Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,980 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner - Crime (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner (11307 Views)

Poll: Will You?

Yes: 38% (28 votes)
No: 61% (44 votes)
This poll has ended

Man Killed By Friend Who ‘slept’ With His Wife / Hillarious Encounter With A 419ner / If Your Brother/Sister Rapes You. Would You Turn Them In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by GeorgeD1(m): 5:10pm On May 08, 2010
i thought this thread was dated by now?
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by harakiri(m): 10:03pm On May 12, 2010
See how dem dey talk as if 419 is the worst crime being committed in this country.Some of the holier than thou posters here have family members who walk the corridors of power and loot the treasury like their piggy bank.How many have you turned in? You get the mind? Your liver carry am?

Abegi. . .make una go chop beans!

People are ripping this country of billions every hour and dem dey here dey talk about nonsense wey dey happen for every country.There is no country without online fraudsters.They are every where.This topic reminds me of the proverbial hunter who had an elephant on his shoulders and yet was foolishly fussing over the ants climbing his feet.419 is not Nigeria's problem.Our backward way of thinking and reasoning is what is keeping us in the stone ages.

Nuff said.

Old topic. . .lol grin
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by GeorgeD1(m): 12:33pm On May 13, 2010
na wao! how you dey yarn apata like this sef?
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by harakiri(m): 12:52pm On May 13, 2010
George_D:

na wao! how you dey yarn apata like this sef? 

Abeg, explain ya sef! How i take yarn okpata? Na lie i talk?
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by GeorgeD1(m): 1:30pm On May 13, 2010
harakiri,
the fact that the pot is blacker than the kettle doesn't mean the kettle will not stain you when touched.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by justwise(m): 2:53pm On May 13, 2010
George_D:

harakiri,
the fact that the pot is blacker than the kettle doesn't mean the kettle will not stain you when touched.

Do you mind him, he is always defending 419ners, making excuses for them.

harakiri, crime is cime, no matter how small or who committed it.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by harakiri(m): 3:08pm On May 13, 2010
justwise:

Do you mind him, he is always defending 419ners, making excuses for them.

harakiri, crime is cime, no matter how small or who committed it.

justwise

Abeg, read my post again and tell me how i take support 419. What i'm emphasizing on is that internet fraud is not our greatest concern in this country. If we address our corrupt leaders with the same passion you people use in talking about fraudsters, perhaps things might change in this country. Mind you i don't support any crime be it armed robbery, internet fraud or drug trafficking. Una dey concern una sef with ants with elephant dey una head! All over the world, there are fraudsters and their people don't make noise like you people.They address the issue internally but una, na to dey run down una country image for online forum.Who invented credit card fraud? Is it Nigerians? Who are the highest phishing countries in the world? Who are the hackers who steal financial information? How many Nigerians do that? Most 419 guys send out boring and long emails that nobody cares to read anymore. . .a lot of them have given up and are seeking legitimate things to do.I know one who lives opposite my house that is into legitimate exportation of coal to European countries and his life has changed for the better.He even regrets all the years he spent chasing shadows.Right now, he exports at least 2 container loads of coal and makes a profit of N300,000 on each container.How many yahoo boys make that in 6 months or even a year? Few.

I am not supporting crime.Get your replies right my friend.Face pressing issues and see if others won't fall in line.To tackle a problem efficiently, you start from the root!

End of!
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by agabaI23(m): 6:32pm On May 13, 2010
Harakri

You may want to know that many of the fraudsters graduate to become governors and lawmakers.

Do you know how many 419ners that make their money abroad and come home to contest elections?
Ibori is one of them. Even some men and women in the national assembly.

Abeg leave matter.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by harakiri(m): 6:58pm On May 13, 2010
agabaI23:

Harakri

You may want to know that many of the fraudsters graduate to become governors and lawmakers.

Do you know how many 419ners that make their money abroad and come home to contest elections?
Ibori is one of them. Even some men and women in the national assembly.

Abeg leave matter.

My good friend (long time).Seems we are clashing today (which is odd. . .lol grin).

Anyways, let's proceed.If we are to proceed with your logic in the bolded part above, the likes of Abacha,IBB and Obasanjo were yahoo yahoo boys when they were younger.They started life with internet fraud and were sending scam letters.No be so?

Hehehehahahaha.

Guy, read your post well ooooo!
grin
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by agabaI23(m): 7:23pm On May 13, 2010
harakiri:

My good friend (long time).Seems we are clashing today (which is odd. . .lol grin).

Anyways, let's proceed.If we are to proceed with your logic in the bolded part above, the likes of Abacha,IBB and Obasanjo were yahoo yahoo boys when they were younger.They started life with internet fraud and were sending scam letters.No be so?

Hehehehahahaha.

Guy, read your post well ooooo!
grin
Longtime no see my friend.

Topic
I said many not all. The remainder accomodates all the likes of abacha and IBB.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by GeorgeD1(m): 7:28pm On May 13, 2010
harakiri,
get real, face the facts. crime is crime!
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by harakiri(m): 7:29pm On May 13, 2010
agabaI23:

Longtime no see my friend.

Topic
I said many not all. The remainder accomodates all the likes of abacha and IBB.

Okay oooo! I don hia!

lol.
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by harakiri(m): 7:30pm On May 13, 2010
George_D:

harakiri,
get real, face the facts. crime is crime!

Mr man,

Read my posts.I AM NOT SUPPORTING CRIME.

Haba!
angry
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by GeorgeD1(m): 7:56pm On May 13, 2010
ok, then post straight!
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by harakiri(m): 8:02pm On May 13, 2010
George_D:

ok, then post straight!

Read my posts.They are as straight as it gets.I made my points clear.I'm totally unbiased in my postings.No sides taken.I criticize all parties involved. . .hell, i even criticize myself and i admit my errors publicly.I come here to exchange ideas,views and different perspectives not fight and rant.If NL users could read through postings to really understand/see the angle of another person's view, communication would be so much easier here.

Cheers. cheesy
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by madlady(f): 6:12am On May 14, 2010
@Topic

No, sadly I would not. embarassed
Re: Will You Turn In A Relation Or A Friend Who Is A 419ner by justwise(m): 8:31am On May 14, 2010
harakiri:

justwise[/b]Abeg, read my post again and tell me how i take support 419. What i'm emphasizing on is that internet fraud is not our greatest concern in this country. If we address our corrupt leaders with the same passion you people use in talking about fraudsters, perhaps things might change in this country. Mind you i don't support any crime be it armed robbery, internet fraud or drug trafficking. [b]Una dey concern una sef with ants with elephant dey una head! All over the world, there are fraudsters and their people don't make noise like you people.They address the issue internally but una, na to dey run down una country image for online forum.Who invented credit card fraud? Is it Nigerians? Who are the highest phishing countries in the world? Who are the hackers who steal financial information? How many Nigerians do that? Most 419 guys send out boring and long emails that nobody cares to read anymore. . .a lot of them have given up and are seeking legitimate things to do.I know one who lives opposite my house that is into legitimate exportation of coal to European countries and his life has changed for the better.He even regrets all the years he spent chasing shadows.Right now, he exports at least 2 container loads of coal and makes a profit of N300,000 on each container.How many yahoo boys make that in 6 months or even a year? Few.
I am not supporting crime.Get your replies right my friend.Face pressing issues and see if others won't fall in line.To tackle a problem efficiently, you start from the root!
End of!
This is not the first me and you are arguing about this hence my comment about you supporting and making excuses for scammers/419ners.
How can you possibly say that 419nering is not a big problem in Nigeria and for Nigerians? Say that to thousands of victims of 419ners both home and abroad.
I don’t give a monkey who invented what, that is not the issue here, the issue is that 419nering and other crimes have ruined our image world over.
Those criminal in the senate or other position of authority started like this, made their ill-money then buy votes to become a senator or a politician.
We can’t keep quiet and pretend as if nothing happens cos we want to protect our greedy, criminal minded relatives.

It doesn’t matter who invented it, the negative effect is what we are talking about here.
You wouldn’t be saying this if you or any family member was a victim of 419

419nering is a million if not billion dollar industry, stop writing as if we are talking about pocket picking here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

'Boko Haram Killed 4 Policemen, 6 Soldiers' – Borno CP / Ibori’s Conviction Gulped £14m, Says Senate / Declare Rape National Crisis, Amnesty Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.