Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,833 members, 7,851,826 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:49 AM

Olusola Ayoka Na Sowegbe-fela - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olusola Ayoka Na Sowegbe-fela (674 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Fela Kuti Wearing Pant To Play Table Tennis / Olusola Adeyeye Emerges Senate Chief-Whip / Ayoka Lawani, PDP Member Defects To APC!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olusola Ayoka Na Sowegbe-fela by vwvw(m): 1:47pm On Apr 29, 2009
Carpenter wey no know im work, na sowegbe-(a Yoruba word for a loafer), Tailor wey no know im work, na sowegbe’. This is a popular refrain from one of late Afro beat star Fela Anikulapo Kuti’s hits of the 70’s; one that aptly describes the recent resignation of the Ekiti State Resident Electoral commissioner, Mrs Olusola Ayoka Adebayo. In a letter which by now could debatably become the letter of the year and perhaps the most controversial letter in Nigeria’s history penned in three paragraphs but has drawn admirably a landmark readership base and attracted all facets of reactions since it was released to the public. The love gone sour terse note gave the author’s reason for resigning as her deep seated respect for the rule of law and her Christian inclination.

The INEC chairman, Maurice Iwu was the most expressive of all the respondents. His usually stone cold ghoulish personae were amplified as he moon walked past several reporters who had laid siege at the presidential villa. He just stared, dumb as a basenji, http://connectafrica./2009/04/29/felas-nigeria-ekitis-house-of-comedy/
Re: Olusola Ayoka Na Sowegbe-fela by vwvw(m): 4:31pm On Apr 29, 2009
;d
Re: Olusola Ayoka Na Sowegbe-fela by RichyBlacK(m): 5:10pm On Apr 29, 2009
Interesting. I like the way you linked it up to one of my mentors.
Re: Olusola Ayoka Na Sowegbe-fela by wholex(m): 5:49pm On Apr 29, 2009
@vwwv

How can u call a 74 yr ld woman , sowegbe, Do yu have a mother at all

What has she done to deserve such name calling

I pity u
Re: Olusola Ayoka Na Sowegbe-fela by vwvw(m): 5:53pm On Apr 29, 2009
@ wholex grin well i didn't call her abamieda did. anyhow it appears she's taken my advice. so if she conforms then you can call her[b] PAKO[/b]

(1) (Reply)

Question About The Constitution / Nigeria Should Be Divided / Making A Contribution In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.