Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,613 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live (7782 Views)

Poll: Who grabs all three points in this classic encounter?

Real Madrid: 20% (4 votes)
Barcelona: 75% (15 votes)
Draw: 5% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Manchester United Vs West Brom (0 - 1) On 2nd May 2015 / Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 6) On 30th August 2014 / El Clasico: Real Madrid Vs Barca [0 - 2] on Sat, 10th April (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by FBS: 8:35pm On May 02, 2009
davidylan:

simply because one team has so much firepower for the other. Chelsea will not allow this by kicking and fouling as usual.
At least RM is trying to put the ball on the ground and play instead of packing their bus infront of the goal.
so invariably you are saying that all teams must play Barca brand of football?
Perhaps we can all start speaking the same language in the world? That is NEVER going to happen.

Chelsea aint playing no dirty footie. There was no kicking and fouling or you are counting the rolling antics from Barca players?

Now its 5-2. And you call this total football? RM is the weaker team and it is obvious to see. That they are trying to put the ball on the ground aint doing them no good.
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by asha80(m): 8:36pm On May 02, 2009
Men right fom the first time i saw xavi at Nigeria99 under 21 i knew he would become a world class midfielder.
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by jalether(m): 8:37pm On May 02, 2009
@ david , yes iniesta is better than xavi
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by kokonets(m): 8:38pm On May 02, 2009
FBS:

There are no Barca haters here and no one dispute that they best attacking football on the planet right now.
But may I remind you that even playing attacking football does not always win you games.

As said earlier, me thinks efficiency is better than beauty.

The best form of defense is attack and playing attacking football always wins you games unless you play anti football against Barca which spoils the beauty of the game.
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by FBS: 8:41pm On May 02, 2009
kokonets:

The best form of defense is attack a[b]nd playing attacking football always wins you games[/b] unless you play anti football against Barca which spoils the beauty of the game.
ask Johan Cruyff.

Looks like you've just started watching football.
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by FBS: 8:42pm On May 02, 2009
Of all people Pique? Gets a cherry on the cake.
Barca 6- RM 2.

Any you call this total football or pure rubbish?
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by jalether(m): 8:42pm On May 02, 2009
what on earth is going on 2-6 to barca, can chelsea be this poor defensively

lets wait n see
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by Cristalz(f): 8:43pm On May 02, 2009
@DK
 So a good game is now based on goalkeeping alone??

Nothing about the other 20 men on the pitch? Now I see why the other guys don't bother arguing with you. grin

davidylan:

simply because one team has so much firepower for the other. Chelsea will not allow this by kicking and fouling as usual.
At least RM is trying to put the ball on the ground and play instead of packing their bus infront of the goal.

Not forgetting that this ''other'' team is also one of the top teams in the La Liga. Yet they cannot stand up to Barcelona. Liverpool don't have as much skill on their team as Chelsea possess, yet they brought their game and burned up the pitch.

This one is not as competitive and electrifying as that one, period.

Can you guys see? 6 -2!! 6!! What are RM doing, sleeping? Come on. If any of the top 4 in the EPL were to meet, you can never have this sort of scoreline!!
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by Nobody: 8:43pm On May 02, 2009
Cristalz:

@FBS
 Thank you o. Right now I'm like, is david for real??
 Spot on. The Chelsea-Liverpool game was totally head to head!! There was no domination by any one team at any point throughout the entire match!!
Can't compare that with this one.

FBS is a Chelsea fan, i dont expect him to be applauding Barcelona at the moment.

So your own own idea of a classic is "totally head to head, no domination by anyone team"? We see that all the time with Hull City, Aston Villa and co . . .

I'm seeing defenders who can actually do more than boot the ball into the skies. Imagine Jamie Caraghar playing like Sergio Ramos . . . impossible.
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by Sauron1: 8:44pm On May 02, 2009
La Liga teams don't defend. . . . .

If United's holy trinity(Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez) go to La Liga, they will score 200 goals.
It's now 2-6. . . . Even Pique gets on the score sheet!!!
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by asha80(m): 8:45pm On May 02, 2009
kokonets:

The best form of defense is attack and playing attacking football always wins you games unless you play anti football against Barca which spoils the beauty of the game.

Errm, I do not think Socrates,Zico,Falcao and other cats of Brazil in espana82 will agree with u.
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 02, 2009
Cristalz:

Can you guys see? 6 -2!! 6!! What are RM doing, sleeping? Come on. If any of the top 4 in the EPL were to meet, you can never have this sort of scoreline!!

Probably because i cant see any attacking team as good as Barca at the moment. Liverpool thrashed Man U 4-1 at Old Trafford a few weeks ago . . . some better finishing and it could have been 6-1. no difference with this one.
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by Cristalz(f): 8:48pm On May 02, 2009
@David
  FBS is a Chelsea fan, but he is being honest, not biased.

You and DK should give it up.  .  .RM are falling your hand. grin After tonight, RM shouldn't call themselves ''top''.
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by FBS: 8:49pm On May 02, 2009
Thanks Asha. The same thing I told the guy. Attacking does not always win you game. Putting those chances in the back of the net will.

@DavidD, Yes I support Chelsea, but you if you follow my post, I infact applauded Barca as the best attacking team right now. Their firepower is RED HOT.
That said, ALL TEAMS CANNOT and WILL NOT play the Barca brand.

RM was simply humiliated today.

Ask any of the RM fans, they would gladly take a 0-0 draw than this humiliation of a match.
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by bosunk: 8:50pm On May 02, 2009
BARCCCCCCA FOR LIFE FOR THE TREBLE men i am soooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy,know weee ready for chelsea, o boy it is 2-6 for barcelonnnnna grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by Nobody: 8:52pm On May 02, 2009
Cristalz:

@David
  FBS is a Chelsea fan, but he is being honest, not biased.

You and DK should give it up.  .  .RMi s falling your hand. grin After tonight, RM shouldn't call themselves ''top''.

Man U wouldnt do any better against Barca . . . shebi the final is coming soon. I'm waiting to watch those over-rated Red men get thrashed.

At least RM has more competition than Middlesborough, Stoke city, West Brom, Hull city, Man City, Bolton, Totenham . . .
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by Cristalz(f): 8:53pm On May 02, 2009
@David
 So you're now leaving the Chelsea-Liverpool game and going to the United-Liverpool one? Lovely. grin RM have failed to prove the La Liga has got a higher standard tonight, end of. Accept it.

Barca are skilled, but RM couldn't do anything about it. 6-2 is downright shameful.

Oh, by the way, what's your own idea of a classic. . .a game that's totally dominated by one side? If that's the case, what's the point watching? 'Cos you'll already know which side will win.
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by FBS: 8:59pm On May 02, 2009
This is not the RM that I know. Shameful is the least that I can say.
hmmm
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by Sauron1: 9:00pm On May 02, 2009
FBS:

Thanks Asha. The same thing I told the guy. Attacking does not always win you game. Putting those chances in the back of the net will.

La Liga teams are shit and i don't rate Barcelona at all after watching this game. . . . .
Real Madrid coulda as well leave their goal open to concede more goals.
The defending is shocking. . . . . .Non-existent.

Barcelona cannot beat Stoke or Bolton(teams who put 10 men behind the ball).
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by Nobody: 9:02pm On May 02, 2009
Cristalz:

@David
 So you're now leaving the Chelsea-Liverpool game and going to the United-Liverpool one? Lovely. grin RM have failed to prove the La Liga has got a higher standard tonight, end of. Accept it.

Barca are skilled, but RM couldn't do anything about it. 6-2 is downright shameful.

Oh, by the way, what's your own idea of a classic. . .a game that's totally dominated by one side? If that's the case, what's the point watching? 'Cos you'll already know which side will win.

You actually brought up the analogy when you claimed no top four match would end with a lopsided score like 6-2. Just had to remind you that Liverpool white-washed Man U 4-1 and would have gone up to 6 or 7 but for not so smart finishing. Imagine if Liverpool had Messi and Henry on that day . . . you'd have shipped 8 or 10.
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by FBS: 9:04pm On May 02, 2009
Until this match, I was still undecided as to whether La Liga was better than the EPL. But now I can authoritatively say that EPL rules.
There is skill, passion and above all EFFICIENCY.

How can a top team lose 6-2? Can someone explain this to me?
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by Krayola(m): 9:04pm On May 02, 2009
Oh my God, that was just special. i don't even know what to say. I hope Chelsea try to attack us on Tuesday,    nuff said!
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by Sauron1: 9:05pm On May 02, 2009
Krayola:

Oh my God, that was just special. i don't even know what to say. I hope Chelsea try to attack us on Tuesday,    nuff said!

If Chelsea score first, they will beat Barcelona.
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by Krayola(m): 9:07pm On May 02, 2009
FBS:

Until this match, I was still undecided as to whether La Liga was better than the EPL. But now I can authoritatively say that EPL rules.

How did middlesborough beat chelsea 4-0? answer that first
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by Krayola(m): 9:08pm On May 02, 2009
~Sauron~:

La Liga teams are shit and i don't rate Barcelona at all after watching this game. . . . .
Real Madrid coulda as well leave their goal open to concede more goals.
The defending is shocking. . . . . .Non-existent.

Barcelona cannot beat Stoke or Bolton(teams who put 10 men behind the ball).

Its hard to take anyone that says stuff like that seriously.
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by Cristalz(f): 9:09pm On May 02, 2009
@David
 A game is judged by what happens from the 1st to the 90th minute, unless there has to be a winner.

Within those 90 minutes, Liverpool put in 4 goals, not 6. Anything else after those 90 minutes is null and void, so you don't have a point there grin.

Fact remains that Liverpool didn't have as much skill as Chelsea did when they took their game to them and made them sweat for that draw. EPL classics leave you panting on your feet!
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by FBS: 9:11pm On May 02, 2009
Krayola:

M'boro is not a top team. Teams bet bashed once in a while.

But in a top table clash like this, 6-2 is called humiliation.

Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by Sauron1: 9:13pm On May 02, 2009
Krayola:

Its hard to take anyone that says stuff like that seriously.

Barcelona have played 3 games against English sides without scoring.
Man Utd 0-0
Man Utd 0-1
Chelsea 0-0.

Wednesday will tell us how good they are. . . . . . .
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by FBS: 9:14pm On May 02, 2009
My boy JM is about to clinch the Scudetto. let me take a glance of what is going on. wink
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by Akolawole(m): 9:42pm On May 02, 2009
Krayola:

Thats a lie.

They do beat chelsea by 3 goals.
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by dayokanu(m): 10:02pm On May 02, 2009

I used to think FBS knew his footie but this statement confirms otherwise

Chelsea 5 Man Utd 0 (1999/2000)

Chelsea 0 Man Utd 3

Man Utd 6 Arsenal 1

Liverpool 1 Chelsea 4 (2005/2006)

Man utd 1 Liverpool 4 (March 2009)

Man Utd 4 Arsenal 0 (Last year FA Cup)

And recently Man Utd 3 Chelsea 0

Do you want more?  Can you explain the above scorelines?
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by Sauron1: 10:15pm On May 02, 2009
@ DayoTWATnu,

That is not the point.
Show me a decent league where one team scored 100 LEAGUE goals with +72 GD.
La Liga is comical. . . . . . .Something needs to be done.
Not even Arsene Wenger's INVINCIBLE or Mourinho's Chelsea side of 2004/5 scored 100 league goals with 4 games to go.
At this rate, Barca will score 120 goals in the league alone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

AC Milan Vs Inter Milan (0 - 1) On Sun 15th January 2012 / INFOGRAPHICS: Messi Vs Ronaldo (2009 – 2013) / Dstv Regains Lucrative English Premiership Rights In $100m Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.