Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,867 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

Why Exercise Is Futile For Weight Loss! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Exercise Is Futile For Weight Loss! (1002 Views)

Health Exercise Tips- Why Exercise Is Very Important / Why Exercise Isn′t The Only Way To Lose Weight / Why Exercise Is A Must When Trying To Lose Weight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Exercise Is Futile For Weight Loss! by jkingx(m): 9:46am On Oct 20, 2015
http://bluestocker.com/why-exercise-is-futile-for-weight-loss/

Have you ever tried exercising for weight loss? Chances are you have and got discouraged at some point and quit! I know many people who have done just that. Matter of facts, I have too. It was August of that year and I decided it was time to exercise for all the benefits, especially for weight loss! I didn’t actually have weight to lose but I had to get rid of that belly that was beginning to bulge from under my T-shirts before it get out of control. ‘Six pack for Christmas’ was my goal. So I got a gym bag and filled it up with everything a guy could need in the gym, signed up at well-equipped fitness center and an expensive one at that, and I hit the gym! That annual subscription was wasted and I didn’t get my six-packs by that Christmas! I remember hearing a story about a fitness club member who walked into the gym at the beginning of a year to find the place full with people. He had to wait to get machines to work out with. When he voiced out his observation to one of the instructors and ask why the gym was so full, the instructor told him, “Oh! Don’t worry sir, this are the New Year resolution people, most of them will quit after a few weeks”.

WHY YOU WILL NEVER LOST WEIGHT BY EXERCISING ALONE!

Exercise alone is nearly almost, useless for losing weight! Don’t get me wrong. Exercise is great. The benefits includes;

Helps in growing new brain cell and overall mental activities
Reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases, diabetes and some cancers
Makes you feel good
Strengthens your muscles and bones
Increase your general well-being
You expect weight loss to be first on that list. Right? That’s what we all believe but it is not so. Sure, exercise can lead to weight loss but in itself for the purpose of weight loss, it is an exercise in futility. That is why we all get discouraged soon and give up.

Let me tell you why. People exercise for weight loss because they believe they burn calories during exercise. Seem like a simple logic; exercise, lose weight! But it doesn’t seem to work because we overestimate calories we burn during exercise and either genuinely underestimate our calories intake or denied what we are actually consuming daily. For instance, an hour on the treadmill burns about 500 calories! Just one meal at any fast food restaurant after workout will about wipe that out, not to talk of all the meals and drinks you have in one day. And remember, exercise make you tired and hungry thereby making you eat more! For people who drink for instance, a few drinks on a typical evening or weekend will load you with calories more that your entire exercise in a week burnt out. Many times, I’ll finish working out, shower, change and straight to hang out and have a few beers.

Does this means you shouldn’t exercise if you want to lose weight? No, no, no! It means exercise alone will never make you lose weight or belly fat.

What cause weight gain including Belly Fat?

There are two factors which causes weigh gain and both has to do with hormones! INSULIN and CORTISOL also known as adrenaline. Contrary to most people’s belief that eating fatty food will cause weight gain, fats ironically, is one macro-nutrient that has no effect on insulin.

EATING TOO MUCH CARBOHYDRATE.
Carbs

We hear folks always talking about avoiding sugar, meaning refined sugar we add to tea, coffee or in beverages, never realizing that carbohydrates food are the main source of sugar supply for the body. When we eat carbohydrates in whatever form, our bodies breaks it down to SUGAR! Now when there is more sugar in our system that the body needs, the hormone insulin comes in. Secreted by the pancreas, it goes into action; convert the excess sugar and store them as fat! Interestingly, one of the places insulin seem most happy to store the fats is in the belly region! The more carbs, you eat, the more insulin released, the more fat that’s stored, the more weight you gain! Most people associate the word insulin with diabetes and diabetics but it is always active in all of us. Only thing is with diabetics, the body is unable to produce enough insulin.

STRESS
Stressed

The second reason is stress. When we get stressed, the body get into the primitive defense mode; fight or flight! It releases another hormone called Cortisol or adrenaline. This is another signal for the body to store fats! So the more you allow yourself to be stressed up for whatever reason, the more your body will be storing fat! Mind you, there is also the fact that stress could make one eat and drink more which means more sugar intake.

Of course there is the hereditary factor in weight gain which is an entirely different issue altogether.

So How Do you lose weight and belly fat?

Cut out sugar
You must cut out high carbohydrate food, form your diet. Reduce such foods as cereal, bread, biscuits, pasta, pastries and soft drinks! Someone just thought; what about alcohol? Yes! Cut out alcohol and sodas! This is the most effective and fastest way of checking insulin and thereby preventing weight gain. It also interesting to note that insulin doesn’t only store fats, but makes it difficult for the fat to be easily burnt up.

Manage stress.
Stress, stress, stress! Many people live with so much stress for so long it become a part of them. It became accepted and allow to gradually destroy the body; high blood pressure, cardiovascular problems, diabetes, obesity etc. began to develop and sooner or later kill you.

To prevent weight gain and loss weight, you must manage and lower your stress level.

Now we can talk about combining exercise to lose weight. Regular exercise should be the key word! By the time we are controlling our sugar intake by cutting down on carbs, and lowering our stress levels, regular exercise can now be profitable and even accelerate the weight loss process.

So while you exercise, aim to make it as regular as possible. Consistency is more important than unsustainable intensities but before then consistently keep your carbs intake and stress levels in check.

http://bluestocker.com/why-exercise-is-futile-for-weight-loss/
Re: Why Exercise Is Futile For Weight Loss! by LegatusGlaber(m): 9:53am On Oct 20, 2015
Informative
Re: Why Exercise Is Futile For Weight Loss! by niggi4life(m): 6:15pm On Oct 20, 2015
Wow, nice piece of information
Re: Why Exercise Is Futile For Weight Loss! by linyberry(f): 6:28pm On Oct 20, 2015
that is why we all need to try the clean 9 weight loss supplement.. its not just for weight loss its also to detoxify the system call 09091363684 for more info or whatsapp 07056312791..
Re: Why Exercise Is Futile For Weight Loss! by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 20, 2015
Exercise isn't futile by any means.
Re: Why Exercise Is Futile For Weight Loss! by jkingx(m): 9:48pm On Oct 20, 2015
RobinLongstride:
Exercise isn't futile by any means.
Bros! Did you read the post? The point is exercise alone for the sake of losing weight will not make you lose weight! It clearly outline what must taken care off before exercise can make you lose weight!
The post clearly identify several benefits of exercise!!!! sad sad sad
Re: Why Exercise Is Futile For Weight Loss! by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 20, 2015
jkingx:

Bros! Did you read the post? The point is exercise alone for the sake of losing weight will not make you lose weight! It clearly outline what must taken care off before exercise can make you lose weight!
The post clearly identify several benefits of exercise!!!! sad sad sad
Then the topic is misleading.
If the "is" is replaced with "can be" it'll identify better with the post.
Re: Why Exercise Is Futile For Weight Loss! by jkingx(m): 11:45pm On Oct 20, 2015
RobinLongstride:

Then the topic is misleading.
If the "is" is replaced with "can be" it'll identify better with the post.
Thanks. I get your point.
Re: Why Exercise Is Futile For Weight Loss! by engrbrume(m): 12:59am On Oct 21, 2015
You can visit my website to check out the best products in the market for weight loss. http://www.naturalfatburners.flp.com/
Re: Why Exercise Is Futile For Weight Loss! by kokomilala(m): 8:49am On Oct 21, 2015
Of course, nobody should be under any illusions that exercise will solely carve out that demi-god physique that makes heads turn.However, exercise cannot be discounted.A holistic approach will achieve it.
If you exercise and don't get results, it is possible you're not exercising properly, eating right, sleeping well, or you have a sick genetic code.Well, the last one would apply to building fat free muscles.
It could also be that you've hit a plateau, and your body doesn't progress exercise-wise any longer.So, you need to shock the body out of its rut or comfort zone.
I'm in my 4th decade; and I've been exercising, by God's grace, since July 1997 without fail.
From my years of practice and research, I've helped people who are 'obedient' to lose weight.A synergy of exercise, decoded supplements, and tinkering of lifestyle has always done it.
People train wrong.They focus on the poverty of aerobics, which offers little in the way of efficient and sustainable expenditure of calories...
Re: Why Exercise Is Futile For Weight Loss! by jkingx(m): 9:22am On Oct 21, 2015
kokomilala:
Of course, nobody should be under any illusions that exercise will solely carve out that demi-god physique that makes heads turn.However, exercise cannot be discounted.A holistic approach will achieve it.
If you exercise and don't get results, it is possible you're not exercising properly, eating right, sleeping well, or you have a sick genetic code.Well, the last one would apply to building fat free muscles.
It could also be that you've hit a plateau, and your body doesn't progress exercise-wise any longer.So, you need to shock the body out of its rut or comfort zone.
I'm in my 4th decade; and I've been exercising, by God's grace, since July 1997 without fail.
From my years of practice and research, I've helped people who are 'obedient' to lose weight.A synergy of exercise, decoded supplements, and tinkering of lifestyle has always done it.
People train wrong.They focus on the poverty of aerobics, which offers little in the way of efficient and sustainable expenditure of calories...
GBAM!
Re: Why Exercise Is Futile For Weight Loss! by jkingx(m): 9:22am On Oct 21, 2015
kokomilala:

GBAM!

1 Like

Re: Why Exercise Is Futile For Weight Loss! by linyberry(f): 12:18pm On Oct 21, 2015
people exercise is good but to loose weight easier and faster and at the same time detoxify the system ..try clean 9 weight loss supplements .you can loose up to 15 kg in just 9 days ,plus detoxify your system too leaving you healthier and slimmer... what's app 07056312701 for more info on how to purchase..

Re: Why Exercise Is Futile For Weight Loss! by igboyorubagoon: 2:11pm On Oct 21, 2015
I found that cutting out carbs, such as eating rice with meals or bread helped me lose weight. I lost more than ten pounds in a week. Now I only have one meal a day with a lot of carbs with the rest I cut them out.
I found this to be a helpful guide.
http://www.nutritionfitnesscentral.com/lose-belly-fat-right-way/
Re: Why Exercise Is Futile For Weight Loss! by prettyjo(f): 5:05pm On Oct 21, 2015
nice

(1) (Reply)

Ladies Please What Are The Remedies Of Severe Painful Menstruationss / Photos: VVF Patients Carrying Bowls At Murtala Muhammad Hospital, Kano / Varicose Veins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.