Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,723 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

I Am Being Ignored - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Being Ignored (4000 Views)

Man Advises As His Brother Commits Suicide Days After He Ignored His Help / 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying / Mum Ignored Her Crying Daughter Who Had A Live Scorpion In Her Shoes. See Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Being Ignored by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 17, 2020
What does it mean when the person you are getting to know does not reply your WhatsApp messages even after 3 days and you can clearly see that this person is online or was recently online.

I got to know this person through a mutual friend. The mutual friend made it clear to him, that I'm someone he should take seriously and the mutual friend gave him my number and he contacted me.

So we have been talking from time to time. But he behaves wierd sometimes. Sometimes, especially during the weekends, he doesn't come online for the whole weekend and only sends a message on Monday morning. Even if I send a message on whatsapp during the weekend, i will not get a reply until monday morning. He has done this a couple of times.

Recently, I sent a message since Friday last week but he has not replied and this oga is online oo and he is looking at my WhatsApp status. The guy in question is in his mid 30s and I'm in my mid 20s.

I was thinking we can get to know each other, but as it is now, I don't have energy for stress.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Being Ignored by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 17, 2020
Hmmm you are the one dating him, he is not dating you! Na only you dey the relationship

27 Likes

Re: I Am Being Ignored by missyojo(f): 4:45pm On Aug 17, 2020
Poster, stop sending him any message again. It shows clearly that he isn't interested in you.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Being Ignored by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 17, 2020
99Craze:
Hmmm you are the one dating him, he is not dating you! Na only you dey the relationship
I'm not dating him oo neither is he dating me. We are in the phase of knowing each other because it is about a month ago our mutual friend shared my number with him.

1 Like

Re: I Am Being Ignored by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 17, 2020
stop dating yourself,stop it

4 Likes

Re: I Am Being Ignored by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 17, 2020
Zzor:
stop dating yourself,stop it
I'm not dating him
Re: I Am Being Ignored by Officialgarri: 4:50pm On Aug 17, 2020
Man like officialgarri cheesy

The way I see it, because you are in your mid 20s, the pressure to find a suitor is on you. You need a fiancee so quickly and you are most likely an introvert.

What you should do is this; restrain yourself from checking his "last seen"
Send his contact to "archive" on whatsapp
Don't ever message him first.
Don't even call him.
Don't even ask after him from your mutual friend.

Fulfilling the above will never guarantee that he will seek your attention once again, but it will help you to get over him so quickly and you will never give a damn about him.!

The above advice works for men too cheesy

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Being Ignored by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 17, 2020
AnonymousRebec:
What does it mean when the person you are getting to know does not reply your WhatsApp messages even after 3 days and you can clearly see that this person is online or was recently online.

I got to know this person through a mutual friend. The mutual friend made it clear to him, that I'm someone he should take seriously and the mutual friend gave him my number and he contacted me.

So we have been talking from time to time. But he behaves wierd sometimes. Sometimes, especially during the weekends, he doesn't come online for the whole weekend and only sends a message on Monday morning. Even if I send a message on whatsapp during the weekend, i will not get a reply until monday morning. He has done this a couple of times.

Recently, I sent a message since Friday last week but he has not replied and this oga is online oo and he is looking at my WhatsApp status. The guy in question is in his mid 30s and I'm in my mid 20s.

I was thinking we can get to know each other, but as it is now, I don't have energy for stress.

He isn't taking you serious. He wants to whip you in. I like the alpha male principle but I compromise when I know it might create unnecessary rancour. You guys are just starting, you are not even curving him. Simple solution is; just ignore him and live like you've completely erased him from your mind. Two can play the game, that is if you want to be a strong woman; a strong woman is a man.

7 Likes

Re: I Am Being Ignored by Daronyk(f): 5:03pm On Aug 17, 2020
AnonymousRebec:

Give him some space. Some people are of the kind of specie that appreciate your presence when you are scarce... I mean real scarcity

Like yourself more and engage in activities that won't make you unnecessary worried

Above all, check yourself if his attitude is as a result of a certain action from you..... las las, everything go dey alright

4 Likes

Re: I Am Being Ignored by Whyzaid(f): 5:05pm On Aug 17, 2020
Since you don't have energy for stress, I will advice you to get yourself busy and focus on something else atleast for now.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Being Ignored by chukwuibuipob: 5:12pm On Aug 17, 2020
sad Is that why u open thread dey disturb our peace undecided?.She ignored u,FREE her.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Being Ignored by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 17, 2020
Officialgarri:
Man like officialgarri cheesy

The way I see it, because you are in your mid 20s, the pressure to find a suitor is on you. You need a fiancee so quickly and you are most likely an introvert.

What you should do is this; restrain yourself from checking his "last seen"
Send his contact to "archive" on whatsapp
Don't ever message him first.
Don't even call him.
Don't even ask after him from your mutual friend.

Fulfilling the above will never guarantee that he will seek your attention once again, but it will help you to get over him so quickly and you will never give a damn about him.!

The above advice works for men too cheesy
Thanks. I didn't know I could move someone to archive on WhatsApp. I just did that.

1 Like

Re: I Am Being Ignored by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 17, 2020
Anyone who does that is def ignoring you and isn't interested in you, or already in a relationship with someone else. Don't waste any more of your energy on him. Block and delete him. Leave Nigeria if you can and find yourself a loving, handsome Caucasian man. Nigerian men aren't worth it

6 Likes

Re: I Am Being Ignored by TheeDetective: 5:24pm On Aug 17, 2020
Why is it that some people can’t just READ THE HANDWRITING ON THE WALL? undecided A man is not responding to your messages and you are still asking if you are being ignored? undecided If a man is really interested in you, when you send him a message, HE WILL GET BACK TO YOU PRONTO AKA QUICKLY AND NOT AFTER 3 DAYS. It is crystal clear that he is not interested in you or better still he is already with someone else and is just out to waste your time. Move forward NOW; and let him be before you get yourself all worked up unnecessary WITH THE SLOGAN; "HAD I KNOWN".

6 Likes

Re: I Am Being Ignored by faithfull18(f): 5:40pm On Aug 17, 2020
Lol cheesy, nothing to say biko.
Re: I Am Being Ignored by anthonyuncle(m): 5:57pm On Aug 17, 2020
leave him alone,
come let u and I get to know each other

1 Like

Re: I Am Being Ignored by Mekenz(m): 6:16pm On Aug 17, 2020
don't conclude yet, but give him some time he might have something that is bothering him for now,since you guys are not yet in a relationship. time is not yet ripe to take everything serious, or he might not want to be seen as been desperate, or he might as well weighing his options, because someone of his age should always be calculative in his movements as regards settling down. so whatever the case might be, just drop your massages and move on, whether he replies or not shouldn't bother you. engage yourself with other activities that gives you joy.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Being Ignored by mariahAngel(f): 6:26pm On Aug 17, 2020
AnonymousRebec:

Has he always been that way, or he changed all of a sudden?

Maybe he's a cancer grin they love to withdraw into their shell grin

1 Like

Re: I Am Being Ignored by mariahAngel(f): 6:37pm On Aug 17, 2020
AnonymousRebec:

I'm not dating him oo neither is he dating me. We are in the phase of knowing each other because it is about a month ago our mutual friend shared my number with him.

Was he interested in you?
Did he ask for your number?
How do you feel about him now?
Re: I Am Being Ignored by mutter(f): 7:02pm On Aug 17, 2020
The man is obviously married or in a serious relationship.
That is why he goes under over the weekend.
Please be proud and dignified enough to cut it off.
He doesn't want you.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Being Ignored by Hathor5(f): 7:13pm On Aug 17, 2020
This guy is not serious about you and like the poster before me said probably in a relationship or maybe even married. You are on his play list but not even at the top of it.

Do yourself a favor and delete his number.

Don't listen to guys who find excuses for him on this forum. They either want to stand out by offering a different perspective or they feel committed to the bro code.

11 Likes

Re: I Am Being Ignored by YourCoffin: 8:44pm On Aug 17, 2020
Is he an IT professional?
Re: I Am Being Ignored by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 17, 2020
mutter:
The man is obviously married or in a serious relationship.
That is why he goes under over the weekend.
Please be proud and dignified enough to cut it off.
He doesn't want you.
I was on my own when my friend said he wants to introduce me to someone. So he must have done his checks before the whole introduction.
Re: I Am Being Ignored by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 17, 2020
YourCoffin:
Is he an IT professional?
Please, how does this in anyway relate to the topic at hand.
Re: I Am Being Ignored by Unnerve: 10:00pm On Aug 17, 2020
AnonymousRebec:

I was on my own when my friend said he wants to introduce me to someone. So he must have done his checks before the whole introduction.
Everyone's been trying to respond to you as nicely as possible, but you seem to want some cold hard truth.

Allow me to oblige you.

He is simply not finding you attractive enough, you probably bore him, and he expects you to get the point on your own.
Even a married man looking to have a fling will still give you enough of his time, at least until he gets the püssy.

He probably feels you're not worth the stress required to have anything sexual or romantic with you.

18 Likes

Re: I Am Being Ignored by merieam16(f): 11:20pm On Aug 17, 2020
aunty, go nd find work. u er to idle

2 Likes

Re: I Am Being Ignored by mariahAngel(f): 11:56pm On Aug 17, 2020
AnonymousRebec:

You should still call him and ask him some questions you need answers to. Be straightforward.
For me, life is too short to pretend and play games, and I do not have the patience for emotional games and manipulations.

He or she who initiates the conversation most times, either through calls or chats gets the upper hand.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Being Ignored by Nobody: 1:00am On Aug 18, 2020
He is likely and mostly be a man of simple mind portraying alpha male traits just to control his exciting urge to date you. Although, faking what one is not is difficult to adapt, manage, & control. It can have you thought that he's stupid or arrogant, and can damage things.

Who asked for the link up, him or you? Of course, he did. That's a bright sign he's already into you physically.

But emotionally, pscologically, even financially, etc, he may be the type who is scared to invest in it to avoid unammendable things that tears and dashes the heart to pieces. I think such type, once they fall in, they go extremely deeper without control. Just like a first time swimmer, they like to be bossy mimically while taking much time and over calculate the risk before jumping into the water.

I advice don't be too anxious and desperate, also don't detach too quickly. Avoid using strange line to stalk him, stay on track. You're not loosing neither is he, las las everybody na police for himself.

SEND SIMPLE SMS.
Re: I Am Being Ignored by spiralwedge(m): 1:31am On Aug 18, 2020
You are not even dating and you are this entitled?

SMFH

It's something I can do, if from our few chats i see that you cannot hold an intelligent convo, have archaic mentality, or have low IQ. Or simply dont find you attractive.

If you are the type that feel entitled to my attention and to me replying me when you want, i will be like him.

He has the right to answer you at anytime. The guy seems intelligent to me and can decode you quick and from afar.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Being Ignored by Mindlog: 5:03am On Aug 18, 2020
AnonymousRebec:

I'm not dating him

Then stop wanting to know him as he is not interested in that, redirect your energy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are Women Weaker Vessels Indeed? / Help! I'm Living Wit Ma Siblings In Ma Matrimonial Home. / Tpia Is A Godfearing Person, I Dont Find Cheating Attractive. Caveat Emptor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.