Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,234 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (323929 Views)

U.S. Immigration Crackdown, ICE Arrest Over 140 Workers At A Beef Plant(Pics) / See Reason Why A US Consular Refused To Grant Visa / Ask A Pilot... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (96) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 6:58am On Aug 08, 2016
bleek147:

so why do they approoved it at the first place, they knew we have not met. they approoved it for us to waste money right. this is too bad.

The requirements are clear an available to everyone - there is no block that you check affirming that you have met, so this is conducted at the interview. If you were already refused for the same reason though, I don't know why you would go through the application process again without completing this basic requirement. Ultimately, this is the law and we just have to follow it.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:02am On Aug 08, 2016
fneboy:
Yes, am so worried,. I have three questions to. Ask. Am a Nigeria man and I got married to a USA citizen. It's been 7months now since we got married. She file for form i130 on March and this August it has been approved. My questions is
1. Providing the financial statement.. Since she has 2 kids already... The statement is supposed to be for 4people.. Household (me, she and the kids). Or just two.... Which?
2.in the said account statement figure.... She earns over 28000usd per annum... Must the financial money requirement money must we have it all cash complete (25000usd). inside the account... She has no properties. Except a car
3.as soon as we get this document submitted.... How long does it takes to be processed and please I do hear rumors like after September interview date will be shifted to next year... Is that true?..

The affadivit of support needs to account for everyone in her household - in this case, 4.
Also, the amounts must be reflected in tax returns, not cash or assets. If the money your petitioner makes is insufficient then they must still provide their information but you also need to find a joint sponsor.
I honestly can't tell you when you will get an interview - we have a number of slots ready for people to come in for their interviews, but scheduling appointments is based on the availability of files that NVC has sent to us.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by mostwantedguy: 8:45am On Aug 08, 2016
mostwantedguy:
Hello VO

I applied for a B1/B2 visa to attend a paid conference in the US to present my research as I'm a research student here in Nigeria. Nevertheless, I was very honest in the questions the Consular Officer asked.
Eg. 1). Where are you going to? I replied Atlanta.
2). What for? I replied with the name of the conference.
3)What is the "Atomic number of Hydrogen"? I replied 2 out of anxiety because i never expected him to ask me that. Will standing in front on the counter I still know it was one(1) but I sensed no need in contradicting what I initially said as that may not be what he might be on the look out for.
4)How long will you be staying in the US? I replied by saying 4 days in total including arrival and departure dates, as the conference date is November 17th - 18th, 2016.
5) Have you traveled to any country before? I said NO. Because I don't see any reason lying since I a reason to travel out of the country is not there.

After punching the keys of his keyboard, he handed me a blue paper with a 214(B) refusal. Contacting the conference organizers, they told me I can reapply since I have till 3 months before the conference date.

Please what can you deduce from my case and what can I do from here? This conference would really give me an opportunity to enlarge my horizon and learn from international scholars from around the world. On the records, I studied Physics on undergraduate level and currently undergoing Applied Geophysics on Masters level.

Dear VO, please attend to my question.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by fneboy: 9:22am On Aug 08, 2016
[ok
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 08, 2016
mostwantedguy:

Dear VO, please attend to my question.

This is not an immigrant visa question. Please read through this thread.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 08, 2016
fneboy:

We have a joint account but it's as good as empty because it's below $1000 dolls...... And what do mean by we have slots ready... Do u mean interview can be any date and not after September it's next year..?

Joint account does not matter. If the tax returns do not reflect adequate income, we will need a joint sponsor. Please refer to the forms for additional details.

Again, we cannot schedule an appointment until we receive the file, so I have no way of knowing how soon that would be for you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by medeay(m): 12:24pm On Aug 08, 2016
Good day CO... My cr1 interview is on the 15th of september and my police certificate expires on the 16th september. Would it be accepted not minding that its expiring the next day?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 08, 2016
medeay:
Good day CO... My cr1 interview is on the 15th of september and my police certificate expires on the 16th september. Will they accept it not minding that its expiring the next day?

If an updated police certificate is required, you will be notified at the time of the interview. Because we don't know at this point if you will be required to supply any other documents you can just wait until your interview to prevent having to get multiple sets.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by wal02: 1:19am On Aug 09, 2016
Thanks VO for the good job you are doing here.my fiance called nvc today,gave him our case number said our case has been sent to Lagos embassy,i would like to know the next things to do so as to start preparing for my interview .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by christyox: 1:48am On Aug 09, 2016
Hi VO, follow the previous Bulletins, I have noticed that for each year the Bulletins sent stop in September and then October bulletin begins the next year. Can u plz clarify how it works? Does it mean that no more Bulletins would be sent until the next year? Thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:06am On Aug 09, 2016
wal02:
Thanks VO for the good job you are doing here.my fiance called nvc today,gave him our case number said our case has been sent to Lagos embassy,i would like to know the next things to do so as to start preparing for my interview .

Once we receive the case, we will send you a detailed e-mail outlining all of the next steps to scheduling and preparing for your interview. You may have to be patient though since it can take several weeks for the files to travel from NVC to here.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:08am On Aug 09, 2016
christyox:
Hi VO, follow the previous Bulletins, I have noticed that for each year the Bulletins sent stop in September and then October bulletin begins the next year. Can u plz clarify how it works? Does it mean that no more Bulletins would be sent until the next year? Thank you

The bulletins continue on a monthly basis - the reason for the change is because the U.S. federal government operates on the Fiscal Year (FY) system which runs from October to September. FY17, therefore, begins in October.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by wal02: 10:15am On Aug 09, 2016
Thanks CO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 09, 2016
Good morning VO.Please I have few questions to ask you.Have been passionate about migrating to the United States with an immigrant visa.I have relations over there and they are ready to file for me.My question now is;
(1)I have never travelled out of Nigeria but recently processed my travelling passport.Will it affect my chances of migrating to the United States?

(2)I am a graduate also for 4yrs with no job,will it also affect my chances?Please reply asap.Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 09, 2016
judithidoghogm:
Good morning VO.Please I have few questions to ask you.Have been passionate about migrating to the United States with an immigrant visa.I have relations over there and they are ready to file for me.My question now is;
(1)I have never travelled out of Nigeria but recently processed my travelling passport.Will it affect my chances of migrating to the United States?

(2)I am a graduate also for 4yrs with no job,will it also affect my chances?Please reply asap.Thanks

Neither of these things factor into immigrant visas. If you have a qualifying relationship and you are honest about everything and don't have prior misrepresentations, immigrant visas are almost a guarantee.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Pemisire4ever: 12:24pm On Aug 09, 2016
Hello V.O,
Please, I really need your help and is very urgent. I am intending immigrant at NVC stage and We have paid the AOS so right now I and My wife are seriously confused on how to fill Part 4. INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR HOUSEHOLD SIZE on the AOS form. My wife is the petitioner. My wife gave birth this year after we had submitted our i130 in 2015 to ucis and the child live with my wife in the states. My question is on the attached pix below at number 1c. do we need to add him up under YOUR DEPENDENT CHILDREN UNDER 21 YEARS OF AGE?? AND what will be the total number of our HOUSEHOLD SIZE? I will look forward to hear from you and anyone with same story-line that has passed through NVC should kindly advise.

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 09, 2016
My aunt in person has already told me to go ahead and start the application.I just pray they grant it
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 09, 2016
Pemisire4ever:
Hello V.O,
Please, I really need your help and is very urgent. I am intending immigrant at NVC stage and We have paid the AOS so right now I and My wife are seriously confused on how to fill Part 4. INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR HOUSEHOLD SIZE on the AOS form. My wife is the petitioner. My wife gave birth this year after we had submitted our i130 in 2015 to ucis and the child live with my wife in the states. My question is on the attached pix below at number 1c. do we need to add him up under YOUR INDEPENDENT CHILDREN UNDER 21 YEARS OF AGE?? AND what will be the total number of our HOUSEHOLD SIZE? I will look forward to hear from you and anyone with same story-line that has passed through NVC should kindly advise.

So your wife is 1, your kid is 1, you are 1, that makes 3...
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Pemisire4ever: 1:02pm On Aug 09, 2016
Thanks so much.....i want to be sure if we have to add our son under YOUR DEPENDENT CHILDREN UNDER 21 YEARS OF AGE??
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 09, 2016
Pemisire4ever:
Thanks so much.....i want to be sure if we have to add our son under YOUR INDEPENDENT CHILDREN UNDER 21 YEARS OF AGE??

Yes, they are your dependent child (not independent)
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 09, 2016
My Dear VO googpd afternoon.Please Sir,since my aunt has already told me to apply for a visa(intention to migrate under family),what type of visa should I apply for and what are the requirements and duration of processing it if I start by October this year?Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by medeay(m): 3:21pm On Aug 09, 2016
Hello VO, i want to know if the birth certificate i obtained 1985 (Short birth certificate from local Government) is acceptable by the embassy or i need to obtain Attestation of birth from NPC. My Interview comes up 15th of September and i need to know this as soon as possible.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by justwise(m): 3:42pm On Aug 09, 2016
judithidoghogm:
Mr VO are you there?

Please post your question once and allow the VO to attend to it when he is free, there is no need spamming this thread with the same question.

Thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:00am On Aug 10, 2016
judithidoghogm:
My Dear VO googpd afternoon.Please Sir,since my aunt has already told me to apply for a visa(intention to migrate under family),what type of visa should I apply for and what are the requirements and duration of processing it if I start by October this year?Thanks

Unfortunately, an aunt does not qualify for any of the immigrant visa classes.

You can review what the requirements are for every class at: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (96)

Need Help With Direction / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.