Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,024 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner (11309 Views)

Poll: Will You?

Yes: 38% (28 votes)
No: 61% (44 votes)
This poll has ended

Man Killed By Friend Who ‘slept’ With His Wife / Hillarious Encounter With A 419ner / If Your Brother/Sister Rapes You. Would You Turn Them In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by platinumnk(f): 3:26pm On May 04, 2009
As for topic, it depends, I might turn him into other relatives, for them to deal with but certaintly not to the police.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by platinumnk(f): 3:27pm On May 04, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

and why is that hard to believe?

damm ure fast!

Because I cant believe a mother would turn in her own flesh that she gave birth to, usually if you could you would try to fix him first.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by Bolarge(m): 3:30pm On May 04, 2009
@Topic

Yes.
Especially if his victims are lonely widows, geriatrics or charitable organisations.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by tkb417(m): 3:32pm On May 04, 2009
and why is that hard to believe?

because he/she is ur kid.
is it hard to figure?
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:33pm On May 04, 2009
You're funny.

If there's one thing I loathe about women it's their denial. Take example mothers of murderers and stuff. "Oh my boy is good, he wouldnt hurt a fly BLAH BLAH". As long as all evidence points to the person, you accept it and stop making excuses. It pisses me off when I see people like this.
Always thinking of your own raggedy kid and not the victim. I do not intend to be such person. First off I dont intend to raise a kid that would even put me in a situation but if he/she goes his/her own way and hurts another person, they're on their own. Same way I wouldnt expect someone to tell me shit/make up excuses if it's my own kid who's hurt. It's that simple
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:34pm On May 04, 2009
Dont be a prick, tbk.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by tkb417(m): 3:37pm On May 04, 2009
Dont be a prick, tbk.
dont be a d'ick too TOH
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:38pm On May 04, 2009
Dont have one. Try again.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by agabaI23(m): 3:40pm On May 04, 2009
tkb417:

what will the Police give me for blowing the lid?
if blowing the lid will make me be a responsible citizen, then i die an irresponsible person.

whats my fcking relationship with a govt. whos not doing anything for me? then turning in my own relative for the corrupt govt?
that singular act may make me lose heaven grin

Let the govt arrest him or her by themselves, as for me playing inspector gadget?
No way!
Do you think the govt will be reformed by your standing aloof? Lets think about it. Everyone is saying 'what concerns me with the govt, a corrupt govt? isn't it your fault also that we are allowing a corrupt govt rule us?

Your vowing to remain irrespoonsible does it make the country better or does it give the corrupt govt a good massage for their conscience?
Think again bro
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:44pm On May 04, 2009
I wonder
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by platinumnk(f): 3:46pm On May 04, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

You're funny.

If there's one thing I loathe about women it's their denial. Take example mothers of murderers and stuff. "Oh my boy is good, he wouldnt hurt a fly BLAH BLAH". As long as all evidence points to the person, you accept it and stop making excuses. It pisses me off when I see people like this.
Always thinking of your own raggedy kid and not the victim. I do not intend to be such person. First off I dont intend to raise a kid that would even put me in a situation but if he/she goes his/her own way and hurts another person, they're on their own. Same way I wouldnt expect someone to tell me shit/make up excuses if it's my own kid who's hurt. It's that simple

I hear ya, but it sounds hypothetical to me, unless you have a hardened heart against your child. Brr1 lipsrsealed
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:51pm On May 04, 2009
*shrugs* believe what you will, wetin corncern me.

It's one thing to fpray for the kid and hope that God helps them learn their lesson and change. It's another to act like your kid's a saint and doesnt deserve punishment.

If we allowed all mothers to be emotional lunatics, criminals would never get their comeuppance.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by tkb417(m): 3:52pm On May 04, 2009
Dont have one. Try again.
ok. Then, u can be whatever u have under tongue

Do you think the govt will be reformed by your standing aloof? Lets think about it. Everyone is saying 'what concerns me with the govt, a corrupt govt? isn't it your fault also that we are allowing a corrupt govt rule us?
how is it my fault that a corrupt govt is ruling? are u in Nigeria?
So by taking my relative to the police, Nigeria will become better?
abeg go and siddon somewhere.
Do you know what is happening in Ekiti presently?

Your vowing to remain irrespoonsible does it make the country better or does it give the corrupt govet a good massage for their conscience?
Think again bro
an irresponsible govt, begets irresponsible citizens
If we had a good govt, i tell you, no one will harbour a criminal cos there wont be any sensible reason to go against the law.

In Nigeria, the Police will advise you to falsify, lie, give bribe, do all sorts to get things done.
I wont give in a relative cos i wanna satisfy a sinful govt.
For what? Right from the President down to the corporal on the road are evil

why will my relative be the scapegoat?

NOTE: All these na for 9ja only.

I wonder
siddon there dey wonder why u cant use BODMAS to solve 9jas wahala
i live here and i know wassup
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by platinumnk(f): 3:56pm On May 04, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

It's one thing to fpray for the kid and hope that God helps them learn their lesson and change. It's another to act like your kid's a saint and doesnt deserve punishment.

If we allowed all mothers to be[b] emotional lunatics[/b], criminals would never get their comeuppance.

harsh words, but if you can do it, big ups to you, most women dont turn in children, because they see it a failure on their part, I mean can the justice system really make them see reason?
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:56pm On May 04, 2009
Im not looking at it from just a Naija prespective. I'd most likely turn the person in HERE. Aiding and Abiding is almost the same amount of time in jail as doing the damn crime yourself. Abeg make I hear word.

In Naija, I'd do anonymous call. No want anyone to jazz me for being an outstanding citizen  grin
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by Fhemmmy: 3:57pm On May 04, 2009
I might if the person has the opportunity to do other stuff and he is not, and just doing it out of being greedy.
However, a graduate that has the community on his neck cos they sent him to school, and cant find a job, and all where he goes, no one offers him a job, cos he aint got no puccy to donate, i might not turn him in, but will warn him to just do what he has to do and leave the bad stuff behind as soon as possible
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by tkb417(m): 3:58pm On May 04, 2009

If we allowed all mothers to be emotional lunatics, criminals would never get their comeuppance.

**hiss***
unadultrated bollocks.

That works in yankee. In lagos, Nope it doesnt
we are all criminals in Lagos grin
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by agabaI23(m): 4:03pm On May 04, 2009
tkb417

You have some good point there. But if the police will do prosecute like I asked earlier will you turn in?

You as a citizen, is there anything you have done to check the sinful govt? Do you wanna tell me that because the govt is bad, you will deep your hand into evil or condone evil?

If you feel you are genuine about your name calling, you would do things differently where you are but I doubt if you are elected a president that you will do anything different from the way you talk.

Anyway the topic again

If EFCC or the police were to be efficient even witha corrupt govt, will you turn in?
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:03pm On May 04, 2009
platinumnk:

harsh words, but if you can do it, big ups to you, most women dont turn in children, because they see it a failure on their part,

How are they making themselves look better by hiding the person from being punished for his/her crime. What makes them so special that their kid doesnt deserve to do the time for their crime? They're already a failure for raising a kid like that, why make it worse?
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:04pm On May 04, 2009
tkb417:

**hiss***
unadultrated bollocks.

That works in yankee. In lagos, Nope it doesnt
we are all criminals in Lagos grin

Like I said Im not talking about Lagos. Im talking about a country that actually has laws
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by tkb417(m): 4:11pm On May 04, 2009
Im not looking at it from just a Naija prespective. I'd most likely turn the person in HERE. Aiding and Abiding is almost the same amount of time in jail as doing the damn crime yourself. Abeg make I hear word.

In Naija, I'd do anonymous call. No want anyone to jazz me for being an outstanding citizen
u see ur life. An outstanding citizen?
you dont get recognized in 9ja for that.

tkb417

You have some good point there. But if the police will do prosecute like I asked earlier will you turn in?

You as a citizen, is there anything you have done to check the sinful govt? Do you wanna tell me that because the govt is bad, you will deep your hand into evil or condone evil?

If you feel you are genuine about your name calling, you would do things differently where you are but I doubt if you are elected a president that you will do anything different from the way you talk.

Anyway the topic again

If EFCC or the police were to be efficient even witha corrupt govt, will you turn in?
i will not do evil cos the govt is evil. But i wont go about arresting people all in the name of being a good citizen
Fyi, trying to be the only good one in the midst of plenty evil doers, you either get urself killed or maimed.

if the govt. will be like the western world and they are alive with their responsibilities to the masses, yeah i can silently blow the whistle without getting caught grin
But, like i said, i aint a fan of the 9ja govt. so i wont do anything to help

They are just a combo of shit. empty vessels

Like I said Im not talking about Lagos. Im talking about a country that actually has laws
then if thts the case, ure right
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by sley4life(m): 4:29pm On May 04, 2009
i wil not. even a 5yr old kid in 9ja is a fraudster talkless. Our politicians are same, every1 are same irrespective of the degree of fraud u have committed
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by Pepeye(f): 4:40pm On May 04, 2009
Million dollar question
@ peeps who said they would
It’s easier said than done
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:41pm On May 04, 2009
when you end up in jail with the person, we go see whether it's not easier to open your mouth
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by Fhemmmy: 4:48pm On May 04, 2009
Pepeye:

Million dollar question

tell them, some of these people are enjoying the money with some of the yahoo boys they know, some are dating them and some are married to them, most nija ladies cant boast of knowing what their men does for a living and they never bother to ask.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by Skywalker5(m): 4:49pm On May 04, 2009
Pepeye:

Million dollar question

Dont mind them .as if they dont know anyone who is currently involved now
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by Fhemmmy: 4:50pm On May 04, 2009
There is no single Nigerian that dont know one.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by ekoboy: 4:55pm On May 04, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

when you end up in jail with the person, we go see whether it's not easier to open your mouth

Turning in your child is not a sign of good person, i think its more about being heartless. So its either your a lie or heartless or you don't know. Do you have experience with a similar incident to convince you that you would do that? i believe what a good normal thinking human being will do is not to support  and  dissociative himself from that person.

Let me ask, if you commit a crime and later repent, will you go and report yourself knowing that you will probably be prosecuted for the crime.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by Pepeye(f): 4:55pm On May 04, 2009
Every naija person would have been turning theirs in cos they sure got one or two miscreants in every family . .for real.  .even distant relatives aren’t left out. . .they re called the black goat
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:05pm On May 04, 2009
ekoboy:

Let me ask, if you commit a crime and later repent, will you go and report yourself knowing that you will probably be prosecuted for the crime.

repent to who? The only repentance you should seek is that of the person you sinned against. If THEY decide that they wont ask for punishment, then you can go your merry way and hope God forgives you as well. Just because Im not an illogical lunatic like some of you, doesnt mean a person is heartless. If you dont know how to have a discussion, best comot from my face.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by ifele(m): 5:07pm On May 04, 2009
If yu have a friend or relative thats does 419 DONT ALLOW THEM INTO YOUR HOUSE OR APARTMENT.

How can yu trust 419ners? If I got scammed by a relative involved in 419 I will hand them over to EFCC so

as to collect my card.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by maray(f): 5:09pm On May 04, 2009
I will not.Its none of my biz lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ibori’s Conviction Gulped £14m, Says Senate / Declare Rape National Crisis, Amnesty Tells Buhari / Valentine: Man Burnt To Death Over Stolen Gifts For Lover!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.