Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,045 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan (41653 Views)

Between Femi Adesina And Reuben Abati, Who Is A Better Spokesman? / Keep Quiet! Ex-Militants Tell Edwin Clark / Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by mikolo80: 2:05pm On Oct 16, 2015
sigiyaya:
Well, i was not surprise because all of you have no shame!!

I will not be surprise if one day Bola tinubu and Obasanjo denies Buhari too

PDP+APC= SAME PEOPLE there interest is just their loot!!
no their difference is how they share their loot
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by Uspek(m): 2:06pm On Oct 16, 2015
keeping politics aside, I think we all (including politicians) have a gr8t lesson to learn frm this "clark nd jona issue". I served in Bayelsa and saw first hand hw clark almost practically immortalized jona as a hero, nd was really shocked wen i saw his latest comments abt jona. Most times we think we have ppl around us, bt in reality most r there for what they can get.

3 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by angiography(m): 2:11pm On Oct 16, 2015
smuth:

[size=13pt]Abati's point is simple, clear and evident that power attracts friends, people in power should be mindful of hypocrits trying to befriend them. Shikena.

There's absolutely no need for arguement.
[/size]
U can post that without quoting me.

Then the first person we shld be wary of is this same Abati, who as an editor in Guardian, was a staunch hater of GEJ before he was appointed as his spokesman.

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by tete7000(m): 2:16pm On Oct 16, 2015
theV0ice:
cheesy

GEJ should have asked what role Edwin Clark played when he was kept as a plaything of Turai. The answer would have helped him know who his friends were. Clark only surfaced when it was time to chop and he arrogated to himself the tag "father of the president".

To even imagine that this baba threatened fire and brimstone if GEJ failed at the polls. But I don't blame him....GEJ was there for the taking.

Somebody that could make FFK his spokesman after all he regaled Nigerians with about GEJ deserves to be deceived I guess.

GEJ was too naive and 'nice' for his own good. He's not a politician, even Alamieseigha described him as unambitious. He was an accident on our political scene.

I wish him the best in his retirement.

While I agree with your assertion that GEJ is too gentle and naïve to be a politician, I kindly want to disagree that he is an accident. I see him rather as part of a grand providential design for us to see a peaceful transition from a ruling party to an opposition party. A precedence set that it will be difficult for anyone in future not to follow suit. It his only a personality like GEJ that can help us achieve this feat. He has done his part in the history of our nation, let us forgive his mistakes and move on. Afterall he is human.

2 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by naijaking1: 2:21pm On Oct 16, 2015
Clark is Ijaw, and sabatoge is what they do best!
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by symbianDON(m): 2:22pm On Oct 16, 2015
Pavore9:
Anyone who claims to be fighting for the emancipation of his people and through that 'struggle' has accumulated wealth for himself is the worst enemy of his people!
i wish "his" people will see it from the angle you are seeing it from but they won't!

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by xcals(m): 2:23pm On Oct 16, 2015
StOla:
What a lesson.

Abati is yet to tell us about his own impression concerning the GEJ administration he served in.

In the fullness of time, even Diezani will confess in court that a clueless boss is the best for a thieving employee.

Imagine that "America will know" episode regarding the missing $20B. Diezani and Okonjo-Iweala must have laughed themselves to delirium, wondering how unfortunate Nigeria is to be saddled with a gullible dunce. A kindergarten president indeed.

As for Clark, Jonathan was not lacking in the political will to fight corruption. He was busy at his Aso villa laboratory, inventing the long anticipated technology to fight global corruption.
Well said!!
Clown!
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by abduljabbar4(m): 2:27pm On Oct 16, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
did he steal your Dad pension or your Mum stipend from herr whoring campaign?

Be mindful of what you say here
Jonathan is a bastard. Did Amaechi still ur fathers condom?

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by chuksmad(m): 2:41pm On Oct 16, 2015
seunmsg:
Abati is not different from Edwin Clark. They are different sides of the same coin. Abati is guilty of all what he has accused the old man of.

Abati rose to popularity in Nigeria as a journalist and social crusader who always take side with the Nigerian people against any anti people policies of government. On getting to power, he did a 180 degrees turnaround and supported everything policies he once wrote against. He, FFK, E.K Clark etc belongs to the very worst of the Nigerian political ruling class who lacks principle, commitment and steadfastness to stand for causes they once subscribe to. They are only loyal to power and the benefits that come with it.
You get it wrong in this your assertion, for your information Abati was called by GED in his government, which as a patriotic citizen, he honored. Do you expect him to go against his boss, which is what you will do if you are in his shoes.
For the fact that he is still defending his former boss by this wonderful, insightful piece proves that he is an honorable man. I respect him for that.
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by MsZeezah: 2:41pm On Oct 16, 2015
modath:

Mizmycoli, the next time you want to speak out of turn & lump the whole yoruba tribe as "treacherous&deceitful" it will serve you well to remember the TRIBE of the only person standing for Jonathan out of the retinue of visible army of LOYAL "friends" & hangers on he had..

& leave that story of "notion" , "perception, "my" & " the" in the trash from whence it emerged, & having friends of yoruba stock, you have no good thoughts or opinion about the tribe.

Own it & be cool with it.

Peace out... smiley

cc Mynd44, midolian, seunmsg,mszeezah,omenka
You dey mind the idiot? I mean, the way she reasons is absurd. She uses all these big grammar to sound educated and non biased but behind al the facade is a hopeless tribalist and uneducated female.

I see to have a lot of respect for her until she typed the nonsense about Yorubas being deceitful and treacherous. I saw through her immediately. I only pity her so called Yoruba friend cos she is dining with the enemy. She's no different for the Southern Americans who will smile at you, but they hate you, your color and your guts. I no get her time this morning

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by aresa: 2:53pm On Oct 16, 2015
Blah blah blah blah... lol @ Apati Oponu Abobaku. grin

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 16, 2015
May wisdom never depart you!
angiography:
As much as I derided 'political jobberism', I can't but say E.K.Clark, who is well 80yrs, has come to the realization that Buhari is the best thing that could happen to our dear country after the carnage presided over by the last administration. Abati, tho as a paid writer, has definitely been deluded by ethnocentrism. The only reason he propounded as to why E.K Clark should support Jonathan was because of ETHNIC AND EMOTIONAL attachment.... Same thing that has turned our resource rich country to a redundant poor one.

Abati shld wonder...why did we vote in for Jonathan in 2011 ( well I did) and we turned our back against him in 2015??. Even Ondo, being governed by PDP, voted massively for the PMB. this is what we call democracy...and a government of the people.

Abati may be right, from his myopic point of view; but E.K. Clark is not wrong from the common and national interest point of view.

Well, Abati asked a good question....I agree. But anyone with a little political reasoning would know if Edwin Clark had made it public then, GEJ would ve been good as gone even then!....wether he told him in private is what we don't know... But even Obj that warned GEJ in private was never acknowledged and was attacked with derison when he made it public.

Lastly we should ask Abati...whao, he sooo hated Jonathan administration b4 being appointed as spokesman... How he suddenly changed to be a staunch supporter is enough to question his own integrity
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by omenka(m): 3:11pm On Oct 16, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
The North never criticise their own maybe because of their illoteracy, the illiteracy is really a blessing in Disguise.

SHame on you Edwin Clark
My love, how've you been?? Have missed your jabs so much- I can see you are still seething with anger as always. Fiery gurl of life! cheesy

Meanwhile, what is "illoteracy"?? Is that another word from your Advanced Dictionary of Insane People??

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by agabaI23(m): 3:29pm On Oct 16, 2015
Thank you Abati. I am with you on this
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by lumeneng22: 3:45pm On Oct 16, 2015
Good question mr Reuben but if ask us na who we go ask?
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by Lionofdjungle: 3:50pm On Oct 16, 2015
Although I'm not supporting Jonathan, this man is the Judas Iscariot of our time. Owo epo lomo araye n bani la... (people associate with you only when it is rosy)

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by HiDee2(m): 3:57pm On Oct 16, 2015
theV0ice:
cheesy

GEJ should have asked what role Edwin Clark played when he was kept as a plaything of Turai. The answer would have helped him know who his friends were. Clark only surfaced when it was time to chop and he arrogated to himself the tag "father of the president".

To even imagine that this baba threatened fire and brimstone if GEJ failed at the polls. But I don't blame him....GEJ was there for the taking.

Somebody that could make FFK his spokesman after all he regaled Nigerians with about GEJ deserves to be deceived I guess.

GEJ was too naive and 'nice' for his own good. He's not a politician, even Alamieseigha described him as unambitious. He was an accident on our political scene.

I wish him the best in his retirement.

You killed it bro. I couldn't agree more with you You are so on point with your observation above. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by mhbabanna: 3:59pm On Oct 16, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
The North never criticise their own maybe because of their illoteracy, the illiteracy is really a blessing in Disguise.

SHame on you Edwin Clark
I think you are super illiterate since you can't reason objectively without trying to rope other regions in every discourse.
Been educated does not just end with having papers as certificates rather it goes to justify how you reason. If you as an educated person as you claim to be cannot reason constructively and objectively then I wonder what a waste your tuition fee must have been.
For goodness sake what has north got to do with the subject matter
Olodo

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by bababuff(m): 4:02pm On Oct 16, 2015
Pavore9:
Anyone who claims to be fighting for the emancipation of his people and through that 'struggle' has accumulated wealth for himself is the worst enemy of his people!

Asari grin

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by Sappyman(m): 4:10pm On Oct 16, 2015
Uncle Jonathan was used and dumped. He was never a Politician.

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by TalkingBird: 4:14pm On Oct 16, 2015
(Jeremiah 17:9) . . .The heart is more treacherous than anything else and is desperate. Who can know it?
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by leksgcfr(m): 4:17pm On Oct 16, 2015
Goke7:
I wonder why abaiti is shocked and surprised, I once said on this forum how someone in my office from the Niger delta describe ijaw guys, he told me that an ijaw man will praise you to high heavens when you are in office or power but immediately you leave power or office, he quickly turns around to call you a foolish man. I thought he was saying rubbish until when ex militants started to deny Jonathan and when finally papa clark dropped his bombshell.

Am surprised that abati despite his close interactions with ijaw guys when he was in aso rock never knew this. But I must praise Abati for the way he continues to stand by his boss, that is the way it should be and I for one am still a secret admirer of Abati especially in his days in Patito's gang.

Never surprised as well. I had similar fate, but I am always reluctant to ascribe an attitude to a particular tribe, especially when in the negative.However, in the case of this set of people, it is almost close.
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by TalkingBird: 4:24pm On Oct 16, 2015
Abel202:
[b]Chief Edwin Clark's public denial of Jonathan barely 5 Months after he lost power is the worst form of betrayal. Abati is right. If Edwin Clark knew Jonathan was weak, which we all knew, he shouldn't have been so combative then in defending him and he shouldn't have been so open now in denying him.
Truth is that Jonathan was a mistake of a Leader. Jonathan lacked almost every quality which could define a leader and the worst was that He never grew into a Leader even after spending 16 years at the top echelons of Nigerian politics (Deputy Governor, Governor, Vice president, & ultimately President).
Jonathan has a good heart but he is weak, damned too weak to lead a nation like Nigeria.
But In spite of his obvious shortcomings, he did his best. Its doubtful if his best was quite good to Nigerians. But who amongst his predecessors lead Nigeria better That is the irony of this great nation. Though someone like Jonathan was never supposed to be near that sit of power, yet he didnt fare worse than those who had Leadership qualities but still chose to ran the nation aground.
Buhari has all the Leadership qualities needed to run a nation like Nigeria (although his age & his poor education are not good). But he can only succeed if he removes tribalism and nepotism from his blood which I doubt he can do. Buhari has assembled a great team as Ministers. If he can realy work with them and not (only) dictate to them, maybe we would fare better..[/b]

Correct analysis but consider why it turns out this way:

(Ecclesiastes 8:9) 9 All this I have seen, and there was an applying of my heart to every work that has been done under the sun, [during] the time that man has dominated man to his injury.

(1 Corinthians 7:29-31) . . .Moreover, this I say, brothers, the time left is reduced. Henceforth let those who have wives be as though they had none, 30 and also those who weep be as those who do not weep, and those who rejoice as those who do not rejoice, and those who buy as those not possessing, 31 and those making use of the world as those not using it to the full; for the scene of this world is changing.

(2 Timothy 3:12, 13) . . .. 13 But wicked men and impostors will advance from bad to worse, misleading and being misled.

(Jeremiah 10:23) 23  I well know, O Jehovah, that to earthling man his way does not belong. It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step.

Since the above is the obvious then:

the we await:

(Daniel 2:44) “And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite;

that is why we read:
(Matthew 6:9, 10) 9 “YOU must pray, then, this way: “‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified. 10 Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth.
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by Chivasex: 4:26pm On Oct 16, 2015
wake up from your slumber Mr Reuben and quickly smell the cheese because as you know they are now stale.
You did it to Ima Niboro and you are crying wolf cos someone has done it to you and your oga that was then at the top who is now at the very bottom of political pedestal.
Always knock it down not only in your head but down in your brain that there's no permanent friend or foe but permanent interest.

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by front247: 4:34pm On Oct 16, 2015
In politics, no permanent friends,no permanent enemies only permanent interest
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by TrebleChamp(m): 4:38pm On Oct 16, 2015
Even Patience will hang him to dry soon.

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by Dindondin(m): 4:45pm On Oct 16, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"I'm beginning to feel that Clark is a yellowbar man, he has the traits of a sophisticated man".
Na Yoruba woman he dey fuc k for his old age.
His small wife Bisola Sodipo Clark (BSC) is from Abeokuta.
She ran and lost at Fed House Of Rep elwction in April.

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by light004: 4:46pm On Oct 16, 2015
Abati remains a prolific writer and very scintillating write up all the time. A pleasure to read anytime.

Though shocking to Abati, i don't think it's new. Betrayal is part of parcel of our political life. Lesson learnt, can we stop pulling our own down? it makes even us and the accusser look foolish and dimish us as a people.
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by AnanseK(m): 4:47pm On Oct 16, 2015
Goke7:
I wonder why abaiti is shocked and surprised, I once said on this forum how someone in my office from the Niger delta describe ijaw guys, he told me that an ijaw man will praise you to high heavens when you are in office or power but immediately you leave power or office, he quickly turns around to call you a foolish man. I thought he was saying rubbish until when ex militants started to deny Jonathan and when finally papa clark dropped his bombshell.

Am surprised that abati despite his close interactions with ijaw guys when he was in aso rock never knew this. But I must praise Abati for the way he continues to stand by his boss, that is the way it should be and I for one am still a secret admirer of Abati especially in his days in Patito's gang.

How do you know that Abati is standing by his boss? You may know Ijaw people well, as you claim but you don't know anything about Yoruba people my boy.
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by bodee(m): 5:25pm On Oct 16, 2015
StOla:
What a lesson.

Abati is yet to tell us about his own impression concerning the GEJ administration he served in.

In the fullness of time, even Diezani will confess in court that a clueless boss is the best for a thieving employee.

Imagine that "America will know" episode regarding the missing $20B. Diezani and Okonjo-Iweala must have laughed themselves to delirium, wondering how unfortunate Nigeria is to be saddled with a gullible dunce. A kindergarten president indeed.

As for Clark, Jonathan was not lacking in the political will to fight corruption. He was busy at his Aso villa laboratory, inventing the long anticipated technology to fight global corruption.

Clown!
hmmn, we will use technology to fight corruption. Clowns in govt for a good 5/6 years
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by bodee(m): 5:30pm On Oct 16, 2015
sigiyaya:
Jonathan was was denied by Edwin clarke today

Tomorrow will be the turn of Amaechi or Oshomole to
denie Buhari.

The same people.....

baba, why you dey stammer? Please be optimistic and always pray and hope for the good.
Re: Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan by bodee(m): 5:33pm On Oct 16, 2015
AtomElect:
Moral of the lesson
"success has many relations" shocked
but failure is a bastard with no taker.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Many Injured, Cars Destroyed As APC, PDP Clash In Kaduna - Photos / Gombe Governor Inuwa Yahaya Loses Polling Unit To Atiku / FG Reacts To Saraki Exit From APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.