Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,881 members, 7,841,302 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (324706 Views)

U.S. Immigration Crackdown, ICE Arrest Over 140 Workers At A Beef Plant(Pics) / See Reason Why A US Consular Refused To Grant Visa / Ask A Pilot... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (96) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by opomulero(m): 1:17pm On Feb 24, 2016
Dear VO,
My wife and I went for US visa interview last year B1/B2, we were asked of our marriage date and some other questions which we answered ok and the interviewer said OK without checking our documents.

But lastly, he asked me if i had for once entered for US VISA LOTTERY before which i answered YES. He asked when i answered DV 2012.

And the VO REJECTED OUR VISA without any explanation.

(NOTE:
I entered DV 2012, I was a Lucky winner, but later they said there is a COMPUTER GLITCH which VOIDED the DV 2012 result that time
and when the re-selection was done i wasnt among the lucky ones)
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

Please what can be the problem is it that I was wrong to enter DV 2012.

Kindly reply
worried somebody.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 24, 2016
opomulero:
Dear VO,
My wife and I went for US visa interview last year B1/B2, we were asked of our marriage date and some other questions which we answered ok and the interviewer said OK without checking our documents.

But lastly, he asked me if i had for once entered for US VISA LOTTERY before which i answered YES. He asked when i answered DV 2012.

And the VO REJECTED OUR VISA without any explanation.

(NOTE:
I entered DV 2012, I was a Lucky winner, but later they said there is a COMPUTER GLITCH which VOIDED the DV 2012 result that time
and when the re-selection was done i wasnt among the lucky ones)
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

Please what can be the problem is it that I was wrong to enter DV 2012.

Kindly reply
worried somebody.

This is not an immigrant visa question.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Ellanaire(f): 2:58pm On Feb 24, 2016
Okay. I'll send an email right now. Thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by slightlyMad(f): 7:22pm On Feb 24, 2016
justwise:

grin grin ;Dsorry but I have to laugh

yea, body no be wood nw
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Titilayodeji13(m): 6:12am On Feb 25, 2016
Good NIV, my dad who is a usa citizen petition for my sis years ago but she is now married back in Nigeria , hope it wont affect her petition.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:17am On Feb 25, 2016
Titilayodeji13:
Good NIV, my dad who is a usa citizen petition for my sis years ago but she is now married back in Nigeria , hope it wont affect her petition.

Thanks in anticipation.

There are a lot of factors in this case. Most of which you haven't provided information on.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Titilayodeji13(m): 12:11pm On Feb 25, 2016
LagosNIV:

There are a lot of factors in this case. Most of which you haven't provided information on.

Factors like ?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 12:18pm On Feb 25, 2016
Titilayodeji13:

Factors like ?

Visa class, for starters.
Ineligibilities.
Other petitions.

Like I said, there are many factors and just knowing that your dad filed for your sister doesn't tell me anything.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Titilayodeji13(m): 12:40pm On Feb 25, 2016
it was filled as F1 cos she was ju Sa t above 21 then but now she is married , hope the petition will nit be affected
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by BestWifey: 2:22pm On Feb 25, 2016
dear VO.

thanks for all your efforts

please i need an advice

i was denied a K1 visa which was filed with only our nigerian traditional marriage pictures and other regular pictures.
i was told to file for spousal visa instead
filing for spousal visa, is it ok to now include the church wedding pictures and certificate? as they were not used for the K1.
Kindly advice me on how to go about it

thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 2:23pm On Feb 25, 2016
Titilayodeji13:
it was filled as F1 cos she was ju Sa t above 21 then but now she is married , hope the petition will nit be affected

F1 immigrant visas are for unmarried children, so yes, this does affect her. You should write to NVC to get her class adjusted to an F3 which is the married child. This will allow her to bring both her husband and any children when she is scheduled for an interview.

If she fails to adjust her visa class and the Consulate investigates her situation because they suspect she is married, she will end up with her visa being sent for revocation and a lifetime ban.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Titilayodeji13(m): 9:45pm On Feb 25, 2016
LagosNIV:

F1 immigrant visas are for unmarried children, so yes, this does affect her. You should write to NVC to get her class adjusted to an F3 which is the married child. This will allow her to bring both her husband and any children when she is scheduled for an interview.

If she fails to adjust her visa class and the Consulate investigates her situation because they suspect she is married, she will end up with her visa being sent for revocation and a lifetime ban.

I appreciate your swift answer
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:14am On Feb 26, 2016
isi4luv:
Hello VO:

i am very pleased to write you. I was denied F1 visa twice last year. I I plan on going for my masters. Though my I-20 was showing bachelors degee. In my first interview, the VO asked me why my I-20 was showing bachelor's instead of masters. I told him because the school requires me to take some prerequiste courses. He denied me my visa under 214(B). And said he wants me to get into the masters program like other students

My second interview, another VO. I went with the same I-20.I told the VO because am going to take some prerequisites. He called two other VO's and they discussed..i couldn't hear what they were talking about. After a while, The interview continued. I told him I ave scholarship. He said the scholarship wasnt written on the I-20. I told him its written on my admission letter nd I offered to show it to him. He refused to look at it and denied me under Section 214(B) He told me he doesn't understand my application. That first, the bachelor's instead of maaters and also the scholarship isn't showing on my I-20.

I have made necessary corrections. Right now, I have two admissions from two different schools but a different course of study from my first I-20 because I applied to a different masters program this time. And my I-20 is showing masters. Though I wasn't given scholarship this time. I plan on going for my interview the third time. I would like to know if I may have problems again since I changed my course of study and also since I wasn't given scholarship this time from this two schools. Thank you

Again, please take the time to do a little bit of reading. This is not an immigrant visa question.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by BestWifey: 7:36am On Feb 26, 2016
BestWifey:
dear VO.

thanks for all your efforts

please i need an advice

i was denied a K1 visa which was filed with only our nigerian traditional marriage pictures and other regular pictures.
i was told to file for spousal visa instead
filing for spousal visa, is it ok to now include the church wedding pictures and certificate? as they were not used for the K1.
Kindly advice me on how to go about it

thanks.
please I still await your response
thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:58am On Feb 26, 2016
BestWifey:

please I still await your response
thanks

Sure, you can include proof of your marriage as part of your marriage visa. I am not sure I understand the confusion...
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by imnuflawal: 6:18pm On Feb 26, 2016
Hello VO, am a beneficiary of F2A visa category wit PD Oct 21 2014, all necessary documents has bin submitted since Jan 12 2016, we have a derivative (our 10month old daughter) her IV Fee has been paid but still showed Not Paid even after the normal 2 weeks, though d money was withdrawn from my hubby's account, we were told by NVC to send our complain to an email which we did. Here are the questions sir: could this be the reason my case hasn't been completed nd is there anyway we can get a refund then pay the money at the interview post in other to avoid another 42days of review. Tnx alot sir
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by BestWifey: 11:18am On Feb 27, 2016
LagosNIV:

Sure, you can include proof of your marriage as part of your marriage visa. I am not sure I understand the confusion...

my confusion is that I did not mention my church wedding when I filed the K1 visa. bringing it up now to file for spousal is what I'm confused about. the church wedding was held even before the K1 filing. we were misled into filing the K1.
so now, i would please love to hear directly from you who is a qualified personnel / professional so as not to make any other mistake.

thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by sunandmoon: 5:14pm On Feb 27, 2016
Dear VO,

Please I have a Nigerian international passport and wish to first travel as a Tourist or Visitor, come back and then relocate.
This is my first time I would want to travel and I seek your advice to know which western country is easiest as a first timer.

I earn almost 4 million Naira a year working with a multinational.
I have a landed property (House at Lintel) and a piece of land.
I am single and 24 years.

Please advice. Thanks for your help.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by lindababy2u: 12:57am On Feb 28, 2016
Dear V.O ,please I am not here to ask for an update on my status rather to seek your opinion on this. I was interviewed on 28th of January and after the interview I was placed on admistrative processing. The consula told me to give him few weeks and also gave me a paper which says that if I am not contacted within 60 days that I should send them an email. Since that time I have being checking for update on ceac. It turned from administrative processing to issued. Its now 14 days and I have not recieved any mail or call from the embassy, is it ideal for me to email them asking them my case status since it is not up to 60 days ? Meanwhile I am CR1
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Vicobaba123: 9:01am On Feb 28, 2016
Good morning,

My interview for a CR1 visa is next week and I want to know what documents to go with.
Do I have to go with my wife tax papers ?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:20am On Feb 29, 2016
imnuflawal:
Hello VO, am a beneficiary of F2A visa category wit PD Oct 21 2014, all necessary documents has bin submitted since Jan 12 2016, we have a derivative (our 10month old daughter) her IV Fee has been paid but still showed Not Paid even after the normal 2 weeks, though d money was withdrawn from my hubby's account, we were told by NVC to send our complain to an email which we did. Here are the questions sir: could this be the reason my case hasn't been completed nd is there anyway we can get a refund then pay the money at the interview post in other to avoid another 42days of review. Tnx alot sir

Unfortunately this isn't something we can help you with - we can't do anything with a case until we physically receive it to schedule an interview. You will have to work with NVC to resolve this.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:21am On Feb 29, 2016
BestWifey:

my confusion is that I did not mention my church wedding when I filed the K1 visa. bringing it up now to file for spousal is what I'm confused about. the church wedding was held even before the K1 filing. we were misled into filing the K1.
so now, i would please love to hear directly from you who is a qualified personnel / professional so as not to make any other mistake.

thanks.

Again, I am not sure what the confusion is about. Tell the truth.

The church wedding was held before the K1 was filed. So then yes, you should provide those documents.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:26am On Feb 29, 2016
sunandmoon:
Dear VO,

Please I have a Nigerian international passport and wish to first travel as a Tourist or Visitor, come back and then relocate.
This is my first time I would want to travel and I seek your advice to know which western country is easiest as a first timer.

I earn almost 4 million Naira a year working with a multinational.
I have a landed property (House at Lintel) and a piece of land.
I am single and 24 years.

Please advice. Thanks for your help.

This is not an immigrant visa question.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:27am On Feb 29, 2016
lindababy2u:
Dear V.O ,please I am not here to ask for an update on my status rather to seek your opinion on this. I was interviewed on 28th of January and after the interview I was placed on admistrative processing. The consula told me to give him few weeks and also gave me a paper which says that if I am not contacted within 60 days that I should send them an email. Since that time I have being checking for update on ceac. It turned from administrative processing to issued. Its now 14 days and I have not recieved any mail or call from the embassy, is it ideal for me to email them asking them my case status since it is not up to 60 days ? Meanwhile I am CR1

If your case has been updated in the system then you should contact the Consulate by email.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:29am On Feb 29, 2016
Vicobaba123:
Good morning,

My interview for a CR1 visa is next week and I want to know what documents to go with.
Do I have to go with my wife tax papers ?

I recommend that you review this thread thoroughly as this same question has been asked many times - you may even learn some additional information that will be helpful to preparing for your interview.

You should also read the instructions that you were provided when an interview was scheduled and visit the US Embassy website.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (96)

Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / Need Help With Direction / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.