Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (323289 Views)

U.S. Immigration Crackdown, ICE Arrest Over 140 Workers At A Beef Plant(Pics) / See Reason Why A US Consular Refused To Grant Visa / Ask A Pilot... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (96) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:46pm On Aug 28, 2017
cute2014:

Hello dear VO,greetings and thanks for the work you are doing on here.My husband had his interview at the Lagos US Consulate a little over 9 months ago.We already submitted a waiver as requested over 7 months ago and still waiting for it to be adjudicated.Are there specific instructions about updating/informing Lagos US Embassy seeing that its almost one year that he's had his interview or there is no need to do so.

Thanks!

Good afternoon,

If you receive notification from USCIS that the waiver has been approved, please contact the consulate with this information. I hope this is helpful.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:48pm On Aug 28, 2017
Emocream:
Good a.m V.O,

Thank you for your help on here.

Please can you kindly verify if it is true that a medical facility located in Abuja Nigeria called Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC) was recently approved to carry out medicals?

got the link from the state dept site https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/LGS%20-%20Lagos.pdf

I contacted Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC) facility in Abuja via email and they confirmed that they were recently approved may 2017, to carry out medicals for prospective USA immigrants.

My confusion now is that i sent an email to lagosIV@state.gov, to verify if indeed medicals can be done in Abuja but got an automated response with a link to Immigrant Visa Frequently Asked Questions and it directed me to page that only listed Q life clinic and the children's place and no mention of the new approved medical center in Abuja.

Thanks in anticipation of your response.

Good afternoon,

Yes, the Migration Health Assessment Centre in Abuja has been approved for medical exams.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Ajakayekoke(m): 4:18pm On Aug 28, 2017
VisaOfficer:

Good afternoon,

I believe your question refers to how to file an immigrant visa petition. There is more information on the filing of petitions at uscis.gov. The U.S. Consulate only processes and adjudicates immigrant visas that have already been approved in the United States by USCIS and forwarded to the consulate. Please bear in mind that an individual can file petitions for someone with whom they claim a familial relationship (e.g. a fiance or a spouse). I hope this is helpful.

Regards,
VO
Thank You very much Sir,God bless.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by naijatisumi: 5:28pm On Aug 28, 2017
Dear VO,

If I may ask. My wife is currently in the US with an F1 VISA, Unknowingly to us before she traveled she a month pregnant. Now she applied for a medicare in the United State without knowing the consequence that she will not be able to invite me on an F2. My question goes is it possible for me to pay and clear those fees they were just medical check Up and cancel it and i will register her in an hospital so i can apply for an F2 after she deliver probably next year.

2. I also apply for an F1 but was denied twice tho i have not applied together with my wife for any kind of visa in d past. All rejection was this year twice against summer and thrice against fall. I wish to know if our names can be linked or match together even when we have not apply together before cause i wish to re-apply later next year

Godbless
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:39pm On Aug 29, 2017
naijatisumi:
Dear VO,

If I may ask. My wife is currently in the US with an F1 VISA, Unknowingly to us before she traveled she a month pregnant. Now she applied for a medicare in the United State without knowing the consequence that she will not be able to invite me on an F2. My question goes is it possible for me to pay and clear those fees they were just medical check Up and cancel it and i will register her in an hospital so i can apply for an F2 after she deliver probably next year.

2. I also apply for an F1 but was denied twice tho i have not applied together with my wife for any kind of visa in d past. All rejection was this year twice against summer and thrice against fall. I wish to know if our names can be linked or match together even when we have not apply together before cause i wish to re-apply later next year

Godbless

Good morning,

Based on your question it sounds like you are asking about F1 student visas, which are non-immigrant visas, as opposed to the F1 immigrant visa for unmarried sons and daughters of U.S. citizens. This is a forum for questions on immigrant visas. Please direct your question to the appropriate forum.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Distinct05: 4:50am On Aug 31, 2017
Good morning VO, please I need an urgent assistance on how to register for a courier service, I am an applicant for an immigrant visa and due for an interview second week of September. I have tried registering from the link on the embassy page in Lagos, but it takes me directly to where I will rather login my username and password instead of a page where I will create an account.

Please I need your help. Many thanks.

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by beekaf: 9:56am On Aug 31, 2017
Hello V.o

My issue is that I took my nieces for immigration interview because there mum was at work,They were succesful in the interview and was told to pickup there passports in 10 working days at a specified address and was told to register on ustraveldocs.com\ng.

My questions are

1.Who is supposed to pick up the passports,Is it me that took them to the embassy or there Mum?

2.Anytime we want to register on ustraveldocs.com\ng,we only see sign in icon,No icon for register,What can we do.

This is what i see below(no space for fresh registratration

Welcome to the
CGI Federal Secure Access Page

Username
Password
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Aos29: 4:06pm On Sep 01, 2017
VO good day,
Please could you clarify the difference between these two terms:
1. Filing fee (I-130) is $535/applicant.
2. Immigrant visa fee is $535.

Is it that you had already paid for the immigrant visa when you filed the form I-130 OR
They are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by onyiblanche: 11:02am On Sep 04, 2017
VisaOfficer:

Good morning,

If the petition is still with the National Visa Center, you should contact them to inform them of the new baby. If the petition has been sent to the consulate, you should notify the consulate. The ability to add a child to the petition also depends on the visa class. Family preference visas can have derivatives added to petitions, while immediate relatives cannot. If the visa class is for an immediate relative (e.g. the spouse of a U.S. citizen or IR1 visa), the child cannot be added and the petitioner will need to file a separate petition for the child (IR2).

I hope this is helpful.

Regards,
VO
Thank you very much Vo for your response. Its an F4 visa. Will contact NVC after Labor Day . Thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by DevOpsX: 3:23pm On Sep 06, 2017
Dear VO,
I'm currently collecting required documents for immigrant visa interview. One of my documents, a Police certificate from Spain is in Spanish. Do I need to provide English translation for this?

Thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Aos29: 5:14pm On Sep 06, 2017
VO,

Is it that you had already paid for the immigrant visa when you filed the form I-130 OR
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Duuzsz(m): 5:16am On Sep 07, 2017
Good Morning VO

I just want to ask a quick question. My dad (USC) filed for me (unmarried son above 21yr) in 2014. I received a copy of case receipt stating that, the case was received and it's on process". And I was able to check case status via uscis website. Now the question is; does it mean that uscis approved the case? And is there something we are missing or left to do?

Thanks for your quick response! God bless you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Aos29: 12:50pm On Sep 11, 2017
Aos29:
VO,

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:13pm On Sep 13, 2017
beekaf:
Hello V.o

My issue is that I took my nieces for immigration interview because there mum was at work,They were succesful in the interview and was told to pickup there passports in 10 working days at a specified address and was told to register on ustraveldocs.com\ng.

My questions are

1.Who is supposed to pick up the passports,Is it me that took them to the embassy or there Mum?

2.Anytime we want to register on ustraveldocs.com\ng,we only see sign in icon,No icon for register,What can we do.

This is what i see below(no space for fresh registratration

Welcome to the
CGI Federal Secure Access Page

Username
Password

Good afternoon,

For questions on picking up the immigrant visas and for technical issues with the website, please contact the helpline provided on the sheet handed to you following the interview ("Collecting Your U.S. Immigrant Visa" ). I hope this is helpful.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:20pm On Sep 13, 2017
Aos29:
VO good day,

Good afternoon,

This website has the most up-to-date information on fees: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/fees-visa-services.html. As you can see, the filing fee for the I-130 petition with USCIS is USD 535. If the petition is approved, the processing fee for the visa (a separate fee) will vary depending on the visa class. I hope this is helpful.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:21pm On Sep 13, 2017
DevOpsX:
Dear VO,
I'm currently collecting required documents for immigrant visa interview. One of my documents, a Police certificate from Spain is in Spanish. Do I need to provide English translation for this?

Thank you

Good afternoon,

Yes, you must submit certified translations of all documents in languages other than English.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:24pm On Sep 13, 2017
Duuzsz:
Good Morning VO

I just want to ask a quick question. My dad (USC) filed for me (unmarried son above 21yr) in 2014. I received a copy of case receipt stating that, the case was received and it's on process". And I was able to check case status via uscis website. Now the question is; does it mean that uscis approved the case? And is there something we are missing or left to do?

Thanks for your quick response! God bless you.

Good afternoon,

If you are checking the status of your case on the USCIS website, it sounds like it is still under review at USCIS. If the petition is approved, USCIS will send it to the National Visa Center (NVC) to await such a time as your petition becomes current. At that point, they will notify you of the documentation they will need. I hope this is helpful.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by okenne: 7:29pm On Sep 13, 2017
Hello VO,

God bless you for the good work u doing here, doing all ur best to help people.

1. pls i want to know how long does f4 immigrant visa takes to mature.

2. My wife siblings were adopted by their uncle and they are citizen now can they apply for F4 for my wife knowing that their surname change by reason of adoption.

Remain Blessed.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by koolkesh(m): 3:34pm On Sep 15, 2017
Good Day VO,

Please what is the average wait time to get an interview date from case complete.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by JWTheocracy1: 7:55am On Sep 19, 2017
Good morning V.O. I'm a Nigerian currently living In Abidjan. I first met my fiance who is an American citizen earlier this year when I was still living and doing business in Nigeria. now my fiance wants to file for me and my question is this...can I choose to attend my interview in a foreign land where I'm now currently staying which is Abidjan though I'm a Nigerian but has a resident permit?

expecting a swift response. thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by JWTheocracy1: 8:26pm On Sep 19, 2017
JWTheocracy1:
Good morning V.O. I'm a Nigerian currently living In Abidjan. I first met my fiance who is an American citizen earlier this year when I was still living and doing business in Nigeria. now my fiance wants to file for me and my question is this...can I choose to attend my interview in a foreign land where I'm now currently staying which is Abidjan though I'm a Nigerian but has a resident permit?

expecting a swift response. thanks
Please can anyone with a clue contribute. my friend needs help ASAP

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (96)

Need Help With Direction / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.