Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,749 members, 7,820,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan (41670 Views)

Between Femi Adesina And Reuben Abati, Who Is A Better Spokesman? / Keep Quiet! Ex-Militants Tell Edwin Clark / Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by tokyoz3: 12:55pm On Oct 16, 2015
[size=28pt]Scholarship Offer Available
I.C.T Training & Certification
Click Here: http://uciapply..com[/size]
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by doubrah: 12:56pm On Oct 16, 2015
I lend my voice to condemn the statement of chief E.K Clark, it's really un-statemanly of him
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 16, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

"for saying the truth"?

DONT MIND HIM: THERE IS HONOR AMONGST THIEVES. grin
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by feedthenation(m): 1:03pm On Oct 16, 2015
Edwin Clarke is just saying the plain truth.
GEJ wasn't a man in his own right.
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by ekeneidiagbor: 1:03pm On Oct 16, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
did he steal your Dad pension or your Mum stipend from herr whoring campaign?

Be mindful of what you say here

Confaaam
Abeg tell am again..... Joblessness is a disease
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by hilsocial(m): 1:04pm On Oct 16, 2015
I dont usually comment on topics like this but i have to in this case. Whether you support the new or old adminstration, there is alot to learn from this write up. Don't allow ur friends/relatives stop you from setting a legacy when u ve the opportunity cos when the weather changes some of them will disown you and only ur legacy can save ur reputation. I believe the new administration will learn alot from the mistakes of the previous. No administration is perfect all we need is a better 9ja wia political parties ve different ideologies that will bring abt healthy competition and efficieny in governance. Hoping to see a more capital expenditure based budget next year.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 1:05pm On Oct 16, 2015
xxxoladevoxxx:

Well....ur name depicts u, thats why u only such people...
Name the good ones, prove me wrong
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by Abel202: 1:06pm On Oct 16, 2015
[b]Chief Edwin Clark's public denial of Jonathan barely 5 Months after he lost power is the worst form of betrayal. Abati is right. If Edwin Clark knew Jonathan was weak, which we all knew, he shouldn't have been so combative then in defending him and he shouldn't have been so open now in denying him.
Truth is that Jonathan was a mistake of a Leader. Jonathan lacked almost every quality which could define a leader and the worst was that He never grew into a Leader even after spending 16 years at the top echelons of Nigerian politics (Deputy Governor, Governor, Vice president, & ultimately President).
Jonathan has a good heart but he is weak, damned too weak to lead a nation like Nigeria.
But In spite of his obvious shortcomings, he did his best. Its doubtful if his best was quite good to Nigerians. But who amongst his predecessors lead Nigeria better That is the irony of this great nation. Though someone like Jonathan was never supposed to be near that sit of power, yet he didnt fare worse than those who had Leadership qualities but still chose to ran the nation aground.
Buhari has all the Leadership qualities needed to run a nation like Nigeria (although his age & his poor education are not good). But he can only succeed if he removes tribalism and nepotism from his blood which I doubt he can do. Buhari has assembled a great team as Ministers. If he can realy work with them and not (only) dictate to them, maybe we would fare better..[/b]

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:06pm On Oct 16, 2015
seunmsg:
Abati is not different from Edwin Clark. They are different sides of the same coin. Abati is guilty of all what he has accused the old man of.

Abati rose to popularity in Nigeria as a journalist and social crusader who always take side with the Nigerian people against any anti people policies of government. On getting to power, he did a 180 degrees turnaround and supported everything policies he once wrote against. He, FFK, E.K Clark etc belongs to the very worst of the Nigerian political ruling class who lacks principle, commitment and steadfastness to stand for causes they once subscribe to. They are only loyal to power and the benefits that come with it.
Are u different,do you take side with the people now,or an asslicker to d ruling party apc against d people,what change has happened since apc started ruling? Do you say d truth? Stop deceiving yourself
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:10pm On Oct 16, 2015
It is very unfortunate that a man like Chief Clark could do a 360' on Dr Jonathan that accorded him every privileges while in power. Clark was in the best position to advice and reprimand Jonathan when the latter was in power. Instead he sang his praise only to kick him when GEJ left government.

This is a lesson to present and prospective leaders. Your legacy, not your praise-singers will be what will defend you when you leave power.

2 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by fpeter(f): 1:11pm On Oct 16, 2015
That E.K Clark of an old man is just AGIP= Any Govt. In Power
a big sellout.

2 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by kkboy(m): 1:11pm On Oct 16, 2015
"A clueless boss is the best for a thieving employee" Na wa for 9ja People

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by ilyas26(m): 1:12pm On Oct 16, 2015
People should be allowed to speak their minds, Edwin Clark spoke his mind, the only reason abati is complaining is because it was a negative comment
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by flokii: 1:12pm On Oct 16, 2015
buh let's face reality..

why should a president go on his knees for pastors, obas and co... it's self diminishing (m not being proud here) and speaks ill of the country as a whole..

when last did you see Obama and others kneel to any moth*rfucker all in d name of religion or what av you...

m really happy to have a classic man like PMB who understands what being a leader means.. God bless him & Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by mbhs139(m): 1:21pm On Oct 16, 2015
theV0ice:
cheesy

GEJ should have asked what role Edwin Clark played when he was kept as a plaything of Turai. The answer would have helped him know who his friends were. Clark only surfaced when it was time to chop and he arrogated to himself the tag "father of the president".

To even imagine that this baba threatened fire and brimstone if GEJ failed at the polls. But I don't blame him....GEJ was there for the taking.

Somebody that could make FFK his spokesman after all he regaled Nigerians with about GEJ deserves to be deceived I guess.

GEJ was too naive and 'nice' for his own good. He's not a politician, even Alamieseigha described him as unambitious. He was an accident on our political scene.

I wish him the best in his retirement.

The bold part gat me thinking, and it was at that point I actually concluded that we have a ... as a President.

May the LORD never allow the likes of the past administration to rule over this country again.

God willing, I will be keeping some of these events to serve as a lesson for my five months old son- that it is not everyone that sings your praise when you are in position of authority that truly loves you, in fact, they are your greatest enemy.

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by samofson: 1:23pm On Oct 16, 2015
So Abati can still right objectively, funny how he lost his golden pen while he was in office, thank God he has finally found it.

Only wish he had put it to good use when he had Jonathan ' s ear, maybe Jonathan would have had a chance.

Although Baba Clark is a turncoat who would never be trusted by the people he is trying to appease because of his disloyalty to Jonathan, Abati is also guilty of not advising his principal correctly about his utterances and failing to write such good pieces as this in support of his principal while in office.

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by advocates: 1:25pm On Oct 16, 2015
Failure is truly an orphan. Like Reuben says, what stays after you leave office or power, is your legacy. Legacy here is not the few friends or associates you enriched but the number of institutions and structures you build to benefit the general populace.

The question is, what legacy did Jonathan leave behind?

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by Pidggin(f): 1:26pm On Oct 16, 2015
Sadly it's human nature to abandon you when the going gets tough.
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 16, 2015
So gracious smiley.
theV0ice:
cheesy

GEJ should have asked what role Edwin Clark played when he was kept as a plaything of Turai. The answer would have helped him know who his friends were. Clark only surfaced when it was time to chop and he arrogated to himself the tag "father of the president".

To even imagine that this baba threatened fire and brimstone if GEJ failed at the polls. But I don't blame him....GEJ was there for the taking.

Somebody that could make FFK his spokesman after all he regaled Nigerians with about GEJ deserves to be deceived I guess.

GEJ was too naive and 'nice' for his own good. He's not a politician, even Alamieseigha described him as unambitious. He was an accident on our political scene.

I wish him the best in his retirement.

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by lastpage: 1:35pm On Oct 16, 2015
StOla:
What a lesson.

Abati is yet to tell us about his own impression concerning the GEJ administration he served in.

In the fullness of time, even Diezani will confess in court that a clueless boss is the best for a thieving employee.

Imagine that "America will know" episode regarding the missing $20B. Diezani and Okonjo-Iweala must have laughed themselves to delirium, wondering how unfortunate Nigeria is to be saddled with a gullible dunce. A kindergarten president indeed.

As for Clark, Jonathan was not lacking in the political will to fight corruption. He was busy at his Aso villa laboratory, inventing the long anticipated technology to fight global corruption.

Clown!

YOU nailed it!

Reuben Abatti: The timing is also auspicious: just when the public is beginning to worry about the direction of the Buhari government, E. K. Clark shows up to lend a hand of support and endorsement. Only one phrase was missing in his statement, and it should have been added: “my son, Buhari.” It probably won’t be too long before we hear the old man saying “I am a statesman, Buhari is my son.”

Abatti is not better than the Pa Edwin Clark he is trying to ridicule!

We all know what a fine journalist/Editor Abatti was, in his days at Gurdian Newspaper but one he got that job to "defend perfidy", he lost all sense of reasoning!

So, if Abatti is trying to tell us his has regained his senses, why then should we or do we not expect Pa Edwin Clarke to regain his?
What is good for Abatti is also good for the "fine" old clown.

In my own Dictionary, the word HYPOCRITE describes both Abatti and Pa Clark.
Nuff said.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by Vikto: 1:35pm On Oct 16, 2015
Pa Edwin Clark is a very upright at all times. A good father does not hide the wrongs of a child, otherwise he would bear the brunt of pampering in future. There is no comparison between GEJ and our President Buhari.
Please, Mr. Abati, call a spade a spade.
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 16, 2015
JAM ALERT!!! The most anticipated single from Delta's rising star - Adums a.k.a Mr.Classic. He Didn't disappoint, its titled "Ifeyinwa". This song got me all loved. Enjoy
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/d11c2ff0
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by StOla: 1:37pm On Oct 16, 2015
chuna1985:

The Senate has already cleared Alison madueke of any wrong doing.

We don't need the senate to clear anyone.

Her case is in the British court, when she's done there she will also report to the Nigerian courts.

If found blameless, I'll hold my peace.

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by lastpage: 1:38pm On Oct 16, 2015
Vikto:
Pa Edwin Clark is a very upright at all times. A good father does not hide the wrongs of a child, otherwise he would bear the brunt of pampering in future. There is no comparison between GEJ and our President Buhari.
Please, Mr. Abati, call a spade a spade.

While you are "partially right", a "Good Father" does not "chose moments" to chastise his child!
He does not wait until that child is "sacked from office" before asking him to explain his "ill-gotten wealth".

Dont remind me of that my Neighbour while l was growing up! grin grin grin

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by ayolucasf(m): 1:40pm On Oct 16, 2015
Uncle Abati, What is the difference between you and the elderly man you wrote about? Is it not just overnight because of position and attached benefits you change your almighty pen to defend every silly and nonsensical things. I beg make we hear word.

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by ExInferis(m): 1:43pm On Oct 16, 2015
Pavore9:
Anyone who claims to be fighting for the emancipation of his people and through that 'struggle' has accumulated wealth for himself is the worst enemy of his people!

Example: Alams

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by NigerianDiamond(m): 1:50pm On Oct 16, 2015
Abati's part of the loot is yet to finish. When it finishes, he would also disown him. They are all friends of 'Mr. President' not Goodluck Jonathan...#UnLoyalMen

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by morbeta(m): 1:56pm On Oct 16, 2015
Chanchit:
Clark is the real definition of "Agbaya" had it been GEJ won that election, he would still be spewing trash,now the guy don lose dem come jump ship.

Judas iscariot of ijawland is better

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 16, 2015
StOla:

We don't need the senate to clear anyone.

Her case is in the British court, when she's done there she will also report to the Nigerian courts.

If found blameless, I'll hold my peace.

Her case is in British court for 27,000 pounds, lol
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by Olufemiolaolu(m): 2:01pm On Oct 16, 2015
That is what i call an owo epo concept. In 9ice's voice owo epo laraye bani la, won bani lateje, oda fun e lose wa, won maa gbe gege. Jona was foolish & d greedy pigs merely took an advantage. grin
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by smuth(m): 2:02pm On Oct 16, 2015
angiography:
As much as I derided 'political jobberism', I can't but say E.K.Clark, who is well 80yrs, has come to the realization that Buhari is the best thing that could happen to our dear country after the carnage presided over by the last administration. Abati, tho as a paid writer, has definitely been deluded by ethnocentrism. The only reason he propounded as to why E.K Clark should support Jonathan was because of ETHNIC AND EMOTIONAL attachment.... Same thing that has turned our resource rich country to a redundant poor one.

Abati shld wonder...why did we vote in for Jonathan in 2011 ( well I did) and we turned our back against him in 2015??. Even Ondo, being governed by PDP, voted massively for the PMB. this is what we call democracy...and a government of the people.

Abati may be right, from his myopic point of view; but E.K. Clark is not wrong from the common and national interest point of view.

Well, Abati asked a good question....I agree. But anyone with a little political reasoning would know if Edwin Clark had made it public then, GEJ would ve been good as gone even then!....wether he told him in private is what we don't know... But even Obj that warned GEJ in private was never acknowledged and was attacked with derison when he made it public.

Lastly we should ask Abati...whao, he sooo hated Jonathan administration b4 being appointed as spokesman... How he suddenly changed to be a staunch supporter is enough to question his own integrity

[size=13pt]Abati's point is simple, clear and evident that power attracts friends, people in power should be mindful of hypocrits trying to befriend them. Shikena.

There's absolutely no need for arguement.
[/size]
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by ransomed: 2:05pm On Oct 16, 2015
Reuben Abati has forgotten that in politics, there is no permanent friend but, permanent INTEREST. Afterall everyone knows that PDP can be fully spelt out as " Papa Decieve Pikin" Abati Alapa! Wake up and return cornered booty.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boko Haram Kills Three Soldiers, Overrun Nigerian Army Base - UK Dailymail / FG Forcefully Exits 5,781 N-Power Beneficiaries From The System, Warn Others / Abdulaziz Dauda Sentenced To Death By Hanging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.