Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,868 members, 7,866,341 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 03:28 PM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (325651 Views)

U.S. Immigration Crackdown, ICE Arrest Over 140 Workers At A Beef Plant(Pics) / See Reason Why A US Consular Refused To Grant Visa / Ask A Pilot... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (96) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 9:15am On Feb 10, 2016
Talk2MegaBoss:

Good day sir,
I am glad to come across this your thread. My fiancee and I are planning our wedding for this year and we intend to apply for a visit visa to go do some shopping in the USA before the wedding.
We already have a daughter but she won't be coming with us being that she is in primary school and would be with my fiancee's mum during the period of our travel if granted a visa.

Please my question is how do I go about the application and since we don't have anyone there, will a hotel reservation for the period of our stay be OK? Secondly will our wedding invitation card be a good proof to show at the interview that we intend to return to Nigeria?
Lastly please what other form of documents must we have to show at the interview when invited?

I will really be honored to hear from you sir and put me through on the best way to go about this application and be successfully granted a visit visa.

Unless one of you is a U.S. citizen and you are applying for a K-1 visa, this isn't the place to ask. I suggest you read through this thread and the non-immigrant thread.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 9:17am On Feb 10, 2016
Summer15:
Hello VO

Passport dropped off after 2 and half weeks of AP and it's been confirmed received.

I got an email saying we should wait 15 days for pick up. We have been waiting for AP and CEAC usually says if approved, it will be ready within two days.

Does it mean we would have to wait the whole 15days? I have been waiting VO.
My birthday is coming up and want to be with my wife.

Thanks

You have already received your instructions. You can go by the DHL at any time but if you were told to wait 15 days then that might be the best way to not waste your time.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Summer15: 9:30am On Feb 10, 2016
LagosNIV:

You have already received your instructions. You can go by the DHL at any time but if you were told to wait 15 days then that might be the best way to not waste your time.

But CEAC still shows Administrative processing.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Summer15: 1:12pm On Feb 10, 2016
LagosNIV:

Does it mean the visa hasn't been issued since it showing administrative processing. Or its issued and sometimes shows that.

I am kind of confused.
Thanks for explaining to me
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 1:54pm On Feb 10, 2016
Summer15:

Does it mean the visa hasn't been issued since it showing administrative processing. Or its issued and sometimes shows that.

I am kind of confused.
Thanks for explaining to me

I can't reference your specific case. If you were told to go there in 15 days, comply with that. It is very clear to me.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Ayanomad: 4:35am On Feb 11, 2016
Good day, I have a very complicated case,I had a green card (A4---) and social security number, 070-----, my green card was destroyed due to mailing address changed and the renewed one sent to the old mailing address. And as at the. I was back in Nigeria. No way to go back. My petitioner (my dad) complained and tried applying for a transit visa that i may come for biometrics to get a new green card but at the embassy i was denied and advised to file a new petition that was in year 2002, my father left everything on hold decided to file for me after my university degree which he did in year 2009, its been ages now and i have not been able to reunite with my family. Of recent I just got my welcome letter from NVC. Hopefully my case will be complete soon. Upon my research I discovered that even though my case is complete I still can't travel until my PD becomes current. Will that apply to me as well even as I had a green card and social security number before? My PD is July 22, 2009

Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:04am On Feb 11, 2016
Ayanomad:
Good day, I have a very complicated case,I had a green card (A4---) and social security number, 070-----, my green card was destroyed due to mailing address changed and the renewed one sent to the old mailing address. And as at the. I was back in Nigeria. No way to go back. My petitioner (my dad) complained and tried applying for a transit visa that i may come for biometrics to get a new green card but at the embassy i was denied and advised to file a new petition that was in year 2002, my father left everything on hold decided to file for me after my university degree which he did in year 2009, its been ages now and i have not been able to reunite with my family. Of recent I just got my welcome letter from NVC. Hopefully my case will be complete soon. Upon my research I discovered that even though my case is complete I still can't travel until my PD becomes current. Will that apply to me as well even as I had a green card and social security number before? My PD is July 22, 2009

Thanks

Yes, unfortunately for those who have lost status as legal permanent residents the process starts over in its entirety. When you do have a green card, you can't stay out of the country for more than a year also.

If something like that happens in the future, you can always apply for a boarding foil to get back to the US, but as a legal permanent resident you would not qualify for the B1/B2 visa.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by waleria18: 1:46pm On Feb 11, 2016
Good afternoon sir, I will be going for interview with my two kids and my wife in Lagos here tomorrow. We are going to visit the Disney world to mark our wedding anniversary. But my wife is 6 months pregnant. I want to ask sir, will the pregnancy affect us negatively?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by IamHischild: 3:06pm On Feb 11, 2016
Hello Sir, just wondering after CEAC STATUS changes to Issued how many days time can I go to pick up my passport. Many thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 3:41pm On Feb 11, 2016
waleria18:
Good afternoon sir, I will be going for interview with my two kids and my wife in Lagos here tomorrow. We are going to visit the Disney world to mark our wedding anniversary. But my wife is 6 months pregnant. I want to ask sir, will the pregnancy affect us negatively?

We only do immigrant visas tomorrow, which is good because this is the immigrant visa forum, but if you are just going for vacation that falls under a B1/B2 tourist visa, in which case you've asked your question in the wrong place.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by zed7: 3:59pm On Feb 11, 2016
My mum got a green card last year and was in the US for two months before returning home. She has a lot of commitments here and may find it hard going every year. Please what are the necessary number of days in a year one must be in the US to maintain legal status?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Ayanomad: 2:08am On Feb 12, 2016
Thank you . I have tried b1/b2 I was denied a couple of times. My F1 case will be complete soon as I have paid all the necessary fees and sent my my civil documents and AOS but the thought of waiting for my PD to be current is tiring since 2009. Please is there a way to expedite my PD to be current? The current PD is August 2008
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by OmoBendel24: 11:41am On Feb 12, 2016
Get not worked up please! Sorry I haven't spent time reading through this thread, just needed to quickly ask on behalf of a relative. Petitioner/Sponsor/Dad is based in and resides at New York. IV recipient, wife and kids (recipients too) will be welcomed by His US entire family (petitioner/Sponsor/Dad inclusive) in TX (rallying point, and they are having a welcome party), then journey back to NY. Will there be issues at IAH POE on this or they should enter from NY? Also, are there issues with purchasing return tickets (likely to be used by between Dec and Feb 2017) for IV holders as they show up at the POE or it has to be a one way ticket? Are there BTA issues too? Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 12:47pm On Feb 12, 2016
zed7:
My mum got a green card last year and was in the US for two months before returning home. She has a lot of commitments here and may find it hard going every year. Please what are the necessary number of days in a year one must be in the US to maintain legal status?

The majority of your time is supposed to be spent in the US if you are a legal permanent resident. So 6 months plus 1 day.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 12:48pm On Feb 12, 2016
Ayanomad:
Thank you . I have tried b1/b2 I was denied a couple of times. My F1 case will be complete soon as I have paid all the necessary fees and sent my my civil documents and AOS but the thought of waiting for my PD to be current is tiring since 2009. Please is there a way to expedite my PD to be current? The current PD is August 2008

No, priority dates are a measure that is used worldwide - yours won't change, you just have to wait until it becomes current.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 12:49pm On Feb 12, 2016
OmoBendel24:
Get not worked up please! Sorry I haven't spent time reading through this thread, just needed to quickly ask on behalf of a relative. Petitioner/Sponsor/Dad is based in and resides at New York. IV recipient, wife and kids (recipients too) will be welcomed by His US entire family (petitioner/Sponsor/Dad inclusive) in TX (rallying point, and they are having a welcome party), then journey back to NY. Will there be issues at IAH POE on this or they should enter from NY? Also, are there issues with purchasing return tickets (likely to be used by between Dec and Feb 2017) for IV holders as they show up at the POE or it has to be a one way ticket? Are there BTA issues too? Thanks

I recommend you take time reading through the posts.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by OmoBendel24: 1:15pm On Feb 12, 2016
LagosNIV:

I recommend you take time reading through the posts.
Alright. Will just forward them the link then
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by zed7: 1:24pm On Feb 12, 2016
LagosNIV:

The majority of your time is supposed to be spent in the US if you are a legal permanent resident. So 6 months plus 1 day.

I'm afraid that will be impossible for now as her husband, my dad is fully based in Nigeria. Is she at risk of losing it? If so, too bad.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by todoindallas: 2:05pm On Feb 12, 2016
Good morning visa officer,i filled for my son and his interview is march ending,i would like to have a DNA test before his interview but i dont know how to go about it,i am doing DNA because i know lagos is a high fraud place and i want him to get his visa that same day,pls how do i go about it before his interview?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by vanagon: 2:08pm On Feb 12, 2016
Good day
VO
Please am asking the following questions on behalf of my friends.
Her senior sister's who resides in USA do filled for her and a date for interview has been communicated.
Sir
Apart from her international passport what other documents she needs to take along to facilitate her being granted visa
Patiently waiting to hear from you
Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Lakeema(m): 9:42pm On Feb 13, 2016
Thanks, for the support, God will support you. Pls I have a date at the embassy next week for interview. Pls I need advice on what to look out for and what and what should I need to take to the embassy. my sister file for me at us. Am new or I didn't know anything about the process. advice. Thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by getgoing6666: 8:48am On Feb 14, 2016
Hi! there,

Quick question....I forgot to put my Brothers name in I - 130 form ( oversight ) and came to know about it while i was just browsing thru a printed copy. Now should i call the Visa Office / Authority and let them know or is there any other way to get the name entered ?

Thx.

Hr

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (96)

Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Need Help With Direction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.