Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,919 members, 7,835,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (324396 Views)

U.S. Immigration Crackdown, ICE Arrest Over 140 Workers At A Beef Plant(Pics) / See Reason Why A US Consular Refused To Grant Visa / Ask A Pilot... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (96) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Orente2016: 3:59pm On Jun 25, 2017
Dear uncle visa officer,
Please help me answer my question abeg. Just want to be sure how I will fill that page. Please
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Favvick: 9:07pm On Jun 26, 2017
Visaofficer

I wish to apply for 2019 DV lottery. I'm a Nigerian, my mum is a Togolese. My country of birth is Togo but I don't have a birth certificate to show I was birthed in Togo.

Or can I just use the country of birth of my mother (Togo) since I don't of birth certificate but then, I dont understand this phrase
Finally, if you were born in a country not eligible to participate in this year’s diversity visa green card program, you can be "charged" to the country of birth of either of your parents as long as neither parent was a resident of your country of birth at the time of your birth

How do I go about it?

Thanks sir
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 12:19am On Jun 27, 2017
Dear vo

Thanks for taking time out to respond to issues here.

I seek information "if possible" on my application that was made in 2008 or there about.
My late dad, a green card holder filed for me to come be with him but he died few months later and i could not provide DNA when called for interview.

My step brother said he filled a case in court suing the embassy or those in charge on my behalf and kept on insisting that judgment will be in my favor, till date i don't have information about it cause my relationship with him has gone soar ever since father died.

I also want to ask if he(my step brother) can file for me, he is a citizen and has been in the states since 90s. Just curious.

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:30am On Jun 30, 2017
Favvick:
Visaofficer

I wish to apply for 2019 DV lottery. I'm a Nigerian, my mum is a Togolese. My country of birth is Togo but I don't have a birth certificate to show I was birthed in Togo.

Or can I just use the country of birth of my mother (Togo) since I don't of birth certificate but then, I dont understand this phrase
Finally, if you were born in a country not eligible to participate in this year’s diversity visa green card program, you can be "charged" to the country of birth of either of your parents as long as neither parent was a resident of your country of birth at the time of your birth

How do I go about it?

Thanks sir

Good morning,

In order to qualify for the diversity visa program, you must be a native or be chargeable to a country eligible for the DV program. To be considered a native of Togo, you would need to provide valid documentary proof that you were born there. Your question on claiming the birthplace of a parent applies if neither of your parents was born in nor was a resident of the non-qualifying country (in this case, Nigeria) at the time of your birth. I hope this helps to answer your question.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:56am On Jun 30, 2017
jayfrank085:
Dear vo

Thanks for taking time out to respond to issues here.

I seek information "if possible" on my application that was made in 2008 or there about.
My late dad, a green card holder filed for me to come be with him but he died few months later and i could not provide DNA when called for interview.

My step brother said he filled a case in court suing the embassy or those in charge on my behalf and kept on insisting that judgment will be in my favor, till date i don't have information about it cause my relationship with him has gone soar ever since father died.

I also want to ask if he(my step brother) can file for me, he is a citizen and has been in the states since 90s. Just curious.

Thanks.

Good morning,

Regarding your question on whether or not your stepbrother may file, USCIS (not the consulate) makes the determination on who may file petitions.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by enocoded4life(f): 12:01pm On Jun 30, 2017
Hello, I am new here and I am happy I found this thread. You guys are doing a great job. Please I have a few questions to ask.
I and my daughter were issued b1/b2 visas Sept 2015 because we wanted to go for a family vacation with my husband (who already had his visa). A week to our planned trip I fell sick and I discovered I was pregnant with some complications. I was advised against long distance travel so we had to cancel the trip. I gave birth to my twin boys on June 2016 through C-section and took time out to recover and nurse my boys, they turned 1 year old this month.
We are planning to go for that family vacation October this year(thats when my husband would be on leave), but I and my daughter's Visas would have expired by then. So my questions are:
1. Would our not using the visas affect our chances of having the visas renewed?
2. Would our application be by drop box or do I have the option of appearing for interview so that I can explain my reasons for not traveling?
3. We want to apply for the 1 year old twins, since they are minors are they appearing for interview or should I apply for them along with mine and daughter's via drop box.
4. Finally, can we apply now or wait till after the visa expires before applying?
I look forward to your reply to these questions. Thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 12:19pm On Jun 30, 2017
enocoded4life:
Hello, I am new here and I am happy I found this thread. You guys are doing a great job. Please I have a few questions to ask.
I and my daughter were issued b1/b2 visas Sept 2015 because we wanted to go for a family vacation with my husband (who already had his visa). A week to our planned trip I fell sick and I discovered I was pregnant with some complications. I was advised against long distance travel so we had to cancel the trip. I gave birth to my twin boys on June 2016 through C-section and took time out to recover and nurse my boys, they turned 1 year old this month.
We are planning to go for that family vacation October this year(thats when my husband would be on leave), but I and my daughter's Visas would have expired by then. So my questions are:
1. Would our not using the visas affect our chances of having the visas renewed?
2. Would our application be by drop box or do I have the option of appearing for interview so that I can explain my reasons for not traveling?
3. We want to apply for the 1 year old twins, since they are minors are they appearing for interview or should I apply for them along with mine and daughter's via drop box.
4. Finally, can we apply now or wait till after the visa expires before applying?
I look forward to your reply to these questions. Thanks.

Good afternoon,

This looks like non-immigrant visa question and should be directed to the appropriate forum. This board is for questions relating to immigrant visas. Thank you.

VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Abujafinest(m): 4:36am On Jul 02, 2017
Good day VO.

Please, how do I go about paying for immigrant visa petitions?

The US CIS only want money from American banks.

Tks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Abujafinest(m): 5:50pm On Jul 02, 2017
Hi VO,

Specifically, for the I 130 form petition.

Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Cfo4all: 10:47pm On Jul 02, 2017
Hello VO.
Am in a relationship with a USC who also holds a dual citizenship of her country of birth. We wanna get married in her country of birth cos of her family marriage rites. Do u think we can file for a marriage visa to the US from her country of birth? Or we still need to get married in my country?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by akfash: 9:30am On Jul 03, 2017
Hello VO.
I'm a huge fan of Nairaland and I'm happy to be part of the house. I started on my CR1 visa application around July last year, 2016, I was approved and about 11 weeks ago, I filled the DS-260 form, since then I'm yet to receive date for an interview from NVC. I called them severally and they said that it usually takes a while for the kind of visa application that I'm doing. Please VO, I would like to know if there is anything I need to worry about.

Thank you as I anticipate your reply Sir/Ma.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:09pm On Jul 03, 2017
Abujafinest:
Good day VO.

Please, how do I go about paying for immigrant visa petitions?

The US CIS only want money from American banks.

Tks

Good afternoon,

Any questions on the process of filing petitions should be directed to USCIS. Thank you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:28pm On Jul 03, 2017
Cfo4all:
Hello VO.
Am in a relationship with a USC who also holds a dual citizenship of her country of birth. We wanna get married in her country of birth cos of her family marriage rites. Do u think we can file for a marriage visa to the US from her country of birth? Or we still need to get married in my country?

Good afternoon,

You may interview for a spousal visa in a country that is not your country of birth, or you may get married in a different country and interview for the visa in your country of birth. Please bear in mind that the National Visa Center in the U.S. must determine that the petition file is complete before a visa interview can be scheduled with the designated U.S consulate or embassy.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:30pm On Jul 03, 2017
akfash:
Hello VO.
I'm a huge fan of Nairaland and I'm happy to be part of the house. I started on my CR1 visa application around July last year, 2016, I was approved and about 11 weeks ago, I filled the DS-260 form, since then I'm yet to receive date for an interview from NVC. I called them severally and they said that it usually takes a while for the kind of visa application that I'm doing. Please VO, I would like to know if there is anything I need to worry about.

Thank you as I anticipate your reply Sir/Ma.

Good afternoon,

It sounds like you have already been in touch with NVC and they are the best source of information for this particular question. If they have told you that the scheduling process normally takes awhile, then this is the information you should go by.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by labiowo: 5:34pm On Jul 03, 2017
Dear Visa Officer,
My wife was born in US in 1980.She has her birth certificate,her Green card and her American passport has expired.Sir how did she go about renew the Green card and American passport?

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Cfo4all: 1:18am On Jul 04, 2017
Happy Independence day to the star spangled banner!!! Happy 4th of july!!!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by romres1: 2:59pm On Jul 04, 2017
Hi VO, I have my passport with my valid visa. The email I used in the application and number used for the opening of the mail is no where to be found because it was misplaced. I want to know if it won't have implication on my visa if by chance anyone come in contact with the phone containing the sim and the email password.. Pls I need reply.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by hillsiderfak(m): 8:13pm On Jul 04, 2017
Hello good day,
I would like to know what it takes for someone who knows no one in the united states
To immigrate their. Do such people have any hope
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by AREOLA: 5:28pm On Jul 05, 2017
Hello V.O,
Thanks for the good job you are doing here, my husband has his interview on the 3rd of may, he was given a paper that his case has to go on administrative processing that will last for 60 days, my question now is can he send mail to lagosiv to ask for the update? Does it mean 60 business days because the last update on CEAC was June 1st.
Thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Oladeep: 5:23pm On Jul 06, 2017
Hello VO, my mom lost her US permanent resident status and she's planning to apply for a returning resident visa (SB1). Please how do we go about it? Do we have to book an appointment with d consulate and if so, how do we do that? Thanks in advance for your response
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:36am On Jul 07, 2017
labiowo:
Dear Visa Officer,
My wife was born in US in 1980.She has her birth certificate,her Green card and her American passport has expired.Sir how did she go about renew the Green card and American passport?

Good morning,

I am a little confused by your question. If your wife was born in the U.S., she is a U.S. citizen and she should not need a green card. Additionally, if she has a U.S. passport (i.e. she has naturalized as U.S. citizen), she should not have a green card. Green cards are for long-term permanent residents (LPRs). If she has a U.S. passport that has expired, she should visit the American Citizen Services section of the consulate website for more information on the renewal process.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:36am On Jul 07, 2017
Cfo4all:
Happy Independence day to the star spangled banner!!! Happy 4th of july!!!

Happy 4th! (A little late)

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:39am On Jul 07, 2017
romres1:
Hi VO, I have my passport with my valid visa. The email I used in the application and number used for the opening of the mail is no where to be found because it was misplaced. I want to know if it won't have implication on my visa if by chance anyone come in contact with the phone containing the sim and the email password.. Pls I need reply.

Good morning,

I do not fully understand your concern. If you have the passport with a valid visa in your possession, then losing your phone with a confirmation email in it should not be a problem.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:40am On Jul 07, 2017
AREOLA:
Hello V.O,
Thanks for the good job you are doing here, my husband has his interview on the 3rd of may, he was given a paper that his case has to go on administrative processing that will last for 60 days, my question now is can he send mail to lagosiv to ask for the update? Does it mean 60 business days because the last update on CEAC was June 1st.
Thanks.

Good morning,

You are free to contact the email for Lagos IV if 60 days has passed since the day of the interview for an update.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:43am On Jul 07, 2017
Oladeep:
Hello VO, my mom lost her US permanent resident status and she's planning to apply for a returning resident visa (SB1). Please how do we go about it? Do we have to book an appointment with d consulate and if so, how do we do that? Thanks in advance for your response

Good morning,

The following web page should provide the information you need: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/returning-residents.html
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by rotormast: 9:10am On Jul 07, 2017
Good Morning VO,

I once applied for study visa in Nigeria but I was denied. 3 years after, I changed Nationality to my Mom's country and also had to do change of name ( all my name). the present company I work for wants to send me for two weeks training in the U.S.. what supporting documents will i need to provide? As I believe that embassy will definitely have access to my previous record.

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (96)

Need Help With Direction / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.