Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

The Nice Guy Who's Always There - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Nice Guy Who's Always There (887 Views)

Lady Shares The Message She Recieved From A Guy Who Is Wooing Her / A Lady's Response To A Guy Who Sent Her A Pic Of His Genitals / When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nice Guy Who's Always There by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 18, 2015
Yes, I am one of those. The permanent member of “The Singles” club and after reading lots of forwards titled something like “The virtues of being single” and all, I am still not convinced that I am not a l-o-s-e-r. I am one of those infinite men in the universe who end up being just friends with the girls rather than their respective boyfriends. I have some - job, my own place (which only guys visit to watch football on weekends, and one or two girls when they need to charge their phones), not bad looking. I don’t smoke and I drink socially, a drop or two. I don’t have any bad habits as such. I don’t bore people much (I know this because at times when I really bore them they ask me to shut up and this hasn’t happened many times). And yet for some unfathomable reasons I am single.

Things I often get to hear from girls are:

1) You are so sweet.

2) You are so cute.

3) You are my best friend.

4) It’s great to have you around.

And well, you have to be sweet when a girl calls you that and you have to be around (not with) because you are good if you are doing that.

Things I don’t get to hear are:

1) I love you.

2) You are so sexy.

3) I wish to spend my whole life with you.

4) You want to come visit me?

5) Kiss me! Now!

And now after so many years of not listening to these lines, I am beginning to believe that I will never ever get to hear them.

I don’t know what is wrong with me. Why do I always end up becoming friends with girls!? I have seen guys who are, well, “not-so-gentlemen”, to put mildly, going out with the best of the girls, having fun, ditching them or being ditched by them, still being happy and finding a new girl whom they can actually introduce as “my new girlfriend” without the girl feeling bad about it. And the only thing I end up saying is, “There goes another"

I remember there was this day I decided that I wont be a nice guy anymore and the very day a friend-girl broke with her boy-friend, she calls me up to meet me (that’s the exact time when girls actually remember me) and I am prepared to take my chances. So here is a girl, single and talking to a changed me. The new me. The straight-talking me.

“You deserve it”, I say, “for going out with a player” And I am about to say why she needs to be with a guy who can hold her and all when she says, “Oh! You are so nice. I wish my boyfriend was like you.” and starts crying on my shoulder.

I mean W-H-AT–T-H-E–H-E-L-L!!! I am being bad and still I am good and she wants the bad guy to be like me and doesn’t want me. And that’s when I actually understood the meaning of the song I had been listening to since I was in j.s.s 3

It was one of sisqo's. Old school!!

Its simply says “My life will be made if someone like you walks into it”. Get it? Like you – not YOU.

So that’s my story. I don’t believe in the posts that tell me why its great to be single but then there’s nothing I can do to actually compare the two modes of life: committed and single.

And I don’t think that my so-called friend-girls (not girlfriends) will ever realize that my friendship could actually be my love? But then, I can’t sulk about it, can I?, because I am the nice guy who is always around.

3 Likes

Re: The Nice Guy Who's Always There by falconey(m): 10:10am On Oct 18, 2015
undecided
Re: The Nice Guy Who's Always There by IamLEGEND1: 10:11am On Oct 18, 2015

what guys never seem to realise is that you should never get urself stuck in the friendzone no matter what.

it's much better to be the douche bag who she starts avoiding than to lock urself up in that no-go area.

hoping that one day,after all those players have broken her heart and you provided a shoulder to cry on at every instance.....

she will finally see you for the wonderful, sensitive guy that you are and acknowledge ur affections and hopefully reciprocate them...

well guess what..
itz never gonna happen, coz trust me...if u are already in her friendzone, there is no escaping.

Your residence is permanent.

but in the mean time

2 Likes

Re: The Nice Guy Who's Always There by ATMC(f): 10:12am On Oct 18, 2015
This!
Re: The Nice Guy Who's Always There by Maximillian1: 10:44am On Oct 18, 2015
All I can see is a brother in the friend zone
Re: The Nice Guy Who's Always There by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 18, 2015
Nice One OP....i've been like you too....buh just of recent, I started dating a girl i've been friends with for two years!....
Re: The Nice Guy Who's Always There by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 18, 2015
Una go just dey shout friendzone up and down.
Na mumu guys dey enter the so called friendzone and do NOTHING.

Once dat bae friendzone me, I don't get to date her in the end but I F*CK her and move on.
Any bae friendzone me sef, I dey happy.
Re: The Nice Guy Who's Always There by sanbells(f): 11:25am On Oct 18, 2015
embarassed.... Weeping for you. Buh dun worry it'll be fine. Jez keep being urself. You don't have to change to get a gurl ok
Re: The Nice Guy Who's Always There by 14teenK: 11:30am On Oct 18, 2015
Nice post....don't com. Back telling us u were played
Re: The Nice Guy Who's Always There by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 18, 2015
You dont need to be told 'i love u' be4 u get to fukc her punnay. Ever heard of friends with benefits. Yh, you should be there. You'll get to dig whatever pushe comes your way and leave whenever u feel you're ok with her without any qualms smiley
Re: The Nice Guy Who's Always There by ShakurM(m): 11:42am On Oct 18, 2015
Continu...A shoulder to cry would soon be a Dicck to ride on grin
Re: The Nice Guy Who's Always There by gab264(m): 12:13pm On Oct 18, 2015
PaulCI:
Yes, I am one of those. The permanent member of “The Singles” club and after reading lots of forwards titled something like “The virtues of being single” and all, I am still not convinced that I am not a l-o-s-e-r. I am one of those infinite men in the universe who end up being just friends with the girls rather than their respective boyfriends. I have some - job, my own place (which only guys visit to watch football on weekends, and one or two girls when they need to charge their phones), not bad looking. I don’t smoke and I drink socially, a drop or two. I don’t have any bad habits as such. I don’t bore people much (I know this because at times when I really bore them they ask me to shut up and this hasn’t happened many times). And yet for some unfathomable reasons I am single.

1) You are so sweet.

2) You are so cute.

And well, you have to be sweet when a girl calls you that and you have to be around (not with) because you are good if you are doing that.

1) I love you.

2) You are so sexy.

5) Kiss me! Now!

And now after so many years of not listening to these lines, I am beginning to believe that I will never ever get to hear them.

I don’t know what is wrong with me. Why do I always end up becoming friends with girls!? I have seen guys who are, well, “not-so-gentlemen”, to put mildly, going out with the best of the girls, having fun, ditching them or being ditched by them, still being happy and finding a new girl whom they can actually introduce as “my new girlfriend” without the girl feeling bad about it. And the only thing I end up saying is, “There goes another"

I remember there was this day I decided that I wont be a nice guy anymore and the very day a friend-girl broke with her boy-friend, she calls me up to meet me (that’s the exact time when girls actually remember me) and I am prepared to take my chances. So here is a girl, single and talking to a changed me. The new me. The straight-talking me.

“You deserve it”, I say, “for going out with a player” And I am about to say why she needs to be with a guy who can hold her and all when she says, “Oh! You are so nice. I wish my boyfriend was like you.” and starts crying on my shoulder.

I mean W-H-AT–T-H-E–H-E-L-L!!! I am being bad and still I am good and she wants the bad guy to be like me and doesn’t want me. And that’s when I actually understood the meaning of the song I had been listening to since I was in j.s.s 3

Its simply says “My life will be made if someone like you walks into it”. Get it? Like you – not YOU.

So that’s my story. I don’t believe in the posts that tell me why its great to be single but then there’s nothing I can do to actually compare the two modes of life: committed and single.

And I don’t think that my so-called friend-girls (not girlfriends) will ever realize that my friendship could actually be my love? But then, I can’t sulk about it, can I?, because I am the nice guy who is always around.
Re: The Nice Guy Who's Always There by ENIGMA24(m): 12:25pm On Oct 18, 2015
PaulCI:

1) You are so sweet.

2) You are so cute.

1) I love you.

2) You are so sexy.

5) Kiss me! Now!

IGWE!!!! IGWE!!!!!
IGWE FRIENDZONE MAY YOU LIVE LONG!!!!
#ATULU #EWU'KOTONU

(1) (Reply)

True Love – Does It Happen More Than Once In A lifetime? / 10 Types Of Kisses And Their Meanings / 10 Effective Ways To Keep Your Partner In Love With You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.