Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,220 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (324468 Views)

U.S. Immigration Crackdown, ICE Arrest Over 140 Workers At A Beef Plant(Pics) / See Reason Why A US Consular Refused To Grant Visa / Ask A Pilot... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (96) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by danowena: 6:18pm On May 16, 2016
Dear VO,

I know this may not be the best thread to post this, but I could find no thread dedicated to such a question. And as such, pardon the oversight if any.
I have a child that was born in the US, but a number of people are telling me that it is mandatory for the child to visit the U.S. at least once a year. I am not aware of such a requirement and need to confirm this report. Thanks in advance for your kind assistance.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by africraig: 5:23am On May 17, 2016
Hello VO,
My K1 petition has being with NVC for 35days now, and when i called them, I was told that its still under administrative processing,does it mean there's an issue somewhere?.

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 5:45am On May 17, 2016
gadafi147:
I have an appointment a week today and I just noticed I made an error while filling out the form. My month of birth is July and I mistakenly typed May and also for the section where they asked if i've travelled out of tthe country,i typed NO instead of YES cos i've visited some other countries. Pls is is possible I can fill out another form and if I can't,what do I do about it?

You can let the officer know during your interview. Alternatively, you could call the help desk listed on the application website to make the adjustments.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 5:46am On May 17, 2016
janice321:
Dear VO, what is the difference between K1 and K2 visa?
How can I convert my B1/B2 visa to the either above? I.e k1 or k2 because m planning to get married few month soon when I travel.

K2s are a very specific subset - if you don't know then you probably aren't in it. That being said, you cannot convert a B1/B2 non-immigrant visa to a K1 immigrant visa. It is an entirely separate process.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 5:48am On May 17, 2016
danowena:
Dear VO,

I know this may not be the best thread to post this, but I could find no thread dedicated to such a question. And as such, pardon the oversight if any.
I have a child that was born in the US, but a number of people are telling me that it is mandatory for the child to visit the U.S. at least once a year. I am not aware of such a requirement and need to confirm this report. Thanks in advance for your kind assistance.

There is no such requirement - the child is a U.S. citizen by birth and retains that unless he or she chooses to renounce their citizenship.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 5:48am On May 17, 2016
africraig:
Hello VO,
My K1 petition has being with NVC for 35days now, and when i called them, I was told that its still under administrative processing,does it mean there's an issue somewhere?.

Thanks.

It means it's under administrative processing. This is a topic that has been discussed at length - when there is additional information you will be notified.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Dapsin2901: 9:12am On May 17, 2016
Hello sir I will like to know my wife sister and his husband are us citizen I will like to know can they file for us to live and stay in Usa or we can only visit them?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 11:52am On May 17, 2016
Dapsin2901:
Hello sir I will like to know my wife sister and his husband are us citizen I will like to know can they file for us to live and stay in Usa or we can only visit them?

Yes. I recommend you review the information already provided in this thread and you will learn that siblings can petition.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Dapsin2901: 3:28pm On May 17, 2016
Thanks sir for your reply but right now I want them to send us a visitation letter so we can pay a visit will that be okay also because I don't have much for now
LagosNIV:

Yes. I recommend you review the information already provided in this thread and you will learn that siblings can petition.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by slightlyMad(f): 6:13pm On May 17, 2016
Dear VO,

kindly click on "edit profile" and add this as your signature

NB: if i did not post a reply to your question, be certain it has been asked and treated on this thread, please go through the thread and search for answers.

afterward, ignore such questions

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by jxlan: 7:45pm On May 17, 2016
Greetings CO,
am posting from East Africa, I know u may or may not have the info i wish to have but am sure u have dealt with my kind of situation. I was put on Ap early May, And the VO told me to wait because they have to Verify my O and A Level academic credentials. my simple question in cases to do with academic papers whats the timeline u can guess is given to such cases. if possible please dont give the usual answer coz i know u have dealt with such cases and u know how the system works.
thank u in advance
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by bigfatthing(m): 9:55pm On May 17, 2016
LagosNIV:

Hello sir, I'm a Nigerian graduate with a btech, I wanna migrate to the USA. What are the required steps towards achieving my aim. Thanks sir
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 5:47am On May 18, 2016
Dapsin2901:
Thanks sir for your reply but right now I want them to send us a visitation letter so we can pay a visit will that be okay also because I don't have much for now

This is more of a question for the non-immigrant forum. Anyways, sure, you could send a letter of invitation.
Keep in mind that A) letters of invitation are not required and do not matter for the purpose of obtaining a U.S. visa, and B) immigrant visa applications are a consideration in any visa interview.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 5:49am On May 18, 2016
jxlan:
Greetings CO,
am posting from East Africa, I know u may or may not have the info i wish to have but am sure u have dealt with my kind of situation. I was put on Ap early May, And the VO told me to wait because they have to Verify my O and A Level academic credentials. my simple question in cases to do with academic papers whats the timeline u can guess is given to such cases. if possible please dont give the usual answer coz i know u have dealt with such cases and u know how the system works.
thank u in advance

I don't know what the situation is like in your country - you need to contact the embassy that you are working with directly. Most things in the U.S. government (i.e. us processing your paperwork) take at least a few weeks, but we also have to deal with your government to verify those documents...
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 5:50am On May 18, 2016
bigfatthing:

Hello sir, I'm a Nigerian graduate with a btech, I wanna migrate to the USA. What are the required steps towards achieving my aim. Thanks sir

You can't just immigrate to the U.S. because you want to. You need a petitioner. I recommend you read through this thread for more information.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by bigfatthing(m): 1:50pm On May 18, 2016
LagosNIV:

You can't just immigrate to the U.S. because you want to. You need a petitioner. I recommend you read through this thread for more information.
Alright sir, thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by sallyann: 9:41pm On May 18, 2016
Dear vo,
Uscis just approved my case and that of my son last week. I just recently learnt cases can be expedited at the nvc stage especially when there's a situation. I'm wondering if we can get our cases expedited due to medically  emergency as my husband who is the petitioner is currently in hospital, psychiatric home to be precise due to rumors of me being married to someone else. Although he's better now as we speak several times everyday but he's anxious to meet with his wife and son. Can we be hopeful of getting an approval?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 5:59am On May 19, 2016
sallyann:
Dear vo,
Uscis just approved my case and that of my son last week. I just recently learnt cases can be expedited at the nvc stage especially when there's a situation. I'm wondering if we can get our cases expedited due to medically  emergency as my husband who is the petitioner is currently in hospital, psychiatric home to be precise due to rumors of me being married to someone else. Although he's better now as we speak several times everyday but he's anxious to meet with his wife and son. Can we be hopeful of getting an approval?

You can make the request - NVC will decide.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by christyox: 6:33am On May 19, 2016
Hello Every one/VO, How is it going? From the look of things this Thread is no more as interesting as before. I smell people pulling out cos they no more get those polite response like before. I am shocked from a distance and hoping for a positive response to this enquiry. Please does anyone know the priority date being interviewed for Category F4. I wud really be glad to get a response. Cheers

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 1:01pm On May 19, 2016
christyox:
Hello Every one/VO, How is it going? From the look of things this Thread is no more as interesting as before. I smell people pulling out cos they no more get those polite response like before. I am shocked from a distance and hoping for a positive response to this enquiry. Please does anyone know the priority date being interviewed for Category F4. I wud really be glad to get a response. Cheers

Politely asking people not to post their non-immigrant visa questions in the appropriate forum, or to read the response immediately before they posted which answers the exact same question, doesn't seem to work. I don't know why, but it seems like a lot of folks don't have enough respect for other Nairalanders or the VOs to not waste their time.

With regards to your question though... The priority gates get updated every month. We are currently interviewing a priority date of 22 July 2003 for F4 visas. You can check for the monthly updates here: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/law-and-policy/bulletin.html
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Anyiogwu: 4:22pm On May 19, 2016
Hello VO, I've asked this question before but you did not respond to it, please try your best to respond this time.

I'm a conditional permanent residence holder (CR) and I got the visa not more than 1 month ago.

My marriage is supposed to be 2 years by December 2016 so I can file to remove the conditional status but due to some personal reasons, me and my wife would want to leave the US to be back that december,

My question is, will absence from the US from June to November affect the removal of the Conditional status by december?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 5:49am On May 20, 2016
Anyiogwu:
Hello VO, I've asked this question before but you did not respond to it, please try your best to respond this time.

I'm a conditional permanent residence holder (CR) and I got the visa not more than 1 month ago.

My marriage is supposed to be 2 years by December 2016 so I can file to remove the conditional status but due to some personal reasons, me and my wife would want to leave the US to be back that december,

My question is, will absence from the US from June to November affect the removal of the Conditional status by december?

Once we have approved the visa, immigration status becomes the business of USCIS so they would best be able to answer your question. That being said, as long as you stay in the US for most of the time then you are meeting the conditions for Legal Permanent Resident status. You aren't restricted from visiting other countries.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Victor1310: 6:49am On May 20, 2016
Hello VO,
I am a veteran in the US Army, and i did petition for my wife to join me in the US. On the 19th of May 2016 she went for her visa interview with my 4 days old son and she was asked series of questions as regard my previous marriage in the US and she answered to he best of knowledge and she was also asked about her 3 previous f1 visa interview although she was denied a student visa and i guess it was in her record which i believed she acknowledged to them at the interview as well. But at the end of the interview she was placed on AP and she is so depressed right now which i believe it not good for my son and I am equally worried because i provided everything that was required of me during the processing time so i don't know why this is happening. i have a scheduled appointment for my son on the 9th of June for interview for his citizenship for his CRBA although i was suppose to be there but due to my combat training with my unit (Attached is the order) i could not so i proposed she attend the interview and i have all the necessary required document mailed to her to take to the interview but for the AP we got we both don't know our faith please i need your candid advice.
Her case no is LGSXXXXXX7013

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by christyox: 7:30am On May 20, 2016
Thank you visa officer for the response and link.
LagosNIV:

Politely asking people not to post their non-immigrant visa questions in the appropriate forum, or to read the response immediately before they posted which answers the exact same question, doesn't seem to work. I don't know why, but it seems like a lot of folks don't have enough respect for other Nairalanders or the VOs to not waste their time.

With regards to your question though... The priority gates get updated every month. We are currently interviewing a priority date of 22 July 2003 for F4 visas. You can check for the monthly updates here: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/law-and-policy/bulletin.html
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by bleek147(m): 11:38am On May 21, 2016
Good morning sir, please I want know if a US citizen come to nigeria, will he or she be able to go inside the us embassy lagos state to meet the consular without appointment booking.

I want find out this and pass the answer to my US citizen wife that is coming to nigeria soon.

Thank you sir.

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (96)

Need Help With Direction / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.