Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,120 members, 7,821,837 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today (35156 Views)

Lady Killed After Withdrawing Money From Diamond Bank In Lagos (Graphic Photos) / Bomb Scare At Diamond Bank In Jos As Bomb Is Suspected To Be In Car Parked / My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by tolexy007(m): 9:06am On Oct 22, 2015
shocked
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by harry509: 9:09am On Oct 22, 2015
RedCard1:
It was about 10:09 that I decided to go to Diamond Bank Nkpolu/Mile 3 branch along Ikwerre Road in Port Harcourt for the processing of my Bank Verification Number, BVN. The bank isn't far from RSUST round about. I left for the Bank with my good neighbour who I convinced to opening an account with the bank for his wife, so his wife came along with us.
We got there at about 10:40. The BVN took less than 20minutes so, by 11:00 we would have been on our way home but for the que on the exit door. So we waited for 5minutes, it was 11:05 now.
My neighbour's wife was out already and my neighbour was in the exit door (abi na room) set to go while I was still standing. All of a sudden, we heard gun shots but it didn't shake us until it kept sounding. Over 200 people (staff included) inside the bank started shivering. People started recieving calls from outside that armed robbers were around. I got close to the window, opened the curtain a bit just to get a glance at what was happening outside of the bank but I couldn't see anything beyond the bank premises. I only saw customers hiding behind themselves outside the bank. The gun kept making the scary noise. At this point, my heart started boiling, I began to think of my mother, siblings, friends and other beloved ones. My neighbour was stuck in the exit door as the door power was switched off cos the order was no going out or coming in. We ran into different rooms. Some women started crying. An old man (supposedly in his 70s) started rolling on the floor. The bank staff started calling police men but police didn't come despite the fact that a police station was just at UST junction not far from the bank. 14minutes later, there was great silence in the area. That was when a staff got a call and was told that the robbers had gone but they didn't still allow movement in the bank. People started coming out of several rooms in great numbers. We started complaining that we wanted to go. After sometime, a staff (don't know if it was the manager) started ordering everybody to stop filling forms and withdrawal/deposit slips. He said the bank had stopped operation for the day. Now the door was open, we rushed out and saw police men checking on a green colour 4runner jeep parked directly opposite the bank. That was when we discovered that robbers had attacked a man and took over 1million Naira from him. The robbers didn't come for the bank. I'm glad I'm resting at home now. As I no die today eh, I no fit die again.
tank GOD 4 d gift of life....

1 Like

Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by Applaner: 9:10am On Oct 22, 2015
I blame Buhari
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by sayutihabib: 9:11am On Oct 22, 2015
Thank God for your life
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by luluosas(m): 9:14am On Oct 22, 2015
To GOD be all the glory.
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by Rilwayne001: 9:17am On Oct 22, 2015
Thank God for your life.
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by dearestaramide: 9:17am On Oct 22, 2015
villareal15:
PH is becoming something else

Seriously!? Then where did you keep lagos?That state will soon be kept under state of emergency if care is not taken.you cant even drive or stop at traffic lights waiting for signal to move for fear that robbers wil clear your doubts and then worst of all the traffic gridlock aint helping matters at aaaaalllllll

3 Likes

Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by Gustekkp(f): 9:17am On Oct 22, 2015
Thank God for your life.May you be covered with the blood always,.Amen
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by dearestaramide: 9:18am On Oct 22, 2015
Applaner:
I blame Buhari

I seeeee.............................. hmmmmm
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by abacusCm(m): 9:19am On Oct 22, 2015
@Op if that is the case that shouldn't be your headline bcs the robbery didn't take place in Diamond bank
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by ikombe: 9:20am On Oct 22, 2015
dazzlingd:
wat a scary experience

on a jovial note, please wat r d names of the robbers grin
amechi and otedeola undecided
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by Jabioro: 9:21am On Oct 22, 2015
Oga where is the goodies, we rejoyed with you and yours family.Don't forget my my bottle of Origin
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by justmenoni: 9:22am On Oct 22, 2015
Op I happy for you ooo but tar name everyone go die one day name and Op wait oo so u,ur neighbor and hin wife dey jobless or no get job?? Chai d Situation of this country really bad no be small ooo abi why husband and wife dey home at dat time but maybe dem dey leave abi? grin grin

RedCard1:
It was about 10:09 that I decided to go to Diamond Bank Nkpolu/Mile 3 branch along Ikwerre Road in Port Harcourt for the processing of my Bank Verification Number, BVN. The bank isn't far from RSUST round about. I left for the Bank with my good neighbour who I convinced to opening an account with the bank for his wife, so his wife came along with us.
We got there at about 10:40. The BVN took less than 20minutes so, by 11:00 we would have been on our way home but for the que on the exit door. So we waited for 5minutes, it was 11:05 now.
My neighbour's wife was out already and my neighbour was in the exit door (abi na room) set to go while I was still standing. All of a sudden, we heard gun shots but it didn't shake us until it kept sounding. Over 200 people (staff included) inside the bank started shivering. People started recieving calls from outside that armed robbers were around. I got close to the window, opened the curtain a bit just to get a glance at what was happening outside of the bank but I couldn't see anything beyond the bank premises. I only saw customers hiding behind themselves outside the bank. The gun kept making the scary noise. At this point, my heart started boiling, I began to think of my mother, siblings, friends and other beloved ones. My neighbour was stuck in the exit door as the door power was switched off cos the order was no going out or coming in. We ran into different rooms. Some women started crying. An old man (supposedly in his 70s) started rolling on the floor. The bank staff started calling police men but police didn't come despite the fact that a police station was just at UST junction not far from the bank. 14minutes later, there was great silence in the area. That was when a staff got a call and was told that the robbers had gone but they didn't still allow movement in the bank. People started coming out of several rooms in great numbers. We started complaining that we wanted to go. After sometime, a staff (don't know if it was the manager) started ordering everybody to stop filling forms and withdrawal/deposit slips. He said the bank had stopped operation for the day. Now the door was open, we rushed out and saw police men checking on a green colour 4runner jeep parked directly opposite the bank. That was when we discovered that robbers had attacked a man and took over 1million Naira from him. The robbers didn't come for the bank. I'm glad I'm resting at home now. As I no die today eh, I no fit die again.
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by miqos02(m): 9:22am On Oct 22, 2015
hmmm
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by Abee79(m): 9:22am On Oct 22, 2015
It was obviously an inside job. Someone inside the bank knew that a customer would be coming to withdraw a large amount of money that morning and he/she arranged for that customer to be ambushed in a commando style outside the bank to make it seem like a random robbery. Of course, we all know that random robberies of that kind are quite rare . . .
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by ikombe: 9:23am On Oct 22, 2015
Yomieluv:
boys are becoming darer everyday.
when the country self na real commando , what do u expect undecided
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by ikombe: 9:26am On Oct 22, 2015
justmenoni:
Op I happy for you ooo but tar name everyone go die one day name and Op wait oo so u,ur neighbor and hin wife dey jobless or no get job?? Chai d Situation of this country really bad no be small ooo abi why husband and wife dey home at dat time but maybe dem dey leave abi? grin grin

shey na everybody go dey work by dat time

U think say na everybody dey surfer like u wey dey wake 6am come back 9pm. Only for month end make dem pay u 25K undecided
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by repogirl(f): 9:26am On Oct 22, 2015
Crime rate on the increase!

Enjoy una rotten smelling change! angry
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by tellwisdom: 9:27am On Oct 22, 2015
Op, na gun shot make u dey piss for body...If you come go borno where bomb na knock out nko?

1 Like

Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by Bryan12(m): 9:29am On Oct 22, 2015
RedCard1:
the old man part got me almost got me cracked up......
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by aameyah(f): 9:29am On Oct 22, 2015
God saved your friend ooo that they were not visiting the branch. Because they usually blast out those trap doors and your friend was trapped inside.

3 Likes

Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by groovie(m): 9:29am On Oct 22, 2015
yuzedo:

grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin

Man u still dey this forum? E don tey o!
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by ikombe: 9:30am On Oct 22, 2015
SylarsMcQuins:
Funny dude, this aint no experience joor as if u saw and encountered the robbers.

That aside.

Download this hot blazing single from my hommie.

Larry Kuti - Olowo Fe Dabira
www.ipunjab.me/singles/download/2929/Olowo-Fe-Dabira-by-Larry-Kuti.html

Its still trending peeps.
La click , La download , La bend undecided

1 Like

Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by TheMainMan: 9:35am On Oct 22, 2015
What if the robbers had come for the bank.. What would have happened to Ur friend trapped at the exit door when usin explosives and guns to break down the door.. He should be the one to go for testimony..shocked shocked..

3 Likes

Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by KingMikowski(m): 9:42am On Oct 22, 2015
RedCard1:
When you hear a gun shot(s) just pin down, take a proper cover....so far you're still hearing the sound means is not for you. Happy survival though!
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by ikombe: 9:43am On Oct 22, 2015
repogirl:
Crime rate on the increase!

Enjoy una rotten smelling change! angry
they have been robbing before change came undecided
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by SlyCharlie(m): 9:43am On Oct 22, 2015
An to think that a police station is just about two minutez walking distance from that bank....
This NPF sef angry sad angry angry angry undecided...
That area is usually hot the police should already know that by now and should be on alert..
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by ikombe: 9:45am On Oct 22, 2015
TheMainMan:
What if the robbers had come for the bank.. What would have happened to Ur friend trapped at the exit door when usin explosives and guns to break down the door.. He should be the one to go for testimony..shocked shocked..
help me tell am oh undecided
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 22, 2015
Jonathan sef cry
Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by hoodboy(m): 9:53am On Oct 22, 2015
I was at Genesis I heard the shots

1 Like

Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by UnimkeAk(m): 10:01am On Oct 22, 2015
Abee79:
It was obviously an inside job. Someone inside the bank knew that a customer would be coming to withdraw a large amount of money that morning and he/she arranged for that customer to be ambushed in a commando style outside the bank to make it seem like a random robbery. Of course, we all know that random robberies of that kind are quite rare . . .

Mr security expert!

The Op didn't say the guy withdrew the 1m from the diamond bank he went to do his bvn.

The man might just be enroute from another bank ; house or some other place.

I TOO KNOW!
ITK

2 Likes

Re: My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today by ikombe: 10:07am On Oct 22, 2015
SlyCharlie:
An to think that a police station is just about two minutez walking distance from that bank....
This NPF sef angry sad angry angry angry undecided...
That area is usually hot the police should already know that by now and should be on alert..
dem suppose get independent organisation wey go dey treat with this police ignorance undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Soldier Stabs Motorcyclist To Death, For Shunning Him In Ogun State / Justice For Deborah: Help Sign The Petition On Change.org Now (Photo) / Woman Stabs Husband’s Lover With Broken Bottle In Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.