Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics (93025 Views)

Man Faints At Car Park After Taking Tramadol For The 1st Time In Onitsha (pics / Lady Goes Gaga After Taking Weed (Photos) / Amina Ibrahim Dies Of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Kano After Taking Septrin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by Fclin: 3:39pm On Oct 18, 2015
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 18, 2015
[size=14pt]I had an episode with this same drugs. My tongue became stiff all of a sudden in the night, and i was gradually swallowing my tongue, i quickly drove down to the hispital (ikeja medical) there they gave me an injection that knocked me out. For the first time in my life i feared i was close to death and kept thinking of my mother. Thank God for my girlfriend who kept calming me down in the car nd Mumsy who kept praying on the phone, and my company's health insurance card oooooo

Guys if you have thyphoid, i would suggest you stay clear of this nonsense drug, or at least tell the doctor of your fears.
[/size]

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by herald9: 3:42pm On Oct 18, 2015
NifemiOlu:
Next time, buy drugs from reputable stores. Find the intact silver panel, scratch, get a message in seconds like this:

OK Authentic Product! Questions? Call 08089261133.Powered by PharmaSecure.

Or

Warning! This PIN has already been verified once. Powered by PharmaSecure

Lastly, people react to drugs in different ways. Maybe it's your body or bad drug.
It's genuine.

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by excptnalcharis: 3:42pm On Oct 18, 2015
I understand how u feel. when I suffered sleeplessness and restlessness for three days I vowed never to near any sulphur-containing drug. Your body system probably reacts to such so please try to see a medical practitioner for better diagnosis and drug prescription.
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by nosiebaba(m): 3:46pm On Oct 18, 2015
herald9:
[b]When I read about some drugs having side effects, I always dismiss such info until I swallowed half a card of 'CIPROTAB' in order to fight off a deadly blow from malaria allied with typhoid fever. What my body is undergoing now can only be imagined...

Dews are settling every now and then on my forehead. It seems a new salty spring have suddenly burst out of my throat cause this volume of spittle rushing into my mouth per second is baffling, bewildering, bemusing and mystifying.
The worst thing is I can't coup them back cause the salinity seem higher than what my system really needs. So now you can picture a pregnant woman's favourite sport and picture me!

I bade farewell to sleep three days ago. Well, at least I can read for my ongoing exams instead of lazily dozing... for where? It looks like those feudal worms in my stomach have been constantly at war ever since I took those drugs; I can feel some some hot canon balls being projected from the left 'wing' of my intestines to the right.

Even me wey been dey score multiple hat-tricks when having a serious match with BEANS have now become a spectator! sad

Erm... What's that going on in my head? Is someone rearranging my brains?!! (grabs head) shocked

Whenever I get out of this dilemma; I and my family shall never consume any drug with letter "C"....

Not even Vitamin C! angry

Signed: Herald9

Other side effects are:
Dizziness
Restlessness
Weakness of joints
Dehydration
Sweating, etc.

Drugs should be made to cure ills, not after curing the ills you start battling with the drug. It's not fair!

Have you ever had any side effects when taking drugs? How did you overcome it? Please share.

Lalasticlala can you endorse this, please?[/b]
And u can stil type this funny construction, the drug helped u then
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by herald9: 3:46pm On Oct 18, 2015
EggovinMma:
Yours is better. Remembered when I almost died in between December 23 - January 3rd 2010 after Premier Hospital diagnosed me with malaria/typhoid. All the medications given to me stalled my stooling. For the very first time In my life I told God to take my life. Worst is, i had to ly in the toilet, couldn't stand and couldn't sit, was in pains as I couldn't get it out, was like I was in labour.My ex had to help me shave my hair because I demanded it.

Hmmmmm . Doctor said it was the anti biotics injections administered.Very bad experience. embarassed
Eyaah! Sorry Ma, yours was brutal grin

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by yomi007k(m): 3:46pm On Oct 18, 2015
Did op say he swallowed "half card"?

Aint dat overdose?

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 18, 2015
;DTake piritone abi pilitone
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by ccaramel(f): 3:47pm On Oct 18, 2015
dkronicle:
Ok.. Take d remainoing half cause they are angry that dey can't find there remaining brothers...
Omg I actually laughed out loud. Too funny grin grin

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by herald9: 3:49pm On Oct 18, 2015
nosiebaba:

And u can stil type this funny construction, the drug helped u then
In some way, yes. Cause when I entered the exams Hall, I remembered what I read three years ago and even submitted before those that started before me grin
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by Tedassie(m): 3:50pm On Oct 18, 2015
Rolandken:

Nigerians and their terrible habit of self diagnosis and medication. How did you know you had malaria and typhoid? You then proceeded to take an antimalarial and an antibiotic....ciprofloxacin for that matter. This is wrong. Apart from the side effects which may occur, you may develop resistance against this cipro esp since there was no need for it , causing it not to work for you next time when you actually do need it. Pls next time, visit a doctor before swallowing pills. When u have symptoms that suggest malaria, take paracetamol and then visit a health centre. Don't take just any drug u like. It can harm you and even take ur life. Be warned.
incessant usage of anagelsics ALONE (such as the bolded) has in the last couple of years been linked to hepatic failure(liver failure).I think sometime last year, a thread was opened on the dangers of consumption of paracetamol or something like that,the populace needs more orientation on the appropriate use of medications&all worths nought by the Health care professionals,medical practitioners etc backed up by the media to stem the adverse effects of drug abuse&misuse.

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by docjeph(m): 3:52pm On Oct 18, 2015
Mine is any aspirin containing drug. it gives me bulgy eyes 4 like 2 or 3days b4 its goes back 2 normal
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by Uniben4sure: 3:54pm On Oct 18, 2015
Op, what do you expect when you patronize quarks who sell head bridge brand of drugs to you.

Did you you see a pharmacist? Have you even reported the adverse reaction to a pharmacist?

Nigerians killing themselves with drugs since 300BC.
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by LockDown69(m): 3:55pm On Oct 18, 2015
dkronicle:
Ok.. Take d remainoing half cause they are angry that dey can't find there remaining brothers...

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by Godpikin4: 3:55pm On Oct 18, 2015
Osyxcel:
The only side effect I experience while taking Ciprotab is constipation. Experienced it twice, but I think I'm better prepared if I ever need to take it again.
thought I was alone...finished my dosage two days ago but still have constipation.

Read antacids make ciprofloxacin less effective,so I didn't take any.

Will go back to the hospital if it persists though.
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by gulfer: 3:59pm On Oct 18, 2015
dkronicle:
Ok.. Take d remainoing half cause the.y are angry that dey can't find there remaining brothers...
Stop the drug and see a doctor rather than risk SJS.......a word is enough for the wise.
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by Godpikin4: 4:00pm On Oct 18, 2015
khadupsie:
Wait, ciprotab for malaria?? Never knew it works for Malaria
Please it isn't for malaria....it's an antibiotic used for typhoid treatment.

Please never use it without a health practitioner's consent.
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by LockDown69(m): 4:00pm On Oct 18, 2015
I always dismiss such info until "I swallowed half a card of 'CIPROTAB'" in order to fight off a deadly blow from malaria allied with typhoid fever.

i want to believe you meant you took half of the card at once? if that's the case, you should'nt expect anything less than the obvious. smh!

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by olarhtunji(m): 4:01pm On Oct 18, 2015
me I took just 4 pills and since then my life have not remain the same I have insomnia that is clearing of bit by bit.....spittle in my mouth like am pregnant .....dry mouth that is causing my tooth to decay.....pain in my stomach like m been punctured...... dizziness...... I hate ciprofloaxin and wld never use dem

but op why can't I eat beans?
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by Pianoman1(m): 4:01pm On Oct 18, 2015
[quote author=coollabman post=39101900]

wow! shocked I am very surprised! I just recovered from y wnt it happen 2 him when he consumed half of the drug at once
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by uboma(m): 4:04pm On Oct 18, 2015
EricDonn:
That Ciprofloxacin needs to be checked by Nafdac, I took it around September last year just to cure typhoid and malaria, it just disorganised my system, if not for my geographical location I would have submitted myself to an EBOLA isolation facility.....

Hahahaha.

Another funny piece.
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by Cigarini: 4:06pm On Oct 18, 2015
I had same terrible experience when I took same drug last year, I think the manufactures should look into the adverse side effect of these drugs, because just a tab can make someone feel worse. Maybe it also haz to do with d dosage.. I advise we seek follow Drs prescription before taking anti-biotics etc.
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by mercielizzie(f): 4:09pm On Oct 18, 2015
I started taking oxavid an antibiotics last week Friday, and till date I have the following symptoms
1. Loss of appetite
2. Insomnia
3. Excessive sweating
4. Abdominal pain
5. Nausea
6. Dizziness
7. Headache (one side of my head pounding)

Conclusion : I am throwing the drugs into the waste bin.

Reason: what I was going through before the doctor gave me those drugs were better than what I am suffering from now.

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by uboma(m): 4:14pm On Oct 18, 2015
Bnladan:
Bros go treat Ebola, na Ebola catch u. Wch drug company dat produces anti-malarial drug are u working 4? U jst want 2 discredit d company makin 'ciprofloxacin' so odas will go 4 ur drugs.

The op hasn't suggested an alternative to the Ciprofloxacin. So why accuse him of promoting his own brand?

I see nothing wrong in the op's post. He simply narrated the adverse drug reaction he is currently experiencing because of the drug he took.

And for those saying that Ciprofloxacin didn't cause any adverse reaction in them, remember your system is very much different from that of the op. Moreover the op did a mistake combining the Ciprofloxacin with an Anti-malaria.

The bottom line is, never self medicate. Self-medication kills in the long run.
It doesn't cost a fortune to visit a Government Hospital and run some lab tests before taking prescribed medication from a doctor.

Good health to all of us.

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by Luckymay(f): 4:14pm On Oct 18, 2015
herald9:

I took it with Vitadar, an anti-malarial drug. Could that be the cause?
it is the vtadar that is wrecking the havoc in ur system not the cipro tab

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 18, 2015
uboma:

I am sorry but your post got me lol.

Especially the part where you demanded to be shaved by your EX.

Lol.
Well when I remember that dude, I don't generalise men in same category. He saved my hair right from the root with the human hair off completely.I finished the remaining off in a barbing salon. smiley
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 18, 2015
samuelson06:

Should this be the Premier Hospital
in Uyo?

Abuja
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by Ibesmithblog: 4:25pm On Oct 18, 2015
herald9:

I took it with Vitadar, an anti-malarial drug. Could that be the cause?
My company produces Vitadar "strides vital Nig Ltd. I don't think it is the drug. Combination of the two is too strong for you.
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by Ubenedictus(m): 4:27pm On Oct 18, 2015
midetinz:
It's not because youtook ciprotab as a brand, even if you've taken another ciprofloxacin it might have occured that way. You are suffering from "photosensitivity reaction" a major side effect with group of drugs called floroquinolones and such feel gets worsened with exposure to sun. Treat the side eeffect as they appear and stay away from sun for now cos in some cases,it's very life threatening. Unfortunately,there's nothng you can do about it as it appears in 1% of population that takes the drug. And in that 1% , it's 100%. Sorry dude
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 18, 2015
uboma:

I am sorry but your post got me lol.

Especially the part where you demanded to be shaved by your EX.

It's the hair on my head oooooooooooooo. Please you guys should understand that. Chai!
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by noblegrex: 4:32pm On Oct 18, 2015
All drugs are poisonous,even the common paracetamol.may God help us.I experienced same some months ago.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady With A So, So Wide Vagina Cries Out For Help.. / Russia Built ₦42Billion Hospital For COVID-19 Patients In One Month(Photos) / Kidney Failure: See Why You Have To Take Garden Egg Leaves.