Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,536 members, 7,827,005 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? (53379 Views)

Dino Melaye And Ali Ndume In War Of Words Over Screening Of Ibrahim Magu / Okorocha: Ekweremadu Will Lose Seat To APC Candidate / Saraki, Ekweremadu Will Be Sent Packing Next Week – Senator Marafa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by stonecoldcafe: 7:52am On Oct 20, 2015
meforyou1:
coward boy. Where are the Abakaliki pix you threatened to upload.
Imagine agbero boy discussing legal and legislative issues. Mad teenager

Y so pained? Are you mad she is big on Nairaland politics abi did she screw you and chop ya money?

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by Nobody: 7:52am On Oct 20, 2015
tomakint:

Ekweremadu is already one leg in APC - FACT!
..Ekweremadu in APC is a political miscalculation..the cross carpeting won't work to his advantage given the internal politics in APC..his remaining in PDP is healthy to checkmate whatever excesses of the executive and the ruling party.. in saner climate... this is what opposition should be about..but this is politics, Naija style though..him presiding on screening, an interesting one that would be...the alluded on the context saraki is booted out!
Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by mechanics(m): 7:54am On Oct 20, 2015
meforyou1:
u are not only a coward boy but also a legal illiterate. Mr woman
wat has she done to u, she has said her point, say urs and stop d insult, she's even right if d case wil come up during d days cos Saraki wil ave to be in d court.

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by mechanics(m): 7:56am On Oct 20, 2015
modath:

An interesting turn of events....
But i still see Ekweremadu going to the other side..
Who knows, maybe he'd have gone since but still mulling over it...
u mean defecting?
Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by bakila: 7:57am On Oct 20, 2015
FirstCounsel:

Please permit me to correct you there sir. Election petitions are civil in nature thus Petitioners and Respondents need not necessarily appear except to give evidence. However in Criminal matters the Accused MUST appear in person no matter how HIGHLY placed. The CCT has ruled that it has criminal jurisdiction so how is it for you that Saraki can elect not to attend? I find your position strange with due respect to you. Thank you
He is not a lawyer, his post hardly qualifies for the views of a part three law student. Issues of attending court by an accused person is basic criminal law. Although one may say that the CCT may be liberal in such matters but not when the accused is on bail, which is one contract with the court that breach of has severe consequence for his liberties and reputation.
There are a lot of jokers on nairaland , take them serious for amusement only.

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by mechanics(m): 7:58am On Oct 20, 2015
tomakint:
Ekweremadu is already one leg in APC - FACT!
hahaha, hw do u knw?
Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by FirstCounsel(m): 8:04am On Oct 20, 2015
bakila:

He is not a lawyer, his post hardly qualifies for the views of a part three law student. Issues of attending court by an accused person is basic criminal law. Although one may say that the CCT may be liberal in such matters but not when the accused is on bail, which is one contract with the court that breach of has severe consequence for his liberties and reputation.
There are a lot of jokers on nairaland , take them serious for amusement only.
Thank you very much. Your advice taken. Will sit back and amuse myself at peoples deliberate show of ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by kingsfield(m): 8:19am On Oct 20, 2015
EdCure:

This is all you could say after all the verbiage?
You're a big fool.

You biafrauds don't ever contribute anything meaningful to a discussion apart from emotional tantrums.
Very repulsive set of clumsy schleps.
It's between u n him, pls don't insult Igbos. or generalise issues again oo
Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by Ephemmm: 8:21am On Oct 20, 2015
meforyou1:
I'm not a lawyer, let the lawyers in the forum speak.

A fool who did not know is still criticizing who knows: what an irony! tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by triplewisdom: 8:22am On Oct 20, 2015
meforyou1:
grin grin grin grin grin grin. S/he's the Cait Jenner of Nairaland. cc ngeneukwuenu!
Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by Ephemmm: 8:23am On Oct 20, 2015
neolboy:
Anybody can preside as long Ameachi nomination is not confirmed

You will get heart attack today: just watchout tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by meforyou1(m): 8:56am On Oct 20, 2015
stonecoldcafe:

Y so pained? Are you mad she is big on Nairaland politics abi did she screw you and chop ya money?
that NgeneUkwenu is a boy. What does being big on nairaland contribute to somebody's life?
Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by meforyou1(m): 8:57am On Oct 20, 2015
Obynolee:

What are you doing here then, the post is truly above your level
are u serious or joking? Do u know me?
Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by stonecoldcafe: 9:05am On Oct 20, 2015
meforyou1:
that NgeneUkwenu is a boy. What does being big on nairaland contribute to somebody's life?

What difference does it make if she is a boy masquerading as a girl? I sense low self esteem with you. I don't know what Nairaland does for people but I've come to associate op's name with political threads. Whether she is right or wrong is not my concern. Lay off her a*ss a bit bro. At least you're the man here, ain't it?

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by ihatesycophant(m): 9:08am On Oct 20, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

In criminal cases, the accused must be present and also sit in the dock until the trial is over. So he will be attending court anytime the case is called.
Whatever you don't know, you don't say it. It's only mandated for an alleged to appear for the first day but can be represented subsequently until the day of judgement delivery that he need to be there.
Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by greggng: 9:11am On Oct 20, 2015
Pls lawyers educate us o I thought the implication of yesterdays pronouncement by court of appeal was to set aside any judgement for now.
Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by Obynolee(f): 9:12am On Oct 20, 2015
meforyou1:
are u serious or joking? Do u know me?

Yes,no kidding, what else do I need to know about you when you have no knowledge of of the post and went ahead attacking someone (argument without fact ).A wise man argue to learn, that is why he backs it up with fact (s).
Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by meforyou1(m): 9:27am On Oct 20, 2015
stonecoldcafe:

What difference does it make if she is a boy masquerading as a girl? I sense low self esteem with you. I don't know what Nairaland does for people but I've come to associate op's name with political threads. Whether she is right or wrong is not my concern. Lay off her a*ss a bit bro. At least you're the man here, ain't it?
don't use 'she' for a 'he'
Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by meforyou1(m): 9:31am On Oct 20, 2015
Obynolee:

Yes,no kidding, what else do I need to know about you when you have no knowledge of of the post and went ahead attacking someone (argument without fact ).A wise man argue to learn, that is why he backs it up with fact (s).
who told u I have no knowledge of the post. I can't bring my self low to banter words with a cow like NgeneUkwenu
Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 20, 2015
bashydemy:
and the President have the Veto power to swearing Ameachi as minister without the Senate remember?

Bros please go and read the constitution!! Once a nominee is disqualified by the senate within 21 days it is over for him!! There is absolutely nothing the president can do about it
Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 20, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

In criminal cases, the accused must be present and also sit in the dock until the trial is over. So he will be attending court anytime the case is called.

If It Is A Criminal Case, What Stops The Anti Graft Agencies From Locking Him Up In A Prison. Then From There, He Will Be Coming To Court. You Are Just A Confused And Over Hyped APC Fan. Maybe You Started Following Up Issues Concerning Politics Less Than 10years Ago. Take A Course On Leadership And You Will Be More Constructive Than This And Know When And How To Talk.
Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 20, 2015
shaddoww:
I was having d same taught, but dis is wat does fighting him are actually fighting him for, just imagine how he will give PDP an advantage to mess up d presidency assuming it sends a serious bill on a day like dat

Point Of Correction, It Is "Thought" And Not "Taught". Secondly, A Bill Sent By The Presidency To The Senate Can't Be Approved By The Senate Under 3days. Or You Haven't Heard Of First Hearing Etc? Try And Be A Good Follower Of Politics And Also Read Your Country's Constitution And Understand It Better. Also, There Is No Reasonable Senate Member That Will Stop A Bill That Is Meant For The Good Of The Nation. Party Politics Has Nothing To Do With Passage Of Bill By The Senate. Once A Bill Is Of Good Nature (Of Which It Will Be), Then The Senate Will Approve It. Also Note That The Senate and Reps Are Part Of The Federal Government.
Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by giantstrides(m): 9:50am On Oct 20, 2015
SeverusSnape:

If that is true, then he will surely be voted out in the next election. I trust my South East folks, Ask Chris Ngige.

If he is made the Senate president, he will definitely retain his seat under APC, and we have to admit this will solve this whole Saraki issue once and for all. Ekweremadu also has his own loyalists who will decamp along with him into APC.
Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by Obynolee(f): 9:52am On Oct 20, 2015
meforyou1:
who told u I have no knowledge of the post. I can't bring my self low to banter words with a cow like NgeneUkwenu

That means you are taking it personal?, make una settle abeg
Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by duwdu: 10:36am On Oct 20, 2015
stonecoldcafe:

gringringrin

P34c3
Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by bakila: 11:01am On Oct 20, 2015
FirstCounsel:

Thank you very much. Your advice taken. Will sit back and amuse myself at peoples deliberate show of ignorance.
You are welcome.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by Ayatullah(m): 12:30pm On Oct 20, 2015
OSAMA BIN LADEN WAS VERY CORRECT!
Osama bin Laden once said he is not bound and has no regard for man-made laws. Who will not like to share his believe now with the behaviour of the court of Appeal that clearly picked a date and announced to the world that judgement will be delivered at a certain date just to swallow its words and give no reason for the indefinite postponement.
Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by wiseoneking: 12:41pm On Oct 20, 2015
meforyou1:
You are a dirty bitch, what has his submissions got to do with this your useless frustrated repose to him. Go back again and read his write up and come back and answer rightly insted of your trash. ARE YOU UPTO 15yrs old?. That is the only issu i have with Seun. You may be an Adult child.
Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by meforyou1(m): 1:17pm On Oct 20, 2015
wiseoneking:
You are a dirty bitch, what has his submissions got to do with this your useless frustrated repose to him. Go back again and read his write up and come back and answer rightly insted of your trash. ARE YOU UPTO 15yrs old?. That is the only issu i have with Seun. You may be an Adult child.
u are bloody fool
Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by bashydemy(m): 1:49pm On Oct 20, 2015
chukwudi44:

Bros please go and read the constitution!! Once a nominee is disqualified by the senate within 21 days it is over for him!! There is absolutely nothing the president can do about it
And in history of Nigeria, Have you ever seen a ministerial nominee disqualify on the floor? maybe there is remind me.... and mind you jupiter cannot stop Ameachi....
Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by awuf2008: 6:43pm On Oct 20, 2015
I would not be surprise if tomorrows plenary is postponed indefinitely.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Endsars: Thousands Of Protesters Begin 30km Walk From Awka To Awkuzu, Anambra / Pictures Of Ongoing Standard Guage Rail Project In Abuja / MC Oluomo Prostrates To Greet Elders At Oluwo's Mum’s 8th Day Fidau Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.