Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,274 members, 7,811,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics - Politics (193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics (667628 Views)

OPC - Faseun & Adams Unite For Security Of Yoruba Commonwealth / SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics / Goodluck Jonathan Returns From Commonwealth Assignment (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Pdizzle(m): 11:18pm On Nov 11, 2015
DollyParton1:

Sorry to jump in. I heard same thing too. I have a friend who works and lives in Osogbo. She confirmed this.

I serve in Osun, and that statement is true. Osogbo, Ede, ife and ikoyi have light like 20 hours per day when there's no problem.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by DollyParton1(f): 11:27pm On Nov 11, 2015
Shymm3x:

The real merchants are the ones who do legit business and maximise their profits the right way.

However, when you start scamming folks - that's not business.

Thats a type of business. The Biafran type.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 12:16am On Nov 12, 2015
Ritchiee:
That sums it up,bruv.It is going to be one helluva task when there are no more Nigerians to scam...

Loool.

Each to their own but I don't like their business model. You can't build an empire with that type of model in structured climes. It can only work in a dysfunctional country like Nigeria, or probably around Africa.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 12:20am On Nov 12, 2015
DollyParton1:

Thats a type of business. The Biafran type.

Loool.

Look what the cat dragged in. My beautifully endowed and voluptuous Egba queen. The last wife of the Ijebu duke. grin

I saw you earlier, and I was going to say "wagwan" but I was just in and out cos of how hectic my day has been.

What's really crackalackin, tho?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 12:42am On Nov 12, 2015
Shymm3x:
I think we might have to create a medium outside this place to discuss certain issues.

I know the older heads were planning one before, but I had to opt out of that in a sly way cos I'm never comfortable around older Yoruba folks. And if I can't disagree with folks, I won't be able to get my points across. Also, cos I do observe posters a lot - I just never really liked some of the folks mentioned. I'm not a fan of two-faced folks. Then you have some chameleons/snakes in the mix as well. I definitely can't relate to folks who try to post to me on one hand, and in a snakey way report my handles and other Yoruba posters' handles all the time - while trying to support those who instigate shiit. I don't like snakes/jakes/fakes/frauds.

At least I've known Ilekehd for three years now and from personal observations, I know what she can/can't do. Ditto 9jacrip, Superstar1, and a few other folks. And I know Aareonakakanfo is legit and passionate about Yoruba. Since we all share the same passion - we might as well start building something.

What do you guys think?

Came back for this post.

Sounds good to me. As long as personal data are kept off record.

I also don't want us to TALK about developing Yorubaland, we need to be active about it. Seun's forum is not the place for that since he's not using his forum as a supportive tool for SW development and the mods keeps trying to hush up this thread.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 12:53am On Nov 12, 2015
Ibebe:

Came back for this post.

Sounds good to me. As long as personal data are kept off record.

I also don't want us to TALK about developing Yorubaland, we need to be active about it. Seun's forum is not the place for that since he's not using his forum as a supportive tool for SW development and the mods keeps trying to hush up this thread.

Obviously. Privacy should always be paramount and personal data isn't for public consumption. Let's just keep pushing this thread for now to enlighten folks and use it as a medium to discuss issues and celebrate people - without the other toxic intrusions synonymous with this forum these days. Anyway, when it's time to build the medium, I'll volunteer to do it, depending on what my workload/schedule is like.

Don't worry, with the passion I see on this thread - we all want the best for Yorubas. Though our approaches might be different cos of how diverse our backgrounds are. But the must important thing is the drive/desire and passion to achieve a common goal. Personally, I just want to contribute anyway I can and I don't want anything back in return.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 12:54am On Nov 12, 2015
Time to kick off the late session.

The dashiki looks nice - my new style. Dashiki for the motherland, salute. cool

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 1:02am On Nov 12, 2015
Shymm3x:

Obviously. Privacy should always be paramount and personal data isn't for public consumption. Let's just keep pushing this thread for now to enlighten folks and use it as a medium to discuss issues and celebrate people - without the other toxic intrusions synonymous with this forum these days. Anyway, when it's time to build the medium, I'll volunteer to do it, depending on what my workload/schedule is like.

Don't worry, with the passion I see on this thread - we all want the best for Yorubas. Though our approaches might be different cos of how diverse our backgrounds are. But the must important thing is the drive/desire and passion to achieve a common goal. Personally, I just want to contribute anyway I can and I don't want anything back in return.

I totally understand your frustration, ambition and passion.

When we get there, we'll cross the bridge. For now, we can make more people aware of the call for Yoruba interest.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 1:03am On Nov 12, 2015
laudate:

Similar suburbs have been springing up on the outskirts of Lagos too, but unlike London those suburbs are sprawling, unplanned communities with poor levels of infrastructure and zero amenities.

In the past decade, areas like Ajangbadi, Igando and Okokomaiko along the Mile 2-Badagry expressway have sprung up; Ikorodu and Ijede is another sprawling area outside Lagos that is currently receiving govt attention, as housing estates of all sorts are being built there; shocked

Omole, Ojodu-Berger, Isheri, etc., are also new areas that have expanded rapidly along the Lagos-Ibadan expressway and have become densely populated mini-cities on their own, unfortunately the level of infrastructure has not kept pace with the population explosion on that axis. sad

Along the Lekki-Epe expressway, areas like Sangotedo, Awoyaya, Abijo, Lakowe, Bashorun, Ibeju-Lekki, Akodo have all sprung-up along that axis. Again, the population in those communities has quadrupled astronomically, but sadly infrastructure again cannot keep pace with the rise in population along that axis. The remodelled Lekki-Epe expressway is still inadequate to cope with the traffic in that region due to bad planning. 15 years ago, that whole stretch after Ajah to Epe was nothing but dots of villages, idyllic beaches, tons of palmtrees and not much else. I used to go for picnics with my friends then at Epe, as a youngster. Today, it is a totally different story. Those village lands have all been bought up, and have witnessed a heavy influx of people, businesses and all sorts. They have turned into another arm of the city, on its own. undecided

Ambode recently promised to install electricity in about 67 communities in the Lekki-Epe area. Let's hope he fulfils his promises. undecided

That's what I was alluding when I said Ogun can't afford to make the same mistakes Lagos made. With how all these new places are springing up everywhere - they're just building different layers of ghettos.

How will they even be able to benefit from proper governance when there's no plan for whatever shanty towns they're building everywhere? Le Sigh. These folks need to do something about this madness.

In saner climes, the government prepares for population growth, with forecast, and include whatever influx in the plan - before it happens. Milton Keynes is a classic example. They're expecting over 350,000 people to move there in the next 5-10 years and the government has started expanding the city eastwards to accommodate that.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 1:06am On Nov 12, 2015
Ibebe:

I totally understand your frustration, ambition and passion.

When you get there, we'll cross the bridge. For now, we can make more people aware of the call for Yoruba interest.

Cool.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 1:07am On Nov 12, 2015
Ibebe

The Queen Tiye of Yorubaland, can we get the full profiles of our ministers (the Yoruba ones), please? grin
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 1:09am On Nov 12, 2015
[size=15pt]Dayo Adeneye Inaugurated As commissioner In Ogun
[/size]

[img]https://i.onthe.io/vllkyt45s8ci9fold.efb9e86b.jpg[/img]

Entertainment guru, Dayo Adeneye, has officially been pronounced the commissioner for information and strategy in Ogun state on Thursday October 29, 2015.

This comes as a worthy solace after Adeneye lost out at the APC primaries in his bid to become a member of the Ogun State House of Assembly representing Odogbolu Constituency.

READ ALSO: Dayo Adeneye Makes New Commissioner List

He has subsequently been appointed as a member of the 2015 Inauguration Committee of Ogun State before becoming a commissioner.

At his inauguration, ID Ogungbe and Kenny Saint Best, among many others, showed up to support him.

Congratulating Adeneye on his new appointment, KSB said:

“Another honourable feather is added to your feather as you become a commissioner in Ogun State. It’s a new page in your life, explore it, enjoy it. Congratulations my brother….”

D1 alongside Kenny Ogungbe brought revolution to the the Nigerian music industry with their programme turned label, Primetime Music .

This is good......real good.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 1:11am On Nov 12, 2015
Shymm3x:
Ibebe

The Queen Tiye of Yorubaland, can we get the full profiles of our ministers (the Yoruba ones), please? grin

I think Aareonakakanfo would do a better research than I would on that topic, he would be able to better explain their advantages and limitations.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 1:12am On Nov 12, 2015
Ibebe:

I think Aareonakakanfo would do a better research than I would on that topic, he would be able to better explain their advantages and limitations.

Okay.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 1:13am On Nov 12, 2015
[size=14pt]Dayo Adeneye is the owner of a multimillion Naira hotel in Lagos ...
[/size]

Media personality and co-owner of Primetime Africa, Dayo Adeneye has opened his very own hotel. Called D&C Bar & Suites, the hotel is located at 19-23, Oke Awo Street, Irawo, Bako Estate, off Ikorodu Road, Mile 2, Lagos.
The hotel opened for business mid-June this year. NET reached out to Adeneye, who opened up on his latest venture; ‘Well it’s something I’ve been planning for four years and knowing fully well that it’s an extension of what I do and I’m known for, the entertainment business’, he says. On why picked that location; ‘We picked the area because nothing of [the] sort existed in that area till now. And residents in the environ have shown positive response to the investment. We are giving the people in that axis a feel of what is obtainable in Ikeja, Victoria Island and Lekki’, he explains.
Will he be opening more branches soon? Adeneye says yes: ‘We are building a brand that will grow to become a franchise, as we speak, we are overbooked here.’ Here are some quick facts about D&C Suites: 1. D&C is an acronym is for Adeneye and his wife’s first names – Dayo and Caroline. 2.It was officially launched on June 13, 2014. 3.It currently employs 18 people. 4. There are 19 rooms, divided into Standard and Executive suites. 5. It also has a multipurpose event centre, which has a bar. Adeneye also owns Saierra Communications, which is into event management and Radio and TV productions....
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:14am On Nov 12, 2015
I'm really loving these new guys.If only they can be consistent

Shymm3x I love that Idea.If say you be woman, I for don kiss you grin cheesy

But for that kind of thing,we need massive enlightenment of Yoruba folks

Despite the fact that we've opened this thread for over 2 weeks,we still have Yorubas who haven't commented on this thread.They simply don't care.There are hundreds of those pucc.ie.s in romance

I'm telling you there are few pro-Yoruba folks out there.We need to be in the majority.Some only appear pro-Yoruba because of Romani-bashing.That's the only time they show up

The first thing we need to do is accelerate their otondo minds into an Alaafin state of mind

If we can do that,we're good to go.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 1:15am On Nov 12, 2015
Shymm3x:

Okay.

I saw him online a while ago, but he probably ran away when he saw me online.

Can you contact shollypopz and ask her to get on this thread. I know she has the same interest in developing the SW.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 1:17am On Nov 12, 2015
Let me post news about my brother from another mother, the pounded yam warrior, and the next big thing in boxing. The knighted Anthony Oluwafemi Olaseni Joshua MBE. Olympic gold medalist and future heavyweight boxing champion of the world.

Anthony Joshua v Dillian Whyte tickets sell out in six hours

Tickets for the British and Commonwealth title showdown between Anthony Joshua and Dillian Whyte at The O2 on December 12 sold out within six hours on Wednesday.

The London heavyweights have been trading verbals for some time and Whyte (16-0-KO13) is determined to upset the odds and derail the rise of Olympic champion Joshua (14-0-KO14) when they finally meet again in the ring.

Whyte holds an amateur victory over the 25-year-old and has made no secret of his desire to repeat the dose on the professional scene, while Joshua has adopted a less aggressive approach to the situation and preferred to focus on his previous opponents.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 1:18am On Nov 12, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Despite the fact that we've opened this thread for over 2 weeks,we still have Yorubas who haven't commented on this thread.They simply don't care.There are hundreds of those pucc.ie.s in romance

I'm telling you there are few pro-Yoruba folks out there.We need to be in the majority.Some only appear pro-Yoruba because of Romani-bashing.That's the only time they show up

The first thing we need to do is accelerate their otondo minds into an Alaafin state of mind

How do we branch off to other sections? I'm not touching that romance section, there are so many children on that board.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 1:18am On Nov 12, 2015

Oh lawwwwddddddd

*faints* cool cool cool
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:19am On Nov 12, 2015
Ibebe:

How do we branch off to other sections? I'm not touching that romance section, there are so many children on that board.

Loool I've never been there grin cheesy but I know there are hundreds of Yoruba pucc.ies there grin
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 1:20am On Nov 12, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Loool I've never been there grin cheesy but I know there are hundreds of Yoruba pucc.ies there grin

Ewo lo tu n je Yoruba puccies? What happened to "ladies", "women" etc?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:22am On Nov 12, 2015
I've been following Joshua for a while now, the boy is good.Quality chin grin

He recently got a cosign from Wladmir Klitschko
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:23am On Nov 12, 2015
Ibebe:

Ewo lo tu n je Yoruba puccies? What happened to "ladies", "women" etc?

And who told the pucc.i.es I'm reffering to are women?

You too dey beh
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 1:25am On Nov 12, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
I've been following Joshua for a while now, the boy is good.Quality chin grin

He recently got a cosign from Wladmir Klitschko

The boy just fine any how. Okay, let me not derail this beautiful thread grin grin

Aareonakakanfo:

And who told the pucc.i.es I'm reffering to are women?
You too dey beh

Nice safe.

You too dey ugh. embarassed
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 1:27am On Nov 12, 2015
[size=15pt]Timbuktu Media
[/size]

Dele Olojede

The CEO, and Publisher of Timbuktu Media and has 25 years of extensive experience in journalism. He is the former Foreign Editor for New York Newsday where he worked until 2004. He founded Timbuktu Media later that year after relocating temporarily to South Africa.
In 2005, he won the Pulitzer Prize for International Reporting for his retrospective on Rwanda a decade after the genocide.
Mr. Olojede was ranked #66 on Fast Company magazine's list of the 100 Most Creative People in Business 2010.
Mr. Olojede, has covered stories in over 85 countries and has been published in of the world's leading newspapers and magazines including The Economist and The Financial Times.
Mr. Olojede graduated from the University of Lagos with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Mass Communication and later received a grant to attend the prestigious Graduate School of Journalism at Columbia University in New York where he received his Masters degree in Journalism.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 1:28am On Nov 12, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Safe for that, brother.

We'll just keep pushing this one. I honestly don't think they don't care (though there are a lot of delusional and illiterate ones in this section and we don't need misfits like them to mess up the thread), a lot of folks either don't have anything to add/contribute, or some folks are just trying to survive. It's hard on these streets and most folks just want to read good news that will impact their lives directly and keep it moving. At the end of the day, folks who always form a movement are always in the minority and the crowd gets bigger when they start impacting people's lives.

That brings me back to the interview I posted about how AG was formed. Apparently, nobody was interested at first and Awolowo almost gave up, till someone told him to give it another try. And the rest is history. You can check the history of the Black Panther Party, NOI, and even MLK's civil rights movement - same story. We don't even need too many folks on this thread, to be honest. We're doing fine and folks can just read as guests. The fact that I can stay away from other threads and hide on this one, is enough for me. I can just go from CIF and come here - easy peasy - without getting into unnecessary drama all over NL. And we can always post whatever news on here without the need to create new threads.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 1:31am On Nov 12, 2015
Has anyone worked on this dude's profile?

http://www.rotimimusic.com/
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:33am On Nov 12, 2015
Shymm3x:

Safe for that, brother.

We'll just keep pushing this one. I honestly don't think they don't care (though there are a lot of delusional and illiterate ones in this section and we don't need misfits like them to mess up the thread), a lot of folks either don't have anything to add/contribute, or some folks are just trying to survive. It's hard on these streets and most folks just want to read good news that will impact their lives directly and keep it moving. At the end of the day, folks who always form a movement are always in the minority and the crowd gets bigger when they start impacting people's lives.

That brings me back to the interview I posted about how AG was formed. Apparently, nobody was interested at first and Awolowo almost gave up, till someone told him to give it another try. And the rest is history. You can check the history of the Black Panther Party, NOI, and even MLK's civil rights movement - same story. We don't even need too many folks on this thread, to be honest. We're doing fine and folks can just read as guests. The fact that I can stay away from other threads and hide on this one, is enough for me. I can just go from CIF and come here - easy peasy - without getting into unnecessary drama all over NL. And we can always post whatever news on here without the need to create new threads.

The emboldened is just too true

You made mention of the profiles of Yoruba ministers

You mean their biographies?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 1:39am On Nov 12, 2015
Ibebe:

Oh lawwwwddddddd

*faints* cool cool cool

Lool.

You don't want to see a lot of Yoruba guys from London, else you'll keep fainting forever. You won't even know that they're Yoruba. I had a friend back Uni we used to call Chingy. This guy looks exactly like Chingy but he's also a gym rat. Chics don't "no" to this guy. There was a next one that looks exactly like Lance Gross.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 1:39am On Nov 12, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

The emboldened is just too true

You made mention of the profiles of Yoruba ministers

You mean their biographies?

Yes.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:42am On Nov 12, 2015
Shymm3x:

Yes.

No fear.We'll reveal their info very soon.The research team are already digging it out grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (384) (Reply)

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.