Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,128 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:10 AM

Gender Inequality In Relationships (men Issues) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Gender Inequality In Relationships (men Issues) (622 Views)

What Is The Ideal Age Gap If Age Really Matter In Relationships? / Who Suffers More Physical/emotional Abuse In Relationships? Men Or Women? / Gender Inequality In Relationships (men Issues) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gender Inequality In Relationships (men Issues) by HelenaMag: 2:31pm On Oct 19, 2015
It shakes me that though we are in the 21st century, many men still think like our forefathers, where a woman is seen as a submissive and they dominant. Many have justified their actions with the verse of the bible that says “wives submit to your husband…”

Most men are always trying to dominate the relationship – their words should not be questioned and his woman is not to interfere in his personal life, for him cheating on her is a normal thing for a man to do and an apology should do, they justify by saying “all men are born promiscuous.” But if his woman dares to be just a friend with another man, she is seen as flirtatious, he would let hell loose and tell her to break off any contact with her male friends.

continue reading here: http://www.helenamag.com/2015/07/21/gender-inequality-in-relationships-men-issues/

1 Like

Re: Gender Inequality In Relationships (men Issues) by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 19, 2015
This one na olds (opposite of news) na. I was thinking you want to talk about gender inequities like women no paying dowries and bearing their mom's surname in marriage, contributing 1/2 of the money for family upkeep, paying half of the fees when they go out on dates, and many others I can't think of now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gender Inequality In Relationships (men Issues) by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 19, 2015
hmmmmm alright, if you can truly answer this question. When was the last time a guy took you out and paid for everything? when last did you woo a guy? when last did you pay a guy's dowry? when last did you protect him from a physical attack? when last did you carry him into the bedroom? see I'm not supporting dominance or whatever but a man gats to be a man and there would never be a balance in any relationship, one must be above the order but it should not be in a stupid way. Equality can never EVER come to pass until a man starts bleeding once a month and a woman starts impregnating men. God made it that way but Fk arrogance if that's what you meant by dominance.

1 Like

Re: Gender Inequality In Relationships (men Issues) by IamLEGEND1: 2:49pm On Oct 19, 2015
mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww
Re: Gender Inequality In Relationships (men Issues) by tosyne2much(m): 2:51pm On Oct 19, 2015
That's the way it will always be

Nothing can change it

1 Like

Re: Gender Inequality In Relationships (men Issues) by kingsmok(m): 2:54pm On Oct 19, 2015
Don't have much to say, but you have to think very well before your marriage, that just the way it is
Re: Gender Inequality In Relationships (men Issues) by HelenaMag: 2:55pm On Oct 19, 2015
tosyne2much:
That's the way it will always be

Nothing can change it

It is not always like that and wont always be.

Few ladies have the opportunity to be married to better men than the types described in the article. I think you should read the full article to have a full glimpse of what it talks about
Re: Gender Inequality In Relationships (men Issues) by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 19, 2015
HelenaMag:

Few ladies have the opportunity to be married to better men than the types described in the article. I think you should read the full article to have a full glimpse of what it talks about
miss, by your definition who is a better husband?

1 Like

Re: Gender Inequality In Relationships (men Issues) by HelenaMag: 3:01pm On Oct 19, 2015
icedbeatz:
miss, by your definition who is a better husband?

After reading the article you can tell what a better husband should act like, an opposite of what is described in the article
Re: Gender Inequality In Relationships (men Issues) by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 19, 2015
HelenaMag:

After reading the article you can tell what a better husband should act like, an opposite of what is described in the article
forget about the article because thousands of articles portray their own ideas of what a better or good man/hubby should be but from your perspective who is a better man? just explain my dear

1 Like

Re: Gender Inequality In Relationships (men Issues) by tosyne2much(m): 4:12pm On Oct 19, 2015
HelenaMag:

I guess you misinterpreted me. All I'm trying to say is that, the society we find ourselves is that, which gives men absolute predominance of authority over ladies without being necessarily questioned. However, a man can cheat (there's no big deal about that) but when a woman tries that, you know the society will definitely kick against it

1 Like

Re: Gender Inequality In Relationships (men Issues) by Vinshu(f): 4:16pm On Oct 19, 2015
Op,

Gender inequality only exists because you want it to. If you don't want it to, it won't. How?

- If your partner cheats in your relationship then end the relationship and move on with your life. No questions asked.

- Do not allow your partner have dominance over you.

- Work and earn your pay. He won't be able to brag or bully you financially.

- do things when you want to, not when he wants.

Life is short. It's nothing to lament about.

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need The Link Urgently / See The Scary Thing A Couple Received As Wedding Gift (photos) / How Do You Explain This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.