Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,709 members, 7,820,490 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan (41667 Views)

Between Femi Adesina And Reuben Abati, Who Is A Better Spokesman? / Keep Quiet! Ex-Militants Tell Edwin Clark / Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by BALLOSKI: 5:34pm On Oct 16, 2015
Goke7:
I wonder why abaiti is shocked and surprised, I once said on this forum how someone in my office from the Niger delta describe ijaw guys, he told me that an ijaw man will praise you to high heavens when you are in office or power but immediately you leave power or office, he quickly turns around to call you a foolish man. I thought he was saying rubbish until when ex militants started to deny Jonathan and when finally papa clark dropped his bombshell.

Am surprised that abati despite his close interactions with ijaw guys when he was in aso rock never knew this. But I must praise Abati for the way he continues to stand by his boss, that is the way it should be and I for one am still a secret admirer of Abati especially in his days in Patito's gang.
it's unfortunate that he did not put all he said on this platform into practical application when he got into government.
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by bodee(m): 5:39pm On Oct 16, 2015
sandraokosun:
thats a different case, the story here is what the man at the helm of affairs choose to do, politicians and people would always sing ur praise. Pmb knows that, he still isnt carried away as he knows the level he confides with these guys even elrufai. He is a wise man that has seen coup and knw the level u trust people as a head of state. But gej was a clown, choosed the wrong people as long as u praise him. Nollywood,can,nass ripped frm his stupidity. And to think that the clowns like clark,noi,dieani,akpabio where people he trusted and gave so much power and sidelined others while fighting men like ameachi who are lions that can be for u till death. I tell u their are many that would despise gej who got alot but just want to pretend
In other word, he displayed naivety, "gentlemanism" and particularism in governance.
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by bodee(m): 5:43pm On Oct 16, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
The North never criticise their own maybe because of their illoteracy, the illiteracy is really a blessing in Disguise.

SHame on you Edwin Clark
I can perceive one ethnic bigot '...criticize their own'
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by bodee(m): 5:53pm On Oct 16, 2015
superstar1:
This id10t called Abati should shut up.

We all celebrated him when GEJ appointed him, believing he is one of us, that will always ensure Mr. President sees things from the perspective of the masses.

The allure of Aso Rock and power beclouded his mind, when he was in power. He never said anything to the numerous corruption scandal that characterised GEJ's tenure. From Stealer Odua's odeshi-proof car to police Pension scandal etc.

Suddenly, he has found his writing pen again.

Another name for Abati is sycophancy.
Yea, a good one there.
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by bodee(m): 5:57pm On Oct 16, 2015
philips70:

These people make me laugh. Late Alams was found with Bayelsa's £1,000,000 cash in London and they still say he is the governor general of the Ijaw nation. The same people cry of underdevelopment.
it just worth quoting this.
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by BALLOSKI: 6:01pm On Oct 16, 2015

However, the greatest defender of our work in office is not our ethnic “fathers and “brothers” but rather our legacy. - Reuben Abati
it's unfortunate abati didn't tell Jonathan all this.
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by BALLOSKI: 6:02pm On Oct 16, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
The North never criticise their own maybe because of their illoteracy, the illiteracy is really a blessing in Disguise.

SHame on you Edwin Clark
see English abeg.
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by bodee(m): 6:02pm On Oct 16, 2015
hilsocial:
I dont usually comment on topics like this but i have to in this case. Whether you support the new or old adminstration, there is alot to learn from this write up. Don't allow ur friends/relatives stop you from setting a legacy when u ve the opportunity cos when the weather changes some of them will disown you and only ur legacy can save ur reputation. I believe the new administration will learn alot from the mistakes of the previous. No administration is perfect all we need is a better 9ja wia political parties ve different ideologies that will bring abt healthy competition and efficieny in governance. Hoping to see a more capital expenditure based budget next year.
I was actually expecting a vital lesson and I just saw one. Thank you Sir. Your legacy with stand for you.
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by bodee(m): 6:38pm On Oct 16, 2015
Abel202:
[b]Chief Edwin Clark's public denial of Jonathan barely 5 Months after he lost power is the worst form of betrayal. Abati is right. If Edwin Clark knew Jonathan was weak, which we all knew, he shouldn't have been so combative then in defending him and he shouldn't have been so open now in denying him.
Truth is that Jonathan was a mistake of a Leader. Jonathan lacked almost every quality which could define a leader and the worst was that He never grew into a Leader even after spending 16 years at the top echelons of Nigerian politics (Deputy Governor, Governor, Vice president, & ultimately President).
Jonathan has a good heart but he is weak, damned too weak to lead a nation like Nigeria.
But In spite of his obvious shortcomings, he did his best. Its doubtful if his best was quite good to Nigerians. But who amongst his predecessors lead Nigeria better That is the irony of this great nation. Though someone like Jonathan was never supposed to be near that sit of power, yet he didnt fare worse than those who had Leadership qualities but still chose to ran the nation aground.
Buhari has all the Leadership qualities needed to run a nation like Nigeria (although his age & his poor education are not good). But he can only succeed if he removes tribalism and nepotism from his blood which I doubt he can do. Buhari has assembled a great team as Ministers. If he can realy work with them and not (only) dictate to them, maybe we would fare better..[/b]
You did say who among his predecessors lead Nigeria better.
Well, I don't believe in negative comparison as in comparing one devil to another or comparing an evil genius to a mediocre. The question is did he do what is expected of him. Let me give an instance. Stella Oduah was accused of corruption and there was an investigation set up by the house of rep. See, I followed the whole findings. It was crystal clear that this woman was not corrupt free as their lots of manipulations, anomalies, maladies and undue process in the purchase of the odeshi bullet proof BMW. Alas! a clear case of corruption. To be candid, I was just expecting the president to first of all relieve her of her post but the president kept mute. A number of civil organizations, NGOs, lawyers clamoured for her sack as this is a very clear case of corruption. Now, counting on the attitudinal disposition of the president, another group from South East also went ahead to protest against the removal of their own minister, this group was making certain threats and unnationalistic statements like the South East wont support him so we then have a president who was sitting on the fence.
Clark studied him really well to have assertively said that he is a weak president.
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by Morizo(m): 6:43pm On Oct 16, 2015
StOla:
What a lesson.

Abati is yet to tell us about his own impression concerning the GEJ administration he served in.

In the fullness of time, even Diezani will confess in court that a clueless boss is the best for a thieving employee.

Imagine that "America will know" episode regarding the missing $20B. Diezani and Okonjo-Iweala must have laughed themselves to delirium, wondering how unfortunate Nigeria is to be saddled with a gullible dunce. A kindergarten president indeed.

As for Clark, Jonathan was not lacking in the political will to fight corruption. He was busy at his Aso villa laboratory, inventing the long anticipated technology to fight global corruption.

Clown!
what should I call you? A fool? Or the son a fool...u are not worth an ounce of energy to spat on. I just checked ur profile
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by Morizo(m): 6:49pm On Oct 16, 2015
BALLOSKI:
see English abeg.
Professor Adikporoja, wet in do d English?
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by naijaking1: 6:51pm On Oct 16, 2015
bodee:
Well, I don't believe in negative comparison as in comparing one devil to another or comparing an evil genius to a mediocre. The question is did he do what is expected of him. Let me give an instance. Stella Oduah was accused of corruption and there was an investigation set up by the house of rep. See, I followed the whole findings. It was crystal clear that this woman not corrupt free as their lots of manipulations, anomalies, maladies and undue process in the purchase of the odeshi bullet proof BMW. Alas! a clear case of corruption. To be candid, I was just expecting the president to first of all relieve her of her post but the president kept mute. A number of civil organizations, NGOs, lawyers clamoured for her sack as this is a very clear case of corruption. Now, counting on the attitudinal disposition of the president, another group from South East also went ahead to protest against the removal of their own minister, this group was making certain threats and unnationalistic statements like the South East wont support him so we then have a president who was sitting on the fence.
Clark studied him really well to have assertively said that he is a weak president.

You are part of what ails this nation.
After all the revelation about Fashiola 78b naira fraud accusations, Amaechi 98 billion theft of his people money, billions " donated by Sanusi to his APC pals, your evil mind is still stuck at the 500 mi nara allegedly used by the minister to buy amoured luxury cars for certain VIPs at the nation's airports. Not for her personal use remember.
You can not get away with confusing issues.
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 16, 2015
StOla:
What a lesson.

Abati is yet to tell us about his own impression concerning the GEJ administration he served in.

In the fullness of time, even Diezani will confess in court that a clueless boss is the best for a thieving employee.

Imagine that "America will know" episode regarding the missing $20B. Diezani and Okonjo-Iweala must have laughed themselves to delirium, wondering how unfortunate Nigeria is to be saddled with a gullible dunce. A kindergarten president indeed.

As for Clark, Jonathan was not lacking in the political will to fight corruption. He was busy at his Aso villa laboratory, inventing the long anticipated technology to fight global corruption.

Clown!
abati is a shame to journalism. d biggest clown in the clueless and focusless govt of GEJ.What d idiot wanted to eat deprived him of wisdom. He should reverse all d black lies he told Nigerians when he was serving d clueless GEJ. I wonder, where we would be in dz nation if d drunk GEJ is still our leader ?
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by Morizo(m): 6:56pm On Oct 16, 2015
bodee:
Well, I don't believe in negative comparison as in comparing one devil to another or comparing an evil genius to a mediocre. The question is did he do what is expected of him. Let me give an instance. Stella Oduah was accused of corruption and there was an investigation set up by the house of rep. See, I followed the whole findings. It was crystal clear that this woman was not corrupt free as their lots of manipulations, anomalies, maladies and undue process in the purchase of the odeshi bullet proof BMW. Alas! a clear case of corruption. To be candid, I was just expecting the president to first of all relieve her of her post but the president kept mute. A number of civil organizations, NGOs, lawyers clamoured for her sack as this is a very clear case of corruption. Now, counting on the attitudinal disposition of the president, another group from South East also went ahead to protest against the removal of their own minister, this group was making certain threats and unnationalistic statements like the South East wont support him so we then have a president who was sitting on the fence.
You are also narrow minded bro. Nigeria has an everlasting problem so d guy u quoted was right. Why is it that all those hounding Stella from groups to media emanates from West or Fulani North? That's a problem. Now same people see nothing wrong with Fashola or El-Rufai's tenure as FCT minister! Its a skewed marriage that gave birth to Nigeria, we can't do anything about it now

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by migueal: 7:05pm On Oct 16, 2015
Those who stand for nothing, falls for anything
https://www.facebook.com/Dr.LegendFashionRepublic?notif_t=page_fan
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by Morizo(m): 7:06pm On Oct 16, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
Jonathan is a common criminal! Even Akpabio has also disowned him!
Av been observing ur truancy on nairaland as it relates to common sense and reasoning and av come to d conclusion that u need to seek help if this is ur true form. I mean being a female and IBO. Unless u are a con artist, that could be good. But if d former is d case, then I doubt if u may be able to be tamed or domesticated. (marry to a man).
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by hilsocial(m): 7:08pm On Oct 16, 2015
bodee:
I was actually expecting a vital lesson and I just saw one. Thank you Sir. Your legacy with stand for you.

U re welcome. Your last sentence defines my write up. When u hear Fashola, Donald Duke, Sullivan Chime, Akpabio sth comes in ur mind. That is what they did and left behind. Whether we like dem or not dia is sth people know dem for. Every govt must ve a clear direction of what they wanna do outstanding that people will keep remembering dem for while the odas may maintain status quo. Whether education, infrastructure, health, communication, agriculture let it be sth u dont need advert for people to hear of and most be a of priority to the masses and not just the elite . It is ur legacy and will always be ur selling point.
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by Kenobus: 7:46pm On Oct 16, 2015
StOla:
What a lesson.

Imagine that "America will know" episode regarding the missing $20B. Diezani and Okonjo-Iweala must have laughed themselves to delirium, wondering how unfortunate Nigeria is to be saddled with a gullible dunce. A kindergarten president indeed. EK Clark didn't say that GEJ lacked the political will to fight corruption but the will to fight corrupt politicians. Even Buhari doesn't have the will to fight the corruppt politicians; else OBJ, Atiku, Tinubu, Amaechin IBB, Abdulsalami etc would be in jail or are being probed.

Clown!
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by Kenobus: 7:49pm On Oct 16, 2015
EK Clark didn't say that GEJ lacked the political will to fight corruption but the will to fight corrupt politicians. Even Buhari doesn't have the will to fight the corruppt politicians; else OBJ, Atiku, Tinubu, Amaechin IBB, Abdulsalami etc would be in jail or are being probed.
Even Abati got it wrong. EK Clark was wrong yet he said the truth. Buhari needs the support of Nigerians to have the will to fight the corrupt politicians

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by omolami: 8:26pm On Oct 16, 2015
Buhari and the Northern elders told Clerk to disown GEJ in exchange for ambassadorial appointment. APC will soon appoint him one
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by BALLOSKI: 8:28pm On Oct 16, 2015
Morizo:

Professor Adikporoja, wet in do d English?
lol @ adikporoja grin
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by 2climbi: 9:46pm On Oct 16, 2015
Nailed
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by omonnakoda: 10:05pm On Oct 16, 2015
Goke7:
I wonder why abaiti is shocked and surprised, I once said on this forum how someone in my office from the Niger delta describe ijaw guys, he told me that an ijaw man will praise you to high heavens when you are in office or power but immediately you leave power or office, he quickly turns around to call you a foolish man. I thought he was saying rubbish until when ex militants started to deny Jonathan and when finally papa clark dropped his bombshell.

Am surprised that abati despite his close interactions with ijaw guys when he was in aso rock never knew this. But I must praise Abati for the way he continues to stand by his boss, that is the way it should be and I for one am still a secret admirer of Abati especially in his days in Patito's gang.
In this respect are Ijaws different from other Nigerians. ? Are they different fro HUMAN BEINGS anywhere else. DO not be a hypocrite. Were Ijaws the only ones praising GEJ
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by Bugos4real(m): 10:44pm On Oct 16, 2015
Edwin Clark' by that statement is working for his stomach infrastructure
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by Ayatullah(m): 11:14pm On Oct 16, 2015
ABATI: BURY YOUR HEAD IN SHAME!
Edwin Clark just proved himself to be a REAL man when he disowned Jonathan. History will be favourable to him for reflecting back and saying the truth about Jonathan.

Abati will however never have such honour of history favouring his memory because he is just 'omo onijekuje' who sold his brain for wads of soiled naira notes. What a shame!
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by MrEverest(m): 11:27am On Oct 17, 2015
Cheif E. Clark is nothing but a shame, a disgrace & an embarrassment to men of principle. To say the least, I was shocked when I read the statement credited to him. How can a supposed octogenarian who has nothing else to loose in this world other than reputation, name & posterity behave like a hussler who is only after his pocket?? I am even more surprised at how other prominent Ijaw men are falling over themselves in who will throw the largest mud on GEJ! If not for Igbos that are still backing GEJ, the Ijaws would have succeeded in fuulishly aiding there enemies in disgracing GEJ who ironically performed better than his predecessors. This is so sad!
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by ManOfCompetence(m): 2:29pm On Jul 25, 2021
StOla:
What a lesson.

Clown!
You must be proud of buhari's achievement now....... that's if hunger never kill you...

Ode&clown!!!

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by ezugegere(m): 3:24pm On Jul 25, 2021
bodee:

How far with your Buhari today? You must really be proud his achievements today!

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by Danzakidakura(m): 4:22pm On Jul 25, 2021
NgeneUkwenu:
Jonathan is a common criminal! Even Akpabio has also disowned him!
Buhari is a criminal and a Terrorist combine. How far from change to next level.
I hope fulani have not drive you to Benin republic ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Seyi Makinde Scraps School Fees, Donates Salary To Pensioners / The Ugly Situation APC Is Trying To Hide’ / APC Governors In Closed-Door Meeting At The Party's Secretariat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.