Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

This Woman Happily Announced That Her Hubby is Taking A 2nd Wife - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This Woman Happily Announced That Her Hubby is Taking A 2nd Wife (50745 Views)

Lady Allows Her Hubby To Marry 2nd Wife, Even Feeds Her On The Wedding Day(pics / Man Who Dumped Wife Because She Bore Him Only Girls Got Twin Girls From 2nd Wife / My Uncles 2nd Wife Is Still A Virgin @ 41 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Woman Happily Announced That Her Hubby is Taking A 2nd Wife by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 24, 2015
VivaVivre:
You Mr are the one who is meant to go back and read my post slowly. My heart bleeds out of sympathy for them. Sympathy is a human emotion inclined towards pity, and compassion so how is that being judgemental? My pity for them is a fact based on what I ve seen over the years and what I feel as a human being. I believe it is not unconstitutional to have and exercise compassion. Your summation makes me laugh! What a ridiculous way to conclude on my post. I am a factual person and I stated the obvious fact. If I judged them (which I won't to your displeasure), I would ve said "bloody polygamists", " what a culture/religion of oppression", "what a foolish woman", "that man and his new wife better beware, because that 1st wife is venomous". These are judgemental statements. I owe you no explanation whatsoever, I had to put things straight in order for people of like minds as yourself not to misconstrue what I wrote earlier on. Have a good life. Perhaps, I am entitled to my opinion.

There is no need for compassion or a bleeding heart here, these women made their choice and the first wife is happy as we can see so who do you pity here? The first wife who is happy, the second wife who chose to become a second wife or the husband who has two wives now because he chose to have two wives.

Are people forced into polygamy?
Re: This Woman Happily Announced That Her Hubby is Taking A 2nd Wife by Nobody: 9:18am On Oct 24, 2015
The below stated are your opinion, not mine. I ve seen enough about polygamy to draw my own conclusions and state my facts, you must not agree with me.
Mindfulness:

There is no need for compassion or a bleeding heart here, these women made their choice and the first wife is happy as we can see so who do you pity here? The first wife who is happy, the second wife who chose to become a second wife or the husband who has two wives now because he chose to have two wives.

Are people forced into polygamy?
Re: This Woman Happily Announced That Her Hubby is Taking A 2nd Wife by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 24, 2015
VivaVivre:
The below stated are your opinion, not mine. I ve seen enough about polygamy to draw my own conclusions and state my facts, you must not agree with me.

It is a fact that the first wife is happy with the situation. She posted it online, didn't she?

Anyway! So you have seen enough about polygamy and I have seen enough about monogamy? Now what?
Re: This Woman Happily Announced That Her Hubby is Taking A 2nd Wife by Pidggin(f): 9:27am On Oct 24, 2015
IamDino:
DANGER ALERT:this woman Mumu don ripe gan.

The woman na big MUFU!
Re: This Woman Happily Announced That Her Hubby is Taking A 2nd Wife by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 24, 2015
Good to know...
Mindfulness:

It is a fact that the first wife is happy with the situation. She posted it online, didn't she?

Anyway! So you have seen enough about polygamy and I have seen enough about monogamy? Now what?
Re: This Woman Happily Announced That Her Hubby is Taking A 2nd Wife by isacolukay(m): 11:44am On Oct 24, 2015
remember007:
not ma fault, emails not been responding
So what's responding so that I can keep in touch?
Re: This Woman Happily Announced That Her Hubby is Taking A 2nd Wife by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 24, 2015
AreaFada2:

Our ancestors did happily. And they managed to create great Kingdoms: Oyo, Benin, Songhai, Kanem Borno and more.

We that are wise and marry for so-called love, what have we achieved? 50% divorce rate, 50% of first born kids belonging to another man, fake hair, imported goods, boko Haram, corruption etc. We're not necessarily happier.

Whereas our polygamous ancestors' achievements like Eredo walls, Benin moats/ramparts and arts, Ife arts, etc still marvel the world.

NOTE: My grandfather was monogamous, my dad too.
And you? cheesy
Re: This Woman Happily Announced That Her Hubby is Taking A 2nd Wife by AreaFada2: 7:40pm On Oct 24, 2015
LaraiBoluwaji:

And you? cheesy

cheesy grin
Re: This Woman Happily Announced That Her Hubby is Taking A 2nd Wife by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 24, 2015
AreaFada2:

cheesy grin
That's no answer grin
Re: This Woman Happily Announced That Her Hubby is Taking A 2nd Wife by AreaFada2: 9:10pm On Oct 24, 2015
LaraiBoluwaji:

That's no answer grin

Polygamy is no more trendy.

But it was important in agricultural societies.

More wives = more sons + more sons-in-laws = bigger farms. cool cheesy
Re: This Woman Happily Announced That Her Hubby is Taking A 2nd Wife by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 24, 2015
AreaFada2:

Polygamy is no more trendy.

But it was important in agricultural societies.

More wives = more sons + more sons-in-laws = bigger farms. cool cheesy
Agricultural societies now exist as small communities, and even at that polygamy, like you mentioned is no longer attractive. Epo ti won grin

What's trendy is the disgraceful upsurge of 'baby mama-ism and papa-ism'.

Knock up a girl and show it off proudly. The shame of it.
Re: This Woman Happily Announced That Her Hubby is Taking A 2nd Wife by AreaFada2: 9:39pm On Oct 24, 2015
LaraiBoluwaji:

Agricultural societies now exist as small communities, and even at that polygamy, like you mentioned is no longer attractive. Epo ti won grin

What's trendy is the disgraceful upsurge of 'baby mama-ism and papa-ism'.

Knock up a girl and show it off proudly. The shame of it.

Well, societies evolve and so do values.

Once there was nothing like bf/gf but now widely accepted.

I cannot really trust the trend at the rate things are going.
Now here, you have gay hubbies/wives now. And accepted.

Human/animal marriage might become acceptable within decades in some places. shocked shocked
Re: This Woman Happily Announced That Her Hubby is Taking A 2nd Wife by AreaFada2: 4:56am On Nov 02, 2015
LaraiBoluwaji:

That's no answer grin

Lara Croft, grin

Any news about the accommodation we talked about here last time?

Thanks.
Re: This Woman Happily Announced That Her Hubby is Taking A 2nd Wife by Ndipe(m): 12:32am On Jan 07, 2016
https://www.nairaland.com/20342/polygamy-women-really-find-it.

I know of a lady whose mother had their maid become the second wife of her husband. It's TRUE. Another one though it's fiction is in "A Fresh Start" by Helen Ovbiagele, in which the mother of Ndidi Amengo sponsors the education of a young girl and later on has her husband marry this girl to be the junior wife. The woman's children saw their new stepmother as their friend.
Re: This Woman Happily Announced That Her Hubby is Taking A 2nd Wife by tpiar: 1:04am On Jan 07, 2016
^how did that novel end? Its been long since I read it.

hope the stepmother didn't get rid of the lot of them?

clogs in the wheel of her progress.
Re: This Woman Happily Announced That Her Hubby is Taking A 2nd Wife by Ndipe(m): 12:23am On Jan 08, 2016
tpiar:
^how did that novel end? Its been long since I read it.

hope the stepmother didn't get rid of the lot of them?

clogs in the wheel of her progress.

Had a happy ending because Osifo ended up marrying Ndidi Amengo the step-daughter of the woman that her mother arranged to marry her dad. She, Ndidi, and her brothers had a great relationship with their step-mother who was also their age contemporary. As for the true life story, it did not have a happy ending. Step-mother became rude to the senior wife according to the daughter.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Dad Has Refused To Rest In Peace Because Of His Monetary Vow In Church / I Won’t Dance Unclad In Village Over Adultery – Wife Tells Court, Seeks Divorce / My Wife Is Seducing Men, Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.