Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,141 members, 7,842,284 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics (673686 Views)

OPC - Faseun & Adams Unite For Security Of Yoruba Commonwealth / SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics / Goodluck Jonathan Returns From Commonwealth Assignment (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by aresa: 1:19am On Oct 24, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 1:21am On Oct 24, 2015

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:21am On Oct 24, 2015
IlekeHD:

Omo Ekiti kaabo smiley

Ekiti is beautiful as you said, there's something about that state that makes you want to go back.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 1:23am On Oct 24, 2015
This theater is located in Miami FL

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by aresa: 1:24am On Oct 24, 2015

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 1:24am On Oct 24, 2015
I want to be Yoruba over and over and over again kiss kiss kiss

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 1:25am On Oct 24, 2015
In Brazil

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 1:29am On Oct 24, 2015
[size=18pt]10 Amazing Dances in The world That Will Get Your Feet Rhythm
[/size]

The Yoruba dance from Nigeria

Yoruba dance originated in the land of Nigeria, The beat and movements are ingrained in their DNA patterns, the mother and father alike celebrate every moment of existence with song and dance. The Yoruba Dance performed colourful costumes and backed by catchy drums to set the beat.

http://www.grabtrend.com/travel/10-amazing-dances-in-the-world-that-will-get-your-feet-rhythm/

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 1:31am On Oct 24, 2015
Aigbofa, I see you in the background

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:31am On Oct 24, 2015
Aresa and his obsession with lagos lol, he breathes it. Ilekeh,tonytony208 and Aigbofa with all these things i've been hearing about Ekiti, to buy land for there too no go bad oo.e no kuku far from house

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 1:31am On Oct 24, 2015

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 1:32am On Oct 24, 2015

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 1:33am On Oct 24, 2015

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:33am On Oct 24, 2015
IlekeHD:
Aigbofa, I see you in the background

Lolzzz, beeni o. Just reading the comments.

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 1:34am On Oct 24, 2015

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by tonytony208(m): 1:35am On Oct 24, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
Aresa and his obsession with lagos lol, he breathes it. Ilekeh,tonytony208 and Aigbofa with all these things i've been hearing about Ekiti, to buy land for there too no go bad oo.e no kuku far from house

I do not know about the cost of land. I however suspect land will be expensive in Ado. It may be cheaper in other ekiti towns sha.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 1:37am On Oct 24, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:38am On Oct 24, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

As the Aareonakakanfo the whole Yorubaland is your constituency. Go ahead and buy land in Ekiti.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:38am On Oct 24, 2015
tonytony208:

I do not know about the cost of land. I however suspect land will be expensive in Ado. It may be cheaper in other ekiti towns sha.

ko si bo se le buru to, ko saa le won to eko

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 1:40am On Oct 24, 2015
[size=14pt]Yoruba day
[/size]

The Yoruba Day in Stockholm is a day set aside to celebrate Yoruba culture and heritage in Stockholm the capital of Sweden. The president of the Union Adeola Aderounmu in his welcome address traced the history of the Yoruba Union in Stockholm to 2010 when a group of young people came together to form the association.

http://yorubaunion.se/?page_id=4482

[img]http://yorubaunion.se/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Yoruba_47.jpg[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:40am On Oct 24, 2015
Aigbofa:

As the Aareonakakanfo the whole Yorubaland is your constituency. Go ahead and buy land in Ekiti.

Emi ni kan tan kilode! abeg don't let my head burst oooo

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:41am On Oct 24, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Emi ni kan tan kilode! abeg don't let my head burst oooo

Lol.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 1:44am On Oct 24, 2015
Yoruba Arts Trust

Yoruba Arts Trust is a UK registered not-for-profit charity founded in 2009 to provide a unifying social, cultural and educational platform to develop and maintain community cohesion and development through Arts and Culture.

The very heart of what we do is to promote Yoruba, Nigerian and African Arts and Culture in both its traditional and contemporary arts forms using visual, conceptual and performance arts mediums, that present educational, cultural and aesthetic value to all participants on a wide and varied communication spectrum.

We host two main events annually as part of our community programs/initiatives. All our programs provide a social, cultural and educational platform for community development, integration and cohesion through Arts and Culture.

http://www.yorubaarts.org/#!about-us/c113v

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by tonytony208(m): 1:46am On Oct 24, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

ko si bo se le buru to, ko saa le won to eko

Impossican't
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 1:46am On Oct 24, 2015
A Feast to celebrate Yoruba culture

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-21389976
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:48am On Oct 24, 2015
I call it quit for today on this thread.I need to go oil the engine for tommorrow,its crucial

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 1:48am On Oct 24, 2015
So Yoruba Day a celebration is a huge thing from my research.

from Europe to the usa to the South Americas.

We weed more advertisement on holiday.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 1:49am On Oct 24, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
I call it quit for today on this thread.I need to go oil the engine for tommorrow,its crucial

Good luck, egbon.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by tonytony208(m): 1:53am On Oct 24, 2015
Shymm3x:
[size=14pt]More Pictures of the Odunde Festival[/size]

I can't believe that this is happening in the middle of London!

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 1:55am On Oct 24, 2015
Texas Oilman, Kase Lawal

But while studying for an MBA, Lawal became intrigued by the possibility of helming his own operation. Then, on a long-haul airplane flight from Africa to Europe, he happened to sit next to a university professor from Cameroon, Nigeria's neighbor, who was looking for someone to supply American tobacco for a new cigarette factory.

Returning to Houston, Lawal, then a research chemist for Dresser Industries, spent months researching the tobacco business in his spare time. Finally, he sent price quotes to the professor, who gave the go-ahead for a purchase.

That was the good news. "The bad news was, I didn't know how to buy tobacco. I don't have money or financing," Lawal says in an interview on the 22nd floor of an office tower in Houston's tony Galleria neighborhood.

That didn't stop him. Lawal found a tobacco supplier in Springfield, Mo., who agreed to extend credit. Over a traditional Ozarks dinner of chicken-fried steak slathered with thick gravy, Lawal sealed the deal that launched the Cameroon-American Company (CAMAC).

Over the years, CAMAC's revenues have climbed from $114 million in 1999 to $1.5 billion today. In November, CAMAC ranked 272nd on Forbes' list of the top privately held companies in the USA.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/money/companies/management/2007-01-08-entre-lawal_x.htm

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 1:57am On Oct 24, 2015
tonytony208:

I can't believe that this is happening in the middle of London!

You an take them out of Yorubaland, but you can't take the Yoruba spirit out of them

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 1:59am On Oct 24, 2015
Russia elects a Yorubaman as 1st black politician to office

As a councilor, Sagbo has already scored some successes. He mobilized residents to collect money and turn dilapidated lots into colorful playgrounds with new swings and painted fences.
As he strolled his neighborhood, everyone greeted him and he responded in his fluent, French-African-accented Russian. Boys waved to Sagbo, who had promised them a soccer field.
Sitting in the newly painted playground with her son, Irina Danilenko said it was the only improvement she has seen in the five years she has lived here.
"We don't care about his race," said Danilenko, 31. "We consider him one of us."

https://www.nairaland.com/486011/russia-elects-1st-black-yoruba

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (384) (Reply)

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.