Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,381 members, 7,829,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

At What Age Is Being Single Awkward? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / At What Age Is Being Single Awkward? (2852 Views)

6 Quotes Ladies Say To Justify Themselves For Being Single / What Age Is Best For Marriage For Ladies And Guys? Your Opinion... / Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

At What Age Is Being Single Awkward? by kstadaura: 9:09pm On Oct 21, 2015
There are people when you tell them you are single they will never believe you,they use to say at your age its impossible to be single.

So guys is there age limit of being single?
Re: At What Age Is Being Single Awkward? by vizkiz: 9:17pm On Oct 21, 2015
at age 40 and you are still single...you need to spend 50 days and nights on the montain
Re: At What Age Is Being Single Awkward? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 21, 2015
Actually, there is no definitive age or limit as to when being single becomes awkward.

I would say it all depends on the individual and how his/her ideas about "being single" are influenced by society and cultural environment in which he/she lives in.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Is Being Single Awkward? by elantraceey(f): 9:17pm On Oct 21, 2015
To me, there shouldn't be any limit.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Is Being Single Awkward? by flawlessT(f): 9:21pm On Oct 21, 2015
vizkiz:
at age 40 and you are still single...you need to spend 50 days and nights on the montain
shocked
Re: At What Age Is Being Single Awkward? by Wolenice(m): 9:22pm On Oct 21, 2015
vizkiz:

And when u come down from the mountain, ur spouse go dey wait for u ba?

4 Likes

Re: At What Age Is Being Single Awkward? by flawlessT(f): 9:24pm On Oct 21, 2015
Everyone has his or her time limit and dah will be met with God by ur side
Re: At What Age Is Being Single Awkward? by respect80(m): 9:24pm On Oct 21, 2015
For guys no qualms long as you have some cash in your account [size=16pt]BUT[/size]

Girls still single @28, keep seeing whatsapp, Facebook, BBM, twitter & wechat as your carrier until your parents decide to put your name on jumia, OLX or Konga even super sports (dstv)

1 Like

Re: At What Age Is Being Single Awkward? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 21, 2015
vizkiz:

Please speak for yourself. This is just your opinion.
Not everyone thinks the way you think.

The fact that someone is over 40 and isn't married doesn't mean that the person is in need of special prayers, except of course the person wants to desperately get married but hasn't.

Just as i stated earlier, everyone has different views and ideologies about life and about relationships and as such can choose to marry at whatever age they like or not to marry at all.

It's just that most of us Nigerians have been heavily influenced by our cultural and societal ideas and due to that have been streamlined to think in one particular pattern.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Is Being Single Awkward? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 21, 2015
I don't think it's awkward or even eyebrow raising to be single at any age, because many factors contribute to why someone may choose to be single for the time being. What I find odd are those who monkey jump from one relationship to the next without taking a down time to reflect & just breathe. Some people do feel empty without relationships though & can't even begin to comprehend that there are some people who do just fine without being in a relationship. So maybe the people who think you're too old or whatever to be single, are the relationship co-dependant types. Don't let them make you doubt yourself because you're actually doing it the correct way. If dating just for the sake of being boo'ed up works for them, then that's on them. You do you.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Is Being Single Awkward? by vizkiz: 9:32pm On Oct 21, 2015
flawlessT:
shocked

you better start replying pms time is running out! tongue

Wolenice:
And when u come down from the mountain, ur spouse go dey wait for u ba?

believe me bro, that was how I met my babe. I was on the mountain for 2 days and I got a message that the first babe that will quote me on NL is my wife. undecided
Re: At What Age Is Being Single Awkward? by Vinshu(f): 9:34pm On Oct 21, 2015
Is it compulsory to get married? Single for life and happy Vs Married for life and miserable which pays? undecided
Re: At What Age Is Being Single Awkward? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 21, 2015
Vinshu:
Is it compulsory to get married? Single for life and happy Vs Married for life and miserable which pays? undecided

None of d above. Life's a dikc! Gives sweet pain. So is marriage. Sweet pain all the way smiley
Re: At What Age Is Being Single Awkward? by coldHeat: 9:37pm On Oct 21, 2015
The age at which you allow society tell you how to live give life.
For some it could be 30, for others 40, some others eleventy.
Re: At What Age Is Being Single Awkward? by kestolove95(m): 9:37pm On Oct 21, 2015
Re: At What Age Is Being Single Awkward? by vizkiz: 9:38pm On Oct 21, 2015
Decker:

Please speak for yourself. This is just your opinion.
Not everyone thinks the way you think.

The fact that someone is over 40 and isn't married doesn't mean that the person is in need of special prayers, except of course the person wants to desperately get married but hasn't.

Just as i stated earlier, everyone has different views and ideologies about life and about relationships and as such can choose to marry at whatever age they like or not to marry at all.

It's just that most of us Nigerians have been heavily influenced by our cultural and societal ideas and due to that have been streamlined to think in one particular pattern.

why the sermon abeg

If you are more than 40, and you are "ringless" go for fast and prayer. Finish angry

1 Like

Re: At What Age Is Being Single Awkward? by Vinshu(f): 9:40pm On Oct 21, 2015
pinceprinz:

None of d above. Life's a dikc! Gives sweet pain. So is marriage. Sweet pain all the way smiley

Nothing like sweet pain. That is just delusion.

You can have a happy life if you want.
Re: At What Age Is Being Single Awkward? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 21, 2015
Vinshu:

Nothing like sweet pain. That is just delusion.

You can have a happy life if you want.

'Happy life if I want' ? cheesy Now, that's delusion. Until somebody on this forum can say 'I chose my parents' will happiness become choice.

I don't expect U to understand me in the first place tho, cos I know ure too smart to. Quoted u cos that's the perfect answer for those who are wise but had this your kinda believe.
Re: At What Age Is Being Single Awkward? by Vinshu(f): 9:56pm On Oct 21, 2015
pinceprinz:

'Happy life if I want' ? cheesy Now, that's delusion. Until somebody on this forum can say 'I chose my parents' will happiness become choice.

I don't expect U to understand me in the first place tho, cos I know ure too smart to. Quoted u cos that's the perfect answer for those who are wise but had this your kinda believe.

Parents do not determine how good your life would be. If you work hard in your early days your later would be good. That is what I mean. I know that we do not choose who we are or where we come from. But you can choose how you want to spend your life (good or bad).

But like you said, I won't understand. Make me understand
Re: At What Age Is Being Single Awkward? by flawlessT(f): 9:59pm On Oct 21, 2015
vizkiz:

you better start replying pms time is running out! tongueHahahahahahaha,oya send ur own pm nah...Am waitin for urs grin

believe me bro, that was how I met my babe. I was on the mountain for 2 days and I got a message that the first babe that will quote me on NL is my wife. undecided
Re: At What Age Is Being Single Awkward? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Oct 21, 2015
Vinshu:

Parents do not determine how good your life would be. If you work hard in your early days your later would be good. That is what I mean. I know that we do not choose who we are or where we come from. But you can choose how you want to spend your life (good or bad).

But like you said, I won't understand. Make me understand

You surprised me sweerie! Sounding level headed this time, what happened? cheesy

Anyway,let me explain myself like you'd requested wink

My definition of happiness is not limited to having the wealth. Happiness is when you can have and possess the everlasting bliss. When you won't have to worry about wanting for anything. When you won't have to be sad cos no single thing will make you sad. When everything is just as the way you want it to be.... Now, that sounds delusional . Yes or yes? smiley

So, my point was even if you're running away from marriage just cos u fear that your peace and bliss will be stolen from U, then, you're as good as running away from life cos life even if you have the wealth of Mansa Musa and the Power of Queen Elizabeth 1 won't be worry free overtly . You dig me now?
Re: At What Age Is Being Single Awkward? by ivyT(f): 10:27pm On Oct 21, 2015
respect80:
For guys no qualms long as you have some cash in your account [size=16pt]BUT[/size]

Girls still single @28, keep seeing whatsapp, Facebook, BBM, twitter & wechat as your carrier until your parents decide to put your name on jumia, OLX or Konga even super sports (dstv)
lolz..
Re: At What Age Is Being Single Awkward? by Vinshu(f): 10:35pm On Oct 21, 2015
pinceprinz:

Happiness is when you can have and possess the everlasting bliss. When you won't have to worry about wanting for anything. When you won't have to be sad cos no single thing will make you sad. When everything is just as the way you want it to be.... Now, that sounds delusional . Yes or yes? smiley

So, my point was even if you're running away from marriage just cos u fear that your peace and bliss will be stolen from U, then, you're as good as running away from life cos life even if you have the wealth of Mansa Musa and the Power of Queen Elizabeth 1 won't be worry free overtly . You dig me now?

I disagree. I'm worry free at this point tongue
Re: At What Age Is Being Single Awkward? by donholy28(m): 10:37pm On Oct 21, 2015
For a man 35...for a woman 30
Re: At What Age Is Being Single Awkward? by Chibaby87(f): 10:41pm On Oct 21, 2015
I know guy, he is 40+ but never ready to marry but I suspected, he is under curse.
Re: At What Age Is Being Single Awkward? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 21, 2015
Vinshu:

I disagree. I'm worry free at this point tongue

Like I said you're too smart to agree tongue

Anyway, I disagree you're worry free too. Let me give u an e.g smiley if the entirety of my previos reply didn't worry you, you wouldn't have bothered editing it like you just did cheesy
Re: At What Age Is Being Single Awkward? by Chibaby87(f): 10:43pm On Oct 21, 2015
donholy28:
For a man 35...for a woman 30

Woman own shouldn't be by force cos women can't propose to a guy.
Re: At What Age Is Being Single Awkward? by Vinshu(f): 10:44pm On Oct 21, 2015
pinceprinz:

Like I said you're too smart to agree tongue

Anyway, I disagree you're worry free too. Let me give u an e.g smiley if the entirety of my previos reply didn't worry you, you wouldn't have bothered editing it like you just did cheesy

Lol. Actually it didn't
Re: At What Age Is Being Single Awkward? by donholy28(m): 10:46pm On Oct 21, 2015
Chibaby87:

Woman own shouldn't be by force cos women can't propose to a guy.
A woman that plays her card right without too much am too young and looking for Mr.right forming will get married b4 28 years

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Is Being Single Awkward? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 21, 2015
Vinshu:

Lol. Actually it didn't
You lie too much I'm sure you're lying down on your bed even now cheesy
Re: At What Age Is Being Single Awkward? by Yksoul(m): 10:54pm On Oct 21, 2015
Chibaby87:
I know guy, he is 40+ but never ready to marry but I suspected, he is under curse.
@CHIBABY,WHAT OF A WOMAN OF 49/50 LIKE A TRUE LIFE STORY I HEARD? SOMETIMES FAMILY PROBLEM,SMTIMES,ECONOMIC PROBLEM,SMTIMES FEAR OF GETTING MARRIED,SMTIMES AS A RESULT OF USING AND DUMPING E.T.C
Re: At What Age Is Being Single Awkward? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Oct 21, 2015
For the Ladies, 27!!!

For The Men, 35!!!

Any Opinion contrary to this is to be regarded as trash angry!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do Succubus And Incubus Really Exist? / How I Caught My Husband Having S*x With My Sister / See What This Girl Did On Her Birthday(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.