Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,115 members, 7,835,757 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

White Wedding Location Issues – What Would You Do? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / White Wedding Location Issues – What Would You Do? (4025 Views)

Traditional And White Wedding Of Old Aunty (Photos) / Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? / Neighbour Issues, What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: White Wedding Location Issues – What Would You Do? by MMotimo: 11:20pm On Oct 24, 2015
Esthersblog:
Really The bride's family sponsors everything undecided. That's a lot, i guess. I hope the yoruba grooms support their brides. ts also good to know to know the wedding is usually done in the bride's church.
What if she marries from another tribe?

I'm my experience, yes they do, I speak of what I know to be tradition.
Members of my family have married from other tribes and the ceremonies I highlighted are still done in the brides' parents church, same way we have followed male members of the family to different lands to marry their wives where the wives parents choose.
Re: White Wedding Location Issues – What Would You Do? by Esthersblog(f): 10:45am On Oct 25, 2015
Good to know then. Thanks...
MMotimo:

I'm my experience, yes they do, I speak of what I know to be tradition.
Members of my family have married from other tribes and the ceremonies I highlighted are still done in the brides' parents church, same way we have followed male members of the family to different lands to marry their wives where the wives parents choose.

Re: White Wedding Location Issues – What Would You Do? by Esthersblog(f): 10:46am On Oct 25, 2015
Yea. [quote author=virginboy1 post=39319384][/quote]
Re: White Wedding Location Issues – What Would You Do? by lawrencewalton9: 6:21pm On Dec 08, 2022
Besides the internet, you can also meet chinese women in different Chinese cities. These ladies are mainly Christians, but they are also interested in education and career. If you are interested in a lifelong partner, you need to learn a few things about Chinese culture.
Re: White Wedding Location Issues – What Would You Do? by NoToPile: 10:44am On Dec 09, 2022
Where I come from the brides family do all in their location, traditional, church wedding, every every.

Culturally all is supposed to be sponsored by the brides family as they belive they are hosting the grooms family and sending off their daughter. In recent times the grooms do chip in financially though.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help My Wife / I Am Being Ignored / He Stole Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.