Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,426 members, 7,812,252 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President (4918 Views)

People In Jewish Attire Storm Umuahia Streets With Biafra Insignia (Photos) / Why Urhobo Can’t Be Part Of Biafra – Urhobo Leaders / Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by Ramsonkayode(m): 11:28am On Jul 29, 2017
Olorogun Moses Taiga, the President General of Urhobo Progress Union (UPU) Worldwide has told those drawing maps that include Urhobo in Biafra to stop wasting their time. NAIJ.com gathered that the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) in its map of states has Urhobo and the entire Delta state. But Taiga explained that Biafra and Urhobo do not even share a common boundary and there is nothing binding the Igbos with them.

The business mogul speaking with Vanguard said: “We the Urhobo Nation know we are not even neighbours to some of those people who said we are part of them. “We have the Ijaw to the west, we have the Edo to the north, and we have the Anioma to the northeast, so there is nothing that binds us. “There is no correlation between us, and we also have the natural River Niger that separates us there is, therefore, no case in that. “The issue is does somebody draw an artificial map and say Edo and Delta are part of his own. “The Youngman, Nnamdi Kanu lives in England and makes all sorts of claims. The Southern Leaders Forum said any attack on any party of the South is an attack against the whole South, so we do not intend to select any nation in the whole of the South for special attack.

“We are not part of any other kingdom; we are the fourth largest nation in the country, and we’ve not fought hard enough to secure our rightful place, but our job is to try to articulate our position and ensure that we are due for recognition.” NAIJ.com previously reported that the federal government has been called upon to arrest Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB) or face mass protest by the Arewa Youth Assembly, AYA, a group from the northern part of the country. According to the group, the IPOB leader has violated his bail conditions and such acts is capable of distabilising the country.

In a statement signed by its speaker and made available to Premium Times, Mohammed Salihu and clerk, Desmond Minakaro, AYA gave the acting president Yemi Osinbajo 10 days to order the arrest of Nnamdi Kanu.

SOURCE: http://www.urbangists.com/2017/07/urhobos-have-no-bond-with-biafra-urhobo.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by nextprince: 11:30am On Jul 29, 2017
Our attachè flatloids will not like this.

4 Likes

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by taylor88(m): 11:32am On Jul 29, 2017
lol
Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 29, 2017
nextprince:
Our attachè flatloids will not like this.

You're pained already.

More flowing tears in your eyes.

11 Likes

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by vanbonattel: 11:34am On Jul 29, 2017
Urhobos has nothing in common with Igbos, they should mind their lane and stop attaching themselves to Igbos.

16 Likes

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by nextprince: 11:35am On Jul 29, 2017
crazysaint:

You're pained already.

More flowing tears in your eyes.

Pained for a problem not related to me?

Do you people just type and post for posting sake? grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 29, 2017
nextprince:

Pained for a problem not related to me?
Do you people just type and post for posting sake? grin grin
Problem not related to you?
Why did you jump in to comment, if it. didn't bother or related to you?
Do you type and comment, just for commenting sake?

12 Likes

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by nextprince: 11:41am On Jul 29, 2017
crazysaint:

Problem not related to you?

Why did you jump in to comment, if it. didn't bother or related to you?

Do you type and comment, just for commenting sake?
Dude, I'm not pained and last time I checked, typing on a thread doesn't suggest pain.

Now get out.

6 Likes

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by Arda1000(m): 11:46am On Jul 29, 2017
igbo don't want any ties with any group with Yoruba blood in their gene

13 Likes

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by Pharaoh9(m): 1:58pm On Jul 29, 2017
But Urhobo has tie with Efik, Ibibio, Ogoja etc

7 Likes

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by vanbonattel: 2:03pm On Jul 29, 2017
Pharaoh9:
But Urhobo has tie with Efik, Ibibio, Ogoja etc

That's their freaking business.

6 Likes

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 29, 2017
Urhobos are likely to be part of oduduwa
Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by jared007: 2:49pm On Jul 29, 2017
My dear Igbo brothers u know it's unfair to include Urhobo in Biafra map without their consent.

Ipob has been campaigning everywhere in the east without stating clearly to the Niger-Delta minorities about their accommodation, safety , the Long-term plan and agenda for a prosperous future Biafra

Urhobo has been more productive in Yorubaland than in Igboland e.g an Urhobo is a member of the Federal house of representatives in Lagos State, an Urhobo is a Local government chairman in Ekiti State and many more to even continue listing.

Those of u that think Urhobos are not the fourth or fifth largest ethnic group in Nigeria should step forward with facts becos Nigeria hasn't enjoyed a credible census since its creation.

1 Like

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by IkpuMmadu: 8:03am On Jul 30, 2017
Ramsonkayode:
Olorogun Moses Taiga, the President General of Urhobo Progress Union (UPU) Worldwide has told those drawing maps that include Urhobo in Biafra to stop wasting their time. NAIJ.com gathered that the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) in its map of states has Urhobo and the entire Delta state. But Taiga explained that Biafra and Urhobo do not even share a common boundary and there is nothing binding the Igbos with them.

The business mogul speaking with Vanguard said: “We the Urhobo Nation know we are not even neighbours to some of those people who said we are part of them. “We have the Ijaw to the west, we have the Edo to the north, and we have the Anioma to the northeast, so there is nothing that binds us. “There is no correlation between us, and we also have the natural River Niger that separates us there is, therefore, no case in that. “The issue is does somebody draw an artificial map and say Edo and Delta are part of his own. “The Youngman, Nnamdi Kanu lives in England and makes all sorts of claims. The Southern Leaders Forum said any attack on any party of the South is an attack against the whole South, so we do not intend to select any nation in the whole of the South for special attack.

“We are not part of any other kingdom; we are the fourth largest nation in the country, and we’ve not fought hard enough to secure our rightful place, but our job is to try to articulate our position and ensure that we are due for recognition.” NAIJ.com previously reported that the federal government has been called upon to arrest Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB) or face mass protest by the Arewa Youth Assembly, AYA, a group from the northern part of the country. According to the group, the IPOB leader has violated his bail conditions and such acts is capable of distabilising the country.

In a statement signed by its speaker and made available to Premium Times, Mohammed Salihu and clerk, Desmond Minakaro, AYA gave the acting president Yemi Osinbajo 10 days to order the arrest of Nnamdi Kanu.

SOURCE: http://www.urbangists.com/2017/07/urhobos-have-no-bond-with-biafra-urhobo.html

Noted....But as an anioma man... Would you say I am not igbo

13 Likes

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:54am On Jul 30, 2017
The problem I have with the article is the claim that small Urhobo with 1 senatorial district in Delta state is the 4th largest ethnic nation ahead of Ijaws (60% in Rivers, 100% Bayelsa, 40% Delta, and also in Akwa Ibom and Ondo states- undisputed 4th largest with 20million population) and the fifth largest tribe Tiv (Dominant in Benue and also present in Taraba state)

N/B
I ignore trolls
Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by Efewestern: 9:46am On Jul 30, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
The problem I have with the article is the claim that small Urhobo with 1 senatorial district in Delta state is the 4th largest ethnic nation ahead of Ijaws (60% in Rivers, 100% Bayelsa, 40% Delta, and also in Akwa Ibom and Ondo states- undisputed 4th largest with 20million population) and the fifth largest tribe Tiv (Dominant in Benue and also present in Taraba state)

N/B
I ignore trolls

oga What's the population of ijaw in bayelsa? 800,000

in Delta state you guys are minority, less than 500,000

In Rivers less than 400,000

In Ondo and Edo, you guys are not more than 100,000

Add everything together you guys won't be more than 2million , who dash you 20 million, tar.

Now in Urhobo our population is over 3million, if you add isoko to it then we should be counting 4-5million.. you think population is about spreading In every state.. behave make you no shop slap o grin

Happy Sunday.

fratermathy and Sanchez01 please help us with accurate figure.

modified : did I just hear you say 40% of Delta, are you high?, you think Delta is Rivers. if Ijaw is 40% what about itsekiri?. don't just pull figure out of the thin air.

14 Likes

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:54am On Jul 30, 2017
[s]
Efewestern:

oga What's the population of ijaw in bayelsa? 800,000

in Delta state you guys are minority, less than 500,000

In Rivers less than 400,000

In Ondo and Edo, you guys are not more than 100,000

Add everything together you guys won't be more than 2million , who dash you 20 million, tar.

Now in Urhobo our population is over 3million, if you add isoko to it then we should be counting 4-5million.. you think population is about spreading In every state.. behave make you no shop slap o grin

Happy Sunday.

fratermathy and Sanchez01 please help us with accurate figure.

modified : did I just hear you say 40% of Delta, are you high?, you think Delta is Rivers. if Ijaw is 40% what about itsekiri?. don't just pull figure out of the thin air.
[/s]you aren't different from the deluded IPod yoots.

I don't discuss with ignoramus, I'll oblige Fratermathy only on this
Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by Efewestern: 10:02am On Jul 30, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
[s][/s]you aren't different from the deluded IPod yoots.

oh so am now iPod because I pointed out the error in your post.. 40% In Delta, like are you kidding me, you don't have argument here, no body will take you serious with that your claim, 20million ni.

delusional..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by hammerF: 10:03am On Jul 30, 2017
It appears that the Urhobo are attention seeking again.

This Biafra must be used to highlight Urhobo relevance.

I think they might have shot demselves in the foot.

It is never a good idea to breed enmity with ur neighbours.

11 Likes

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by Oladimejyy(m): 10:41am On Jul 30, 2017
hammerF:

Since you were born,now you're growing old, your points are useless like the "t" in listen and in depot

1 Like

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by googlepikins: 10:48am On Jul 30, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
[s][/s]you aren't different from the deluded IPod yoots.

common shut up and go and sleep. Otondo

10 Likes

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by fratermathy(m): 11:23am On Jul 30, 2017
vanbonattel:
Urhobos has nothing in common with Igbos, they should mind their lane and stop attaching themselves to Igbos.

Reverse psychology.

Who's attaching who to maps and plans?

Cc:
Lalasticlala
Seun
FP

2 Likes

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by amjoseph19: 11:28am On Jul 30, 2017
Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by fratermathy(m): 11:30am On Jul 30, 2017
IkpuMmadu:

Noted....But as an anioma man... Would you say I am not igbo

That is not the issue at hand. Whether or not you are Igbo is your personal dilemma and has nothing to do with Urhobos, who share nothing with Igbos.
Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by fratermathy(m): 11:33am On Jul 30, 2017
hammerF:

I'm amazed that the boldened is coming from an IPOB youth whose sole existential purpose is to follow Nnamdi Kanu create as many enemies as possible.

5 Likes

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by hammerF: 12:21pm On Jul 30, 2017
fratermathy:

I'm amazed that the boldened is coming from an IPOB youth whose sole existential purpose is to follow Nnamdi Kanu create as many enemies as possible.

The one fulani is doing in ur land is loving u abi? We are doing our best to make Nigeria better, our elders did all the talking and got no result, so far North is now begging for restructuring. We have killed nobody, rather it is u people that have blood of innocent IPOB on ur hands.

6 Likes

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by aniomafirstson: 12:44pm On Jul 30, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

N/B
I ignore trolls

fratermarthy why did you ignore this post?
Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by Ngozi123(f): 12:51pm On Jul 30, 2017
Out of all the minority groups that have been included in the Biafra discussion, the Urhobo nation have by far, had the most to say on this topic. All of this is based on some map that was created years ago by a group that has changed its position on the matter. When is the last time that MASSOB said that the Urhobo tribe will be included in Biafra?

11 Likes

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by fratermathy(m): 2:05pm On Jul 30, 2017
Ngozi123:
Out of all the minority groups that have been included in the Biafra discussion, the Urhobo nation have by far, had the most to say on this topic. All of this is based on some map that was created years ago by a group that has changed its position on the matter. When is the last time that MASSOB said that the Urhobo tribe will be included in Biafra?

I saw one of the recent interviews in which Nnamdi Kanu said Delta is a part of Biafra. In fact, he went further to precisely mention Isoko as well. When he mentioned Delta, he didn't say "Delta Igbo". He said "Delta State", a state in which Urhobos are the most populous ethnic group. What more proof do we need for forceful inclusion into Biafra?

You may not like that fact we have been vocal in our rebuttal but then, no one likes the fact that they are included in a struggle that is not theirs, a struggle built on hate speeches and "overflogged vitriolic".

2 Likes

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by fratermathy(m): 2:07pm On Jul 30, 2017
hammerF:

The one fulani is doing in ur land is loving u abi? We are doing our best to make Nigeria better, our elders did all the talking and got no result, so far North is now begging for restructuring. We have killed nobody, rather it is u people that have blood of innocent IPOB on ur hands.

Nothing brought Fulani into this thread. You asserted that Urhobos are creating enemies of their neighbours, a claim which I find ironic considering that Igbos are making enemies of the entire nation via hate speeches directed at anyone that is not Igbo or in tandem with Igbo agenda.

3 Likes

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by fratermathy(m): 2:11pm On Jul 30, 2017
aniomafirstson:

fratermarthy why did you ignore this post?

"aniomafirstson"

The other day it was "Isoko1stson or Isokofirstson". I'm awaiting "Urhobofirstson".

No real Anioma, Urhobo or Isoko person will create such usernames. The Irony of this is that all such usernames are pro-Biafra! cheesy. If I should ask simple questions about the places you claim to be from, you'd all falter and run.

You guys should stick your noses to your regions and leave my peripheral view please.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by hammerF: 2:14pm On Jul 30, 2017
fratermathy:

Nothing brought Fulani into this thread. You asserted that Urhobos are creating enemies of their neighbours, a claim which I find ironic considering that Igbos are making enemies of the entire nation via hate speeches directed at anyone that is not Igbo or in tandem with Igbo agenda.

Look i dont have all day for goal post shifting. I have responded.

Urhobo is a minority group, go find ur fellow minority to spare with, igbo is way too big for u, we will not ever have to lift a finger or raise our voices against u, becos ur way too small.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Faces Of Lekki Murderers / I've Just Arrived Imo State - Pictures / Deleted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.