Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,583 members, 7,816,434 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (323425 Views)

U.S. Immigration Crackdown, ICE Arrest Over 140 Workers At A Beef Plant(Pics) / See Reason Why A US Consular Refused To Grant Visa / Ask A Pilot... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (96) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by AREOLA: 6:38am On May 29, 2017
Hello V.O,
Thanks for the good work you are doing here, my husband had his interview on the 3rd of may and he was told that he is going to be on administrative processing for like 60 days, I just checked the status on the ceac.gov today and the status changed to Refused it was updated on Friday 26th of may. I'm totally confused now though we have not heard anything from the embassy but please could that means that it's been refused.His case number is LGS2015795026.
Thanks for your response.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:06pm On May 30, 2017
AREOLA:
Hello V.O,
Thanks for the good work you are doing here, my husband had his interview on the 3rd of may and he was told that he is going to be on administrative processing for like 60 days, I just checked the status on the ceac.gov today and the status changed to Refused it was updated on Friday 26th of may. I'm totally confused now though we have not heard anything from the embassy but please could that means that it's been refused.His case number is LGS2015795026.
Thanks for your response.

Officially, a case in administrative processing is refused under section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act. This is normal. You should write us at LagosIV@state.gov if you have not heard anything after 60 days.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:08pm On May 30, 2017
rikkyfred:

furthermore would participation in visa lottery be regarded as a visa application?

So you're asking what the implication is of lying on a prior visa application. You'll find out when you come for your interview.

Regards,
VO

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:20pm On May 30, 2017
Timetravel88:
Good day,
Please I have a nagging problem that has kept me up most nights. I have a fiance in the US who I plan on getting married to, she has come visiting once and all went well.
I applied for a US tourist visa in a few months and said I was married to her and was denied visa after a brief interview. Now she is proposing for a K1 fiance visa application which of course will be in contradiction to my previous application at the consulate.
Please what solution can u proffer to lift this bottleneck.
I know I should have gone through the K1 first, I was completely naive of the process.
In addition I used my surname in place of hers for spouse's full name and address and place of Origin was Nigeria as I thought mine would suffice in the eventuality of marriage.
Your speedy response will be profoundly appreciated.
Thank you.

I suspect you would like if I came here and suggested everything is going to be alright. Unfortunately, I cannot do that. Since you lied on a previous visa application, your K1 visa is in jeopardy. In fact, your ability to ever go to the United States has been compromised. This is far beyond "naivety" and is all too common. Only time will tell.

Regards,
VO

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:28pm On May 30, 2017
olubami1:
Thank you VO. My immigrants visa interview was ok today, i spent less than 3 min. its been approved and am to pick up in 1 week i think.

Congratulations!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:30pm On May 30, 2017
farastrongman:
Dear VO,

Original documents from my petitioner is requested at the interview according to the package sent to me.

He said all originals including my birthday certificate were submitted to USCIS and same has been forwarded to the Consulate in Nigeria, also that it will be given to me at the interview.

Please my question is, is the above stated possible?

Thank you.

All originals are returned through the Consulate and then to you. This is normal.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:31pm On May 30, 2017
stephengee:
Please I had my visa application successful on the 17th may and my docs are not ready at my DHL pick up center. I checked the status and I saw this....

Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than 10 working days, please see the webpage for contact information of the embassy or consulate where you submitted your application.

Any reason why it's taking this long?

This is normal. We also had a holiday intervene. Give it a few more days and then write LagosIV@state.gov for a status update.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:41pm On May 30, 2017
travelfar:
I won the DV lottery 2018 I think the autofill must to corrected the country of changeability used to my address in Australia. I was born in Europe so is not from the same region. The rules indicate that I disqualify as I don't have a valid claim for this country, as I was not born in AUS, I just want to know if the CO has the power to overlook this if I decide to go to the interview, I can show very strong financial support and all the rest of requirements. I understand that is pretty much a lost case, but I just want to know if there is any hope... I called the KKC and they said that the CO will have to decide, I am not sure they can do that.
Thanks in advance

I'm not sure how a "mistake" of Australia happens. There are only a certain number of DV's allowed per country and your "Australian" birth gave you the right to apply for a DV from Australia. KCC is right when they say that the CO will decide as KCC cannot adjudicate a visa. However, a CO does not have the power to overlook this. Come to the interview and see what happens. That is all I can say.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by uniqueprivacy(m): 6:22pm On May 30, 2017
Hello VO, please I am reposting this message as I am yet to get a response. I look forward to your attention to my concerns. Thank you again for all you do.
uniqueprivacy:
Hello VO,

Thank you for doing a great job in this forum.
I am a Permanent resident living in the US since 2013, I came back to Nigeria in December 2014 to get married to my wife and had filed an F2A petition for my wife in February 2015. I visited again in December 2015 and we had our baby in September 2016. I added a derivative to our case. However my wife has now been schedule for interview next month (June 2017) and I seen in the embassy specific interview requirement does not say a DNA test has to be done, but I learnt from someone who had gone through this interview in the past that her family was asked to do a DNA test after attending the IV interview and this ended up delaying the issuance of their VISA.
Please as a precaution to avoid this delay can my wife go ahead and do the DNA test when doing their medical or will the DNA requirement be determined by the CO during the interview?
Also our daughter is not bearing the same last name as me and my wife, instead she is having my middle name as her last name, as we decided to discontinue the use of our last name for our children, will this be an issue?
Please your response will be greatly appreciated. Thank you smiley
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by travelfar: 11:06pm On May 30, 2017
Hello VO,
Thanks for your answer. I live in Australia and the autofill of the computer every time a form ask for a country automatically will put Australia.
I just don't know what's the point to come to the interview if the CO can't approve the visa.
I wanted to know if there was even the slimmest chance to get approve?Otherwise going to the interview sounds like painful knowing that is impossible.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:25pm On May 30, 2017
travelfar:
Hello VO,
Thanks for your answer. I live in Australia and the autofill of the computer every time a form ask for a country automatically will put Australia.
I just don't know what's the point to come to the interview if the CO can't approve the visa.
I wanted to know if there was even the slimmest chance to get approve?Otherwise going to the interview sounds like painful knowing that is impossible.

The only way you will find out is if you attend an interview. I cannot give you a probability. You might want to consult with an immigration attorney.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:28pm On May 30, 2017
uniqueprivacy:
Hello VO, please I am reposting this message as I am yet to get a response. I look forward to your attention to my concerns. Thank you again for all you do.

Performing DNA is not required. However, DNA is the most reliable indicator of a biological relationship but, as you note, it can be expensive and time consuming. Many people get a visa without DNA. A consular officer will make a determination as to what further evidence is required for you.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:28am On May 31, 2017
Hello,good morning a friend of mine had gone to the USA last year to give birth on visiting visa but paid all the bills,I mean everything,she is pregnant again this year and will be due to give birth in September and her visa expires in September as well,so she decided to apply for a medical visa this time around before the expiration of the last visiting visa,she made a drop off and was asked to come for interview yesterday which she did,but the man interviewing her didn't ask for any document rather asked her about the last trip and If she paid but didn't ask to see any receipts or bank account and told her he can't give her the visa without seeing any document,please can she reapply or just use the remaining visitors visa to go in September?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by uniqueprivacy(m): 4:19pm On May 31, 2017
Thank you VO for your response, that helps! Let's see how it goes. I pray we don't have to go through that cos our baby is going to be 37 weeks old by the time they go for the interview. Hence, it will only be a waist of time and resources if they ask us to do a DNA test. Anyway, I will let the forum know how it went after their interview.
Thank you again for all you do. smiley
VisaOfficer:

Performing DNA is not required. However, DNA is the most reliable indicator of a biological relationship but, as you note, it can be expensive and time consuming. Many people get a visa without DNA. A consular officer will make a determination as to what further evidence is required for you.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by endyendy1: 6:19pm On May 31, 2017
Dear VO,

I must thank you for the work you are doing, God bless you.
I want to ask if a sibling can file an immigrant petition for a married adult child and how long it may likely take to process if that is possible.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 11:07am On Jun 01, 2017
Hello VO, Please I'll like to make an inquiry . My dad filled a form I130 for me , my wife and two of my sons in 2012. Up till now (2017) we have not heard anything. I've checked the status severally; in 2013/14, the status was showing '' Initial review'', and now, since 2015, no update since 2014 on the USCIS web. Please, do you know if something is wrong with the application made by my dad, or this long waiting process is normal.
I applied for a visiting visa in 2014 but i was denied. The VO did not give any clear reason order than to tell me i was not eligible for the visa. Though a friend said it was because i had an immigrant petition pending.
As to the initial point i raised, please, what do you think could be the reason for the delay, and what steps can i take to ensure a speedy processing.
Thanks
Regards
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:24am On Jun 01, 2017
endyendy1:
Dear VO,

I must thank you for the work you are doing, God bless you.
I want to ask if a sibling can file an immigrant petition for a married adult child and how long it may likely take to process if that is possible.

I'm not sure I understand the question. A sibling can file for a sibling. A sibling can also file for his or her child. But a sibling cannot file for another person's child. Keep in mind that only U.S. citizens may file for a married adult child.

If you can clarify the question, I might be able to help. Otherwise, you might want to consult an immigration attorney.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:25am On Jun 01, 2017
tolarr:
Hello VO, Please I'll like to make an inquiry . My dad filled a form I130 for me , my wife and two of my sons in 2012. Up till now (2017) we have not heard anything. I've checked the status severally; in 2013/14, the status was showing '' Initial review'', and now, since 2015, no update since 2014 on the USCIS web. Please, do you know if something is wrong with the application made by my dad, or this long waiting process is normal.
I applied for a visiting visa in 2014 but i was denied. The VO did not give any clear reason order than to tell me i was not eligible for the visa. Though a friend said it was because i had an immigrant petition pending.
As to the initial point i raised, please, what do you think could be the reason for the delay, and what steps can i take to ensure a speedy processing.
Thanks
Regards

This is a question for USCIS. I have no visbility to any file which hasn't reached the Consulate. Your father might have better success as he is the petitioner in America.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 01, 2017
Hello vo,please you haven't answered my questions thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:14pm On Jun 01, 2017
shegzd:
Hello vo,please you haven't answered my questions thank you

Can you rewrite your question? Remember that any question that amounts to "how long" when you have not yet had an interview, or any question that relates to a non-immigrant visa, will be deleted without notice.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by endyendy1: 6:25pm On Jun 01, 2017
[quote author=VisaOfficer post=57084210]

I'm not sure I understand the question. A sibling can file for a sibling. A sibling can also file for his or her child. But a sibling cannot file for another person's child. Keep in mind that only U.S. citizens may file for a married adult child.

If you can clarify the question, I might be able to help. Otherwise, you might want to consult an immigration attorney.

Regards,
VO

Thank you for your response.
What I mean is if an adult US citizen can file for his/her sibling who is an adult, if it is possible, will the petition affect the beneficiary from getting a renewal of his/her B1/B2 visa even when he/she has never violated the terms of his B1/B2 visa.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 10:54am On Jun 02, 2017
What I mean is if an adult US citizen can file for his/her sibling who is an adult, if it is possible, will the petition affect the beneficiary from getting a renewal of his/her B1/B2 visa even when he/she has never violated the terms of his B1/B2 visa.

Anything you do can affect a visa application, both positively and negatively. That said, I cannot predict the future. The only way to find out is to schedule an interview. At the interview, I would strongly recommend that you tell the truth about all pending applications.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by endyendy1: 12:04pm On Jun 02, 2017
VisaOfficer:

Anything you do can affect a visa application, both positively and negatively. That said, I cannot predict the future. The only way to find out is to schedule an interview. At the interview, I would strongly recommend that you tell the truth about all pending applications.

Regards,
VO

Thank you so much for your response, however I do not have a pending immigrant application now, I only wanted to know the implication of a pending application to the outcome of the renewal of a non-immigrant visa.
If I eventually have one. I will talk about it. For now, let me be enjoying my non-immigrant visa.
Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 5:39pm On Jun 07, 2017
endyendy1:

Thank you so much for your response, however I do not have a pending immigrant application now, I only wanted to know the implication of a pending application to the outcome of the renewal of a non-immigrant visa.
If I eventually have one. I will talk about it. For now, let me be enjoying my non-immigrant visa.
Thanks

That is a good idea. But not too much smiley

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by endyendy1: 6:16pm On Jun 07, 2017
VisaOfficer:

That is a good idea. But not too much smiley

Regards,
VO

Dear VO,

Can you tell me why it is a good idea, but not too much.
I don't understand. Please, I do not want to violate the terms of my visa.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (96)

Need Help With Direction / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.