Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,651 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Nigerian Arrested In Australia With $10m Hard Drug - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Arrested In Australia With $10m Hard Drug (1195 Views)

Governor Loses $10m Bail Out Funds To Mistress In Texas, US / My Account Balance Is Less Than $10m – Patience Jonathan / Kachikwu Bribed Niger-Delta Avengers With $10m - PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Arrested In Australia With $10m Hard Drug by byteHead(m): 6:01pm On Oct 18, 2015

A 32 year old Nigerian could be jailed in Australia for life for allegedly smuggling $10million worth of methamphetamine into the country inside a gaudy fish statue.

Sydney border force officers found 10kg of the highly addictive drug hidden, also known as ice, inside one of three gold-coloured fish statues destined for a residential address in Kaleen, north of Canberra.

Police were alerted and arrested the Nigerian after he picked up the statues, removed the drugs, and tried to board a bus bound for Sydney on Saturday. He will face an Australian Capital Territory Magistrate court on Monday.

The drug stash, which had been imported from China, was found on the man when he was arrested, police say.

The Nigerian, who arrived in Australia in July on a student visa, faces a maximum penalty of life in jail if he’s convicted of attempting to possess a commercial quantity of an illegal drug.
In September, two Nigerians were similarly arrested in Australia for importing more than 40kg of methamphetamine into the country.

The men were identified as 51-year-old Iwuchukwu Odemegwo and Chibuike Anyasor. The duo concealed the drug inside bar fridges and Jackie Chan-branded DVD players

The picture below is the gold fish statue where the drugs were kept

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/10/nigerian-arrested-in-australia-with-10m.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&m=1

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Australia With $10m Hard Drug by IykeChukz(m): 6:02pm On Oct 18, 2015
Life is a risk, more riskier when you take hard decisions...

But wait oh, after many years of struggling...
God bless those busy bodies who tried but fail this time.

Mum, I dedicate this FTC to you... You shall live long.
Re: Nigerian Arrested In Australia With $10m Hard Drug by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 18, 2015
ok
Re: Nigerian Arrested In Australia With $10m Hard Drug by Hope15: 6:05pm On Oct 18, 2015
I'm sure you know what I quickly scanned the story to confirm. It's alright.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Australia With $10m Hard Drug by Vivalavida99(f): 6:07pm On Oct 18, 2015
These my brothers are just too desperate for my liking, them swear for una? embarassed

Somebody pls remind me what they say about the love of money again.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Australia With $10m Hard Drug by Singingbae(m): 6:07pm On Oct 18, 2015
Ahhh!!!!
Re: Nigerian Arrested In Australia With $10m Hard Drug by Tallesty1(m): 6:17pm On Oct 18, 2015
undecidedundecidedundecidedundecidedundecidedundecidedundecided
Re: Nigerian Arrested In Australia With $10m Hard Drug by jumobi1(m): 6:21pm On Oct 18, 2015
SMH! This is looking endemic. Our governors, Church and community leaders in the East need to work harder because this isn't a national issue. It hurts me to finally admit.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Australia With $10m Hard Drug by Ballmer: 6:22pm On Oct 18, 2015
Shout out to all my hardworking people all over the globe.

I am now more convinced than ever before that this tribe is truly the hardest working tribe in Nigeria. Imagine daunting death to make money in Asia, what could be more audacious ?

Well I wish you success in your endeavour, you should also endeavour to relish your death sentence or jail time as you'd relished the wealth if your hustle was a success.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Australia With $10m Hard Drug by winniz: 6:24pm On Oct 18, 2015
This Old and stale news again undecided
Re: Nigerian Arrested In Australia With $10m Hard Drug by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 18, 2015
Re: Nigerian Arrested In Australia With $10m Hard Drug by Femolacaster(m): 6:28pm On Oct 18, 2015
Hardworking tribe indeed! Ndi ara
Re: Nigerian Arrested In Australia With $10m Hard Drug by Aromas: 6:30pm On Oct 18, 2015
Wish him best of luck undecided
Re: Nigerian Arrested In Australia With $10m Hard Drug by akins56(m): 6:32pm On Oct 18, 2015
am sure the major source of income for their imaginary new nation would be 'powder'.
Re: Nigerian Arrested In Australia With $10m Hard Drug by aresa: 6:33pm On Oct 18, 2015
The men were identified as 51-year-old Iwuchukwu Odemegwo and Chibuike Anyasor

Never fails...I won't be surprised if den arrest olori pelebe people on top Moon for drug peddling grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Australia With $10m Hard Drug by Movic1(m): 6:35pm On Oct 18, 2015
I never open the thread,I don knw say na Igboman. SMH!

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Australia With $10m Hard Drug by Obrigardo: 6:45pm On Oct 18, 2015
Where all the Name Checkers Association members, food don ready grin
Thank God it was not Indonesia this time, Nnamdi Cownu must hear this, Biafry soldiers to the rescue

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Australia With $10m Hard Drug by Badgers14: 6:56pm On Oct 18, 2015
Yep , I knew it was them lipsrsealed

Name Checkers Association... Reporting for duty... smiley

Signed.
Abuja Branch

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Australia With $10m Hard Drug by coolitempa(f): 6:58pm On Oct 18, 2015
Na wa o.......what is it with these flat.heads and crime.......

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Australia With $10m Hard Drug by Badgers14: 6:58pm On Oct 18, 2015
This babe on top me sef smiley
Re: Nigerian Arrested In Australia With $10m Hard Drug by basty: 7:01pm On Oct 18, 2015
Flat head and crime, they have crime to export when they are granted Biafra banana republic.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Australia With $10m Hard Drug by Johnnoah1st: 7:07pm On Oct 18, 2015
AS USUAL AM not dissapointed with the names. biafruad at it again.
Re: Nigerian Arrested In Australia With $10m Hard Drug by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 18, 2015
Movic1:
I never open the thread,I don knw say na Igboman. SMH!
[size=14pt]hahahaha[/size]

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Australia With $10m Hard Drug by omonnakoda: 7:10pm On Oct 18, 2015
Urhobos
Re: Nigerian Arrested In Australia With $10m Hard Drug by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 18, 2015
Yoruba Drug baron Bola Tinubu aka(Jagaban and Lord of Bourdillion) inspired them who forefeited $460k to USA goverment in 1993 for drug trafficking
http://saharareporters.com/2009/02/18/bola-tinubus-heroin-tainted-assets-forfeiture-judgement

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Australia With $10m Hard Drug by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 18, 2015
I could not find the name, did anyone find where it is written in the post?
Re: Nigerian Arrested In Australia With $10m Hard Drug by ArodeTsolaye: 7:15pm On Oct 18, 2015
The guy is yoruba so they removed his name but we will find the full story. grin
Re: Nigerian Arrested In Australia With $10m Hard Drug by gwales: 7:39pm On Oct 18, 2015
I am not disappointed

IT IS THEM
Re: Nigerian Arrested In Australia With $10m Hard Drug by MrMbaM: 8:04pm On Oct 18, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:
The guy is yoruba so they removed his name but we will find the full story. grin

Dumbo wey no know Putin twitter handle cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Shameless ugly thing. BUhahaha

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Australia With $10m Hard Drug by anigbajumo(m): 8:06pm On Oct 18, 2015
Tanish Da country Image since 18AD,abeg ah no mention tribe oooo.......dey knw demselves nah,waten I wan chop dis nyt self undecided embarassed

(1) (Reply)

no topic / Ibori Dissociates Self From Biafran Agitation, Says He’s Committed Nigerian / Pipeline Fire In Warri. Pictures!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.