Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,081 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God (51170 Views)

10 Bible Verses To Read On OVERCOMING TRIALS / 10 Bible Verses On Tithing / 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by jcross19: 4:58pm On Oct 18, 2015
eleko1:
GOD still answer prayer.GOD doesn't move by Ur tear,wailing,rolling on the floor/cry.There are prayer that get to the throne of GRACE/MERCY not the half hearted bread and butter prayer we Cal prayer.The good book says b4 we Kal,HE ANSWER.The secret of answer Prayer is asking according to HIS WILL.
how do you know that? Are you sure look nobody can know how God answer prayers your tears can touch him if the tears come from broken hearted not crocodile tears. God works in a way that pleases him and that will bring Glory to His name. Please no body can boastfully say this is how God works so please keep quiet.
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by kraftsta(m): 5:15pm On Oct 18, 2015
eleko1:
GOD still answer prayer.GOD doesn't move by Ur tear,wailing,rolling on the floor/cry.There are prayer that get to the throne of GRACE/MERCY not the half hearted bread and butter prayer we Cal prayer.The good book says b4 we Kal,HE ANSWER.The secret of answer Prayer is asking according to HIS WILL.
Pls wat are d measures/rules dat ensures u are asking according to his will?
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by simplisity(m): 5:18pm On Oct 18, 2015
God bless u
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by Dannan: 6:04pm On Oct 18, 2015
Praise JEHOVAH, This really helped me.
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by wiznuel(m): 6:05pm On Oct 18, 2015
pls can someone tell where I can download a good Christian book
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by StarryV(f): 6:10pm On Oct 18, 2015
ifeness:
You need to burn the bible
Why?
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by eleko1: 6:13pm On Oct 18, 2015
Thank u.God WILL isn't bottled up in the the heaven, it is with us here.The good book says,he who ask receive, seek find,knock shall open.How?Open ur Bible and search for ur area of need.Health, wealth, prosperity etc.Once u locate it,pray it.The word IT IS WRITTEN, THOUS SAYS THE LORD isn't nursery school rhythm.When U locate for instance, He sent his word and healed them and delivered them from destruction /I am the the Lord that heal u. U now address the situation Base on the word not God. 2, He says ask me (Lord Jesus,Ur word says so so.which is the way out of so so and so).The secret of God of the Lord is with them that FEAR HIM Psm 25:14.If u do what Jesus do,u'll have the same answer without sweating. It is not magic,IT IS EXERCISE. REMEMBER, FAITH WITHOUT WORK IS DEAD
kraftsta:

Pls wat are d measures/rules dat ensures u are asking according to his will?

1 Like

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by eleko1: 6:21pm On Oct 18, 2015
U are too small. Tell me where it is written that"As they began to roll on the floor /cry,the Lord answered them " He says Pray not cry. As they began to PRAY Acts 4:31 not as they began to cry.
jcross19:
how do you know that? Are you sure look nobody can know how God answer prayers your tears can touch him if the tears come from broken hearted not crocodile tears. God works in a way that pleases him and that will bring Glory to His name. Please no body can boastfully say this is how God works so please keep quiet.
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by wengerly(m): 6:58pm On Oct 18, 2015
Joshuabase:
how can Africans be so dedicated to a religion that was forced upon their ancestors by another culture?

This Baffles me, do we really see the white man as Superiors even till ttoday?

How does this change the need for one to pray effectively? The void in your life needs to be filled...and only God almighty can do that.

1 Like

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by thexzy(m): 7:08pm On Oct 18, 2015
iliyande:
Christians pray, but we don't always feel we're very good at it.

Christians pray – it's what we do. But sometimes we don't feel like it, sometimes we wonder what it's achieving, and sometimes we just don't know how.

Here is a framework for prayer based on the word ACTS:

Adoration: begin by remembering who God is and praising him for his creation and redemption.

Confession: admit that you are not the person you ought to be and bring to mind the things that you've done wrong. Say you're sorry.

Thanksgiving: spend time thinking about the good things in your life and thank God for them. Count your blessings.

Supplication: last of all, ask God for things. We may not understand how prayer 'works', but we can still believe God hears us when we pray.

We can learn a lot about prayer from seeing how people prayed in the Bible. When we do that we see that they didn't always find it easy either and that they probably had many of the same questions and frustrations that we do.

So here are 10 verses to encourage us as we think about prayer (all NIV).

1. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4: 6-7)

2. When you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words (Matthew 6:7).

3. When you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind (James 1:6).

4. Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective (James 5:16).

5. When hard pressed, I cried to the Lord; he brought me into a spacious place (Psalm 118:5).

6. I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you (Matthew 5:44).

7. In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans (Romans 8:26).

8. The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth (Psalm 145:18).

9. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9).

10. Pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17).

Cc:lalasticlala
I love spiritual food like this very one...You digest it and watch your spirit, body & soul uplifted for life

1 Like

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by wengerly(m): 7:12pm On Oct 18, 2015
hahn:

Why dhould I bother praying to something that doesn't exist. Despite the prayers you and your deluded lots keep deceiving yourselves with, Nigeria is only better than war torn countries.

Your god is only a figment of your imagination. The next time your family member is sick, take them to the church instead of a hospital.

Even pastors take medication and then thank a god that didn't do anything to make them better. You know why? Even they don't believe that igbe

You are correct my dear friend, Psalms 14:1 has summarized the matter.

This same God has promised me divine health and I can confidently tell you that for almost 5 years I've not had a single headache neither have I swallowed any medication. I pray that you will find Him and come to full reality. Jesus Saves...

1 Like

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 18, 2015
hahn:
The only reason why prayer seems hard is because you are talking to your imagination. How can something that doesn't exist answer your prayers?

And god has to stoop so low and demand all these things just to answer a prayer? undecided
low self esteem!grade up ur mentality.
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by wengerly(m): 7:20pm On Oct 18, 2015
DedeNkem:
There's NO f*ucking god!

I absolutely agree with you. Indeed there is "NO f*ucking god"; Only the Almighty God, Creator of Heaven & earth exist.

He Reigns Supreme...Hallelujah!

3 Likes

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 18, 2015
Onlyhandsome:
pls friends I can't create a topic datz y am writing here. but if u can help me to create one. I've dis health challenges now, am currently have a serious itching in my anus and I don't no wat to do. pls I need advice and anybody who has suffered such can help asap. if dot mind help me n make it a topic for discussion as to get full in-house advice. thanks as u help.
chai! Nah e be say u go get steady smellyy fingers. I won't take groundnut from u cheesycheesy

Well, just google about 'haemorhoids'. See if u have some of its symptoms. Otherwise, it cud be something I know not of.
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 18, 2015
wengerly:

How does this change the need for one to pray effectively? The void in your life needs to be filled...and only God almighty can do that.

you and your imaginary god can go ffuck yourselves

1 Like

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by GreatManBee: 7:35pm On Oct 18, 2015
iliyande:
Christians pray, but we don't always feel we're very good at it.

Christians pray – it's what we do. But sometimes we don't feel like it, sometimes we wonder what it's achieving, and sometimes we just don't know how.

Here is a framework for prayer based on the word ACTS:

Adoration: begin by remembering who God is and praising him for his creation and redemption.

Confession: admit that you are not the person you ought to be and bring to mind the things that you've done wrong. Say you're sorry.

Thanksgiving: spend time thinking about the good things in your life and thank God for them. Count your blessings.

Supplication: last of all, ask God for things. We may not understand how prayer 'works', but we can still believe God hears us when we pray.

We can learn a lot about prayer from seeing how people prayed in the Bible. When we do that we see that they didn't always find it easy either and that they probably had many of the same questions and frustrations that we do.

So here are 10 verses to encourage us as we think about prayer (all NIV).

1. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4: 6-7)

2. When you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words (Matthew 6:7).

3. When you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind (James 1:6).

4. Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective (James 5:16).

5. When hard pressed, I cried to the Lord; he brought me into a spacious place (Psalm 118:5).

6. I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you (Matthew 5:44).

7. In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans (Romans 8:26).

8. The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth (Psalm 145:18).

9. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9).

10. Pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17).

Cc:lalasticlala
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by wengerly(m): 8:07pm On Oct 18, 2015
Joshuabase:

you and your imaginary god can go ffuck yourselves

It's just impossible that we can't ffuck ourselves...it's not permitted in the Kingdom of the Lord God Almighty.
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by dannewlife(m): 8:30pm On Oct 18, 2015
Adoration
Confession
Thanksgiving and
Supplication !

Thanks for the formula !

1 Like

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by jcross19: 8:51pm On Oct 18, 2015
eleko1:
U are too small. Tell me where it is written that"As they began to roll on the floor /cry,the Lord answered them " He says Pray not cry. As they began to PRAY Acts 4:31 not as they began to cry.
whats the meaning of contrite heart and a broken hearted?
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by jcross19: 9:00pm On Oct 18, 2015
eleko1:
whats the meaning of contrite heart and a broken hearted? Like what i have saidn you are just a mortal man and you can never know how God works so please keep quiet . God is untraceable , a God you cant predict HIS mind. Go and sleep joooor.
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by eleko1: 9:10pm On Oct 18, 2015
U see I don't engage a kid..I repeat,U are too small. Read 2 Cor 5:21,Matt 5:4,Luke 18:10-14.Isa 6:5.,57:15. I dnt just read the bible,I eat/squeeze the content.
jcross19:
whats the meaning of contrite heart and a broken hearted? Like what i have saidn you are just a mortal man and you can never know how God works so please keep quiet . God is untraceable , a God you cant predict HIS mind. Go and sleep joooor.
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by eleko1: 9:17pm On Oct 18, 2015
Brokeness,fear of God's word,humble.Gulity conscience/consciousness
jcross19:
whats the meaning of contrite heart and a broken hearted?
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by Mrbigman1(m): 9:28pm On Oct 18, 2015
eleko1:

Guy, u re just good.

I for shake u but I no dey see u.

1 Like

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by eleko1: 9:35pm On Oct 18, 2015
Mrbigman1:

Guy, u re just good.

I for shake u but I no dey see u.
Thank God.To Him all the praise /gratitude. And again to my mentor Pastor Kumuyi/David Oyedepo.All the issue of life have solution.Nothing work until we WORK it.God says we are god.That is why Jesus can breakthrough, we too can do.U dnt go about collecting prayer,God has given us mouth not just for eating.We face the situation /challenge in prayer(speak )to the situation in the name of Jesus. .If we do wot Jesus did,we'll the same answer because He says He has given us POWER.FEET WASHING, HOLY COMMUNION,ANOINTING OIL (ALL DIS ARE THE WISDOM OF GOD HANDLE OVA TO US.
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by Mrbigman1(m): 9:36pm On Oct 18, 2015
Onlyhandsome:
pls friends I can't create a topic datz y am writing here. but if u can help me to create one. I've dis health challenges now, am currently have a serious itching in my anus and I don't no wat to do. pls I need advice and anybody who has suffered such can help asap. if dot mind help me n make it a topic for discussion as to get full in-house advice. thanks as u help.

Sorry for ur plight.

Go to d home page, look for health, lick on it, den go down a bit den u'd see Create new topic. Click and get ur prayer answered
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by eleko1: 9:56pm On Oct 18, 2015
Mrbigman1:

Sorry for ur plight.

Go to d home page, look for health, lick on it, den go down a bit den u'd see Create new topic. Click and get ur prayer answered
Restoration to him IJN.He shudder instead type NAIRELAND ON HAEMORRHAGE /pile.His best bet is to visit ur doctor/pharmacy not self help.It is well
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by simdam500(m): 10:25pm On Oct 18, 2015
Jeromejnr: Y'all can google the Cokeville Elementary Miracle.

A movie was just made on it. It was a true story.

God indeed answers prayers if you could trust Him.

Hope it's not nollywood?
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by Jeromejnr(m): 10:30pm On Oct 18, 2015
simdam500:

Hope it's not nollywood?

I don't do Nollywood mehn.

It's a U.S story.
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by simdam500(m): 10:46pm On Oct 18, 2015
Jeromejnr:

I don't do Nollywood mehn.

It's a U.S story.

Alright sir, would certainly check it out!
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by bummyla(m): 10:48pm On Oct 18, 2015
Thank You Jesus! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by bobestman(m): 11:00pm On Oct 18, 2015
11.INTERCESSION.Pray for your country and other 4 peace to reign.Pray for churches,pastors,peoples etc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Caption This Picture Of Kumuyi Preaching To Aregbesola / Pictures From The Dedication Of RCCG City Of David Trinity Towers / Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Gives N500k To Members Wgo Dropped 50 As Offering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.