Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,373 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

THE Suitor..........................a Very Short Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / THE Suitor..........................a Very Short Story (2977 Views)

In Our Prime. A Very Short Medical Story / A Very Short Christian Story: "Talitha Cumi" - Written By Oyekunle Lizzy Oyebola / Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

THE Suitor..........................a Very Short Story by rigarmortis: 10:05am On Oct 19, 2015
chapter one.

she kissed him again, her heart beat with so much joy while the kiss lasted, she looked deep into his eyes, leaned over and kissed him again.......................butterflies! funny and strange how someone so new could rekindle old emotions, she thought briefly about her ex boyfriend, seun, it was good while it lasted, but this is so much better, Charles, he seems to know everything about her.

she put her head on her chest and thought about the home.................painful memories, daddy wanted her to be a doctor, to study medicine abroad, but she didn't fancy that at all, she had had enrolled herself into the university of Lagos pre-degree program to study botany, something about arranging flowers just makes her feel so good. daddy...................................one of the richest men in Lagos, but still works so hard..........money!...that's all he thinks about.

wanna go back to your room now? Charles asked her.

no, lets just stay here a while...

so your dad wants to..........

why do you asked about my dad all the time?...you love me, not my dad.

yeah.

she kissed him again, such a handsome chap, and so loving and caring, his lovemaking.....superb, they have being going at each other like teens in love, and she thinks she might be pregnant, not sure yet.

baby, I might be pregnant.

oh

yeah...not sure though..........

what will your dad think about it......

"oh....he will kill me".................she looked into his eyes.

really...

yeah......well not kill me, he will surely disown me, and focus on my two other sisters.

Charles just smiled......."well I have everything I want here with me, disowning you only makes it easier for me"

she laughed...........pulled him closer and enjoyed the rest of the evening, the wind blowing, people walking by, buses passing.....the sounds that make up Lagos.

her phone rang, it was seun, she quickly cut the call, no one will ruin her evening with Charles, not seun.

........................................................................................................................................................................................................

three months later she was found dead in her room, she had ingested rat poison, mixed with her breakfast of instant noodles, a suicide note was found next to her, detailing the reasons for her death....................an autopsy revealed that she was 6 weeks pregant.

how a girl so full of life could commit suicide suddenly was a mystery to everyone, including her close friends, actually she has just one.....................janet.......and one charles, a predegre botany student who had dropped out of school two months earlier.

to be continued
Re: THE Suitor..........................a Very Short Story by OYAY(m): 5:29pm On Oct 19, 2015
This will be interesting come and give it a life as soon as possible! Nice intro.
Re: THE Suitor..........................a Very Short Story by enewerome(f): 5:46pm On Oct 19, 2015
suspense is what makes a book. finish it quickly. need to know why she killed herself ..
Re: THE Suitor..........................a Very Short Story by rigarmortis: 6:02pm On Oct 19, 2015
chapter two

its been three months, three very long months, Patricia felt like she owes it to herself to go out and have fun, after oluchi's painful death and burial, she had lost all appetite for fun, nothing seems to cheer her up............until recently when she met Prince at a friend's birthday party, it had being wonderful watching those eyes stare at her, with what looked like passion, lust and adventure all mixed.

he had confidently walked over to her corner and started some deep conversation with her, too bad, Pat, as everyone calls her considers all those kind of stuff quite boring, save that for her two sisters Lola and oluchi..........oh oluchi, why did you have to commit suicide?........brushing the unwanted thought aside, she quickly willed herself to start dressing up, with her model-like figure and pretty face, dressing up gives her so much joy.........and the men........so much to look at, but she was the fun loving commitment hating type. and as soon as she gets bored, breaks up with the guy.

but prince....hmn such as cutie, would be so much fun.

she dressed up, picked her car keys and left.
Re: THE Suitor..........................a Very Short Story by rigarmortis: 6:12pm On Oct 19, 2015
chapter three

prince glanced at his watch angrily, he considers himself a catch and doesn't like being stood up on dates, now this Pat.........keeping her waiting for an hour, he picked up his phone, lo and behold.........think of the devil........in prada...to boot!

he quickly rallied himself, flashed his killer smile and opened the door for her, like a gentle would......or should, he knew she was rich, but not this rich.................2014 range rover..........but no girl ever makes him feel inferior....not prince.

hi, you kept me waiting..

sorry, I had stuff to do.

a frown flashed across prince's face, he smiled it off and ushered her into the restaurant.

so...........you what would you like to eat?

nothing, just take me home and make love to me............

prince was a little shocked, but then.......................................................................
Re: THE Suitor..........................a Very Short Story by rigarmortis: 6:20pm On Oct 19, 2015
chapter four

patricia smiled.

wow!....it was epic, the guy was not only a handsome face, he was good, so good, not like jimmy, that early comer, prince.....a good old late comer..............she was going to keep him till the end of the year party, then break up, cos Richie will be back from London by then........

she smiled again, patricia is back!

...................................................................................................................................................................................................

ogbeni i no get change!

"guy i go disgrace you here o"

you dey madt"

gimme my money sir"

richard reached into his pocket and brought out his last card......like they say, he paid the taxi driver, that goes his dinner.

he reminisced about the evening, the lovemaking, the girl seemed interested enough, until she was done, and ushered her a littled rudely out of her apartment.........well, if ever there is someone that cantame a girl.....its richard, he smiled as he remembered his past "conquests".........

he unlocked his door, lay on his bed........well more like a mat...and forced himself to sleep.
Re: THE Suitor..........................a Very Short Story by rigarmortis: 8:49am On Oct 20, 2015
chapter five

few months later, at an end of year party, venue (sandralia hotels, Abuja), December, 2013
......................................................................................................................................................................

loud music, pretty girls, enough drinks to drown a whale, single guys, Olympic size pool, great party.

prince glanced around, he was scarcely enjoying the great scene, he had spent time and effort, invested emotions into wooing this girl, but she still acted aloof, though she seem to like him well enough, seem to like the s3x, the attention, but only when she felt like, she hardly acted like someone in love, but prince wanted......needed her to be in love, this girl.......named Patricia.

Patricia sipped her drink, the s3x last night was amazing, he had explored every inch of her body, adoring and kissing every part of her body, before giving her the mind blowing kind of s3x she craved, too bad she wasn't the relationship type, and today was breakup day.

"baby, you havent told me about your siblings.......and parents"...........

ah!..prince, trying to penetrate her mind again..."they are fine, mom is dead, never really knew her, oluchi my sister, dead too, my sister Lola is here in Abuja, but scarcely parties, a loner, dad is in Lagos, what else do you wanna know"

typical answer from Pat, brief and to the point...........had to penetrate her mind, prince wished penetrating her mind is as easy as penetrating her $%#@^

Patricia stood up suddenly, walked towards the pool side and sat down, drinks always taste better near the pool, prince followed her, sitting down next to her, he tried to hold her hand, she pretended not to notice and signaled the waiter for another drink.

"ok, tell me about your sister"

"I don't really know her, prince"

"I want to........................"

"make love to me in the car prince.......................................come"

she stood up and walked towards the parking lot, clearly she was drunk, when prince made his way through the sea of party goers and got to the car, he met Patricia opening a bottle of Hennessey, after all the wine she had drunk, clearly she wanted to drink herself to stupor, come in baby, come and make love to me......................................

prince called one of her friends, handed over the car keys to her and went home.
....................................................................................................................................................................................................

the cleaning lady cursed under her breathe as she swept, such degenrates, wasting money in the name of having fun, when she got to the pool area, she cursed out loud, one of the spoilt kids had left her clothes inside the pool, who knows what else had happened inside there, she moved closer and tried to poked with the wooden side of her broom, it felt heavy, she poked again and saw flesh, the body turned over, it was the body of a young lady, she let out a loud scream and fainted.

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................

no one knew where patricia was, no one really bother, maybe she was bunking with one of her numerous toy boys, the next day was lecture free, so no one missed her in class, at about 7.30am the day after the party, the organisers got a call from the hotel manager, on getting there, they found a body in the pool, it was later identified as patricia.

she had probably had too much to drink, fell into the pool and drowned.
Re: THE Suitor..........................a Very Short Story by rigarmortis: 11:48am On Oct 20, 2015
chapter six

billionaire Cardoso's socialite daughter, drowns in pool party!

olujimi Cardoso stared at the newspaper, these guys are heartless!........his last daughter committed suicide and that was front page news and it affected every facet of his life from his health to the company's performance in the stock market............now this!

all he wanted was for his daughters to be successful, maybe he had pushed them too hard, and pushed them away.....if his beloved wife had not died during the birth of his last daughter, maybe she would have handled them better.

he couldn't fathom what could make oluchi commit suicide, Cardoso, being a devoted catholic couldn't bear the thought of her daughter in hell, and Patricia.............drowned......he had wanted his daughters to be lawyers and doctors, but look what he got.

its not totally their fault though, he had never being much of a father, apart from footing the bills he had stayed away from them for too long, working late hours and leaving early, by the time he wanted to know them, they were grown, and strangers!

two months ago, Patricia was buried, he had refused to attend the burial, out of anger, his eldest and only surviving child, Esther had handled everything, he had sent money to Abuja for the burial, a gesture that was rejected by Esther, afterwards he became remorseful and tried to call her but she had refused to speak to him.

glancing at the paper again, then the date, about three months ago, but still able to bring fresh pain.

he promised himself to make things right this time, he was going to bond with his daughter, no matter what, life is too short, he didn't want to die a sad man.

he immediately put a call to Esther.

........................................................................................................................................................................................................

esther's phone rang, she picked the call before she realised it was her father and quickly cut the call, today is her second date with Ojeih, she could still remeber the first time she met him.

she had gone to the stadium, to see the presentation of the original masterpeiece by leornado davinci....the monalisa, brought to nigeria for the first time, all art lovers in the country were present..............including Ojeih, how lucky!

her father had planned for her to study law, which she considered boring, she had switched to art instead, which she loved.

she could still hear his voice......."hello"

hi

quite a master piece"...the way it looks any direction you look.............uncanny"

yeah"....she had replied dryly, finding more pleasure in the artwork, her lovelife had being....well...zero, and the death of her two sisters, who were far more prettier just didn't leave room for romance.

but he had being insistent, and she couldn't help noticing his beauty.................................................

"you know, there is something about this that reminds me of tracy chapman..........strong personalities"

esther didn't see the resemblance, but she was intrigued, chapman is her all time best musician....she had to smile, couldn't be helped.

this time she looked at him....and saw how even taller and dominating he looked.

they had a good conversation and she had being blown away, he like everything she liked, art, music, simple living, atheism, no kids marriage, he was perfect!

she had gone home only after making sure he asked her out.........................................which he did.

on the second date, they ended up in her apartment in maitama....and made sweet love, she was inexperienced for her age, but he was patient and understanding......and.........................................and..................................................and....he had used his tongued.....for the first time she had an orgasm, she doesn't date, not to talk of having sex on the first, but he was different.

and she is going to see him again, life is fair................sometimes.

2 Likes

Re: THE Suitor..........................a Very Short Story by rigarmortis: 5:59pm On Oct 20, 2015
chapter seven

they were seated in avatar lounge having a good time, when her father called, she had his and cut the call.

"esther, I want to know your parents"

"I only have a father, and I hate him"

"please don't say that, I will like to meet your father"

afterwards, she had agreed, now alone in her apartment, she put a call through to her father...............

"hello"

"hello, esther, I have being trying to call you"

"I know, I want you to meet someone"

"oh"

"yeah, what is it"

"argh.....nothing esther, who"

"my boyfriend, I am almost thirty, I think I am eligible for one"

"please esther I don't want to fight you, I made many mistakes and I am sorry, I want you to be happy..............."

esther asked him when he will be available, it turned out he will be in Abuja for the weekend and they planned to meet in his mansion in asokoro.

......................................................................................................................................................................................

Ojieh smiled to himself as the waited for the chaffeur, he is going to be rich,....................cardoso's son in law, as soon as the chaffuer arrived, he put on his important man toga, waited for him to open the doors and completely forgot or ignored esther, he chatted with the driver about the nature of his job, his age, his experince........like he was the employer.........................

esther felt uneasy, firstly, she was seeing her father after a long while........and prince was acting rather strange, he ignored her throughout and when dinner was served, he paid her no attention, he talked to her father only, asking about the steel mills, business and such, well he must have been overwhelmed by the whole opulence and her father's sudden eager-to-please nature, still..................

later that night she spoke to him about it,........

"well its nothing baby, I was just inquisitive", was the reply, she pulled him closer and smiled herself to sleep.

2 Likes

Re: THE Suitor..........................a Very Short Story by rigarmortis: 6:24pm On Oct 20, 2015
chapter eight

mr. Cardoso, stared at the boy, seun, oluchi's first boyfriend, and a friends son, they lived together in an estate on the island, lagos.

"well, I have being trying to reach you sir"

"ok, what do you want, and what are you doing in Abuja"

"you instructed your secretary not to allow me in, I had to hide here by you gate"

"what do you want young man"

"well I want to talk about your daughter"

"she is dead and I will rather forget the issue"

"no, I want to talk about esther"

"what about her?"

"well can I come in"

mr. Cardoso reluctantly allowed him into his car, waved the driver to drive into the compound and sighed, he was looking forward to a good rest, not this.

"come inside and have a seat"

as soon as they were inside, seun began to examine pictures on the wall, as if he forgot the reason why he came.....................................

"well what do you want"

"esther is making a mistake, she shouldn't marry that boy"

"who?...ojeih?"

"yes"

"get out, now that am trying to get into my daughters life you want me to break up her relationship.......the reason she forgave me, you are mad, after breaking daughters heart"

" I didn't break her heart, she left me for Charles ojeih"..................."the guy now dating esther, I saw their wedding invitation and I thought I should let you know"

"oh"

"yes, he was my friend, she left me for him, Charles took advantage of a little fight we had and then nest thing, they were a couple"

"are you sure its the same man?"

"Charles is my friend....or was"

he reached into his bag and brought out a book, it was the 2012 matriculation year book, unilag, and sure enough.......................Charles ojeih.................the same ojeih, esther's fiancé.

1 Like

Re: THE Suitor..........................a Very Short Story by rigarmortis: 10:15am On Oct 21, 2015
chapter nine

Mr. Cardoso stared at the picture, except old age has finally come, and his eyes was playing tricks on him, this was Ojeih............

"well, it means, nothing, this doesn't prove anything you say, it only shows that Ojeih was once a student of unilag"

once again, seun reached into his bag and pulled out a picture, the picture shows him, Charles ojeih and oluchi, smiling into the camera at the beach.

"what is this se.un (just incase the landlord of this site keeps getting too many mentions)..............ok the picture shows you were all friends one time.................now you really must go"

"look at this one sir"

Mr. Cardoso chocked on his saliva...............................the picture showed oluchi kissing ojeih on the cheek like a teenage girl and a grinning ojeih wrapping one hand tightly around oluchi while taking the picture with the other hand.

"how did you get this"

"oluchi's phone, I transferred it to mine and printed it out"

"this is crazy"

"I agree sir"

'agree with what"

"with anything you say"

Mr. Cardoso became angry, but he didn't know where to direct his anger, he picked up his phone and forgot who he wanted to call, he just stared in thin air.

"I'm sorry you feel this way sir, but it had to be done"

"Oh shut up, after you broke ny daughter's heart you have the effrontery to face me with your sanctimonious............................."

"I never broke your daughter's heart sir..................we had alittle lover's quarrel, and he took advantage of that"

Mr. Cardoso became exhausted suddenly........he stared at the boy..."so what are you insinuating, they should cancel their wedding just because he happened to have know oluchi, I see your point, but I think esther is too in love to even see that, she will go ahead and marry him, and then blame and hate me for trying to break up her relationship"

"I think its worse than that sir"

"how"

"I have a theory"

"Charles ojeih might be oluchi's killer....................................I don't know about patricia yet"

"now I see that you are crazy, .....................it time to go"

he stood up and ushered seu.n rudely out of his home, he shut the door, but cracks of doubt had already entered the door of his mind.
Re: THE Suitor..........................a Very Short Story by nimat158(f): 11:19am On Oct 21, 2015
GREAT

1 Like

Re: THE Suitor..........................a Very Short Story by rigarmortis: 1:49pm On Oct 21, 2015
chapter ten

while relaxing in the office, Mr. Cardoso got a call from his secretary, "the minister of health's PA is here to see you sir"

"did he book an appointment?"

"no sir, but he says its urgent, its about closing the new site of the cement plant....on health reasons"

"oh...let him in"

seu.n walked into the office......."you didn't answer all my calls sir"

Cardoso became livid, "get out!....out!...since when did you become someone's PA, you spoilt brat, are you angry because some poor kid snatched a girl from you and is about to get married?'"

"no sir, I'm angry because I have proof that he killed Patricia"

Cardoso sat down heavily, lightening pain stabbed through his heart...............................................

"you slimy bastard, first you said he killed oluchi, now its Pat, what do you want?....ok...show me proof"

"well not really iron clad proof, I have another theory"

Cardoso picked up his phone and called security, "there is a mad person here, please come quickly"

quickly, seu.n reached into his pocket and brought out a picture, he placed it calmly on Cardoso's desk and opened the book he was holding......."sir, uniabuja matriculation year book, 2013, Charles Ojeih....."

"ok. ok, you guys can stop coming, but stay on stand by"....he informed security...."what do you want from me" he asked bitterly.

"I just wanna let you know the truth sir"

"ok, so Charles ojeih dropped out of school and reenrolled in uniabuja, so what?"

"that's where Pat schooled"

"so?"

"it means he is hell bent on marrying any one of your daughters"

"I see................so I should do what now"

"call esther and inform her to cancel the wedding"

"you still don't have proof, what you have is his matriculation picture and book to show he was once a student of uniabuja.......its not enough"

"where is esther now"

"she is in benin with Ojeih, to see his mother, they will be back tomorrow"

"well I think you should call her first, lets see if Charles let her know any of these, if he did, then I wont bother you anymore, means he is most probably innocent"

Cardoso just stared through seu.n, through the door, into the busy street, looking but seeing nothing, his mind full, yet blank.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.......................................>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

the next day

esther kissed her goodbye again, for the fifth time, yesterday was fun, Ojeih's mum, though poor made them feel at home in her humble abode, now she already misses him.....

"you will be in Abuja to see us soon mama"

"its ok my daughter, take care of my son"

esther looked at her man as he bent to hug his mother, such devotion, she knew he would make her happy, judging from the way he treated his mother, one last hug and they hopped into a cab, on their way to the airport.

it was only then than she had enough that to check her messages, plenty of them.....one was from her father........."esther please see me as soon as you get to Abuja, it's very important........dad"
Re: THE Suitor..........................a Very Short Story by rigarmortis: 3:59pm On Oct 21, 2015
chapter ten

esther hailed an airport taxi, kissed ojeih one more time and gave the driver directions to her father's house, it was okay to go alone as ojeih himself had some business to tend to.

when she entered she met her father, sipping some brandy, that's bad news, it means he was working himself up, prepping himself to say tell her something difficult........"what is it dad"

"esther my daughter, welcome, i'll have the cook prepare........................................"

"no need that....you message sounds urgent"

"look, my queen, I don't mean any harm, I don't want to cause you any trouble, but..........................."

"what dad?"

"did ojeih tell you he knew oluchi"

"no, well, what if he knew her...................."

"I mean close friends stuff.........................like they were dating"

"dad!.....I warn you, steer clear!, please!....its like no one is good for your daughters, you had to hire an investigator to..................."

"I didn't hire anybody!.................seu.n gave me all the info!"

"just lemme alone dad, cant I be happy...........where is his proof"

Cardoso showed her the yearbook....."ok this doesn't mean anything, he was a student of........"

"check this photo, esther"

esther flinched..........................oluchi and ojeih, they looked so happy together........................................

she picked her bag and ran out of the building.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

as soon as she was gone, Cardoso put a call to se.un......"now listen young man...enough!....I don't want you theories, just keep them, they don't prove anything!, you just go around upsetting people with your wild allegations!"

"sir, its not like that.............I have more facts, I will come to....."

"I don't ever wanna see you again, stay away, don't even attend the wedding"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

later that night, after another intense lovemaking, esther snuggled closer to ojeih.................she noticed that he had changed somewhat, he used to whisper sweet stuff and hold her close afterwards, now he just talks business, he wanted to ask him about oluchi, but she couldn't bring herself to..................................."baby"

"my dear I have being trying to tell you something"

"what is that my dear"

"oluchi was a close friend when I was in unilag, nothing major, she was a friends, girl friend, but we were best of friends"

"you never told me till now"

"I never knew she was your sister, I saw her picture in the family portrait with your dad explaining she was his last daughter, that is not the proper place to tell you, actually, I thought its an uncanny resemblance till I did some research"

".....well so you guys never............................."

"haba esther, she was my guy's girl and a close friend.....the day she died I..........................."

esther didn't want to hear anymore, she kissed him deeply to silence him.

so happy!
Re: THE Suitor..........................a Very Short Story by judette(f): 5:16pm On Oct 21, 2015
Following...this is a wonderful piece. weldone op
Re: THE Suitor..........................a Very Short Story by rigarmortis: 5:32pm On Oct 21, 2015
chapter 11

se.un locked the door of his hotel room and sat down, he was sweating profusely, about one hour ago, he was in karmo, in ojeih's room stealing ojeih's things...................any mistake and he would have being beaten half to death, karmo being a suburb of Abuja, has scant police presence and even if there was the mob would have done enough to disfigure his face at least, before the police can arrest him........which wouldn't have been better.........the suburb police were known to be as brutal as the mob sometimes.

he examined the stolen item, it was a strong box, locked, he would have liked to pick the lock and leave the room intact, but he was so scared he would be caught so he just took the box and fled, he checked the time..........11pm................he would break the box tomorrow, as ojeih's friend while in unilag...and before their friendship ended, he had seen ojeih keep diaries, plans and other things in the box.

he tried to sleep, he couldn't................................he stood up, lifted the box and smashed it to pieces.
.........................................................///..........................................................................................................................................

"sir, the PA to the minister of education called, he said its very urgent"..................cardoso's secretary informed him.

"do we have a meeting with the minister scheduled?"

"no sir, he said its impropmtu"

"tell him to get lost!"

"ok sir,...............................arrrrr, sir my boss is in a meeting.......pls....................hey come back here, where do you think you are going....hey!"

suddenly cardoso's door was flung open and seu.n sauntered into his office, holding books, peices of paper, and looking like a man with a deadly mission, "I have solid proof ojeih is a killer and a manipulator"....................he screamed!

Cardoso stared at him.................."its ok now bisola, give us some privacy"

"where are the others, I thought you were in a meeting"

"enough of the dry jokes, I don't wish to see you, but now that you are here, what do you want, where is your proof that he killed, my daughters"

"well, no concrete proof he kill them yet, but anybody who can be as cunning as I will show you now can kill"

Cardoso eyed him like a man would eye a dangerous snake....."get out now!"

"first he tried to date oluchi, she died...or he killed her"

"do you have proof, you bastard!"

"then he tried to date Patricia, and now esther"

"ok, I didn't really mean it when I told you to get out the other times, but now I am dead serious....leave!"

"take a look at these sir"

"I don't want to see them"

but for the love of cake he couldn't help himself from reading what was on the paper clippings.

.............oluchi.......quite dumb girl, should be easy.........................he glanced at seu.n....what is this?........he pointed to another paragraph...........................PATRICHRRIA......good looking, this would be a challenge.......

"who wrote all these, how am I sure its not you?"

'' I swear sir, I stole it from his room"

Cardoso look at him, this time like a hungry palace cat would eye a dirty gutter rat, food to eat but disgustingly inedible, like someone begging for food to eat but being offered food for thought.

"you stole from his room?....you are crazy"

"I know sir, now look here"

he brought out a diary and read it out loud................."I made two mistakes already, cant mess up with the last chance"......"sir I hope you know who the last chance is"

"se.un I appreciate your efforts, but this doesn't prove jack"

"I didn't mean it to prove "jack" sir, I wanted to show you that he is a premeditated love predator"

"now cut the jokes,.....along with the crap and.............................."

"this is the part that baffles me...........we have to show it to esther, she might know"

"now leave esther out of this whole crazy idea.....she has nothing to do with it.............."

"we are talking about the man she wants to marry here sir.....give me the phone and let me call her"

.......................................hello esther, its me, jonathan chukwu, your father's assistant,....is your fiancé with you...........oh he went to the bank?......well please come here as soon as you can, you father just had a stroke, the doctor is attending to him here already, he asked us not to move him, he is requesting for you!"

Cardoso muttered a string on curses under his breathe....................if not for the alcohol that he had been sipping since morning, he might have had a real stroke.

1 Like

Re: THE Suitor..........................a Very Short Story by Missmossy(f): 9:44am On Oct 23, 2015
Nice story line, you need to watch your words, your punctuation marks, your paragraphs too.

3 Likes

Re: THE Suitor..........................a Very Short Story by rigarmortis: 3:10pm On Oct 23, 2015
Missmossy:
Nice story line, you need to watch your words, your punctuation marks, your paragraphs too.

I don't really have time for that, I write the story off hand without any written notes, just type and post straight, reason is, I love literature a lot and read so much, novels, journals anything, though I read engineering school. I read even books for literature students like lord of the flies to WS to Hemingway.

where I work, I have free access to the internet, all day, unlimited download, so occasionally when I have cleared my desk and not on field/inspection.....................I just continue, don't have enough time to format it properly, I will even be bored by editing and all that formatting so I just type and post straight from the heart to the screen.

forgive all errors and take the story as it was intended......to entertain.

for literary masterpieces, well formatted and in excellent language........a certain William Shakespeare will do.

1 Like

Re: THE Suitor..........................a Very Short Story by joseph1832(m): 3:24pm On Oct 23, 2015
Rigarmortis I didn't know you like literature. This would have come as a surprise if I was close minded when it comes to human beings.
Re: THE Suitor..........................a Very Short Story by rigarmortis: 4:02pm On Oct 23, 2015
joseph1832:
Rigarmortis I didn't know you like literature. This would have come as a surprise if I was close minded when it comes to human beings.

oh, I love literature a lot! all books all authors

1 Like

Re: THE Suitor..........................a Very Short Story by rigarmortis: 5:01pm On Oct 23, 2015
chapter 12

esther stormed into the office with tears in her eyes, where's my father!...................she screamed at no one in particular, she swept the office with her eyes, and saw a bewildered missmossy, the busy body secretary, who always minded everybody's business but her own grin, everybody but her parents calls her missmossy, after the popular TV cartoon character, "where is my father, she screamed at her, where are the paramedics!"

"your father is in the boardroom with a visitor!", missmossy, or rather, mosunmola as she is formally known couldn't help but scream the reply

"keep your voice low, you.....you.....you"....esther seemed to lose her steam, she suddenly realized that the office does not have that aura of where something as grave as stroke has happened.

"look if my father is ill and you are hiding something from me..................................."

"miss Cardoso, you father is in the boardroom"......."you can open the door and enter if you wish"....with that she dismissed her with her eyes and returned to the computer"

such a pr1ck!......esther though to herself, to bad even she cant get her father to sack her, she is that good......."where are the paramedics?"

no reply..................

esther opened the door and stepped in.
......................................................................................................................................................................................................

inside, she saw seu.n smiling sheepishly while her father looked like a man who swallowed a live rat, which is crurrently running havoc inside his stomach......but he didnt look like a person down with stroke...not one bit!

"its his idea" cardoso blurted out, "i have no hand in this esther, talk to him"

if looks can kill, paramedics, or rather morgue attendants would have being needed, but fortunately looks cant kill, so seu.n survived esther's glance unhurt.

"wipe that smile off you face"

"have a sit esther, its true, your father had no hand, but there are things i want you to see"

"I have no interest in......................................."

"he is playing you......he dated oluchi, Pat and now you, he seems desperate to.............................."

"I suggest you shut up"

".................marry anyone of you"

Cardoso kept staring back and forth like someone watching a table tennis match, he suddenly felt something buring into his skin, he looked up and saw that it was esther's eyes

'you had to hire and investigator, no one is good enough for.......................''

"esther I swear I have no hand in this!"

his eyes seemed to tell the truth, but he cant be trusted, thought esther, you don't make a billion by being trustworthy

"we don't want your money dad, if that's what you think, we are in love...and happy"

"well maybe you don't.........................but he does"

"you keep spewing trash"

"first he dated oluchi"'

"he told me, say something else"

"then pat,.....then, you"

"where is the proof he has ever being in the same location with Pat"

"oh, did he ever tell you he became a student of uniabuja when he left unilag.........................thats where Pat schooled remember?"

"this is insane, when never talked about it.....there was no need....we............'' ........................confusion..."you guys need to stop"

"its not me esther, its him" Cardoso wanted to show his innocence.

"look here, this is him, in the matriculation book, uniabuja"...................seun said

esther started to cry...................."well, it doesn't show he dated her...and what if he did"

"its too much to be coincidence esther, he had it all planed out........................can you make sense of all these written here........focus on this part"

........oluchi..........dumb girl, should be easy..............................................................................bla-bla-bla...............patrcia...a challenge.............................more bla bla bla,..................................already made two mistakes cant mess up with the last one.

"what's all these", esther queried

''they are information I stole from his room, detailing his plans"

"and what is the proof he wrote them"

"I cant prove it to you, you have to believe me"

"you are crazy, stay away from me.....and dad, please stay away from us...........................she turned to leave...................

Cardoso cast a murderous glance at se.un...

"you bastard, I will wreck your blog!........you plan to bring me down and post kit on your garroted blog!....you chose the wrong victim........esther honey.................................."

seun ignored him and started reading randomly off the paper clips in the diary he stole.......

"Pat says her sis.....?esther?...will confirm..later..she loves art......monalisa, hemingway.........i have to research davinci, Michael angelo, cubism.........................................focus on renaissance art............................................................

dress simple, loves simplicity, buy enya albums
".....he looked up........

esther looked shell shocked....and blank

he read from the last pages...........

"plan to taker her to my mom...............her dad hates talking abt his biz..to take note....do slowly.........already planed obudu, she likes Victoria secret underwear.....................................................#dorgy style........and likes her breast forked#....take note"

esther fainted.
Re: THE Suitor..........................a Very Short Story by rigarmortis: 5:40pm On Oct 23, 2015
chapter 13

esther opened her eyes.......she was confused for sometime, she father was looking at her with tears in his eyes.....and seu.n was fanning her with a dairy.........................oh, the diary!...............it all came painfully rushing back!

"this cant be.......no"

"its ok esther, its all stuff written in the diary"

"keep that frogdamed dairy away" shouted cardoso....

"no, I wanna hear more.............."

"OK......favourite color of bra is....................................."

"stop!...not from the diary, I mean how all these string together to make sense"

"well I have a theory"

"what theory" cardoso asked him.

"he wanted to marry anyone of your daughters to be rich, he tried oluchi first, she fell for him, she got pregnant and he knew you a deeply religious, must have learnt that from questioning her, so he knew he couldn't get anything......so he killed her, then he moved to Pat, she is very independent, must have tried breaking up with him after sometime, so he killed her because he knew he couldn't marry the last if you know he had dated any of the two not to talk of both.

but not until he had gotten all the info and intel on his last chance did he kill PAT."

"good theory" cardoso said, "but flawed on some areas, one, I would never disown my daughters for getting pregnant and oluchi, committed suicide, there was a suicide note, and Patricia drowned"

"I know you dad, and you would have thrown oluchi out, you were so angry you didn't attend her burial"

"a parent cant stand his child being buried"

"that's not the only reason, you were angry"

cardoso stared like a kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

"I have another theory..................he killed Patricia by pushing her into the pool after she was drunk and no one noticed, that's easy...patricia is scared of water, the highest she would do is stick a foot in, its how he killed oluchi that I don't know, if I can get that, then everything will fall in place"

esther was still in shock, she still didn't believe totally "ell, I am not saying you are lying but prove that oluchi was murdered, which is the genesis and I will believe everything...........................

"what about the facts in the diary"

"don't go there"

"they are all true"

>>..awkward silence>>>..........

"well no one else could have known about some facts here except both of you, so I am guessing you believe it belongs to him.

............deafening silence>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"in here, it says you guys are inspecting the rolling steel mills in gwagwalada, when his mom comes on Saturday, we can question him there and get it on tape, because we don't have any evidence to give to the police yet"

esther burst into tears........................

"if it makes her uncomfortable just let it go pls"

esther looked up with tears in her eyes "I want to know the truth dad, I'm in.......Saturday"

more tears.
Re: THE Suitor..........................a Very Short Story by teamplayey: 6:26pm On Oct 23, 2015
Nice
Re: THE Suitor..........................a Very Short Story by rigarmortis: 6:43pm On Oct 23, 2015
chapter 13

the chauffeur was waiting with the door opened when they stepped out of the airport, for Charles prince ojeih and his mom, to take them straight to gwagwalada steel mills, where his future father in-law and bride are already waiting.

drive us to gwagwalada...and watch your speed man, said ojeih, already grooming himself on how to be a boss, his mom, a little woman with frail frame was slightly amused.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

GWAGWALADA STEEL MILLS, 9.30AM, SATURDAY

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"good morning sir" ojieh greeted cardoso

"good morning prince"................this is my assistant paul kagani...he will show us around"

ojieh flinched a little, how did he know he bears prince......or did he mean..."my prince" to show how fond he was of him?.,.....he waived the though aside...........................he looked at the assistant.........he wore dark glasses and a helmet which covered much of his face.

"good morning baby"...he kissed esther, who kissed back functionally, with no passion, she was acting weird, well he will take care of that in the hotel room.

cardoso hugged ojieh's mother, "will you wait for us at the cafeteria with esther, there is too much noise and activity inside there"

"go with her mom, we will soon be back"

the other three made their way inside.

paul explained every detail of the steel mill, ojieh was bored but feigned interest, all he knew is, this man will die and this will be mine, they kept walking past workers, to the top floor, from were the molten steel is pured......ojieh follow................

"we have to cross this one by one pls, stand there" paul instructed...ojieh stood back, it was a narrow walkway by which you can get to other segments from the lift which they were on, a small button will push the lift away from the walkway and one will be standing alone on the lift, one step forward and you fall into buckets of molten steel below.

cardoso crossed the walkway, paul crossed, ojeih was about to cross when paul pressed the button, and he was alone on the lift, the other faced him, they were not smiling, Paul kagani took off his helmet...and turned to seun.

"what is this!" ojieh demanded "connect the walkway and lemme pass!......"se.un, what are you doing here?"

"its time to talk ojieh, you can scream and no one will hear you below, one more push on this button and the lift will cave in, you will fall into molten metal below"

"what are you yapping about, Mr. cardoso do something, the man is crazy!''

"talk".....was all mr. cardoso said.

"about what!?"

"about how you killed oluchi, we already know you killed Patricia by pushing her into the pool while drunk"....seu.n asked

"you are mad!"..........hey you below! heyyyyy!

"they cant hear you above this noise ojeih, better answer" Cardoso informed him

"I didn't push anybody!...I didn't kill anybody!....you bastards!"

seu.n flashed the diary and notes....."look what I found ojeih"

"you idiot, you broke into my room"....he quickly recovered.."well I don't know who owns them"

"the game of death is up" se.un said

"shut up, you are so mad you couldn't keep I girl that was practically begging me to furk her!"...screamed ojeih

at that instant esther walked into the walkway through the other wing............

se.un and cardoso pleaded with her to go back.

"no I want to see, I already heard some of the things he said, I want to know how he killed oluchi"

"baby these guys are crazy, oluchi wrote a suicide note for the world to see, I am guilty?, ok so I furked all three daughters, is that worthy of death?"...."the police will catch you guys, you have no proof that I killed anybody"

seu.n pressed a button and one part of the lift floor gave way, leaving a very small space for ojieh to stand

"this is to show that we are not joking"

ojieh peed on himself, the sight made the other three look at him in disgust.............

"you guys want to kill an innocent man!...........I didn't do shiiiit!.........the note was writeen in her handwriting and not under duress, the police confirmed it"...ojieh was pleading now

"its for you to tell us how u made her do it, did you drug her?"

"bullshyte"

"you said u never slept with oluchi, not to mention Pat, now you are saying another thing" esther asked him.

"if I furked all y'all three, I don't deserve a death sentence"..was the reply

"tell us how you killed oluchi"

"go to hell"

seu.n pressed another button and the lift tilted 45degress

"sonofoAbeach-ed whale'' screamed ojieh,.........."ok, ok, she thought she was translating French to English, I knew she spends a lot of time in coutonou and has a good grasp of French, I wrote the note in French and ask her to translate to English"

esther started crying. cardoso was furious and sad, he wanted to kill him.

"ok, hold still, I will bring it back now, we have what we want, prepare to spend you life in jail" said seu.n

ojieh glanced at Cardoso, he will surely kill him, that's for sure and if he made his way to them...its the police station for life..........................................another lift was coming.........some workers were inside...cool, he will jump into their lift, make his way to the opposite end and escape.........ajegunle, he can get lost in there.

seu.n sensed he was about to do something stupid....hold still ojeih, its all good now, he said

suddenly, ojeih jumped, he miss-timed his just by the breathe of an old man's hair, but that was enough to make him miss the other moving lift....and he fell downwards....into the molten steel, in few days time, he will be part of a spoon, or roofing sheet, gun, who knows.

esther burst into fresh tears............."esther I swear I only wanted his confession", said seu.n..."the tears are not for him" she replied.

cardoso hugged esther and stared with a blank mind.

what are we going to tell his mom, asked seu.n...no one replied.

as the made their way out of the complex, the met ojieh's mom, exiting the cafeteria, she was worried, they had stayed too long and she was lonely, she saw them and relaxed..........but where was her son..and why was his bride crying.....early bridal tears?

"where is my son?", she asked Mr. Cardoso

"sorry madam, there has being a terrible accident......................................................................."

............................................................THE END...................................................................................

3 Likes

Re: THE Suitor..........................a Very Short Story by timmyblast(m): 11:11am On Oct 24, 2015
Nice write-up, suspense filled, action packed but not too good ending. Anyways its nice.
Re: THE Suitor..........................a Very Short Story by rigarmortis: 12:52pm On Oct 24, 2015
timmyblast:
Nice write-up, suspense filled, action packed but not too good ending. Anyways its nice.

Yeah, thnks bro, u dnt like the ending?
Re: THE Suitor..........................a Very Short Story by teamplayey: 3:09am On Oct 27, 2015
I'm thinking Mr. Cardoso will marry Ojieh's mother in the long run.
Whatever, after-all "Love Does find a way" !
Re: THE Suitor..........................a Very Short Story by SPDAZZY(f): 11:44pm On Feb 28, 2016
Nice one. Greed never pays

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

In Love With Her Pastor-episode 3 / Attai... The Sh.it Maker ( A Short Story ) / The Loser Is Back (aka Ipoststuff) Worlds Greatest Loser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 174
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.