Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,240 members, 7,829,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

The Risks Of Selling On Konga And Jumia - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Risks Of Selling On Konga And Jumia (32309 Views)

Konga And Yudala Merger In Pictures / I Spotted A Bottle Of Pepsi On Konga Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Risks Of Selling On Konga And Jumia by goldlucas: 9:11am On Jul 06, 2016
You can sell on zubbah.com now, they are the best now,

They pay instantly, They are just the real definition of a market place, Guys i tried them out , They are even running apromo now where when you buy an item of 10,000 you get 10,000 back, at first i thought it was a lie, but its really true! I got my 10,000 back,

You should try them out, cos konga and jumia are just scammers i tell you, my friend has been complaining since that hes yet to be paid his cash since a month now.
Re: The Risks Of Selling On Konga And Jumia by Cweetie(f): 9:15am On Jul 06, 2016
For No. 5, Product Title, Image & Description:

You can add watermark to your product photos before uploading, that should help. For the description sorry...
Re: The Risks Of Selling On Konga And Jumia by goldlucas: 9:15am On Jul 06, 2016
dancok:
bro that is what I use to say when people are shopping there, but early this year I try shopping there believe me have made my second order . try it u may fall in love with online shopping.
dancok:
bro that is what I use to say when people are shopping there, but early this year I try shopping there believe me have made my second order . try it u may fall in love with online shopping.

You should try zubbah.com, They are just the hottest thing now,
Re: The Risks Of Selling On Konga And Jumia by goldlucas: 9:21am On Jul 06, 2016
debbydee:
The write up says it all. Fine Konga helped me get some customers that added to my bottom line but i had to move the moment i discovered they were so slow in delivering items bought. Secondly customers were no longer serious with the platform. You wont believe i did an advert for 3solid days not even one customer. Never depend on these platform.

You should visit zubbah.com, They are the real definition of a market place

They handle the deliveries for you at a fast pace,

And be sure to get buyers asap
Re: The Risks Of Selling On Konga And Jumia by Tmany(m): 9:51am On Jul 06, 2016
All the OP listed are the current challenge of Market place in Nigeria and it will be good for the OP to also indicate the advantages.

Every bussines has its challenges, how you able to handle this challenge is what really matters.
Re: The Risks Of Selling On Konga And Jumia by ewizard1: 10:13am On Jul 06, 2016
hahn:

Also, once a product is perceived as being a fast selling product, everyone else starts importing it and then sell at ridiculously low prices.

Gbam!
Re: The Risks Of Selling On Konga And Jumia by Reference(m): 10:30am On Jul 06, 2016
When I got to point number 3 I stopped reading, seething with anger. The corrupt, evil, greedy, manipulative, insincere, lazy, selfish and sinister habit of the Nigerian vendor that keeps him from attaching prices to items on offer is now given a colourful title called USP. What kind of rubbish is this. You go to a typical foreign website and the prices of items are displayed clearly so you can make an informed decision. You go to a typical Nigerian website and everything is 'negotiable', even toothpaste and panties. Aircraft, supercars, nuclear powered submarines have their costs/prices displayed over there. Here the vendor will expect you to call him and haggle for everythjng under the sun so he can manipulate your thinking and cheat you out of your cash. Who has time for that bull. I call no one.

Nigerian vendors should work hard at getting value, getting the best prices for their customers by competition. In my profession I welcome competition because in the long run it makes me stronger and gives me the potential of getting ahead by inspiration and hard work. It is not enough to just travel out, buy stuff and seek to make a killing by exploiting the ignorance of the markets. Shoprite and the rest display prices and leave the haggling to their suppliers not their customers. The customer is not only right but must be saved of stress. This 'pepper and salt' market haggling mentality has no place in the 22nd century. No one has the time in this fast pace era and no matter how it is branded USP is not the future.

If I can browse a site in China and immediately get a quote for forward planning and purchase why should I be making unncessary, expensive, stressful phone calls to someone down the road to buy the same item. USP ko, UKIP ni.

2 Likes

Re: The Risks Of Selling On Konga And Jumia by just2endowed: 10:30am On Jul 06, 2016
dancok:
bro do u sell flash drive too good one, I need it.

Yes I sell flash drives. Whatsapp me.
Re: The Risks Of Selling On Konga And Jumia by just2endowed: 10:37am On Jul 06, 2016
Stanleywaxy:
Bro , we still have scammers on JiJi , they nearly duped me on Monday .
Was about buying a Tecno Camon C8 ...forget , we know how to misuse opportunities in this countries .
I still love JiJi shaa

Yes I know it's full of fake things. The problem with jiji and others is that they do not have a platform where customers drop review and seller get rated. Nairaland also don't rate seller though I know nairaland is not like amazon or eBay but if Seun is thinking in establishing that platform, who knows.

So if a review from customers base had increased, there is no need to pay before delivery. Because of the trust my customers have for me and reviews they have read. They will feel confident and will be willing to pay before delivery. 90% of my sales here are carried out base on pay before delivery
Re: The Risks Of Selling On Konga And Jumia by MukaboxNG: 10:47am On Jul 06, 2016
Some of your point are true but that does not mean one should not sell on them, the sky is big enough for everyone to sell.

What you need is get the right product at the cheapest possible price and describe it the best way possible as well as be unique wwith your pictures and ur store and you will get sales above others.

If you want to sell sucessfully on them make sure to sell as a brand, sell on category or 2 or more closely related category and you wouldn't have problem with orders.

I sell on jumia and there are others dat sales same item I sell but still I get orders on same items daily.

As for payment, jumia remit payment weekly and they have improved in their returns and organisation as well as other things.

If you intend to sell with jumia then read this my post on how to sell with them http://olujimimetilelu.com/online-business/sell-on-jumia-com-ng/
Re: The Risks Of Selling On Konga And Jumia by MukaboxNG: 10:51am On Jul 06, 2016
Reference:
When I got to point number 3 I stopped reading, seething with anger. The corrupt, evil, greedy, manipulative, insincere, lazy, selfish and sinister habit of the Nigerian vendor that keeps him from attaching prices to items on offer is now given a colourful title called USP. What kind of rubbish is this. You go to a typical foreign website and the prices of items are displayed clearly so you can make an informed decision. You go to a typical Nigerian website and everything is 'negotiable', even toothpaste and panties. Aircraft, supercars, nuclear powered submarines have their costs/prices displayed over there. Here the vendor will expect you to call him and haggle for everythjng under the sun so he can manipulate your thinking and cheat you out of your cash. Who has time for that bull. I call no one.

Nigerian vendors should work hard at getting value, getting the best prices for their customers by competition. In my profession I welcome competition because in the long run it makes me stronger and gives me the potential of getting ahead by inspiration and hard work. It is not enough to just travel out, buy stuff and seek to make a killing by exploiting the ignorance of the markets. Shoprite and the rest display prices and leave the haggling to their suppliers not their customers. The customer is not only right but must be saved of stress. This 'pepper and salt' market haggling mentality has no place in the 22nd century. No one has the time in this fast pace era and no matter how it is branded USP is not the future.

If I can browse a site in China and immediately get a quote for forward planning and purchase why should I be making unncessary, expensive, stressful phone calls to someone down the road to buy the same item. USP ko, UKIP ni.
Those are mostly done by classified site and not ecomerce. Ecomerce like jumia is best and they don't do such

I even write a post on my blog on how to open an account with them here http://olujimimetilelu.com/online-business/sell-on-jumia-com-ng/
Re: The Risks Of Selling On Konga And Jumia by MukaboxNG: 10:52am On Jul 06, 2016
Tmany:
All the OP listed are the current challenge of Market place in Nigeria and it will be good for the OP to also indicate the advantages.

Every bussines has its challenges, how you able to handle this challenge is what really matters.
Exactly my thought too
Re: The Risks Of Selling On Konga And Jumia by NnamdiN: 10:54am On Jul 06, 2016
Ok check out konga.com/hugostores give God a gift today. We don't disappoint. Happy shopping wink
Re: The Risks Of Selling On Konga And Jumia by toyinpin: 10:56am On Jul 06, 2016
Category1:
I blame the dullard president
let's stop being childish here. why are you involving the President in this issue?
Re: The Risks Of Selling On Konga And Jumia by Stanleywaxy(m): 11:23am On Jul 06, 2016
just2endowed:

Yes I know it's full of fake things. The problem with jiji and others is that they do not have a platform where customers drop review and seller get rated. Nairaland also don't rate seller though I know nairaland is not like amazon or eBay but if Seun is thinking in establishing that platform, who knows.

So if a review from customers base had increased, there is no need to pay before delivery. Because of the trust my customers have for me and reviews they have read. They will feel confident and will be willing to pay before delivery. 90% of my sales here are carried out base on pay before delivery
I agree 100%
Re: The Risks Of Selling On Konga And Jumia by bigiyaro(m): 1:15pm On Jul 06, 2016
dancok:
my oga, i have enough stress already, can't start adding the headache of online shopping in naija. If Na Yankee na different issue.
Re: The Risks Of Selling On Konga And Jumia by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 06, 2016
bigiyaro:
my oga, i have enough stress already, can't start adding the headache of online shopping in naija. If Na Yankee na different issue.
Lol, u got no stress they will bring it to you, well hope somebody will convince you someday About online shopping. *smiles *
Re: The Risks Of Selling On Konga And Jumia by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 06, 2016
goldlucas:

You should visit zubbah.com, They are the real definition of a market place

They handle the deliveries for you at a fast pace,

And be sure to get buyers asap
is it a Nigerian site?
Re: The Risks Of Selling On Konga And Jumia by kayjegs: 2:21pm On Jul 06, 2016
Didn't know all these haven't improved in Naija. But all the same Naija online buying/selling space is improving.
Re: The Risks Of Selling On Konga And Jumia by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 06, 2016
goldlucas:
You can sell on zubbah.com now, they are the best now,

They pay instantly, They are just the real definition of a market place, Guys i tried them out , They are even running apromo now where when you buy an item of 10,000 you get 10,000 back, at first i thought it was a lie, but its really true! I got my 10,000 back,

You should try them out, cos konga and jumia are just scammers i tell you, my friend has been complaining since that hes yet to be paid his cash since a month now.
bro, I checked the site, well quality things though, but their pictures seems too good to be real, plus can they deliver to anywhere in Nigeria, because am in South West Nigeria. Waiting for your opinion on them.
Re: The Risks Of Selling On Konga And Jumia by onatisi(m): 2:46pm On Jul 06, 2016
The problem with Nigeria and Nigerians in general is impatience.
The get rich syndrome is affecting everyone. Everyone looks at amazon and ebay and wants their site to be like that within 2 weeks
the truth about ecommerce is that IT MUST START SMALL AND GROW BY ITSELF. That is the way all these sites started , but nobody wants that.
Re: The Risks Of Selling On Konga And Jumia by Ugoeze2016: 7:00pm On Jul 06, 2016
just2endowed:

You guys should try zokija.com. It is a new classifieds website where you can sell your used or unused stuff, post jobs, services, trade just anything. By the way, you can rate customers on this platform as well

Check my profile
Re: The Risks Of Selling On Konga And Jumia by Ugoeze2016: 7:08pm On Jul 06, 2016
ojialo:
I open a store on Konga they refused to verify me,

Try zokija.com- an online classifieds website
Re: The Risks Of Selling On Konga And Jumia by Ugoeze2016: 7:28pm On Jul 06, 2016
Stanleywaxy:
My brother , the same thing nearly happened to me on Monday .
I was about buying a Techno Camon C8 from a seller on JiJi , never knew the guy was a scammer until he told me to go to the bank and pay in the money for the phone , I had the money with me but knowing how scammers move around these days I didn't even want to try it , he even refused to come and collect the money while bringing the phone .
The rest is just a long story , people are just the ones making bad names for all these online buying/spellings stuffs .

zokija.com is local classifieds site. You smell, taste, see, feel, touch whatever you are buying before making payment.
Re: The Risks Of Selling On Konga And Jumia by Stanleywaxy(m): 10:32pm On Jul 06, 2016
Ugoeze2016:

zokija.com is local classifieds site. You smell, taste, see, feel, touch whatever you are buying before making payment.
I'll give it a try
Re: The Risks Of Selling On Konga And Jumia by Ugoeze2016: 4:48am On Jul 07, 2016
Stanleywaxy:
I'll give it a try

Good, thank you
Re: The Risks Of Selling On Konga And Jumia by luluosas(m): 11:50am On Jul 08, 2016
Tell me you are joking regarding the bolded!
So, because I returned products bought on pay on delivery for failing to meet specification is now a crime. You are NOT serious.
hahn:
Nice one op.

I personally feel that Nigerian marketplaces should apply online payment and cancel pay on delivery. Many clients who insist on pay on delivery end up wasting your time or eventually cancel the order.

The pay on delivery option is abused a lot by customers. However, a lot of sellers import low quality products from China and the buyer who is interested might not get what he/she ordered for.

Also, once a product is perceived as being a fast selling product, everyone else starts importing it and then sell at ridiculously low prices.

Re: The Risks Of Selling On Konga And Jumia by Fikifak(m): 2:07pm On Jul 09, 2016
Stanleywaxy:
Bro , we still have scammers on JiJi , they nearly duped me on Monday .
Was about buying a Tecno Camon C8 ...forget , we know how to misuse opportunities in this countries .
I still love JiJi shaa

Yep Man +1
Re: The Risks Of Selling On Konga And Jumia by goldlucas: 9:05pm On Aug 01, 2016
Yes they re real, the promo is still on
dancok:
bro, I checked the site, well quality things though, but their pictures seems too good to be real, plus can they deliver to anywhere in Nigeria, because am in South West Nigeria. Waiting for your opinion on them.
Re: The Risks Of Selling On Konga And Jumia by goldlucas: 9:06pm On Aug 01, 2016
Yes bro
dancok:
is it a Nigerian site?
Re: The Risks Of Selling On Konga And Jumia by DukeDen(m): 11:55am On Nov 11, 2016
Try DukeDen.com but only if you have a physical store presence and you would have the opportunity to even run an affiliate marketing program

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

13 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1,000 World Banks / Download Free Forex Ea/robots Free With Successful Backtest / Top 10 Philanthropists In Nigeria By Top10 Magazine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.