Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

There Is Nothing Like "True Love" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / There Is Nothing Like "True Love" (32679 Views)

Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality / Nowadays There Is Nothing Like True Love... / Why Do You Think She Does This? Is It Like True Love Or Pretence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by uncjay(m): 6:19pm On Oct 18, 2015
Dear Nairalanders, this piece is my personal opinion, submission and conclusion as regard the topic. It's quite lengthy notwithstanding I want you to take your time and go through everything in order to effectively decode my point and bone of contention base on the subject matter. Knowledge, they say is open ended and not tentative, hence no one is a custodian of it. You can share your views and criticism, but please be concrete and discreet. There are two peculiar words at play here, in uses they are sometimes interchangeable but one is deeper and stronger than the other. Here we go.....

Love is actually a feeling that goes with human existence and emotions, it is sometime referred to as the greatest magic in the world because of it power of proficiency over man. It's good to love and be loved in return, but at times the reverse is the case. Often times we discovered that there are different varieties of love or rather, we see and observe love from different disposition and levels, as some consider it 'casual', some consider it 'genuine', some consider it 'TRUE', some consider it 'Agape', other varieties include; fatherly, motherly, brotherly, and sisterly love, these I call the 'LY' love. Whichever way we see it, it exist and function only where two or more persons co-exist and lived as a people in a specific society.

Despite all the attributes of love and it pertinent, I still struggle to come to term with how people refer to love as 'TRUE' and argue that there is nothing like 'TRUE LOVE'. After observing experiences and experiment carried out, I hereby conclude that there is no true love. The context of the phrase 'true love' is one thing I find yet to be justified in the world of man. Love can be genuine, casual or agape for that matter but there is nothing like true love. Love is a phenomenon that comes and go. It is not static and does not stand the test of time, where is the true in love.

A guy may love a girl genuinely from a sincere heart (and vice versa) and will be eager to do anything whatsoever to profess that love to her. At that point some will regard it as TRUE LOVE, without even considering the gravity of it. It is not true love but love in it genuineness, which of course can be reverse by circumstances or the coming of another love. That guy though loves the girl but after some time into the relationship the degree or percentage of the strength of the love reduces and continues until it becomes very low or non existent anymore, why is that? Such love cannot be term as true.

True is an everlasting phenomenon, no matter how long it is hidden, it will eventually come to manifestation someday and when it does, it indisputably stands and remain for life. Hence love cannot be regarded as true because it does not possess such quality. History will forever remember every scenario for its trueness. Though history or historical event sometimes can be twist or rewritten to suit or concur with the selfish desire of some people, or still in order to create either a negative or positive impressions, all aimed at either painting someone or people good or evil. That notwithstanding does not mean that there is no true story of the said history. Most African countries suffer this degradation from the bigoted whites.

Therefore, there is no true love, it only comes and go. Love does not remain forever, it changes as regard change in behaviours and circumstances around men. When someone loves, he/she cherish with all his/her heart, but at some point in time it becomes odd or rather not as effective as it were at the beginning, (a true love must maintain the degree and percentage base on which it started) this maybe due to the fact that someone else came that manage to stole the love a man has toward a woman and vice versa, or something unfortunate breach the love rendering it less effective or infidelity. Thus, as long as love got to do with emotion it should not be referred as true because anything can affect emotion as it may change.

Provided that, in a situation where someone love another probably from secondary school through tertiary institution and for one reason or the other they were no longer together, yet he/she professes his/her love toward that person as firm, in such cases it is only expedient to examine why they were not together in the first place, as it stand as the reason why such a love could be regard as rather genuine love that couldn't stand the test of time but certainly not true. Else they will rather be together, and breach will be found in the relationship.

That a couple lived and grew old together does not mean the love between them is true, it maybe genuine enough to sustain them all through their lifetime but it not necessarily true as there will be situation where the man or woman wish they had another person as partner or still may at one time or the other love and cherish another person even briefly, (I mean real love and not brotherly and sisterly love) yet they are still together as couple. At that point there is a breach making it less true but genuine to keep them together.

A true love must maintain a single strength from beginning to end. A true love must not change or shift affections toward another person (no matter how little). A true love must be eternal. So tell me where can we find such among men. As such people should put into cognisance the gravity and weight of the phrase "true love", before considering whether to term certain affections as true. Thanks.

C

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by Nobody: 6:21pm On Oct 18, 2015
there is true love..though rare,it is the soul's recognition of its counterpoint in another..because GOD is love,that GOD essence in man where the breath emanates from is the proclivity to love...but sadly most times,man leans to the fallen adamic nature of self hence selfishness,hatred etc.That stated from your post op, it is clear you confuse infatuation, falling in love for love! To be clear, a guy meets a physically or not so physically attractive lady, she catches his eye..she appears to have all the thing he presupposes a woman to have to keep him happy..he falls in love..he is beclouded by some preconceived notion- the burble bursts when he starts observing some trait that is alien to his ideals..vice versa..they fall out of love the same way they fell in..for infatuation,he just is blinded- on the other hand love itself is a choice albeit a conscious one at that it indeed is eternal

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by Mutuwa(m): 6:25pm On Oct 18, 2015
Thanks to the Almighty, av been enjoying true love for almost a decade,and pray for its sustenance.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by Tallesty1(m): 6:25pm On Oct 18, 2015
BlaqCoffee109:
there is true love..though rare,it is the soul's recognition of its counterpoint in another..because GOD is love,that GOD essence in man where the breath emanates from is the proclivity to love...but sadly most times,man leans to the fallen adamic nature of self hence selfishness,hatred etc.That stated from your post op, it is clear you confuse infatuation, falling in love for love! To be clear, a guy meets a physically or not so physically attractive lady, she catches his eye..she appears to have all the thing he presupposes a woman to have to keep him happy..he falls in love..he is beclouded by some preconceived notion- the burble bursts when he starts observing some trait that is alien to his ideals..vice versa..they fall out of love the same way they fell in..for infatuation,he just is blinded- on the other hand love itself is a choice albeit a conscious one at that it indeed is eternal
You contradict yourself a bit.

There is love. And love is love.

There is no true or fake love. Just love.

God is love and he gave a good example of how to love.

Scripture says that God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him.....

That's love in its truest form.

It is just love not true love.

Now if a man mistakes infatuation and lust for love and starting dating a woman for that reason, chances are, the relationship won't last because it was rooted in infatuation and lust not love.

Mutuwa:
Thanks to the Almighty, av been enjoying true love for almost a decade,and pray for its sustenance.
You have been enjoying love for decades.

It is love or nothing.

Any other feeling outside it is either like, hatred, lust, etc.

There is nothing like love that is true and one that is not.

Love is Love.

#MY OPInION.

14 Likes

Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 18, 2015
True love exist but it is vry hard to find cry

1 Like

Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by HawksDude(m): 6:29pm On Oct 18, 2015
The only kind of "true love" that exists is God's love. Any other kind is a sham..

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by uncjay(m): 6:36pm On Oct 18, 2015
BlaqCoffee109:
there is true love..though rare
Am sorry but had to ask this....what are your yardsticks for measuring true love, cos I dnt tink my point is clear to you...

1 Like

Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 18, 2015
Tallesty1:
So there's fake/false love fah?
people mistake lust,infatuation etc for love..hence the need for emphasis most times on "true"

4 Likes

Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 18, 2015
*sigh*

I am sure this is a good book ( I mean post) to read, but it is just too long!

True love is what you make of it.

2 Likes

Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by Nobody: 6:51pm On Oct 18, 2015
uncjay:
Am sorry but had to ask this....what are your yardsticks for measuring true love, cos I dnt tink my point is clear to you...
..it has no condition attached to it..it sees clearly your ineptitude, warts and all and accepts and love you all the same even if you are undeserving

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 18, 2015
It's all infatuation and attraction but pple refer to it as true love. All this is because of a man's need for a woman and a woman's need for a man. When these needs are not met, there are profuse complaints from the inner working components

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by IamLEGEND1: 6:58pm On Oct 18, 2015
honestly I try no be small
I read like half of thing before I give up....

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by glloomy(m): 6:58pm On Oct 18, 2015
What makes a man fall in love

Well I believe love is a very unique feeling which is common to all men and women, but it has its own variations for both the genders. The emotions are same but the roadmap for achieving it is different for both men and women. Each has to go through different stages and adventure. It is very important for a women to know What makes a man fall in love. It is true men always like bad girls, but in the end it’s the good girl who wins their heart and fall in love to make a happy living forever. This post will help any woman who is attracted to a man she wants to be with and make him fall in love.
1. Appearance
For men it’s all about how is your physical appearance ( note not for every men) but in most of the cases it matters a lot. It is a source of instant attraction. Men have a hormone called testosterone they get attracted to a women only for their physical appearance initially. It matters a lot to them, He might not even know what qualities in that woman he likes, but if they find her external appearance attractive they might fall in love.

2. Gain attention
A good fragrance really attracts men, they like the smell of a woman they are attracted to. Whenever you meet up make sure the fragrance of your perfume keeps him engaged, they will not admit but will notice the smell and when you leave give a quick shot of your perfume on his shirt or car dash. It is something that will gain his attention later when you are gone it will make him think of you more and more driving him wild enough to fall in love.

3. Forgiving
Anger is a very close friend of most of the men and they can sometimes turn very cruel and speak harsh words in moments of anger, which can hurt your feelings and turn you off. But they wish to be with a woman who forgive them even if they have done the worst possible things to her. A good woman is the one who is willing to love you even though you have done wrong to her. She is kind enough to handle your anger without getting irritated, though you are rude to her she doesn’t mind and prays for you to have a better living and hopefully change your angry attitude to have a good future. This things makes them realize their mistakes and gives a chance to resolve the situations instead of falling into unending debates which leads to nowhere.

4. Loyal
Every men wants to be with a woman who is loyal to him. A woman who is pure hearted and loyal will stay with you forever no matter how worse the situation gets. Life is full of mystery you don’t know what the future holds, every day cannot be a happy day, circumstance can be good or bad, and if it’s bad it won’t be possible for you to maintain the same level of confidence, sex drive and intimacy in your love. There will be days when circumstances will not be in your control, at that point of time a good woman will always resist her feeling and temptations to support you. This are some of the things What makes a man fall in love with a woman.

5. Good listener
Men always prefer a woman who listens to their thoughts, connects with their feelings and emotions. A good woman is the one who understands every bit of your heart, listens to you and allows you to speak without interrupting even though you are wrong, One who gives you a good advice and doesn’t fake you with false guidance. One who is from a different world than yours, she does not pretend to be good, makes you comfortable and cares for you. She constantly makes efforts to improve you in every aspects of life by giving right kind of advice to achieve your goals, more importantly she encourages you to be a better person.

A full package is What makes a man fall in love. Men are attracted to lot of women that doesn’t mean he is in love. It only shows that there are some qualities about you that makes him pursue you. If you ever want to win a man’s heart make him want you by following the above steps. But in the real world the good girl is hard to find and if you luckily found her don’t treat her badly, don’t take advantage of her innocence be nice to her, respect her emotions. For me it’s a matter of concern all those women who has been treated badly, ignored, lost their existence. I know good women still exist and they have the power to make any men fall in love with them, It’s just the men who needs to respect and love them to keep their existence.

I hope you guys found the post on What makes a man fall in love useful. If you liked it please share and comment below.

26 Likes 8 Shares

Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by tosyne2much(m): 7:27pm On Oct 18, 2015
There's no other love like a mother's love for her own child

Like I often say, I don't think I will ever have problem in my life if I ever find a lady that loves me more than my mom does

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by PunterTim(m): 8:01pm On Oct 18, 2015
BlaqCoffee109:
..it has no condition attached to it..it sees clearly your ineptitude, warts and all and accepts and love you all the same even if you are undeserving
Yea,Lov Is A Painful Choice
Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 18, 2015
PunterTim:
Yea,Lov Is A Painful Choice
...not necessarily..when you meet your soul mate, it is pure bliss..indescribable.. sadly,not many have had the Blessing of meeting their soul mate in their lifetime

4 Likes

Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by PunterTim(m): 8:05pm On Oct 18, 2015
Mutuwa:
Are You Less Than A Decade Old

3 Likes

Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by uncjay(m): 8:08pm On Oct 18, 2015
BlaqCoffee109:
that's never with men....probably u going metaphysics

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 18, 2015
uncjay:
that's never with men....probably u going metaphysics
not metaphysics.. what's not with men? BTW men don't love easily but are drawn to love and fascinated by love but when they eventually love,they love hard

2 Likes

Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by PunterTim(m): 8:20pm On Oct 18, 2015
BlaqCoffee109:
...not necessarily..when you meet your soul mate, it is pure bliss..indescribable.. sadly,not many have had the Blessing of meeting their soul mate in their lifetime
Soulmate?Hmm,Ure Makin Me Feel Touchy
Do U Bliv In Angels N Santa Too?grin
I Bliv It's Jus Xteristics Dat Make U Love Sum1...
It Culd B Anyone/Anytin...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by Omotayor123(f): 8:22pm On Oct 18, 2015
*Singing*

See I'm looking for someone to set my soul free, looking for someone to love me completely, looking for someone to come and be my True Love grin.

But, OP the most important thing is finding your better half.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by uncjay(m): 8:25pm On Oct 18, 2015
BlaqCoffee109:
not metaphysics.. what's not with men? BTW men don't love easily but are drawn to love and fascinated by love but when they eventually love,they love hard
Oh when I mean men I actual mean human, maybe because of the plural form I used....

Now my point is every natural laws are constant, mention it, they are all 'true', love tho appear as one but a closer look we find inconsistency in it. True is constant and maintain a single strength, that's nt d case with love...love is something that comes and go, it doesn't stick, stay and stand the test of time....bt true is. So love cannot be true.

3 Likes

Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 18, 2015
PunterTim:
Soulmate?Hmm,Ure Makin Me Feel Touchy
Do U Bliv In Angels N Santa Too?grin
I Bliv It's Jus Xteristics Dat Make U Love Sum1...
It Culd B Anyone/Anytin...
would you mind rephrasing? I don't get what you mean
Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 18, 2015
When I no dey do final year paper, how u xpect me to read dah one op? U no try at al walahi.

1 Like

Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 18, 2015
uncjay:
Oh when I mean men I actual mean human, maybe because of the plural form I used....

Now my point is every natural laws are constant, mention it, they are all 'true', love tho appear as one but a closer look we find inconsistency in it. True is constant and maintain a single strength, that's nt d case with love...love is something that comes and go, it doesn't stick, stay and stand the test of time....bt true is. So love cannot be true.
..whether it is the law of aerodynamics.. law of gravity or love..it always have been there before it was found out or understood by "man"...it is universal and constant..the fact that you as a person understands it less does not mean it is subject to change..by the way, love is what is still holding this earthly plane together..it is the reason you have joy and can smile..+ LOVE in and off itself is Law- it is the law of life..when it rules,there is beauty..peace..the opposite is what breeds hatred,anarchy, chaos ..so in essence love is constant,it never changes or ends..we only as free moral agents have the choice to acknowledge it and have it rule..if the reverse is the choice, it does not change love

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by PunterTim(m): 8:43pm On Oct 18, 2015
BlaqCoffee109:
would you mind rephrasing? I don't get what you mean
Soulmate?Nada,Dosent Exist,Loving Most Times Is Jus Spontaneous
Happens Cos Of Inherent Features In Character
Btw,Hw'v U Been
Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 18, 2015
PunterTim:
Soulmate?Nada,Dosent Exist,Loving Most Times Is Jus Spontaneous
Happens Cos Of Inherent Features In Character
Btw,Hw'v U Been
smiley ...I am good, you?
Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by uncjay(m): 8:57pm On Oct 18, 2015
BlaqCoffee109:
..whether it is the law of aerodynamics.. law of gravity or love..it always have been there before it was found out or understood by "man"...it is universal and constant..the fact that you as a person understands it less does not mean it is subject to change..by the way, love is what is still holding this earthly plane together..it is the reason you have joy and can smile..+ LOVE in and off itself is Law- it is the law of life..when it rules,there is beauty..peace..the opposite is what breeds hatred,anarchy, chaos ..so in essence love is constant,it never changes or ends..we only as free moral agents have the choice to acknowledge it and have it rule..if the reverse is the choice, it does not change love
All u mention above are attributes, well in the thread I talk about varieties, my bone of contention is d affections humans termed as true love....
Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 18, 2015
Only God qualifies for that being that keeps the true love for Humans IMO. Even at that, he still went ahead to create Hell.

1 Like

Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by Nobody: 9:09pm On Oct 18, 2015
Dah was too long!!!

1 Like

Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 18, 2015
uncjay:
All u mention above are attributes, well in the thread I talk about varieties, my bone of contention is d affections humans termed as true love....
..you mean the concept of Eros as depicted in classic Greek tradition? ..the intimate affection shared between a man and a woman..now there's a popular saying you only give what you have.. now personally addressing you,do you love yourself? do you have love in you..if the answer is yes..then you have it to give.. if it is true of you and same applies to her and you both have to give..voilà! the next thing is making sure both your emotional need are met afterall love is giving..the question then starts from you,what did you give? was it true?

1 Like

Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by PunterTim(m): 9:29pm On Oct 18, 2015
BlaqCoffee109:
smiley ...I am good, you?
Grt,I Wana Tuck U In Bed,2moro Is Mon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ways To Make Long Distance Relationships Work / Why I Killed My Ex Girlfriend And Detest Women Especially African Women / Lady Slams Ex-Boyfriend "Good At Killing Girlfriends' Babies" (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.