Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,703 members, 7,831,202 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics - Politics (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics (671881 Views)

OPC - Faseun & Adams Unite For Security Of Yoruba Commonwealth / SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics / Goodluck Jonathan Returns From Commonwealth Assignment (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by ilekemd: 5:12am On Nov 04, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
Ilekehd cool down with all these news na.Aa ti so kan tan lo tuti gbemii wa

Lmaooo. Grandpa, e pele. E wo glasses yin nau.
Se o fe ki n bere lola ni?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by ilekemd: 5:16am On Nov 04, 2015
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:16am On Nov 04, 2015
ilekemd:

MayorofLagos was right. O so fun mi pe gigola ati runz sugadaddy lo n se.

Eh ehnnnn..... se ko ki n re e ni?

Loool sugardaddy grin iyen naa de ma da ooo.I'll like to get into the industry grin

Yeah i get tired but at the end of the day,I'm used to it.I've been doing this for a decade
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by MayorofLagos(m): 5:17am On Nov 04, 2015
Ilekeh and Aare,
I feel we should :

1.discuss topics cant find in discussion any where else. 2.monopolise ideas and insights.
3.bring traffic in here.

On mode/language of.expression,
I agree, we must keep it English.
Yoruba learners can do so in Culture Section
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:17am On Nov 04, 2015
ilekemd:

Lmaooo. Grandpa, e pele. E wo glasses yin nau.
Se o fe ki n bere lola ni?

Gerrarahia jor! tani grandpa grin cheesy Let's leave it for tommorow so people can discuss
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:24am On Nov 04, 2015
ilekemd:

Ahhh Such tragedy. Let one of my brothers on this thread mentor You.

MayorofLagos, since you're already a mentor, please mentor this beautiful young lady. Mentor nukan la ni ko se o.

lol cheesy

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:25am On Nov 04, 2015
MayorofLagos:
Ilekeh and Aare,
I feel we should :

1.discuss topics cant find in discussion any where else. 2.monopolise ideas and insights.
3.bring traffic in here.

1.What kind of topics should we discuss?I feel we should discuss the news coming from Yorubaland

3.How do we do so.I mention people for the Yoruba hour and only 5 or 6 people show up.

As per the mode of expression,It has always been English except for the Yoruba hour.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by ilekemd: 5:25am On Nov 04, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Loool sugardaddy grin iyen naa de ma da ooo.I'll like to get into the industry grin

Yeah i get tired but at the end of the day,I'm used to it.
I've been doing this for a decade

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:26am On Nov 04, 2015
MayorofLagos:
Ilekeh and Aare,
I feel we should :

3.bring traffic in here.

I think y'all should keep the yoruba hour.I don't feel anyway about it...can't say for laudate and shymm3x.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:27am On Nov 04, 2015
quimicababes:

I think y'all should keep the yoruba hour.I don't feel anyway about it...can't say for laudate and shymm3x.

As a VIP here, we've bestowed upon you the right to type in English during the Yoruba hour

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by ilekemd: 5:27am On Nov 04, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Gerrarahia jor! tani grandpa grin cheesy Let's leave it for tommorow so people can discuss

Cool. About to watch one-hr of netflix before I call it a day.

Eyin na.

Imagine, I have to start using "E" for you lol.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by ilekemd: 5:30am On Nov 04, 2015
MayorofLagos:
Ilekeh and Aare,
I feel we should :

1.discuss topics cant find in discussion any where else.
2.monopolise ideas and insights.
3.bring traffic in here.

Eyin nko? Aa ki ri yin nibi.

Great idea tho. IU'll leave this for you and aarekonkafo to iron out.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:30am On Nov 04, 2015
ilekemd:

Cool. About to watch one-hr of netflix before I call it a day.

Eyin na.

Imagine, I have to start using "E" for you lol.

You nor well! grin cheesy talo n lo "E" fun.You're making me feel like an old man. I've told you i'm a young man.I only started my career very early.No go sleep.dey there dey watch netflix
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by ilekemd: 5:31am On Nov 04, 2015

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by ilekemd: 5:33am On Nov 04, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

You nor well! grin cheesy talo n lo "E" fun.You're making me feel like an old man. I've told you i'm a young man.I only started my career very early.No go sleep.dey there dey watch netflix

I'm one-hr behind you, I have enough time.
Dude, you're like a decade older than most of us here. Atigbo....ko s'arigbo ni Odu'a. Papa youngie, in ora o.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by MayorofLagos(m): 5:38am On Nov 04, 2015
quimicababes:

Dont worry about shymmex, he art restricteth to speaketh Queen's grammar till Ijebu hath becometh a State in Nigeria. Ive seen Laudate in action with Ibos, he already know how to curse in Yoruba. So these fellas are ok.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:38am On Nov 04, 2015
ilekemd:

I'm one-hr behind you, I have enough time.
Dude, you're like a decade older than most of us here. Atigbo....ko s'arigbo ni Odu'a. Papa youngie, in ora o.

A decade older? shocked shocked cheesy cheesy

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by ilekemd: 5:39am On Nov 04, 2015
I want to know how Yorubas get to be so spread out

The Yoruba of South Western Africa (Benin Republic, Nigeria and Togo, also including parts of Ghana, Cameroon and Sierra Leone) are responsible for one of the oldest and finest artistic traditions in Africa, a tradition that remains vital and influential today.[1]

Much of the art of the Yoruba, including staffs, court dress, and beadwork for crowns, is associated with the royal courts. The courts also commissioned numerous architectural objects such as veranda posts, gates, and doors that are embellished with carvings. Other Yoruba art is related shrines and masking traditions. The Yoruba worship a large pantheon of deities, and shrines dedicated to these gods are adorned with carvings and house and array of altar figures and other ritual paraphernalia. Masking traditions vary regionally, and a wide range of mask types are employed in various festivals and celebrations

The importance of the head in Yoruba sculpture[edit]

The Yoruba people regard the human head (ori) as the most important part of a person. Likewise, the head is the most prominent part of Yoruba sculpture. An analysis of Yoruba ontology reveals that the Yoruba regard the head as the locus of the ase of Olodumare. Therefore, the head constitutes a person's life-source and controlling personality and destiny. Babatunde Lawal identifies three different modes of representing the head in Yoruba sculpture: "the naturalistic, which refers to the external, or physical head (ori ode); the stylized, which hints at the inner, or spiritual, head (ori inu); and the abstract, which symbolizes the primeval material (oke ipori) of which the inner head was made."

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=008642;p=1
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by ilekemd: 5:39am On Nov 04, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

A decade older? shocked shocked cheesy cheesy

E lo sun jare. grin
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by MayorofLagos(m): 5:41am On Nov 04, 2015
ilekemd:

Eyin nko? Aa ki ri yin nibi.

Great idea tho. IU'll leave this for you and aarekonkafo to iron out.

I come in everyday, after i finish hunting for fulani. Im in vigilante. I may not talk but i come.in.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by ilekemd: 5:42am On Nov 04, 2015
NOTE : Yorubas in Sierra Leone, Liberia and Gambia are referred to as Aku people.

[Yoruba being in Liberia is debatable tho]
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by ilekemd: 5:44am On Nov 04, 2015
MayorofLagos:

I come in everyday, after i finish hunting for fulani. Im in vigilante. I may not talk but i come.in.

lol you're a ghost. smiley
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:44am On Nov 04, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Mayor you and this your fulani people eh.I saw you romancing one some days back.So ti gba? grin grin cheesy
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by ilekemd: 5:46am On Nov 04, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Mayor you and this your fulani people eh?I saw you romancing one some days back.So ti gba? grin grin cheesy

Na wa....every man is a warrior until he beholds a beautiful woman.

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:49am On Nov 04, 2015
ilekemd:

Na wa....every man is a warrior until he beholds a beautiful woman.

Looool i caught him red-handed.I should have sniped the comment. grin grin grin cheesy.I was just there observing like...

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by ilekemd: 5:53am On Nov 04, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Looool i caught him red-handed.I should have sniped the comment. grin grin grin cheesy.I was just there observing like...

Don't mind the guy......boya obirin nyamiri la a gbe lo [kidnap].
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:57am On Nov 04, 2015
ilekemd:

Don't mind the guy......boya obirin nyamiri la a gbe lo [kidnap].

Loooool If he marries nyamiri, we'll make sure we dethrone him as our Eleko grin cheesy.That's a taboo.Je n ti e bere.so le fe omo nna? grin
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by ilekemd: 6:02am On Nov 04, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Loooool If he marries nyamiri, we'll make sure we dethrone him as our Eleko grin cheesy.That's a taboo. Je n ti e bere.so le fe omo nna? grin

No, but one is close to me and would do anything for me.
Iya mi ti so fun mi pe ti iyen ba sele, won ni je ki n wole won mo. Iya iyami ma n kilo fun mi pe mii gbudo fe won to ri pe won da.
Preferably eni ti ko n se Nigeria.....Nigerians are too local.

Igbale la fi ma le Mayor of Lagos ti o ba lo fe nyamiri grin
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by MayorofLagos(m): 6:03am On Nov 04, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

1.What kind of topics should we discuss?I feel we should discuss the news coming from Yorubaland

3.How do we do so.I mention people for the Yoruba hour and only 5 or 6 people show up.

As per the mode of expression,It has always been English except for the Yoruba hour.

1. Eni bata 'n ta lese!
We have issues in Yorubaland that threaten first, to wipe out all the credits and advantages we earned through the years of pain and bloodshed, and then second, disposess us of pride, strength and voice, and lastly, subdue us through political mischiefs.

The shadow is already on the wall.

So, quickly we need top five issues that's hurting our feet for discussion on how we get relief....TOP FIVE!

On language, I concur...one hour of chat done in Yoruba is quite good.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 6:06am On Nov 04, 2015
ilekemd:

No, but one is close to me and would do anything for me.
Iya mi ti so fun mi pe ti iyen ba sele, won ni je ki n wole won mo. Iya iyami ma n kilo fun mi pe mii gbudo fe won to ri pe won da.
Preferably eni ti ko n se Nigeria.....Nigerians are too local.

Igbale la fi ma le Mayor of Lagos ti o ba lo fe nyamiri grin

Hmmmmmmn cheesy cheesy grin ka lo mo eni to n ba se gbogbo wan yen ni,aa ti salo grin cheesy

As per the emboldened, ara re oya.Goan sleep cheesy grin
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by ilekemd: 6:08am On Nov 04, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Hmmmmmmn cheesy cheesy grin ka lo mo eni to n ba se gbogbo wan yen ni,aa ti salo grin cheesy

As per the emboldened, ara re oya.Goan sleep cheesy grin

Seriously, Nigerians are local.

The best way to test their locality is by telling them that I'm Atheist.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by ilekemd: 6:09am On Nov 04, 2015
MayorofLagos:

1. Eni bata 'n ta lese!
We have issues in Yorubaland that threaten first, to wipe out all the credits and advantages we earned through the years of pain and bloodshed, and then second, disposess us of pride, strength and voice, and lastly, subdue us through political mischiefs.

The shadow is already on the wall.

So, quickly we need top five issues that's hurting our feet for discussion on how we get relief....TOP FIVE!

On language, I concur...one hour of chat done in Yoruba is quite good.

YASSSSSSSSSS!

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (384) (Reply)

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.