Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,226 members, 7,839,199 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates - Politics (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates (71507 Views)

Power Failure During Ambassadorial Nominees Screening At The Senate. PICS / Nigerian Senate Continues Ministerial Screening - Live Update / Senate Continues Ministerial Screening - Live Update (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by agabaI23(m): 5:59pm On Oct 22, 2015
Demdem2:

Ur inconsequential opinion without basis. Go and die.
Oh My friend, how are you today?

You are a very good actor wink
Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by Leye06(m): 6:01pm On Oct 22, 2015
Out of all the nominees that was screened earlier today this man (james) from kogi state is the best for me,he answered most questions perfectly,i wished the remaining nominees would performed the way he did today.
Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by agabaI23(m): 6:06pm On Oct 22, 2015
Ephemmm:

Episode 2 of wailing tongue tongue tongue
Bro abi sis, how far?

Stella Oduah was convicted in the media and you all called GEJ a corrupt president for not firing her.
Madueke was convicted in the media, you said GEJ was supervising corruption.
The government of Lagos state published damning evidence of corruption against Fashiola but he was not withdrawn rather you praised his rabbling and jumping around the questions as schooling the senators.
A legally constituted panel of inquiry indicted a ministerial nominee and a white paper has even been released; yet Buhari refused to withdraw him.
Can you say Buhari is corrupt?

If this is what you call wailing, I will keep wailing because the change you preached about is nothing but deception. tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 22, 2015
meforyou1:
which buhari? He said 'Mr President' meaning President Jonathan. Buhari can only discover women like his controversial niece Amina INEC

Mister, be careful how you quote people abeg. She was a regional coordinator under Buhari-led PTF. She became DG of NAFDAC under OBJ, was a minister in Yar'Adua's government. So, please explain to me how Jonathan discovered her. I'll be expecting your response. Thanks.

Btw, Buhari recommended her to OBJ. I'm sure Dora is related to Buhari, abi?
Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 22, 2015
The professor answered the questions very well. It is just that he does not have the sweet talking style of lying "noise maker" politicians.

Ideas are not very important as policy is usually formed together with the permenant secretaries and civil servants who understand the pressing needs on the ground and could suggest solutions.

corruption is a disease and cannot be supported under any circumstance.

The professor has been in the education system in Nigeria for 40 straight years and was there when we had a quality education system.

If anybody can fix our Edcation system it is an individual who understands it fully.
lookandlaff:

I would rather a corrupt man who creams of the top but had good ideas and implements them than a clean man with no ideas who is incompetent or has no managerial experience or record and who will waste our money on poorly thought out ideas.

I just hope in the unfortunate event that this prof is confirmed, he is made a junior minister
Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by Olaolufred(m): 7:21pm On Oct 22, 2015
Vivly:
So Amaechi has used style to dodge giving us a clear definition of corruption.
Sigh.

[size=14pt] ask chisos of otuoke.
If by now you still don't know d definition of koropson,
Means you are not a true pdpiigs or pdpiss fan[/size]
Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by Olaolufred(m): 7:26pm On Oct 22, 2015
agabaI23:
Anticorruption dead on arrival

Go and steal government money. Then you will know better how dead it is.
Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 22, 2015
GenBuhari:
The professor answered the questions very well. It is just that he does not have the sweet talking style of lying "noise maker" politicians.

Ideas are not very important as policy is usually formed together with the permenant secretaries and civil servants who understand the pressing needs on the ground and could suggest solutions.

corruption is a disease and cannot be supported under any circumstance.

The professor has been in the education system in Nigeria for 40 straight years and was there when we had a quality education system.

If anybody can fix our Edcation system it is an individual who understands it fully.

Excuse me the educational system has been a sham for the last 30-35 years, so if he's been there 40 years he's part of the problem....tired men. In 40 years all he has managed is head of department? Most professors worth their salt have either left the system. If you were above average, especially in a crumbled system, he would have gotten more recognition before now. When professors were professors, people like Daramola could not talk, That he is even under consideration shows that the quality of professors left in the system is poor, we are talking about a system where Goodluck Jonathan was a university lecturer. I hate to be a student of any of them. Garbage in Garbage out. Abeg there is professor and there is Professor. If he were a professor of academic excellence and in the system for 40 years, I would know of him.

He did make good points about Civic and history and you are right that he won't be the one formulating policy, but apart from doing away with corruption, we need to do away with the mediocre and the average.
Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by maduxs: 10:32pm On Oct 22, 2015
MrMann1:

Where were you when GEJ gave a state pardon to the late corrupt Alams, where were you when GEJ said stealing is not corruption. For your info, Amaechi isn't yet tried or convicted... Those talks about him being corrupt are mere allegations till the court of law pronounced him corrupt...
If you betray the confidence of your fellow citizen, you can't get it back again, all buhari is doing is settling all the whole crooks that. Contributed in his election without minding their dubious activities, Buhari is just robbing Peter to pay Paul. He is in chain. I see no change all I see is a confused president, Do u need a court to take a draconian measures against Bokoharam members? Do u need A court to remove a dent in your government. If you don't. Then you don't need court to keep A criminal like Amaechi out of your government for now. Until he is cleared

(
Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by DTutu1: 4:27am On Oct 23, 2015
GstringAngela:
This people no get shame. Dem don go give Saraki chieftaincy title as the eze ndibo of Biafra. SMH

Photoshop mark! Very low.
Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by Nobody: 5:10am On Oct 23, 2015
I am fine and so are wifey and all the children including the baby that is fast approacing her second birthday.

I learnt that you are pregnant or recently gave birth. Either way congratulations if I have not already congratulated you.

AgabaI23 has been keeping off the politics threads since his beloved GEJ left office whilst you on the other hand, have become more active in politics section - which is very welcomed smiley
modath:

General, longest time, how is madam & baby?

Agaba123, i found general for you ooo..
Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by agabaI23(m): 8:22am On Oct 23, 2015
GenBuhari:
I am fine and so are wifey and all the children including the baby that is fast approacing hwe second birthday.

I learnt that you are pregnant or recently gave birth. Either way congratulations if I have not already congratulated you.

AgabaI23 has been keeping off politics threads since his beloved GEJ left office, whilst you on the other hand have become more active in politics section - which is very welcome smiley
I am not keeping off. I don't do well in an atmosphere with hypocrisy and insincerity. That is what APC is. I am sorry to say it. Most are hypocrites and they utterly insincere...

Buhari is a mishap. You guys chased out a performing government, wound back our progress because of sectional interest.
Now we have a part that has no economic blueprint and a president that is grappling with reality like a man with a full bladder not knowing where to urinate.
It is pathetic
Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by MrMann1(m): 9:35am On Oct 23, 2015
maduxs:
If you betray the confidence of your fellow citizen, you can't get it back again, all buhari is doing is settling all the whole crooks that. Contributed in his election without minding their dubious activities, Buhari is just robbing Peter to pay Paul. He is in chain. I see no change all I see is a confused president, Do u need a court to take a draconian measures against Bokoharam members? Do u need A court to remove a dent in your government. If you don't. Then you don't need court to keep A criminal like Amaechi out of your government for now. Until he is cleared

(

What makes Amaechi a criminal? Let the court do their job after he is tried and convicted, he becomes a criminal, else he is free. I do not say he is a saint. Moreover, Isn't it so obvious that the state government led by Wike doesn't want him to attain the position of a minister all in the name of hatred. Besides why were the PDP senators mute when he (Amaechi) was being screened at the NASS?? I am very comfortable with the ministerial list. My concern is not who is there, my concern is whoever that is there should do his/her job in the fear of God. If they truly contributed to his success at the polls, then they deserve it... What's your stress about it? If you aren't pleased about Amaechi becoming a minister, you can do whatever you wish to do... On Boko Haram, I'm sorry but your analysis lacks depth, you sounded dumb. If the clueless GEJ had taken drastic steps in curbing the activities of Boko haram, we won't be in this situation now. The international support we now have against the menace of Boko Haram cannot even be compared with the support we had during GEJ administration. Wike headache is now acute! grin
Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 23, 2015
Yes he did.

Professor Dora Akunyili was a pure technocrat at that time with little if any involvement in politics.

There is a touching story of a time whilst she was working for under Buhari at the PTF, that Buhari released $12,000 for her to go abroad for medical treatment.

When she was checked by the doctor they informed her that treatment was not necessary and she showed her pedigree by returning the entire $12,000 to Buhari.

We need more public officials / politician like the late professor Dora - may she rest in peace.

Had she been alive, I think that she would be a likely ministerial nominee.
Timbuktou:
So, Buhari brought Dora and other women to governance but ediots here will call him a misogynist.
Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by maduxs: 10:31am On Oct 23, 2015
MrMann1:

What makes Amaechi a criminal? Let the court do their job after he is tried and convicted, he becomes a criminal, else he is free. I do not say he is a saint. Moreover, Isn't it so obvious that the state government led by Wike doesn't want him to attain the position of a minister all in the name of hatred. Besides why were the PDP senators mute when he (Amaechi) was being screened at the NASS?? I am very comfortable with the ministerial list. My concern is not who is there, my concern is whoever that is there should do his/her job in the fear of God. If they truly contributed to his success at the polls, then they deserve it... What's your stress about it? If you aren't pleased about Amaechi becoming a minister, you can do whatever you wish to do... On Boko Haram, I'm sorry but your analysis lacks depth, you sounded dumb. If the clueless GEJ had taken drastic steps in curbing the activities of Boko haram, we won't be in this situation now. The international support we now have against the menace of Boko Haram cannot even be compared with the support we had during GEJ administration. Wike headache is now acute! grin
I understand stand that you are a typical northern who doesn't believe that any good thing can come out from any other place, first you alleged that Jonathan was a core bokoharam sponsor, now u are saying that he didn't do any thing to curb bokoharam activities. When ihejirika came hard on bokoharam members u alleged that he is killing the north as a revenge.Amachi is dining with the beast by the time he will realize his left from right, he will end up like Ken sarowiwa and Isaac boro park. Amaechi is in the air now because he been used. Bokoharam have they stop killing why is no body blaming buhari ? Northern Solidarity. You can't. Fool everybody
Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by MrMann1(m): 10:50am On Oct 23, 2015
maduxs:
I understand stand that you are a typical northern who doesn't believe that any good thing can come out from any other place, first you alleged that Jonathan was a core bokoharam sponsor, now u are saying that he didn't do any thing to curb bokoharam activities. When ihejirika came hard on bokoharam members u alleged that he is killing the north as a revenge.Amachi is dining with the beast by the time he will realize his left from right, he will end up like Ken sarowiwa and Isaac boro park. Amaechi is in the air now because he been used. Bokoharam have they stop killing why is no body blaming buhari ? Northern Solidarity. You can't. Fool everybody

I am not a northener. I am a typical Nigerian. Please state when and where I alleged that GEJ was a core BokoHaram sponsor. I am sorry, you are not in the class of people I can be discussing state of the nation or politics. Cos when I say head, you say tail. I think you haven't wake up from the reality that Buhari is your President for the next couple of years and you were so pained in the butt that Amaechi was successful at the ministerial screening. May God deliver you from your slumber! grin grin
Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by maduxs: 11:48am On Oct 23, 2015
MrMann1:

I am not a northener. I am a typical Nigerian. Please state when and where I alleged that GEJ was a core BokoHaram sponsor. I am sorry, you are not in the class of people I can be discussing state of the nation or politics. Cos when I say head, you say tail. I think you haven't wake up from the reality that Buhari is your President for the next couple of years and you were so pained in the butt that Amaechi was successful at the ministerial screening. May God deliver you from your slumber! grin grin
your likes are the one that sabotaged all the effort of the past administration just to score cheap point. U are the one who is expecting change that will wake up from slumber and reconcile the facts with the reality on ground. Buhari is a set back.
Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by MrMann1(m): 12:22pm On Oct 23, 2015
maduxs:
your likes are the one that sabotaged all the effort of the past administration just to score cheap point. U are the one who is expecting change that will wake up from slumber and reconcile the facts with the reality on ground. Buhari is a set back.
Ok. I hear. I still wonder what the last administration did over the last 6 years. Buhari has time to prove himself, so I will not discredit his efforts yet.
Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by maduxs: 3:21pm On Oct 23, 2015
MrMann1:

Ok. I hear. I still wonder what the last administration did over the last 6 years. Buhari has time to prove himself, so I will not discredit his efforts yet.
Ok keep hoping wish you well.
Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by MrMann1(m): 4:43pm On Oct 23, 2015
maduxs:
Ok keep hoping wish you well.
Thank you...

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

Minutes Before The Lekki Tollgate Shooting On Tuesday / Nigerian Soldiers Hold Church Service With Their AK-47 Rifles. Photo / Nigerians Mock Governor Fayose, Remind Him Of What Happened In 2014. Photos

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.