Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Is It Possible To Love Others More Than Urself? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Possible To Love Others More Than Urself? (2690 Views)

Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? / How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. / If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Love Others More Than Urself? by Free(f): 1:11am On Oct 11, 2006
The Bible says,
'We are wonderfully and reverfully made' (Ps. 139:14 PP).
What that means is that our lifeforce is precious in God's sight so how much more should we daily thank God for our lifeforce?

Love Yourself for you are precious in God's sight. In this respect, everyone is born with self-esteem and should maintain it on this merit alone.

If you feel your soul is in right-standing with God, then you should all the more be proud of who you are. The soul/spirit is the essence of who we are and if God tells us to Love, respect, and value our body/Temple how much more the soul? You are a completed person and that's all that matters.

Now as you are so 'completed' daily thank God for your health and strength because it is a gift. Your eyesight, hearing, ability to walk, talk, think, function are priceless gifts that we too often take for granted. Just let one aspect be taken from you and you will come to value the pricelessness of good health.

Also, if you are following the spiritual principles as expressed in the Bible then you should walk in the highest esteem as you know you are doing all the good things that should bring peace, prosperity and happiness. If you are treating all fairly then when Satan's opposition comes against you, just crush it with the weapon of truth. That done, continue on in the righteous, peaceful spirit that is about you.

I hear many people say that we should not love others more than we love ourselves
And if I give my life to save someone else's life, will you still say that I love myself more than this person?
Re: Is It Possible To Love Others More Than Urself? by Oracle(m): 1:36am On Oct 11, 2006
I think itz possible to Love others than you Love yourself, but the Bible specifically told us to "Love your Neighbor as Yourself": Which means you must first love yourself then Love your Neighbor just as you love yourself and not more than you love yourself.

Re: Is It Possible To Love Others More Than Urself? by glow(f): 9:49am On Oct 11, 2006
its possible to love ur neighbour as urself if u have agape love as Christ did

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Died For The Sins Of Mankind? / Power In Names / How Was Church Service Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.