Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

"For Three Years, I Couldn't Access Minister Of Petroleum " ...Akpabio - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "For Three Years, I Couldn't Access Minister Of Petroleum " ...Akpabio (4941 Views)

Melaye: Remi Tinubu Has Arrived Menopause, I Couldn't Have Said I'll Impregnate / Buhari As The Minister Of Petroleum - Constitutionally Right Or Wrong? / Revealed: “In Three Years, NNPC Generated N8.1 Trn, Gave Nigeria N4.3 Trn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "For Three Years, I Couldn't Access Minister Of Petroleum " ...Akpabio by saintopus(m): 4:47pm On Oct 14, 2015
Ilekeh:

Jesus, you're dumb as fuccck.

No one is above the law. Thank Yoruba for this change in government or else Criminella would have been riding Nigeria to hell.

I ignore ethnic bigot
Re: "For Three Years, I Couldn't Access Minister Of Petroleum " ...Akpabio by 9jatriot(m): 4:48pm On Oct 14, 2015
chukel:
Yes he did. He said diezani did not remit anything to federation account from NNPC for the last 7 months of the last administration. That they only had income from customs, firs and other agencies.

Come on, this allegation is too serious na. That is like saying the main source of income was not remitted from November to May. We were simply living on fringed incomes from other revenue. Could this be why the TSA is been enforced.

I know Diezani was bad, but these allegations are too weighty, too heavy for even me to accept.
Re: "For Three Years, I Couldn't Access Minister Of Petroleum " ...Akpabio by 9jatriot(m): 4:51pm On Oct 14, 2015
modath:

Wish you'd watched it, you'd have been awed.

I remember the way akpaabio was going on & on during goodluck's campaign at the nest of champions stadium like he is/ was the best thing since sliced bread.

What is so shocking is that he said it without any emotions, even with a sense of relief by asking kachikwu if he'd not do same..

Jonathan did himself a great disservice...

I even almost pity him...

The rate at which politicians switch camps eh. They are governed by only interest not friendship.

1 Like

Re: "For Three Years, I Couldn't Access Minister Of Petroleum " ...Akpabio by chukel(m): 4:54pm On Oct 14, 2015
9jatriot:

Come on, this allegation is too serious na. That is like saying the main source of income was not remitted from November to May. We were simply living on fringed incomes from other revenue. Could this be why the TSA is been enforced.

I know Diezani was bad, but these allegations are too weighty, too heavy for even me to accept.
Yea, it's serious. But that's a fact coming from Akpabio. Akpabio was not just a governor in the last administration but an insider. If he said that, it's true. That was one of the reasons no one dared talk about auditing NNPC.

4 Likes

Re: "For Three Years, I Couldn't Access Minister Of Petroleum " ...Akpabio by 9jatriot(m): 4:56pm On Oct 14, 2015
chukel:
Yea, it's serious. But that's a fact coming from Akpabio. Akpabio was just not a governor in the last administration but an insider. If he said that, it's true. That was one of the reasons no one dared talk about auditing NNPC.

Things like this make one ask, what if GEJ had returned?

Somalia for better pass us o!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "For Three Years, I Couldn't Access Minister Of Petroleum " ...Akpabio by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:57pm On Oct 14, 2015
sandraokosun:
but as the chief security officer of the state, dont u think he knew certain things abt the host communities who maybe could have reached him as their representative. Frm the anger he spoke with i saw he still isnt over it
He may be the chief security officer of the state, the de jure chief security officer is Mr President. It's wrong for Akpabio to be calling the Minister of Petroleum.

1 Like

Re: "For Three Years, I Couldn't Access Minister Of Petroleum " ...Akpabio by modath(f): 5:09pm On Oct 14, 2015
9jatriot:

Just get yourself a video from channels, its even gone viral on twitter...

9jatriot:

The rate at which politicians switch camps eh. They are governed by only interest not friendship.

It wasn't about switching camps, akpabio is tired of fighting, he has seen the errors of their ways I tell you..

I can now believe olisa metuh's assertion that kachikwu was first identified by pdp,but since diezani bin big pass dem oga at the top so the plan rotten for cooler!

2 Likes

Re: "For Three Years, I Couldn't Access Minister Of Petroleum " ...Akpabio by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 14, 2015
modath:

Just get yourself a video from channels, its even gone viral on twitter...

It wasn't about switching camps, akpabio is tired of fighting, he has seen the errors of their ways I tell you..

I can now believe olisa metuh's assertion that kachikwu was first identified by pdp,but since diezani bin big pass dem oga at the top so the plan rotten for cooler!
In mid 2014, Saudi Arabia and Iran had squabbles over who to become OPEC Sec Gen...Diezani was suggested as a compromise candidate by Nigeria with some seeing an opportunity to finally ease her out discreetly. Jonathan agreed and Kachikwu was vetted by the DSS as her replacement.
Ultimately she lost the bid to be Sec Gen as and she stayed on as Petroleum Minister since Kachikwu didn't want to be NNPC GMD which was under her thumb. Metuh was very right.
Re: "For Three Years, I Couldn't Access Minister Of Petroleum " ...Akpabio by 9jatriot(m): 5:21pm On Oct 14, 2015
SenseiX:

In mid 2014, Saudi Arabia and Iran had squabbles over who to become OPEC Sec Gen...Diezani was suggested as a compromise candidate by Nigeria with some seeing an opportunity to finally ease her out discreetly. Jonathan agreed and Kachikwu was vetted by the DSS as her replacement.
Ultimately she lost the bid to be Sec Gen as Iraq's oil minister won and she stayed on as Petroleum Minister since Kachikwu didn't want to be NNPC GMD which was under her thumb. Metuh was very right.

2104 is just last year, Metuh said 3 yrs ago. Your story does not tally with Metuh's.

4 Likes

Re: "For Three Years, I Couldn't Access Minister Of Petroleum " ...Akpabio by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 14, 2015
9jatriot:

2104 is just last year, Metuh said 3 yrs ago. Your story does not tally with Metuh's.
Metuh may have gotten his numbers wrong then, Mid 2014 DAM ran for OPEC Sec Gen, lemme find a link online
Re: "For Three Years, I Couldn't Access Minister Of Petroleum " ...Akpabio by 9jatriot(m): 5:26pm On Oct 14, 2015
SenseiX:

Metuh may have gotten his numbers wrong then, Mid 2014 DAM ran for OPEC Sec Gen, lemme find a link online

If my memory serves me right, she became Head of OPEC 2014. Is it the same thing we are talking about here?
Re: "For Three Years, I Couldn't Access Minister Of Petroleum " ...Akpabio by Acidosis(m): 5:26pm On Oct 14, 2015
OP can lie for Africa

I listened to the same speech. He said 3 days, not 3 years.
Re: "For Three Years, I Couldn't Access Minister Of Petroleum " ...Akpabio by sandraokosun: 5:28pm On Oct 14, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

He may be the chief security officer of the state, the de jure chief security officer is Mr President. It's wrong for Akpabio to be calling the Minister of Petroleum.
which eva way u want to say it, akpabio deserve to be invovled, how then can the ordinary people of the state get the attention of the nnpc gmd if their gov with all conection cant. If the state wishes to take back its oil and be on its own what would fg do. Is akwa ibom oil their right or privilege

1 Like

Re: "For Three Years, I Couldn't Access Minister Of Petroleum " ...Akpabio by LoopsPR: 5:29pm On Oct 14, 2015
Please help me fill my survey its very important from my project. Ive not been able to get responses. And it is very important and urgent. Here is the link: https:///LX73Ho

Please help me fill out.
Re: "For Three Years, I Couldn't Access Minister Of Petroleum " ...Akpabio by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 14, 2015
9jatriot:

If my memory serves me right, she became Head of OPEC 2014. Is it the same thing we are talking about here?
She was elected OPEC President which is rotated among the Oil Ministers of member countries. The Secretary General handles the day to day running at the secretariat in Vienna. Here's a link below
The ambition of Nigeria and Nigeria’s Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke, to become the Secretary General of the influential Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries was dashed on Wednesday.
This followed the decision of the members of OPEC to extend the tenure of the incumbent Secretary General, Abdullah al-Badri.
The tenure of al-Badri was extended till June 30, 2015.
The decision subsequently dashes the move by Nigeria to emerge as the secretary general.
The move came to the open on Tuesday.
However, at its meeting on Wednesday, the OPEC members decided to retain the current occupier of the position.
The initial proposal to have Alison-Madueke to occupy the position was to solve the deadlock over the post created by opposing candidates from Saudi Arabia and Iran, Iraq’s Oil Minister, Abdul Kareem Luaibi, said.
Meanwhile, OPEC agreed on Wednesday to renew its oil production ceiling of 30 million barrels a day for the second half of this year in a widely anticipated decision.
http://theeagleonline.com.ng/opec-dashes-alison-maduekes-ambition-to-become-secretary-general/
Re: "For Three Years, I Couldn't Access Minister Of Petroleum " ...Akpabio by Yeske2(m): 5:31pm On Oct 14, 2015
I was so shocked when i heard it, GEJ was the worst thing that ever happened to this country

3 Likes

Re: "For Three Years, I Couldn't Access Minister Of Petroleum " ...Akpabio by 9jatriot(m): 5:34pm On Oct 14, 2015
SenseiX:

She was elected OPEC President which is rotated among the Oil Ministers of member countries. The Secretary General handles the day to day running at the secretariat in Vienna. Here's a link below
[The ambition of Nigeria and Nigeria’s Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke, to become the Secretary General of the influential Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries was dashed on Wednesday.
This followed the decision of the members of OPEC to extend the tenure of the incumbent Secretary General, Abdullah al-Badri.
The tenure of al-Badri was extended till June 30, 2015.
The decision subsequently dashes the move by Nigeria to emerge as the secretary general.
The move came to the open on Tuesday.
However, at its meeting on Wednesday, the OPEC members decided to retain the current occupier of the position.
The initial proposal to have Alison-Madueke to occupy the position was to solve the deadlock over the post created by opposing candidates from Saudi Arabia and Iran, Iraq’s Oil Minister, Abdul Kareem Luaibi, said.
Meanwhile, OPEC agreed on Wednesday to renew its oil production ceiling of 30 million barrels a day for the second half of this year in a widely anticipated decision.
http://theeagleonline.com.ng/opec-dashes-alison-maduekes-ambition-to-become-secretary-general/

Could it be that instead of allowing an alleged thief to man the position, the 2 enemies decided to sheave their swords. Just saying o.

1 Like

Re: "For Three Years, I Couldn't Access Minister Of Petroleum " ...Akpabio by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 14, 2015
9jatriot:

Could it be that instead of allowing an alleged thief to man the position, the 2 enemies decided to sheave their swords. Just saying o.
Lol I don't know o

1 Like

Re: "For Three Years, I Couldn't Access Minister Of Petroleum " ...Akpabio by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:37pm On Oct 14, 2015
sandraokosun:
which eva way u want to say it, akpabio deserve to be invovled, how then can the ordinary people of the state get the attention of the nnpc gmd if their gov with all conection cant. If the state wishes to take back its oil and be on its own what would fg do. Is akwa ibom oil their right or privilege
The oil belongs to the FG.
Re: "For Three Years, I Couldn't Access Minister Of Petroleum " ...Akpabio by modath(f): 5:54pm On Oct 14, 2015
U
Acidosis:
OP can lie for Africa

That means the whole twitterverse is lying too.

Same way one of you donned a masquerade garb to discredit the Metuh/Kachikwu story.

You may be devoid of dignity & honour, I'm not, I was raised better than that.

Go & play with rocks & sand! Bye Felicia
Re: "For Three Years, I Couldn't Access Minister Of Petroleum " ...Akpabio by Emade(m): 6:07pm On Oct 14, 2015
I think is too late to tell Nigeria's now
Re: "For Three Years, I Couldn't Access Minister Of Petroleum " ...Akpabio by abdulhadi101(m): 6:19pm On Oct 14, 2015
Acidosis:
OP can lie for Africa

seriously u need to remove that sentimental headphone its clouding ur hearing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "For Three Years, I Couldn't Access Minister Of Petroleum " ...Akpabio by aieromon(m): 10:03pm On Oct 14, 2015
Acidosis:
OP can lie for Africa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RwcH5_hMvk
Re: "For Three Years, I Couldn't Access Minister Of Petroleum " ...Akpabio by rafeelly(m): 11:15pm On Oct 14, 2015
when you listen to some of this facts by akpabio u kind of imagined how much this people really stole... 7 months of no remission and someone said 13 billion pound is an exaggeration... mizcoliatu, firefire , TonyeBaracanista whynotthetruth? oya come explain to us why we shouldn't pray some of this people just drop dead undecided
Re: "For Three Years, I Couldn't Access Minister Of Petroleum " ...Akpabio by rafeelly(m): 11:17pm On Oct 14, 2015
mod front page pls... seun, obinoscopy ,lalasticlala ,
Re: "For Three Years, I Couldn't Access Minister Of Petroleum " ...Akpabio by Nobody: 11:24pm On Oct 14, 2015
Acidosis:
OP can lie for Africa

Acidosis, still the fool. Spreading cancer on threads.
Re: "For Three Years, I Couldn't Access Minister Of Petroleum " ...Akpabio by benega: 11:38pm On Oct 14, 2015
when the goat that stole your yams ask u to pray for it angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News: 16 Pdp Rivers State Lawmakers Sacked By Appeal Court / Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President / 3 Nigerians Make Top 10 Richest Black In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.