Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,614 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live (7783 Views)

Poll: Who grabs all three points in this classic encounter?

Real Madrid: 20% (4 votes)
Barcelona: 75% (15 votes)
Draw: 5% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Manchester United Vs West Brom (0 - 1) On 2nd May 2015 / Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 6) On 30th August 2014 / El Clasico: Real Madrid Vs Barca [0 - 2] on Sat, 10th April (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by FBS: 10:18am On May 05, 2009
ok maybe I should rephrase? you folks really think that the La Liga is better than the EPL?
May I add that it is the UCL that in most cases determine the best leagues, correct?

What you guys fail to see is this, there were seasons ago when Serie A ruled, when La Liga did same. But now, EPL bangs them all. simple.
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by eyonigger(m): 11:06am On May 05, 2009
Ok now if Barca wins the Champions league, laliga is the best, take it or leave it.
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by FBS: 11:22am On May 05, 2009
@eyo, na werin? cheesy The EPL is not a team, hope you know that?  wink
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by eyonigger(m): 12:03pm On May 05, 2009
FBS, You guys are claiming the EPL is the best because Man-U are the defending champs of the CL, thats why I said if Barca wins it, then Laliga is the best, I dnt care if 3 epl Teams made it to the semis.

Who wins it is tha koko.
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by FBS: 12:07pm On May 05, 2009
eyonigger:

FBS, You guys are claiming the EPL is the best because Man-U are the defending champs of the CL, thats why I said if Barca wins it, then Laliga is the best, I dnt care if 3 epl Teams made it to the semis.

Who wins it is tha koko.
@eyonigger, No. aint claiming shait. The bolded part is what I'm talking about. You gotta care about it. Take it or leave it.
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by dayokanu(m): 12:54pm On May 05, 2009
Certainly those were equally bad results (trouncing, bashing etc but none of those compared to the 2-6 humiliation). WTF?? when was the last time Barca did a double on RM and in an El derbi español?in 1998? or maybe because I personally expected a different result.
Scratch your brain 'cos I know you fully understand what I'm talking about. stop play acting.

I dont understand.
You mean Man Utd 6 Arsenal 1, Chelsea 5 man Utd 0 and Man Utd 4 Arsenal 0 are not as bad as 6-2 mauling of Real Madrid? I dont understand you.

What you guys fail to see is this, there were seasons ago when Serie A ruled, when La Liga did same. But now, EPL bangs them all. simple.

When Serie A ruled They ruled both in CL and UEFA cup when German Bundesliga ruled they did in both Cl -Dortmund and UEFA cup Schalke 1997, when La Liga ruled they did in both competition Barca and Sevilla 2006

Until the EPL does that I cant regard them as the best cos In my books Tottenham, Aston Villa, Portsmouth and Man City that were disgraced out of the UEFA cup are EPL sides too or aint they?
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by FBS: 1:27pm On May 05, 2009
dayokanu:

I dont understand.
You mean Man Utd 6 Arsenal 1, Chelsea 5 man Utd 0 and Man Utd 4 Arsenal 0 are not as bad as 6-2 mauling of Real Madrid? I dont understand you.
I asked you, when was the last time Barca did a double on RM and with such a margin? 11 seasons ago and I obviously expected a different result given that RM could redeem some pride and prevent the double. What I did not envisage was the score line. The supposedly best league by your own words?

Or wait a minute, how do you categorise the best league? Maybe we should start from there? no?

dayokanu:
When Serie A ruled They ruled both in CL and UEFA cup when German Bundesliga ruled they did in both Cl -Dortmund and UEFA cup Schalke 1997, when La Liga ruled they did in both competition Barca and Sevilla 2006
You and I know that the UCL is the ultimate (UEFA comes second). so drop that UEFA cup angle. ok?
Sevilla are still among the top 4 clubs in spain, Schalke still hot in Germany (though they are totally shait this season), whereas T'ham, AV and Man City are not a top side in the EPL (I wont take it otherwise as they are yet to prove it) and that should show you that its damn tough to get up there.
FT has been red hot since he joined L'pool and I tell you, Villa et all, would soon follow. You need any more proof?
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by Krayola(m): 1:30pm On May 05, 2009
dayokanu:

That where I am different, I watch all the leagues before making my judgment unlike most people who watch only EPL and tell us Blackburn Rovers is the best team.

EXACTLY!!! Its obvious these people only watch the EPL. Ask them to name 4 players on Sevilla, Valencia or Atletico madrid (not to mention the mid-lower table teams)and they'll have to go on Wikipedia,  they are just talking and have no clue what they are talking about.
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by FBS: 1:33pm On May 05, 2009
Krayola:

EXACTLY!!! Its obvious these people only watch the EPL. Ask them to name 4 players on Sevilla, Valencia or Atletico madrid (not to mention the mid-lower table teams)and they'll have to go on Wikipedia, they are just talking and have no clue what they are talking about.
oh, na you get clue abi? can you name 2 players playing for Numancia? I bet my spit that you are going on Wikipedia right about now. No?
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by dayokanu(m): 1:40pm On May 05, 2009

Or wait a minute, how do you categorise the best league? Maybe we should start from there? no?

The best league is anyone the dominates BOTH Uefa competitions

You and I know that the UCL is the ultimate (UEFA comes second). so drop that UEFA cup angle. ok?

Why should we drop UEFA cup? I think every league in Europe participates.

Simple analogy. Your first son is the best student in Primary 5, Your othr son is the worst in Primary 4 would it make sense to say that The FBS family are the smartest in the school?

FT has been red hot since he joined L'pool and I tell you, Villa et all, would soon follow suit. You need any more proof?

Fernando Torres said it that he couldnt imagine that defenders and goalkeepers could be so stupid they way they are in EPL. This was a player that never scored 15 goals in all his years in La Liga

Spanish super-striker Fernando Torres has risked becoming public enemy number one amongst opponents next season by publicly ridiculing the ability of Premiership keepers and defenders. He also raised eyebrows by suggesting that Chelsea stars Petr Cech and Ricardo Carvalho are two of the only people in England's top division who really know how to keep the ball out of the net.

“The rest of the Premier keepers tend to come out at you and throw themselves down at the ball too quickly

“In general, that’s the reason so many goals in England are scored when a striker dribbles right or left and the keeper goes down at his feet. But if you anticipate what’s coming, it’s easier to score," he added.

“The central defenders are usually big, strong, aggressive lads. I guess it is probably because of these characteristics that the majority think they can solve problems by getting tough with me.

“But the truth is most of them lack defensive positioning as a result of their reliance on strength and aggression and leave so much space for you to take advantage of

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=723987
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by Krayola(m): 1:41pm On May 05, 2009
FBS:

oh, na you get clue abi? can you name 2 players playing for Numancia? I bet my spit that you are going on Wikipedia right about now. No?

Haha,  Guayre. Used to play for Villarreal a while back.  But thats the only one i know actually so you are not far off. Numancia just got back to top flight football.  But in case you missed it my list had the top teams in Spain after Barca and Madrid. Why didn't you ask me to name the whole Arsenal and Aston Villa squads,  I could have done that no problem.
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by FBS: 1:54pm On May 05, 2009
dayokanu:

The best league is anyone the dominates BOTH Uefa competitions
Why should we drop UEFA cup? I think every league in Europe participates.
very interesting, now we can say no league is better at the moment because for the last 2 seasons or so, both cups went to 2 different leagues. Is that correct? The last time this happened was 05-06 (Barca & Sevillia respectively) , correct?

dayokanu:
Simple analogy. Your first son is the best student in Primary 5, Your othr son is the worst in Primary 4 would it make sense to say that The FBS family are the smartest in the school?
2 of your children won the best student prizes in 2005 & 2006 but your every other child has failed to even graduate since then. will that also be correct? Would that make sense that the Dayokanu family are the brightest?

dayokanu:
Fernando Torres said it that he couldnt imagine that defenders and goalkeepers could be so stupid they way they are in EPL. This was a player that never scored 15 goals in all his years in La Liga
http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=723987
Torres was always the golden boy even before he came to L'pool. He was fantastic back at AM.
21 goals in 03-04
20 goals in 04-05
15 goals in 06-07

So what exactly are you saying?
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by FBS: 2:12pm On May 05, 2009
Krayola:

Haha, Guayre. Used to play for Villarreal a while back. But thats the only one i know actually so you are not far off. Numancia just got back to top flight football. But in case you missed it my list had the top teams in Spain after Barca and Madrid. Why didn't you ask me to name the whole Arsenal and Aston Villa squads, I could have done that no problem.
You missed the point: Everyone has the right to proclaim superiority in terms of the teams/league they support but what I'm saying is this, for the fact that most folks on NL dont talk about La Liga doesnt mean they dont watch it.I do. I try not to miss any match and God so good, they come after EPL matches smiley. . Most simply/probably find the EPL more attractive (not only 'cos of the teams they support etc) but also due to the publicity the EPL recieves (you confessed to it. You can name most players in the AV squad). And that is the power of the league: They are clearly on top. At least for now.
PS: I accept that La Liga can be fun, scoring like mad, dribbling etc (but hey, I can get more of same watching the Campeonato Brasileiro or the Apertura).
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by honeric01(m): 2:14pm On May 05, 2009
FBS:

Torres was always the golden boy even before he came to L'pool. He was fantastic back at AM.
21 goals in 03-04
20 goals in 04-05
15 goals in 06-07

So what exactly are you saying?

FBS, i stand to be corrected but did FT score all these goals your highlighted in both league and other tournaments or just in the league
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by khanye(m): 2:18pm On May 05, 2009
FBS:

You missed the point: Everyone has the right to proclaim superiority in terms of the teams/league they support but what I'm saying is this, for the fact that most folks on NL dont talk about La Liga doesnt mean they dont watch it.I do. [b]I try not to miss any match an[/b]d God so good, they come after EPL matches smiley. . Most simply/probably find the EPL more attractive (not only 'cos of the teams they support etc) but also due to the publicity the EPL recieves (you confessed to it. You can name most players in the AV squad). And that is the power of the league: They are clearly on top. At least for now.
PS: I accept that La Liga can be fun, scoring like mad, dribbling etc (but hey, I can get more of same watching the Campeonato Brasileiro or the Apertura).

Name 3 players from Recreativo Huelva!
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by FBS: 2:29pm On May 05, 2009
ruben, Guerrero, Sisi, Colunga

Look, enough of this games. If you feel La Liga is better. fine. UCL for the next 2/ 3 season will prove it.

And if you think I dont watch La Liga, thats also fine with me but let me tell you this, dont ever understimate those that you cannot see.
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by dayokanu(m): 2:35pm On May 05, 2009
Torres averages 15 league goals per season while in La Liga. He never scored 20 goals until he came to porous EPL

He confessed that he has never seen such stupid defenders and goalkeepers in his whole life.

“But the truth is most of them lack defensive positioning as a result of their reliance on strength and aggression and leave so much space for you to take advantage of
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by Krayola(m): 2:46pm On May 05, 2009
FBS:

You missed the point: Everyone has the right to proclaim superiority in terms of the teams/league they support

Unlike a lot of others here, you talk sense so I apologize if i came off a little bit rude.

I think you are missing the point. We are not claiming La Liga is the best BECAUSE that is the league we support. We are saying it is the best because that is what UEFA says. It is a fact and not our subjective judgement. it is EPL fans that are ignoring all evidence and reason and defending their League.

When you consider last year alone,  England is the best League,  Not because I said so, but because UEFA says so

"England lead the way with 75.499 points from Spain (75.266) and Italy (60.285). France are fourth on 52.668 points, followed by Germany (48.722) and Russia (42.500)."
As you can see despite three English teams making it to the Semis and no Spanish team making it, England only narrowly edge out Spain,  the reason is that the smaller english teams perform so miserably in the UEFA cup, that it drags down the ranking of the League as a whole. After all a league isn't just made up of the top 4 teams.

This is from UEFA.com
Spain set 2007/08 standard

Spain's recent success in UEFA club competition is reflected by the fact they once again lead the way in UEFA's coefficient rankings of member associations for the 2007/08 campaign.

UEFA Club Competitions
Associations' Coefficient Ranking
Ass. +/- 02/03 03/04 04/05 05/06 06/07 Total
ESP = 15.500 14.312 12.437 15.642 19.000 76.891
ENG +1 10.666 11.250 15.571 14.428 16.625 68.540
ITA -1 15.928 8.875 14.000 15.357 11.928 66.088

FRA = 7.916 13.500 11.428 10.812 10.000 53.656
GER = 9.142 4.714 10.571 10.437 9.500 44.364

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/keytopics/kind=64/newsid=436763.html

This is an aggregate of the last 5 years,  as you can see Spain leads by a long shot,  that is because the spanish teams are more consistently strong across the board, and not just the teams with an abundance of resources.

I mean,  these are hard facts,  evidence that any honest person should not overlook. The bottom line is that only the top 4 in England are very strong. The rest are weak and below European standard.

I have class in 15mins so i gotta run,  ciao
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by khanye(m): 2:54pm On May 05, 2009
dayokanu:

Torres averages 15 league goals per season while in La Liga. He never scored 20 goals until he came to porous EPL

He confessed that he has never seen such stupid defenders and goalkeepers in his whole life.

But the truth is most of them lack defensive positioning as a result of their reliance on strength and aggression and leave so much space for you to take advantage of

It's too easy cheesy
Robinho got 13 or 14 goals now
he will be the highest goal scorer next season wink
EPL defenders are fool!

FBS:

ruben, Guerrero, Sisi, Colunga

Look, enough of this games. If you feel La Liga is better. fine. UCL for the next 2/ 3 season will prove it.

And if you think I dont watch La Liga, thats also fine with me but let me tell you this, dont ever understimate those that you cannot see.

When was the last time a english side got to UEFA cup final?
after the big 4, the rest are shit! >:
Re: Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live by honeric01(m): 11:51am On May 06, 2009
Krayola:

Unlike a lot of others here, you talk sense so I apologize if i came off a little bit rude.

I think you are missing the point. We are not claiming La Liga is the best BECAUSE that is the league we support. We are saying it is the best because that is what UEFA says. It is a fact and not our subjective judgement. it is EPL fans that are ignoring all evidence and reason and defending their League.

When you consider last year alone, England is the best League, Not because I said so, but because UEFA says so

"England lead the way with 75.499 points from Spain (75.266) and Italy (60.285). France are fourth on 52.668 points, followed by Germany (48.722) and Russia (42.500)."
As you can see despite three English teams making it to the Semis and no Spanish team making it, England only narrowly edge out Spain, the reason is that the smaller english teams perform so miserably in the UEFA cup, that it drags down the ranking of the League as a whole. After all a league isn't just made up of the top 4 teams.

This is from UEFA.com
Spain set 2007/08 standard

Spain's recent success in UEFA club competition is reflected by the fact they once again lead the way in UEFA's coefficient rankings of member associations for the 2007/08 campaign.

UEFA Club Competitions
Associations' Coefficient Ranking
Ass. +/- 02/03 03/04 04/05 05/06 06/07 Total
ESP = 15.500 14.312 12.437 15.642 19.000 76.891
ENG +1 10.666 11.250 15.571 14.428 16.625 68.540
ITA -1 15.928 8.875 14.000 15.357 11.928 66.088

FRA = 7.916 13.500 11.428 10.812 10.000 53.656
GER = 9.142 4.714 10.571 10.437 9.500 44.364

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/keytopics/kind=64/newsid=436763.html

This is an aggregate of the last 5 years, as you can see Spain leads by a long shot, that is because the spanish teams are more consistently strong across the board, and not just the teams with an abundance of resources.

I mean, these are hard facts, evidence that any honest person should not overlook. The bottom line is that only the top 4 in England are very strong. The rest are weak and below European standard.

I have class in 15mins so i gotta run, ciao

Thanks my brother, you will live long. the problem with these people is that they only base their evidence on just the top 4 and ignore the rest 16.

TOTALLY WRONG!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

AC Milan Vs Inter Milan (0 - 1) On Sun 15th January 2012 / INFOGRAPHICS: Messi Vs Ronaldo (2009 – 2013) / Dstv Regains Lucrative English Premiership Rights In $100m Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.