Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,887 members, 7,817,613 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

There Is Nothing Like "True Love" - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / There Is Nothing Like "True Love" (32681 Views)

Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality / Nowadays There Is Nothing Like True Love... / Why Do You Think She Does This? Is It Like True Love Or Pretence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by Etizz: 8:16am On Oct 20, 2015
BlaqCoffee109:
not metaphysics.. what's not with men? BTW men don't love easily but are drawn to love and fascinated by love but when they eventually love,they love hard

Sweetheart, u have said it all, like seriously, how could someone think there is no true love after describing what true love is, the fact is dat, the OP has not really experience true love,..... Don't you think there is a difference between heartbreak and disappointment? When u are truly in love u get heartbreak and when you are lust, u get disappointed,...... Some people take disappointment for heartbreak....... You can have true love for someone and dat person's love for u may not be true, that is one of d reason people fall apart,... U just need the right person dat love u truly as u love truly in return... ..OP pls don't get it twisted, I like your post so much, BUT, there is true love and I can see dat in my parents....... I hope to have one wen am ready. Thanks
Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by Nwadiala: 8:31am On Oct 20, 2015
@op. You just wasted your time arguing what I don't know. TRUE LOVE and GENUING LOVE. All boils down to REAL LOVE
Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by patwickk: 8:38am On Oct 20, 2015
uncjay:
Dear Nairalanders, this piece is my personal opinion, submission and conclusion as regard the topic. It's quite lengthy notwithstanding I want you to take your time and go through everything in order to effectively decode my point and bone of contention base on the subject matter. Knowledge, they say is open ended and not tentative, hence no one is a custodian of it. You can share your views and criticism, but please be concrete and discreet. There are two peculiar words at play here, in uses they are sometimes interchangeable but one is deeper and stronger than the other. Here we go.....

Love is actually a feeling that goes with human existence and emotions, it is sometime referred to as the greatest magic in the world because of it power of proficiency over man. It's good to love and be loved in return, but at times the reverse is the case. Often times we discovered that there are different varieties of love or rather, we see and observe love from different disposition and levels, as some consider it 'casual', some consider it 'genuine', some consider it 'TRUE', some consider it 'Agape', other varieties include; fatherly, motherly, brotherly, and sisterly love, these I call the 'LY' love. Whichever way we see it, it exist and function only where two or more persons co-exist and lived as a people in a specific society.

Despite all the attributes of love and it pertinent, I still struggle to come to term with how people refer to love as 'TRUE' and argue that there is nothing like 'TRUE LOVE'. After observing experiences and experiment carried out, I hereby conclude that there is no true love. The context of the phrase 'true love' is one thing I find yet to be justified in the world of man. Love can be genuine, casual or agape for that matter but there is nothing like true love. Love is a phenomenon that comes and go. It is not static and does not stand the test of time, where is the true in love.

A guy may love a girl genuinely from a sincere heart (and vice versa) and will be eager to do anything whatsoever to profess that love to her. At that point some will regard it as TRUE LOVE, without even considering the gravity of it. It is not true love but love in it genuineness, which of course can be reverse by circumstances or the coming of another love. That guy though loves the girl but after some time into the relationship the degree or percentage of the strength of the love reduces and continues until it becomes very low or non existent anymore, why is that? Such love cannot be term as true.

True is an everlasting phenomenon, no matter how long it is hidden, it will eventually come to manifestation someday and when it does, it indisputably stands and remain for life. Hence love cannot be regarded as true because it does not possess such quality. History will forever remember every scenario for its trueness. Though history or historical event sometimes can be twist or rewritten to suit or concur with the selfish desire of some people, or still in order to create either a negative or positive impressions, all aimed at either painting someone or people good or evil. That notwithstanding does not mean that there is no true story of the said history. Most African countries suffer this degradation from the bigoted whites.

Therefore, there is no true love, it only comes and go. Love does not remain forever, it changes as regard change in behaviours and circumstances around men. When someone loves, he/she cherish with all his/her heart, but at some point in time it becomes odd or rather not as effective as it were at the beginning, (a true love must maintain the degree and percentage base on which it started) this maybe due to the fact that someone else came that manage to stole the love a man has toward a woman and vice versa, or something unfortunate breach the love rendering it less effective or infidelity. Thus, as long as love got to do with emotion it should not be referred as true because anything can affect emotion as it may change.

Provided that, in a situation where someone love another probably from secondary school through tertiary institution and for one reason or the other they were no longer together, yet he/she professes his/her love toward that person as firm, in such cases it is only expedient to examine why they were not together in the first place, as it stand as the reason why such a love could be regard as rather genuine love that couldn't stand the test of time but certainly not true. Else they will rather be together, and breach will be found in the relationship.

That a couple lived and grew old together does not mean the love between them is true, it maybe genuine enough to sustain them all through their lifetime but it not necessarily true as there will be situation where the man or woman wish they had another person as partner or still may at one time or the other love and cherish another person even briefly, (I mean real love and not brotherly and sisterly love) yet they are still together as couple. At that point there is a breach making it less true but genuine to keep them together.

A true love must maintain a single strength from beginning to end. A true love must not change or shift affections toward another person (no matter how little). A true love must be eternal. So tell me where can we find such among men. As such people should put into cognisance the gravity and weight of the phrase "true love", before considering whether to term certain affections as true. Thanks.

C

I would second your opinion because as it stands, for true love to be, it must be consistent and have zero changes with time like the Love of God. Humans are fallible and inconsistent in all they do, its second to our nature.
Genuine love comes momentarily and at a point when it attains the height of its genuineness, the illusion and joyous feeling is deceptive often mistaken for true love. If adam hadn't eaten of the forbidden fruit, then I suppose who so ever your spouse is at the Eden garden then and only then can you call such love true cause its pure like we were created to be. True Love Is Gods love exclusively.
Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by uncjay(m): 8:48am On Oct 20, 2015
trapQ:
you're wrong. love is love, and can only be true.. but for the sale not this agreement, i'll stick with the true love.

true love is very real, and also very rare. that you've not experienced it doesn't change the reality of that fact. it is indescribable, endless and unchanging. it's selfless, unselfish,etc. when you have true love, you see absolutely no reason to cheat or betray your partner because hurting them will hurt you more.

so yeah, true love does exist.
I simply understand where exactly u coming from...if you go through the article again, I'm sure you'd see where I mention having gone through experience and series of experiments......now to you, have u ever wonder why what u call true love grow odd and gross at some point? Does true grow odd? Have u ever wondered why the said 'true' affection gets halted by circumstances of life? Maybe u need to understand my definition of true as regard love, probably then u can have a clear view of what I meant. Thank you
Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by gbemi15: 8:52am On Oct 20, 2015
uncjay:
Dear Nairalanders, this piece is my personal opinion, submission and conclusion as regard the topic. It's quite lengthy notwithstanding I want you to take your time and go through everything in order to effectively decode my point and bone of contention base on the subject matter. Knowledge, they say is open ended and not tentative, hence no one is a custodian of it. You can share your views and criticism, but please be concrete and discreet. There are two peculiar words at play here, in uses they are sometimes interchangeable but one is deeper and stronger than the other. Here we go.....

Love is actually a feeling that goes with human existence and emotions, it is sometime referred to as the greatest magic in the world because of it power of proficiency over man. It's good to love and be loved in return, but at times the reverse is the case. Often times we discovered that there are different varieties of love or rather, we see and observe love from different disposition and levels, as some consider it 'casual', some consider it 'genuine', some consider it 'TRUE', some consider it 'Agape', other varieties include; fatherly, motherly, brotherly, and sisterly love, these I call the 'LY' love. Whichever way we see it, it exist and function only where two or more persons co-exist and lived as a people in a specific society.

Despite all the attributes of love and it pertinent, I still struggle to come to term with how people refer to love as 'TRUE' and argue that there is nothing like 'TRUE LOVE'. After observing experiences and experiment carried out, I hereby conclude that there is no true love. The context of the phrase 'true love' is one thing I find yet to be justified in the world of man. Love can be genuine, casual or agape for that matter but there is nothing like true love. Love is a phenomenon that comes and go. It is not static and does not stand the test of time, where is the true in love.

A guy may love a girl genuinely from a sincere heart (and vice versa) and will be eager to do anything whatsoever to profess that love to her. At that point some will regard it as TRUE LOVE, without even considering the gravity of it. It is not true love but love in it genuineness, which of course can be reverse by circumstances or the coming of another love. That guy though loves the girl but after some time into the relationship the degree or percentage of the strength of the love reduces and continues until it becomes very low or non existent anymore, why is that? Such love cannot be term as true.

True is an everlasting phenomenon, no matter how long it is hidden, it will eventually come to manifestation someday and when it does, it indisputably stands and remain for life. Hence love cannot be regarded as true because it does not possess such quality. History will forever remember every scenario for its trueness. Though history or historical event sometimes can be twist or rewritten to suit or concur with the selfish desire of some people, or still in order to create either a negative or positive impressions, all aimed at either painting someone or people good or evil. That notwithstanding does not mean that there is no true story of the said history. Most African countries suffer this degradation from the bigoted whites.

Therefore, there is no true love, it only comes and go. Love does not remain forever, it changes as regard change in behaviours and circumstances around men. When someone loves, he/she cherish with all his/her heart, but at some point in time it becomes odd or rather not as effective as it were at the beginning, (a true love must maintain the degree and percentage base on which it started) this maybe due to the fact that someone else came that manage to stole the love a man has toward a woman and vice versa, or something unfortunate breach the love rendering it less effective or infidelity. Thus, as long as love got to do with emotion it should not be referred as true because anything can affect emotion as it may change.

Provided that, in a situation where someone love another probably from secondary school through tertiary institution and for one reason or the other they were no longer together, yet he/she professes his/her love toward that person as firm, in such cases it is only expedient to examine why they were not together in the first place, as it stand as the reason why such a love could be regard as rather genuine love that couldn't stand the test of time but certainly not true. Else they will rather be together, and breach will be found in the relationship.

That a couple lived and grew old together does not mean the love between them is true, it maybe genuine enough to sustain them all through their lifetime but it not necessarily true as there will be situation where the man or woman wish they had another person as partner or still may at one time or the other love and cherish another person even briefly, (I mean real love and not brotherly and sisterly love) yet they are still together as couple. At that point there is a breach making it less true but genuine to keep them together.

A true love must maintain a single strength from beginning to end. A true love must not change or shift affections toward another person (no matter how little). A true love must be eternal. So tell me where can we find such among men. As such people should put into cognisance the gravity and weight of the phrase "true love", before considering whether to term certain affections as true. Thanks.

C
My dear,if u ve missed it,try find it,dont come out to say true love does exist. u must first give it,bfor u can expect it
Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by uncjay(m): 9:06am On Oct 20, 2015
omojeesu:

Thank you! Great analysis!

But you see Love is, what it is, Love and by nature, it is true and powerful. It will stand the test of time!

Love is divine nature. If one allows God to work in and through him by His Spirit, he will be able to love as in 1st Corinthians 13. There will be occasional miss but there will be a restoration to move on in love because God is in it. This is why those who have the Spirit of Christ, like Him, can love their enemies. It is difficult, but His Spirit makes it easy!

Bless you!

Thank you sir, I like your sincerity with the divine, but you see anything divine is divine and cannot be compared to any kind that is less divine..in the article I mention 'AGAPE' that's different from others, my contention is the level that men never seems to attain but professes the quality which scale can never be justified. True love does not exist among human. My candid opinion.

1 Like

Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 20, 2015
BlaqCoffee109:
..it has no condition attached to it..it sees clearly your ineptitude, warts and all and accepts and love you all the same even if you are undeserving
i think you right, true love will make u go for the less classy fellow when you have a choice of having a classy one, you don't give a dame about what people will say
Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by Kanbee: 9:27am On Oct 20, 2015
Wedding receptions often succeed or fail
based on the performance of
the MC. If the MC isn't entertaining, or even
worse, makes jokes in poor taste,
it reflects negatively on the bride and groom.
If you want your reception to be classy, run
smoothly, and
be as wonderful as it can be, at a pocket-
friendly price, contact A Professional MC on
07030828285, BBM PIN: 565085F0. You can
as well like our new facebook page:"Kanby Innovations".
Looking forward to hearing from you! Please pass it on; you may be helping someone who needs this info.
Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by ozimec(m): 9:40am On Oct 20, 2015
uncjay:

C

I agree with you. I think there are only two examples of true love. One is Gods love to mankind which is the greatest, and the second one is the parents love to their children which can stand a test of time. Every other love is based on circumstances. It can be induced and depends on several factors. My opinion though.
Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by Oahray: 10:01am On Oct 20, 2015
patwickk:

I would second your opinion because as it stands, for true love to be, it must be consistent and have zero changes with time like the Love of God. Humans are fallible and inconsistent in all they do, its second to our nature.
Genuine love comes momentarily and at a point when it attains the height of its genuineness, the illusion and joyous feeling is deceptive often mistaken for true love. If adam hadn't eaten of the forbidden fruit, then I suppose who so ever your spouse is at the Eden garden then and only then can you call such love true cause its pure like we were created to be. True Love Is Gods love exclusively.
God's love changes. He punished Israel several times, thought of wiping them out at least once, and eventually cast them off. It just wasn't time that changed it, but their response to his own love.

If something is genuine, it is true, it is real. It doesn't have to be unconditional (no such love exists) to be true. You guys are just trying to make six seem different from half a dozen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 20, 2015
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. ( 1 John 4:16)

Love is not a man made product.

Love is the nature of God that can be manifested through Man when he lives in God and God in him.

Never make the mistake of thinking that love is a one way road filled with sweet things. Because the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and he
chastens everyone he accepts as his son." (Hebrews 12:6)

Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. ( Revelation 3:19)

If love is without the chastens then it is No Love.

Now if God who is Love can do this then why do you expect more from a Man who is made in God's image??
Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by murphyt: 10:05am On Oct 20, 2015
what a true massage ,you are very correct, and i blive you have come to my understanding about love.its take a better knowledge (matrix) to come to this very conclusion. may you grow in more wisdom
Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by blackjack21(m): 10:20am On Oct 20, 2015
Tallesty1:
You contradict yourself a bit.

There is love. And love is love.

There is no true or fake love. Just love.

God is love and he gave a good example of how to love.

Scripture says that God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him.....

That's love in its truest form.

It is just love not true love.

Now if a man mistakes infatuation and lust for love and starting dating a woman for that reason, chances are, the relationship won't last because it was rooted in infatuation and lust not love.

You have been enjoying love for decades.

It is love or nothing.

Any other feeling outside it is either like, hatred, lust, etc.

There is nothing like love that is true
and one that is not.

Love is Love.

#MY OPInION.

Op, I think you Too contradict yourself.

What you're trying to say is that there is no true love between human, but I see you agree that God is true love. If so then why will God punish something he loves truly.

Is God insecure (hate) lovelorn?
Can human love God truly?

10:09:05
Tue, Oct 20, 2015
Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by omojeesu(m): 10:26am On Oct 20, 2015
uncjay:
Thank you sir, I like your sincerity with the divine, but you see anything divine is divine and cannot be compared to any kind that is less divine..in the article I mention 'AGAPE' that's different from others, my contention is the level that men never seems to attain but professes the quality which scale can never be justified. True love does not exist among human. My candid opinion.

Thanks again.

We continue to grow in love.

Our love increasingly becomes perfect.

But what is imperfect does not make it less than love.

The human embryo is human as much as the adult human.

Let us continue to allow Him to 'work in (us) both to will and to do of His good pleasure'
Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by uncjay(m): 10:33am On Oct 20, 2015
ozimec:

I agree with you. I think there are only two examples of true love. One is Gods love to mankind which is the greatest, and the second one is the parents love to their children which can stand a test of time. Every other love is based on circumstances. It can be induced and depends on several factors. My opinion though.
Of course one can not out rule the importance of parental love towards their wards especially that of the mother....still at that you often found some parents treat their wards without an iota of sympathy or love, even the so mothers sometimes tell you how they hate one child or the other because of some issues best known to them and even some go to the extent hating because the father was not the ideal man she wanted initially......some many cases like that.
Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by uncjay(m): 10:35am On Oct 20, 2015
patwickk:

Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by trapQ: 10:46am On Oct 20, 2015
I have experienced true love dear and I know ther your assertion is wrong. True love exists and it doesn't wane, it is unconditional, and never wanes. If love isn't like this, its not love.

Infuation and lust fade with time. And we have always confused these with love. The book of solomon is about a man's love for each other, it talks about true love for your partner, the kind of love that never changes.
uncjay:
I simply understand where exactly u coming from...if you go through the article again, I'm sure you'd see where I mention having gone through experience and series of experiments......now to you, have u ever wonder why what u call true love grow odd and gross at some point? Does true grow odd? Have u ever wondered why the said 'true' affection gets halted by circumstances of life? Maybe u need to understand my definition of true as regard love, probably then u can have a clear view of what I meant. Thank you
Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by uncjay(m): 11:01am On Oct 20, 2015
trapQ:
I have experienced true love dear and I know ther your assertion is wrong. True love exists and it doesn't wane, it is unconditional, and never wanes. If love isn't like this, its not love.

Infuation and lust fade with time. And we have always confused these with love. The book of solomon is about a man's love for each other, it talks about true love for your partner, the kind of love that never changes.
Lolz...."HAVE EXPERIENCED" past tense.....

Ur true love indeed!
Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by charlsecy(m): 11:03am On Oct 20, 2015
pinceprinz:
Only God qualifies for that being that keeps the true love for Humans IMO. Even at that, he still went ahead to create Hell.
HawksDude:
The only kind of "true love" that exists is God's love.

Tallesty1:

Scripture says that God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him.....
That's love in its truest form.
GOD's Love is the purest form of love, yet It has a set of conditions; how much more human love!
Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by abdullkabar(m): 11:16am On Oct 20, 2015
From my own point of view.......
There is nothing like true love but their is something called love...We over believe in love,so it hurts us(no theory to back)...sometimes love needs space(not space but space),lif d ekuro ewa or wateva nd just be there for each other(my story sha)....I told u I love you from the start,but you dint believe,you played hard to get,you hurt me with I don't care you are Just a friend(I was in pain,it hurts but I still loved you)I was ready to let you go(cuz I couldn't force you to love me)but then I noticed you dint go away(you loved me)you were only testing....Now that you are here(stay cuz I will also stay)if I hurt you tell me,I will make it up(probably) but remember you had fun while you did yours(love is suppose to be mutual(I should be able to do to you what you did to me)......but know this I WILL LOVE YOU till the end of time(but will not force you to stay).................
Copied from my mind(emotional)..........we should not force love(let it grow itself)....I will always be here if only you stay with me
Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by PMBfirstson(m): 11:18am On Oct 20, 2015
There is true love and exist,is just 4 one to knw what he or she want
Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by mrpatozky(m): 11:20am On Oct 20, 2015
Snowangel4:
True love exist but it is vry hard to find cry
*peeps
Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by Highcuerayte: 11:24am On Oct 20, 2015
I beg to disagree with OP's Isolated way of reasoning. The Truth here is there is true love just that people don't like what is true.

A perfect example: I met this Lady online and even without seen her pics I love her.Told her in simple terms I love her but she termed me a funny guy.Why? Because i love without sight.

There is true love and true love is independent of emotions and circumstances.

1 Like

Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by haydotzed(m): 11:28am On Oct 20, 2015
the context in which u used ur "TRUE" is questionable as my dictionary does not define the word "TRUE" as outright consistency which does not fail with d passage of tym. if u can help find the word DAT is closely synonymous to TRUE; then u think of GENUINE. therefore ur clam that there is genuine love negate your other clam of nonexistence of true love. my submission therefore is that there is true love in as much the parties are faithful to each other.
Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by selab: 11:34am On Oct 20, 2015
true talk...
True love is unconditional...and where can we find that? only in Christ Jesus
Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 20, 2015
charlsecy:

GOD's Love is the purest form of love, yet It has a set of conditions; how much more human love!

My point exactly when I said he still went ahead to create hell despite His everlasting love wey no get part two smiley

1 Like

Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by Dinakas(f): 1:32pm On Oct 20, 2015
My opinion though, I feel like there's ambiguity in this post. Some facts are confusing and some definitions or words are not really stated properly.

Finally, I see the OP trying to convince those that believe in true love, no offense. The truth is, it's your opinion like you introduced in the beginning. Opinions should not be forced upon, instead should be aired out. If someone takes it, beautiful! If not, it's not by force. Thanks
Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by God2man(m): 2:18pm On Oct 20, 2015
uncjay:

C

God is love. Only God is perfect. Perfection is difficult to attain. So, there is no true love. It may be true for some favourable reasons, but realistically, it will shake and probably reduce, therefore, it is important for married couples to renew this true love.
Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by Xcozee(m): 2:30pm On Oct 20, 2015
nothing like true love... Love is meant to be Love... Its so unbelievable nowadays that people mistake Love to Lust in relationships. God is Love
Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by phillipay: 2:32pm On Oct 20, 2015
Snowangel4:
True love exist but it is vry hard to find cry
Not among human beings

1 Like

Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 20, 2015
An average Nigerian Ladies' Love for a guy can be equated to Her Love for money, Word!!!

Except maybe a few Ladies.

1 Like

Re: There Is Nothing Like "True Love" by victorvreng: 4:01pm On Oct 20, 2015
is just like when a poor man will say there are no "true riches". we understand

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ways To Make Long Distance Relationships Work / Lady Slams Ex-Boyfriend "Good At Killing Girlfriends' Babies" (Photo) / I Suspect My Boyfriend Is Cheating On Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.