Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,921 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live (7778 Views)

Poll: Who grabs all three points in this classic encounter?

Real Madrid: 20% (4 votes)
Barcelona: 75% (15 votes)
Draw: 5% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Manchester United Vs West Brom (0 - 1) On 2nd May 2015 / Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 6) On 30th August 2014 / El Clasico: Real Madrid Vs Barca [0 - 2] on Sat, 10th April (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by jalether(m): 7:48pm On May 02, 2009
dayo, tot u support both bayern & chelsea
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by Nobody: 7:48pm On May 02, 2009
Almost every player on the pitch can dribble . . . amazing!

Its not about lung-bursting running like the EPL.
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by Nobody: 7:49pm On May 02, 2009
7 saves for Cassilas . . .
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by switch47(m): 7:50pm On May 02, 2009
dayokanu:

EPL folks should come and see soccer not Fire on the Mountain Run run run run football.

EPL is a shame to football

Barca is the ultimate attacking team!!!!!!!!

No wonder Chelsea had to play 9 men behind the ball
FBS link=topic=267100.msg3813084#msg3813084 date=1241290014:

frustrate Barca and you win. . .but play their style and you ship in goals like mad.

frustrate Barca and you win manage to escape, he who runs away will live to DIE another day
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by asha80(m): 7:50pm On May 02, 2009
This is the kind of football that made me fall in love with football. wink
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by FBS: 7:53pm On May 02, 2009
football cannot always be like this. it aint possible. This is about the best attacking club/team on the planet right now and not every team can play their style. ask bayern munich.

sometimes result matters more.
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by Cristalz(f): 7:56pm On May 02, 2009
@DK
 Dude, what's your basis here? Barca are the only ones really playing this game.  .  .RM are laying there watching Messi, Henry and co deal with them and depending on Casillas to save them.
 Is that how you judge the La Liga? This sucks, if you ask me. After the 2nd goal RM just went to sleep.

Good soccer is the UCL quarter-final return leg between Chelsea and Liverpool!! Now that was total football at it's very best, not this. Let's be honest here abeg.
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by FBS: 8:01pm On May 02, 2009
@Crizzle, got to say it, you are spot on.

Barca are just ripping RM apart. Looks more like a training session to me. wink
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by Cristalz(f): 8:04pm On May 02, 2009
FBS:

frustrate Barca and you win. . .but play their style and you ship in goals like mad.

More reason why Chelsea will have a hell of a job to do at SB. Chelsea have to score, and to do this, they're going to have to come out and play. There will be no retreating into their shell like they did in the 1st leg.

And when they come out to play, they will be open.  .  .and Barca will strike. Hiddink's strategy may not be the best after all.  .  .
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by dayokanu(m): 8:07pm On May 02, 2009
Good soccer is the UCL quarter-final return leg between Chelsea and Liverpool!! Now that was total football at it's very best, not this. Let's be honest here abeg.

Criz,

That game was a disgrace to football of the 8 goals scored, the Keepers were to blame for 4 The first goals scored by bpth sides in that game should have scored even if Abiodun Baruwa was in goal. Both keepers were horrible on that night.

The strikers didnt even have to try before the celebrate goals
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by jalether(m): 8:07pm On May 02, 2009
@ cristalz, is putting 9 men behind the ball your own idea of tactics

shooting stars or eyimba could ve done the same thing n come out with a draw

no biggie
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by FBS: 8:09pm On May 02, 2009
second half in progress
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by Nobody: 8:11pm On May 02, 2009
Cristalz:

@DK
 Dude, what's your basis here? Barca are the only ones really playing this game.  .  .RM are laying there watching Messi, Henry and co deal with them and depending on Casillas to save them.
 Is that how you judge the La Liga? This sucks, if you ask me. After the 2nd goal RM just went to sleep.

That was an absolute rubbish game . . . a lesson in how not to defend.
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by FBS: 8:12pm On May 02, 2009
Chelsea will have to score but for that, they dont even need to come out of their shell. One set piece is enough.
Now, that may not be the total football y'all are looking for but then, results is more important.

I will take efficiency over beauty.
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by FBS: 8:13pm On May 02, 2009
it beats me. so what is good football? when one team is ripping the other apart or when both teams are having a go at each other?
If it is the latter, then Chelsea vs Liverpool UCL q/f was complete football.
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by Cristalz(f): 8:15pm On May 02, 2009
Even now, FBS, first few minutes of 2nd half.  .  .still all about Barca.

Valdes will get bored soon. grin

@DK
 Minus the GKs in that game.  .  .the rest of it was pure soccer skill at it's best.  It was electrifying all through! Tell me you were comfortably able to leave your tv set while that game was on.
This game.  .  .I could switch off my tv right now 'cos there's nothing electrifying about a game where Valdes might as well find a comfortable corner to sit and observe the play.

@jalether
 I never said putting 9 men behind the ball is good tactics, did I? All I said was, Hiddink's idea of doing that may not turn out to be as good as he, and most people think.
Meaning, it just might end up being a mistake deciding to do that.

GOAL Ramos.
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by FBS: 8:16pm On May 02, 2009
Ramossssssss. ahhhhh

El Clasico.
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by FBS: 8:17pm On May 02, 2009
what a response. henry.

2-4
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by jalether(m): 8:18pm On May 02, 2009
henry goal, now who says messi is d only one to watch out 4
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by Cristalz(f): 8:19pm On May 02, 2009
@davidylan

Okay now, did you see that? Henry just rolled the ball in 'cos Casillas made an error. Does that now make this game silly?

It's not just about the goalkeeping skills on display on the pitch, it's also about the other 20 men present. And based on that, the Chelsea-Liverpool game was just tight!

This one is not as hot as that one was. . .for now.

Why is Henry being taken off? Doesn't really make sense.
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 02, 2009
Cristalz:

Even now, FBS, first few minutes of 2nd half.  .  .still all about Barca.

Valdes will get bored soon. grin

@DK
 Minus the GKs in that game.  .  .the rest of it was pure soccer skill at it's best.  It was electrifying all through! Tell me you were comfortably able to leave your tv set while that game was on.
This game.  .  .I could switch off my tv right now 'cos there's nothing electrifying about a game where Valdes might as well find a comfortable corner to sit and observe the play.

@jalether
 I never said putting 9 men behind the ball is good tactics, did I? All I said was, Hiddink's idea of doing that may not turn out to be as good as he, and most people think.
Meaning, it just might end up being a mistake deciding to do that.

GOAL Ramos.

You must have been watching a different game. This game has it all . . . classic goals, pure unadulterated skill . . . where was the "skill" in the Liverpool V Chelsea game? Yeah its "electrifying" watching a bunch of average plodders running at 100 mph . . .

I'm seeing vision from Xavi and Iniesta . . . pure genius from Messi . . . world class finishing from Henry, fullbacks like Ramos, Dani Alves who can actually play football . . . i didnt see any such thing from the game you're describing.
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by Nobody: 8:22pm On May 02, 2009
Cristalz:

@davidylan

Okay now, did you see that? Henry just rolled the ball in 'cos Casillas made an error. Does that now make this game silly?

It's not just about the goalkeeping skills on display on the pitch, it's also about the other 20 men present. And based on that, the Chelsea-Liverpool game was just tight!

This one is not as hot as that one was. . .for now.

Why is Henry being taken off? Doesn't really make sense.

Again rubbish . . . Casillas made no error . . . if he didnt come out he'd be 1 V 1 with Henry again and there was only going to be one winner. The goal was made by Xavi's immaculate pass. I cant see anyone in the EPL who can play like that.

The Chelsea-Liverpool game was just boring . . .
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by FBS: 8:22pm On May 02, 2009
this is not football.
one team is busy scoring the other is trying to get back into the game.
Chelsea will not allow this.

For all those saying Chelsea put 9 men behind the ball in the first leg, Barca had chances which they never put away. Irrespective of what your opponent is doing, if you don't put away your chances, you don't get the desired results. simple.

Anyone who says the Chelsea vs L'pool game was boring is nothing but a comedian.
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by Cristalz(f): 8:27pm On May 02, 2009
@davidylan
  You didn't see any of such skill on display in that game? It was boring? Boring??

Dude, how well do you connect with soccer? undecided

@FBS
Thank you o. Right now I'm like, is david for real??

FBS:

this is not football.
one team is busy scoring the other is trying to get back into the game

Spot on. The Chelsea-Liverpool game was totally head to head!! There was no domination by any one team at any point throughout the entire match!!
Can't compare that with this one.
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 02, 2009
Cristalz:

@davidylan
You didn't see any of such skill on display in that game? It was boring? Boring??

Dude, how well do you connect with soccer? undecided

Probably well enough to know that this game is far superior to the dross Liverpool and Chelsea served us. Go back, view all the 8 goals scored in that game and compare each to the 6 in this game. There is simply no comparison.
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by kokonets(m): 8:29pm On May 02, 2009
@ Barca haters!!!!

Take it or leave it, this is the best game in the world, period
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by dayokanu(m): 8:30pm On May 02, 2009
@DK

How can you remove the goalkeeping then it would just be like any other drab EPL game where everyone is running all over the pitch?

Both teams had 7 and 6 shots on goal a total of 13 and had 4 goals apiece Is that what you call football? Can you remember any correct defensive move that night or any brilliant goalkeeping from Both Cech and Reina.

Casillass has saved enough goal bound shots tonight that both Cech and Reina managed together in 90 minutes

@FBS, Chelsea Liverpool is a comedy . Hilarious goalkeeping Just watch the first goals for both sides.
Chris Rock didnt make me laugh that hard like seeing Cech and Reina circus
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 02, 2009
FBS:

this is not football.
one team is busy scoring the other is trying to get back into the game.

Chelsea will not allow this.

For all those saying Chelsea put 9 men behind the ball in the first leg, Barca had chances which they never put away. Irrespective of what your opponent is doing, if you don't put away your chances, you don't get the desired results. simple.

Anyone who says the Chelsea vs L'pool game was boring is nothing but a comedian.

simply because one team has so much firepower for the other. Chelsea will not allow this by kicking and fouling as usual.
At least RM is trying to put the ball on the ground and play instead of packing their bus infront of the goal.
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by FBS: 8:31pm On May 02, 2009
There are no Barca haters here and no one dispute that they best attacking football on the planet right now.
But may I remind you that even playing attacking football does not always win you games.

As said earlier, me thinks efficiency is better than beauty.
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 02, 2009
dayokanu:

How can you remove the goalkeeping then it would just be like any other drab EPL game where everyone is running all over the pitch?

Both teams had 7 and 6 shots on goal a total of 13 and had 4 goals apiece Is that what you call football? Can you remember any correct defensive move that night or any brilliant goalkeeping from Both Cech and Reina.

Casillass has saved enough goal bound shots tonight that both Cech and Reina managed together in 90 minutes

@FBS, Chelsea Liverpool is a comedy . Hilarious goalkeeping Just watch the first goals for both sides.
Chris Rock didnt make me laugh that hard like seeing Cech and Reina circus

I tire for Crystalz, she must have been watching that game on Mars.
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by jalether(m): 8:33pm On May 02, 2009
2-5
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by Nobody: 8:35pm On May 02, 2009
See that goal . . .  shocked

Is there a better midfielder than Xavi?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Manchester City Vs Olympiakos :UCL (3 - 0) On 3rd November 2020 / AC Milan Vs Inter Milan (0 - 1) On Sun 15th January 2012 / INFOGRAPHICS: Messi Vs Ronaldo (2009 – 2013)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.