Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,083 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Yakubu Gowon Celebrates 81st Birthday Today! - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yakubu Gowon Celebrates 81st Birthday Today! (16858 Views)

Ernest Shonekan Celebrates His 81st Birthday Today / Yakubu Gowon Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock / Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 82nd Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates 81st Birthday Today! by mightyhaze: 2:07pm On Oct 19, 2015
geeudy:
today is my birthday pals, I need your good wishes.
nice smile,nice buildin in d background.hbd

3 Likes

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates 81st Birthday Today! by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 19, 2015
Freemanan:
THANK YOU FOR MAINTAINING THE UNITY AND TERRITORIAL INTEGRITY OF NIGERIA.

THANK YOU FOR NYSC...

THANK YOU AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

God was really with that GUY...
Go On With One Nigeria..

Don't know hw I will feel without My Brilliant Igbo , Smart Yoruba And others in This country... May Godbless him for me ...

God bless GOWON
God Bless Nigeria
God bless You
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates 81st Birthday Today! by tiredface: 3:00pm On Oct 19, 2015
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIR
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates 81st Birthday Today! by idrissunny: 3:08pm On Oct 19, 2015
Ur luv 4 one nigeria is the reason we r stil 2gether,u r truly an elderstateman who has no evil animorsity 4 eny body.hapi birthday sir long life so that u could c d naija u envisage.
lalasticlala:
Former military Head of State, Yakubu Gowon Turns 81 Today!

Drop your birthday messages for him...

Happy birthday...
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates 81st Birthday Today! by M4gunners: 3:39pm On Oct 19, 2015
BlackrulesDworld:
Happy birthday legend Gowon. The Igbos nightmare.
Ewure go and eat grass jor.
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates 81st Birthday Today! by WiseBukoye(m): 3:51pm On Oct 19, 2015
Happy Birthday day, Sir.
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates 81st Birthday Today! by meccuno: 3:59pm On Oct 19, 2015
theunusualmoon:
Happy Birthday Sir.

Did you have a hand in Brig.Gen. Murtala Muhammed's death?
wanted to ask the same question
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates 81st Birthday Today! by maureen546: 4:24pm On Oct 19, 2015
Happy birthday baba wish u llnp
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates 81st Birthday Today! by wonyi: 4:31pm On Oct 19, 2015
Happy birthday sir
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates 81st Birthday Today! by kennykool1(m): 4:48pm On Oct 19, 2015
Since i joined nairaland i have seen a lot of nonsense being posted on diffrent pages and i simply choosed not to reply.
Now a set of individuals have decided that the best way they can contribute there quota is by dishing out insults to others.well even if freedom of speech is allowed we all have to understand that war is simply an extension of politics,a last resort when all other means have failed whatever gowon and ojukwu did back then,whatever was the intrest that pushed them to their decision has passed and we are the ones bearing the consequences.
If u feel whichever side of the coin u support wether secession or an artificial unity remember the past and how it has shaped the present not to go about rambling arrant nonsense on social media.
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates 81st Birthday Today! by kennykool1(m): 4:53pm On Oct 19, 2015
To all of u who simply exist fir the sole desire of contributing tons of mb in the firm of insults either directly or not i beg u to please continue the good work,to those who chose to reply such annoying albeit irrelevant comments it will be in ur intrest to stop
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates 81st Birthday Today! by Ayatullah(m): 7:08pm On Oct 19, 2015
Glory be to the Almighty God who has kept you long on His earth. Do accept my birthday gift:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLs1NoFSkjY
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates 81st Birthday Today! by bugzbunny: 7:46pm On Oct 19, 2015
simplycarro:

You will die of pain. cheesy cheesy grin
You are already a corpse
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates 81st Birthday Today! by logica(m): 8:09pm On Oct 19, 2015
Even if he was not so cerebral, I could see he was a real gentleman and one with a great deal of empathy. When he received the Igbo leadership after the war, you could FEEL the empathy he felt; it was written on his face, and his smile. The way he blinked, etc. The video is on Nairaland somewhere. I don't have the time to search for it.
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates 81st Birthday Today! by Cletus244(m): 9:24pm On Oct 19, 2015
U for allow us divide this nigeria na
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates 81st Birthday Today! by jossyj: 9:34pm On Oct 19, 2015
Gowon the genocider
I'm happy you're alive to see how fulani headsmen are killing your people
I wish you happy more fulani headsmen.
Big idioot
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates 81st Birthday Today! by jsleekk(m): 10:19pm On Oct 19, 2015
Sicozone:
81.... Happy birthday to a war hero.... Eighty-one is the square of 9 and the fourth power of 3. Like all powers of three, 81 is a perfect totient number . It is a heptagonal number and a centered octagonal number . It is also a tribonacci number , and an open meandric number . 81 is the ninth member of the Mian- Chowla sequence . In base 10, it is a Harshad number , and one of three non-trivial numbers (the other two are 1458 and 1729 ) which, when its digits are added together, produces a sum which, when multiplied by its reversed self, yields the original number: 8 + 1 = 9 9 × 9 = 81 (although this case is somewhat degenerate, as the sum has only a single digit). The inverse of 81 is 0.012345679 recurring, missing only the digit "8" from the complete set of digits. Just for you sir!
yu sure yu fine?
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates 81st Birthday Today! by dbucas: 10:41pm On Oct 19, 2015
fuuuuck him, killer of innocent 3million BIAFRANS.
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates 81st Birthday Today! by davibid: 8:01am On Oct 20, 2015
Long live the great leaders..........#HBD#
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates 81st Birthday Today! by johnserek: 12:08pm On Oct 20, 2015
Conqueror of Biafra well done o
igbo people are so scared to make comments on him
if it was Awolowo now you for don dey read Betrayer
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates 81st Birthday Today! by YuckFou: 5:47am On Oct 21, 2015
Ojukwu nyem egbe kam gbagbue Gowen, gbagbue Hasan, chere ndi Awusa!
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates 81st Birthday Today! by YuckFou: 5:51am On Oct 21, 2015
YuckFou:
Ojukwu nyem egbe kam gbagbue Gowen, gbagbue Hasan, chere ndi Awusa!

That was just a war song.

But truly l like Gwon. He was a true Christian. That's why he is llong-lived.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Joins Top 10 Most Improved Economies In New World Bank Rankings / Onnoghen’s Legal Team Arrive CCT, Onnoghen Not Yet In Sight / Femi Fani-kayode: Ruga – Government Of The Fulani, By The Fulani, For The Fulani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.