Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo (2462 Views)

"Wetin Dem Know Wey Be Biafra?" - Obasanjo Speaks On Agitation On BBC (video) / Boko Haram: What A Retired General Told Me About ‘defeat Claims’ – Fani-kayode / We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by richidinho(m): 1:56pm On Oct 13, 2015
Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, the former president of Nigeria has said that Nigeria will win the war against Boko Haram the same way the country defeated Biafra secessionist during the civil war. The civil war which occurred from 1967 to 1970 was an attempt by some states to break away from Nigeria and establish an independent Biafra state.

According to Daily Trust, the former president expressed optimism that the country would put an end to the insurgency. He said this on Monday, October 12 after briefing President Muhammadu Buhari on his delegation’s mission to study Columbia’s efforts in the fight against the country’s largest rebel group, FARC.

Obasanjo said it was not until every Boko Haram fighter had died before the country could claim to
have defeated the insurgency. Rather, Boko Haram could be considered defeated as soon as the army had the upper hand and other measures had been put in place.

Obasanjo said: “Oh yes. If we won the civil war, we can win this one. But like the Columbian said, we are not waiting until we kill off every insurgent to say we have won. I believe that once the military has the upper hand, other measures that have to be taken will be put in place. There will be measures of socio-economic development, education, employment. All that has to go into the process of eventually winning the war and saying here is Uhuru”.

He also said that the three month target that the president gave to the army to defeat the insurgency would help them to have a focus. “The president must give a target. When you give somebody a target, you give him something to aspire to, giving him an objective. Target is not cast in stone. I believe that if you are talking of getting the upper hand, gradually, we are getting the upper hand.
“We are not there yet, but we are getting close. And once we are getting upper hand, we move on and do other things.”

He also explained his reason for visiting the president: “I’ve come to see the president for two reasons. The first one is the one you’ve just seen. I brought a delegation of those of us who visited Columbia last year under the auspices of a foundation which I’m the chairman…We went to Columbia to see how the Columbian authorities were handling the issue of insurgency which had been with them for more than 50 years. As a result of that visit and the experience we had, a book was produced and I said to them that it would be interesting for us in Nigeria to learn as much as we can learn from the experience of Columbia.

“The second aspect of my visit was the work that both the president and the ECOWAS gave me in Guinea Bissau. The last time, we were able to resolve all the issues of getting a new Prime Minister. This time, we had also been able to resolve the issue of now forming a government.”

He added that he was enjoying his retirement: “I am enjoying it wonderfully well. Otherwise, I will not be here with you.”

President Buhari sent Olusegun Obasanjo to Guinea Bissau to resolve the political apprehension that was going on in the country. The move was considered a way to strengthen Nigeria’s foreign policy in Africa.

http://www.kevindjakporblog.com/2015/10/we-will-do-to-boko-haram-what-we-did-to.html#ixzz3oS4etqPr
Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by midehi2(f): 1:58pm On Oct 13, 2015
we are waiting
Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 13, 2015
Hnmmm
Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by kendrick9(m): 2:00pm On Oct 13, 2015
Obasanjo, a fool @80

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by richidinho(m): 2:01pm On Oct 13, 2015
can u immagine dis Ape?

5 Likes

Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by moderation2020: 2:04pm On Oct 13, 2015
richidinho:
Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, the former president of Nigeria has said that Nigeria will win the war against Boko Haram the same way the country defeated Biafra secessionist during the civil war. The civil war which occurred from 1967 to 1970 was an attempt by some states to break away from Nigeria and establish an independent Biafra state.

According to Daily Trust, the former president expressed optimism that the country would put an end to the insurgency. He said this on Monday, October 12 after briefing President Muhammadu Buhari on his delegation’s mission to study Columbia’s efforts in the fight against the country’s largest rebel group, FARC.

Obasanjo said it was not until every Boko Haram fighter had died before the country could claim to
have defeated the insurgency. Rather, Boko Haram could be considered defeated as soon as the army had the upper hand and other measures had been put in place.

Obasanjo said: “Oh yes. If we won the civil war, we can win this one. But like the Columbian said, we are not waiting until we kill off every insurgent to say we have won. I believe that once the military has the upper hand, other measures that have to be taken will be put in place. There will be measures of socio-economic development, education, employment. All that has to go into the process of eventually winning the war and saying here is Uhuru”.

He also said that the three month target that the president gave to the army to defeat the insurgency would help them to have a focus. “The president must give a target. When you give somebody a target, you give him something to aspire to, giving him an objective. Target is not cast in stone. I believe that if you are talking of getting the upper hand, gradually, we are getting the upper hand.
“We are not there yet, but we are getting close. And once we are getting upper hand, we move on and do other things.”

He also explained his reason for visiting the president: “I’ve come to see the president for two reasons. The first one is the one you’ve just seen. I brought a delegation of those of us who visited Columbia last year under the auspices of a foundation which I’m the chairman…We went to Columbia to see how the Columbian authorities were handling the issue of insurgency which had been with them for more than 50 years. As a result of that visit and the experience we had, a book was produced and I said to them that it would be interesting for us in Nigeria to learn as much as we can learn from the experience of Columbia.

“The second aspect of my visit was the work that both the president and the ECOWAS gave me in Guinea Bissau. The last time, we were able to resolve all the issues of getting a new Prime Minister. This time, we had also been able to resolve the issue of now forming a government.”

He added that he was enjoying his retirement: “I am enjoying it wonderfully well. Otherwise, I will not be here with you.”

President Buhari sent Olusegun Obasanjo to Guinea Bissau to resolve the political apprehension that was going on in the country. The move was considered a way to strengthen Nigeria’s foreign policy in Africa.

http://www.kevindjakporblog.com/2015/10/we-will-do-to-boko-haram-what-we-did-to.html#ixzz3oS4etqPr

op&baba Are foooools
Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 13, 2015
HMMMM D END SHALL JUSTIFY THE MEANS
Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 13, 2015
I love this. Another "Odumegwu Ojukwu saga" is a welcome development. Way to go, Boko Harams!!

1 Like

Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by OZAOEKPE(f): 2:09pm On Oct 13, 2015
"I'm sorry to say that, elders from the sophisticated region are nothing but apes".

6 Likes

Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by OVI75(m): 2:12pm On Oct 13, 2015
Lousy old man.go to ur grave and meet the innocents lives u wasted soon.

dnt knw why ds man caries so msh hate.is that the best example available to him.

I am nt igbo bt biafra ws a jst cause,nigeria as an entity is an injustice.

5 Likes

Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by 2sureguy1(m): 2:17pm On Oct 13, 2015
kendrick9:
Obasanjo, a fool @80
He's a fool till kingdom come

3 Likes

Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by glacswhite: 4:31pm On Oct 13, 2015
Fool see how Boko haram slaughtered Nigerian soldiers and the news has been hidden let me tell you Obasanjo this news will soon spread to the hearing of the people

1 Like

Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by dewstar: 5:50pm On Oct 13, 2015
So Obasanjo is saying Ojukwu = Shekau?

1 Like

Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by Stolen: 5:53pm On Oct 13, 2015
[size=18pt]One thing is certain, Obasanjo introduced Boko Haram and ran to Ota Farm.

Today the North is suffering and dieing while Obasanjo rants like a raving Baboon after sodomising his daughters. [/size]

3 Likes

Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by size40: 5:56pm On Oct 13, 2015
The name Biafra is a Taboo in my place. People should stop talking about Biafra here pls.

1 Like

Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by size40: 6:04pm On Oct 13, 2015
The name Biafra is a Taboo in my place. People should stop talking about Biafra here pls.
Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by WHOcarex: 6:06pm On Oct 13, 2015
cheesy
Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by otukpo(f): 6:24pm On Oct 13, 2015
So, what are you waiting for obasanjo?

Are you waiting for ne to become syria before you do the thing?

1 Like

Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by Codedb2: 6:39pm On Oct 13, 2015
Please who is Obasanjo?
Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by freez2ryme(m): 6:40pm On Oct 13, 2015
Dis zombie never won die abi?

Diz is how u create hatred in d heart of those dat lost dre luved one during civil war

D day of reckoning will soon befall u

I promise u dat

U must receive d consequence of those little children u wasted dre lives

Mumu@80
Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by odutolasodiq(m): 6:42pm On Oct 13, 2015
so biafra has been defeated some 45years ago.... whats this noise we hear about biafra state by asari dokubo and co..... well buhari never get una time. I wish ojukwu was alive to tutor u guys about "dreams not achievable"......
Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by phemmyutd(m): 6:46pm On Oct 13, 2015
the OP have archived his aim because Obasanjo only said they will do what they did to CIVIL WAR and not Biafra. OP reframe it to suit the Ethnic war on Naira land
Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by nwannaeto: 7:11pm On Oct 13, 2015
odutolasodiq:
so biafra has been defeated some 45years ago.... whats this noise we hear about biafra state by asari dokubo and co..... well buhari never get una time. I wish ojukwu was alive to tutor u guys about "dreams not achievable"......
your papa
Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by BabaNath(m): 7:25pm On Oct 13, 2015
Good move
Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by Scholes007(m): 7:28pm On Oct 13, 2015
odutolasodiq:
comments like this is what should not be allowed in the public in nigeria for now...hello friend mind your words
Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by reuben79: 7:42pm On Oct 13, 2015
Biafra is scam,don't allow people to decieve u,nothing like dat
Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by ArodeTsolaye: 8:24pm On Oct 13, 2015
reuben79:
Biafra is scam,don't allow people to decieve u,nothing like dat

So we shouldn't believe microsoft who have recognised it as a legal word but we should believe an empty-headed amala-swallowing daft gorilla like you. Monkey, u do well.

Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by gebest: 8:54pm On Oct 13, 2015
GBAM
Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by reuben79: 10:36pm On Oct 13, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

So we shouldn't believe microsoft who have recognised it as a legal word but we should believe an empty-headed amala-swallowing daft gorilla like you. Monkey, u do well.
do u tink u can achieve biafra?lol#i always laughed u people drama.u guys never learn 4m 1967 to 1970 abi?were waitin'but noted owolowo of these days he still alive.if u mistakly start another biafra dat is d end of igbos in nigeria.i can bet it.go and ask ojukwu in d grave he will tell u.pls chop ur akpu and gari jejelly.4get abt biafra
Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by ArodeTsolaye: 6:11am On Oct 14, 2015
reuben79:
do u tink u can achieve biafra?lol#i always laughed u people drama.u guys never learn 4m 1967 to 1970 abi?were waitin'but noted owolowo of these days he still alive.if u mistakly start another biafra dat is d end of igbos in nigeria.i can bet it.go and ask ojukwu in d grave he will tell u.pls chop ur akpu and gari jejelly.4get abt biafra

I will respond to you when you've written your Junior Waec.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Time To Purge Naira Land Of Biafra Agitators / Why Most Tribe In Nigeria Hate Ibo People / The Best Road In Nigeria Is In Asaba, Delta State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.