Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,076 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:08 PM

My Husband Is Irresponsible, Beats Me And My Parents – Woman Tells Court - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Husband Is Irresponsible, Beats Me And My Parents – Woman Tells Court (29949 Views)

How 7 Men Tied & Raped Me Inside Gutter - Woman Tells Court / Why I Sold ‘monkey Tail ’ To Feed My Family – Woman Tells Ndlea / Abuja Woman Tells Court She Poured Acid On Man Who ‘raped’ Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Is Irresponsible, Beats Me And My Parents – Woman Tells Court by Hardeyoye: 2:38pm On Oct 13, 2015
which divorce una dey find? where u ever married to him? he refused to pay ur bride price and u are calling him ur husband. as for d man, dis is d highest level of irresponsibility. beat d mother of ur children, beat her mother and father, Ahahahah, Mike Tyson sef no do reach u.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Irresponsible, Beats Me And My Parents – Woman Tells Court by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 13, 2015
If you are not married, never bad mouth any man for beating his wife, men who do it don't like it, mark my words men not boys.

I have beaten my wife once and I didn't like the experience, I dislike my self for months, and will never try it ever in life. see your wife knows your button, and she can push it any moment, when a man is pushed beyond his limit expect anything.
Re: My Husband Is Irresponsible, Beats Me And My Parents – Woman Tells Court by YUSUPH1986(m): 2:39pm On Oct 13, 2015
Lincoln275:
Only ibadan
?
Re: My Husband Is Irresponsible, Beats Me And My Parents – Woman Tells Court by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 13, 2015
There was no marriage in the first place. So what were they doing in court? I smell lies here. Both the man and the woman are fictitious characters.
OP, arrange the folktale well naa...
Re: My Husband Is Irresponsible, Beats Me And My Parents – Woman Tells Court by GboyegaD(m): 2:40pm On Oct 13, 2015
Since he's refused to send the kids to school, he is a wicked man and shouldn't be given custody of the kids.
Re: My Husband Is Irresponsible, Beats Me And My Parents – Woman Tells Court by abbey621(m): 2:40pm On Oct 13, 2015
Cases like this is not about domestic violence but poverty. Imagine the ingredients:

1: She sells engine oil

2: 5 children

3: 300 naira per day for feeding

It's easy to see that the husband is not in his right mind, HABA 5 children under those conditions angry angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Irresponsible, Beats Me And My Parents – Woman Tells Court by agitator: 2:42pm On Oct 13, 2015
DONSMITH123:
A middle age house wife, Mujidat Saliman while pushing for dissolution of her 13-year-old marriage to her husband, Kabir Saliman has told a Grade C Customary Court sitting in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital that her husband beat her and her parents anytime they quarrel.

Mujidat also told the court that Kabir was irresponsible and does not cater for the family.

She said, “My husband has not paid my bride price after 13 years of marriage; I now have five kids for him. He did not allow me to work and only gives me N300 to prepare food for the family.

“When he eventually allowed me to open a shop where I sell engine oil, he accused me of going out with different men who are my customers, knowing the nature of the business I do.
“My husband is so troublesome, he beats me mercilessly several times in a week Most times, I end up being taken to the hospital. He disrespects my family to the extent of beating my mother and recently did the same to my father.

“He has refused to enroll the kids in school and threatened to kill my mother in order to get me back forcefully. This is the third time I am taking him to court. All police interventions have proven abortive, I want a divorce.”

In his defence, the defendant, Kabir told the court that his wife was wayward, promiscuous and a flirt.

“My daughter once told me my wife sent her to an okada man to collect money. I did not react to this until I caught her with a man in front of her shop and I heard an unspeakable conversation between them.
Kabir further stated that when he reported the matter to his mother in-law, she supported her daughter saying it was the nature of her job that warranted her keeping male company.

“Her mother, I am sure, has kept another husband for her as she took her in the very day she left our home and abandoned the kids.

“I had been asked several times if I wanted a divorce, but I said no because of the kids. This is the third time she had sued me to court. My wife is promiscuous, I want to divorce her so that I can take care of my children.”

After hearing both argument, the President of the court, Chief Amusa Makinde consequently adjourned the case till October 21.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/10/13/my-husband-is-irresponsible-beats-me-and-my-parents-woman-tells-court/

This is really strange. How are people who are not married divorced?

lawyers in the house please enlighten me. Abeg I want to learn wink wink wink
Re: My Husband Is Irresponsible, Beats Me And My Parents – Woman Tells Court by GboyegaD(m): 2:44pm On Oct 13, 2015
sow4me:

Then who wld cater for the kids?

He isn't taking care of them at the moment and I don't think he has plans to.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Irresponsible, Beats Me And My Parents – Woman Tells Court by DrGroove(f): 2:46pm On Oct 13, 2015
OnankpaBa:
Any man that beats woman is nothing but a big foooooooooooooooolllll

"Quote me any where"
Meaning many men are big foooooolllls

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Irresponsible, Beats Me And My Parents – Woman Tells Court by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 13, 2015
oluwaSmith1:
She said, “My husband has not paid my bride price after 13 years of marriage; I now have five kids for him. He did not allow me to work and only gives me N300 to prepare food for the family.

you sef check am nah.

You bi free products? But no wife beater abeg.

She's a complete idgit.
Re: My Husband Is Irresponsible, Beats Me And My Parents – Woman Tells Court by Viktor1983(m): 2:47pm On Oct 13, 2015
DONSMITH123:

The woman dey drink shekpe? No bride price and she calls him "my husband"
Na boy friend be that
Re: My Husband Is Irresponsible, Beats Me And My Parents – Woman Tells Court by OnankpaBa(m): 2:48pm On Oct 13, 2015
DrGroove:

Meaning many men are big foooooolllls

your man dey beat you too? grin grin grin
Re: My Husband Is Irresponsible, Beats Me And My Parents – Woman Tells Court by kayoxygen: 2:51pm On Oct 13, 2015
Nawaoooo.So he don settle for divorce now
Re: My Husband Is Irresponsible, Beats Me And My Parents – Woman Tells Court by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 13, 2015
oluwaSmith1:

you sef check am nah.

You bi free products? But no wife beater abeg.
I support the dissolution of the marriage since the husband is clearly insane; but the whole bride price thing needs to be abolished from our cultures.
It sounds deeming that a man basically buys a woman before she can be his wife.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Irresponsible, Beats Me And My Parents – Woman Tells Court by playtheblues(f): 3:00pm On Oct 13, 2015
Where are the name checkers? cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: My Husband Is Irresponsible, Beats Me And My Parents – Woman Tells Court by Tex42(m): 3:03pm On Oct 13, 2015
Hmmm! The man must be high on something exotic(poverty no be new thing for we country na) to have been beating his wife and her parents, makes me wonder if he married the entire family, even though he is married to no one...

And which marriage are they seeking to resolve? A marriage that never was...the only business they have in court is to know their fate as regards who would be the custodians of their kids.

OK o! Now that the case has been adjourned, they can go back to the boxing ring pending when the case is reconvened.

Naija judiciary...
Re: My Husband Is Irresponsible, Beats Me And My Parents – Woman Tells Court by Ezelexis: 3:11pm On Oct 13, 2015
Pavore9:
Living with a man who has not paid your bride price for 13yrs!

Were they ever married that they are seeking for a divorce? Well in many Igbo communities as long as the man did not pay the woman's bride price he has no paternal rights over the children!

Sadly they are not Igbos, not sure same culture applies to them.

"....After hearing both argument, the President of the court, Chief Amusa Makinde consequently adjourned the case till October 21...."

The "President of the court" is also as confused as most of us. I mean, how will be grant divorce to an unlawfully wedded couple?

I'll like to know how this one ends o
Re: My Husband Is Irresponsible, Beats Me And My Parents – Woman Tells Court by Eneze1(f): 3:15pm On Oct 13, 2015
onila:
I knew they had to be Yoruba

only Yoruba pple beat their inlaws

pathetic

and they claim to be the most respectful Nigerians

kilosele

Stop reasoning like a tribal bigot...you were once matured what took that away?

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Irresponsible, Beats Me And My Parents – Woman Tells Court by DJMCOTTY(m): 3:21pm On Oct 13, 2015
angryPls who has seen any Braless babe today?I ave been standing outside since morning .. Notin at all!! So much for #bralessday sad sad

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Irresponsible, Beats Me And My Parents – Woman Tells Court by mrpatozky(m): 3:22pm On Oct 13, 2015
OnankpaBa:

"Quote me any where"
Oga take seat first... Na ur type dey beat pass sef
Re: My Husband Is Irresponsible, Beats Me And My Parents – Woman Tells Court by mrpatozky(m): 3:24pm On Oct 13, 2015
Eneze1:

Lord of host... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: My Husband Is Irresponsible, Beats Me And My Parents – Woman Tells Court by onila(f): 3:25pm On Oct 13, 2015
Eneze1:

in Yoruba movies, I see them beat their old in laws

how can u beat old pple
Re: My Husband Is Irresponsible, Beats Me And My Parents – Woman Tells Court by david22uu(m): 3:26pm On Oct 13, 2015
SEE UR LIFE... THE MAN HAS NOT PAID UR BRIDEPRICE, HE BEAT U, HE DOES HIS AND THAT AND UR STILL WITH HI.. U BE EWU NO 1
Re: My Husband Is Irresponsible, Beats Me And My Parents – Woman Tells Court by deramarks(f): 3:31pm On Oct 13, 2015
Flashh:
Very easy... Just buy a cane and go to his parent's house, make sure you greet them very before starting so that it won't look as if you disrespect them.

Just tell them their son sent you to them. When they ask "what is the gift"?. Just show them the cane with due respect and start your own beating.

No offense in it sister, you're only returning the favor.

God no go vex. cool
I support bro na d first tin wey enter my mind b dat do back and relax he go fear u

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Irresponsible, Beats Me And My Parents – Woman Tells Court by greatiyk4u(m): 3:49pm On Oct 13, 2015
I knw say na yoloba person go gv dis kind of report......laziness is a sin
Re: My Husband Is Irresponsible, Beats Me And My Parents – Woman Tells Court by akike: 3:53pm On Oct 13, 2015
oluwaSmith1:

yes, but the lady herself fault up. as for the man, he should be sent to prison

What has bride price for to do with the issue at her? Is she a product for sale? Does bride price determine a peaceful home?
Re: My Husband Is Irresponsible, Beats Me And My Parents – Woman Tells Court by swaggerdgrt(m): 3:57pm On Oct 13, 2015
OnankpaBa:

"Quote me any where"
guy ur comment no mke sense,dnt u knw dat women can b so annoyin mst of d tme
Re: My Husband Is Irresponsible, Beats Me And My Parents – Woman Tells Court by swaggerdgrt(m): 3:58pm On Oct 13, 2015
Una jst dey bleame d man,wat abt d woman?? She might be promiscious cos women cnt bear wen dias no money.mke d man beat am we'll we'll wel
Re: My Husband Is Irresponsible, Beats Me And My Parents – Woman Tells Court by akike: 4:03pm On Oct 13, 2015
bisdansun:
If you are not married, never bad mouth any man for beating his wife, men who do it don't like it, mark my words men not boys.

I have beaten my wife once and I didn't like the experience, I dislike my self for months, and will never try it ever in life. see your wife knows your button, and she can push it any moment, when a man is pushed beyond his limit expect anything.

I am sorry but that it is what all abusers say. Ask any of them and ask psychologist too

Don't blame your lack of self control and self discipline on other people. Stop making excuses to appease your self. Asldnit what you did was wrong. There are many ways you could have afforded beating her but you just couldn't walk away.

Why on earth would you think that you do not do things that make her wish she should stab you to death? undecided. I am sure there are times that she would love to beat the devil out of you or shoot you dead but she restrained herself. Learn to do likewise.

If you cannot leave with her or if you think she is impossible, there is something g called separation and divorce. You have no reason to resort to violence
Re: My Husband Is Irresponsible, Beats Me And My Parents – Woman Tells Court by Missmossy(f): 4:04pm On Oct 13, 2015
Chai!!!

He didn't pay your bride price for 13years yet you stayed with him,he still beats you. Too bad.

The man is a terrible creature and the woman very silly too.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Michael Isibor Dies Of Gunshot Wounds In His Farm In Delta (Graphic) / Fulani Herdsmen Kill 2 NSCDC Officials In Benue State (Graphic Photos) / Task Force Officer Nearly Killed By Cultists During Raid In Lagos.Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.