Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,475 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics - Politics (302) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics (667817 Views)

OPC - Faseun & Adams Unite For Security Of Yoruba Commonwealth / SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics / Goodluck Jonathan Returns From Commonwealth Assignment (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 1:33am On Nov 23, 2015
OAUTemitayo:
Yes. There are other Yoruba's contesting for the position but because of the numerical advantage of the igalas they will lose as usual.
The deputy governorship candidate of APC in this election is a Yoruba and he must be sworn in whether Igala people like it or not.
Enough is enough.

My Ibadan chic is dancing to that:

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by OAUTemitayo: 1:35am On Nov 23, 2015
tpiadotcom:

no it's not sweetie.

if Kogians are ok with it, then outsiders should face their own business.

I'm sure you are simply trying to stir up trouble but unfortunately, it's not happening.

protest indiscipline instead.
Are the Okun people not Kogites?
Grouping them with a majority Igala in the first instance against their protest is injustice of the highest order.
Okun people have the right to rule too.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by jstbeinhonest(m): 1:35am On Nov 23, 2015
OAUTemitayo:
No. Supreme court has ruled that the electorate are voting for the party not candidate.

C'mon,when did the supreme court rule?.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 1:36am On Nov 23, 2015
OAUTemitayo:

Grouping them with a majority Igala in the first instance against their protest is injustice of the highest order.

Please ignore.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by MayorofLagos(m): 1:36am On Nov 23, 2015
Sh0llypopz:

I asked because I read that a few Igbos had a protest in a popular market in Lagos. They were requesting to have leadership positions in this market. Have you heard of this? If yes, was the request granted?

And if it was, don't you think it's detrimental to the history of Lagos when Igbos start holding traditional roles.

Isn that same shyyt that got Gregory invited for @ss whooping in Akure Gregor installed a leader against the IYALOJA institutiin and so Deji summoned him for explanation....where he got flogged!

Eleko is behind Iyaloja of Lagos. Dont worry, we will summon Eze of Alaba to meet Eleko at the waterfront. grin grin
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:38am On Nov 23, 2015
Shymm3x:

Please ignore.

I was about to type the same until I saw your post grin grin cheesy

MayorofLagos continue ignoring my question sad
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Sh0llypopz: 1:40am On Nov 23, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Isn that same shyyt that got Gregory invited for @ss whooping in Akure Gregor installed a leader against the IYALOJA institutiin and so Deji summoned him for explanation....where he got flogged!

Eleko is behind Iyaloja of Lagos. Dont worry, we will summon Eze of Alaba to meet Eleko at the waterfront. grin grin

Does the leader Gregory installed have any power or influence?? Is the position even recognized among the retailers in the market?

Is Alaba market not in Lagos?? Why do we have an Eze and not an Oba?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by MayorofLagos(m): 1:40am On Nov 23, 2015
grin grin
Duke tell that chick to inspect her leggings inbetween thighs 'fore she step out.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 1:41am On Nov 23, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

I think he doesn't know the character he's chatting to. grin grin
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by OAUTemitayo: 1:42am On Nov 23, 2015
jstbeinhonest:

C'mon,when did the supreme court rule?.
Boni Vs PDP, Amaech vs Omehia nu
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:42am On Nov 23, 2015
Shymm3x:

I think he doesn't know the character he's chatting to. grin grin

I used to be in that category as well until I learnt the hard way grin
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 1:42am On Nov 23, 2015
MayorofLagos:
grin grin
Duke tell that chick to inspect her leggings inbetween thighs 'fore she step out.

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by OAUTemitayo: 1:43am On Nov 23, 2015
Shymm3x:

Please ignore.
OK.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 1:44am On Nov 23, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

I used to be in that category as well until I learnt the hard way grin

Talking to her is like screaming at a brick wall.

She'll just end up making you look crazy. grin

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by jstbeinhonest(m): 1:46am On Nov 23, 2015
OAUTemitayo:
Boni Vs PDP, Amaech vs Omehia nu

This is an entirely different case,anyways we'll get to know more 2moro.Gud nyt.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by MayorofLagos(m): 1:48am On Nov 23, 2015
Sh0llypopz:

Does the leader Gregory installed have any power or influence?? Is the position even recognized among the retailers in the market?

Symbolism my dear...symbolism is a protocol of communication in society. I agree with you, Eze, to the extent that in some neighbourhood in Lagos we even have two or three, have been abused. On meaning....Iyaloja is the only acceptable leadership of a market in Yorubaland.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by MayorofLagos(m): 1:49am On Nov 23, 2015
Shymm3x:

Talking to her is like screaming at a brick wall.

She'll just end up making you look crazy. grin

grin grin
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 1:49am On Nov 23, 2015
Sh0llypopz:

You're late.

Gregory was installed as the Eze Igbo of Ondo and cos of his title, he challenged the orders of the King of Akure and installed an Igbo as leader of the market over there.

One thing led to the other and gregory was flogged mercilessly by Ondo youths.

That was what Mayor was alluding to in his parable.

Gregory getting his arse whooped:

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by tpiadotcom: 1:50am On Nov 23, 2015
OAUTemitayo:

and who told you they are not ruling, is it mandatory someone must occupy a govt house before they can rule?

last time I checked, they have their representatives in congress and likewise in the senate, so where is this idea of their not ruling coming from?

Whatever works for them in Kogi is what they should follow.

eod.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by MayorofLagos(m): 1:51am On Nov 23, 2015
Duke, you are crazy..you need Jesus quick! grin grin

That visual is hard to overwrite
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Sh0llypopz: 1:52am On Nov 23, 2015
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 1:55am On Nov 23, 2015
MayorofLagos:
Duke, you are crazy..you need Jesus quick! grin grin

That visual is hard to overwrite

Loool.

I just wanted to paint a perfect picture of the type of arse whooping Gregory got when Ondo youths pounced on him. grin

From the rapper, Wale's documentary that I posted today - Ondo is quite densely populated.

I never knew that, to be honest.

Even his grandad is very educated and the old man speaks the English language fluently.

Awo definitely had Yoruba up there, before that sad coup. sad
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by MayorofLagos(m): 1:56am On Nov 23, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Mo sorry o jare. grin
Were people just dey pop out of the wall like ants.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Sh0llypopz: 1:56am On Nov 23, 2015
Shymm3x:

You're late.

Gregory was installed as the Eze Igbo of Ondo and cos of his title, he challenged the orders of the King of Akure and installed an Igbo as leader of the market over there.

One thing led to the other and gregory was flogged mercilessly by Ondo youths.

That was what Mayor was alluding to in his parable.

Gregory getting his arse whooped:

Do we have Obas in Igbo lands? Why do need an Eze of Ondo?? I'm confused. Did anything change after he got beaten??
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by modath(f): 1:59am On Nov 23, 2015
jstbeinhonest:

This is an entirely different case,anyways we'll get to know more 2moro.Gud nyt.

It's a major constitutional crises i tell you...

The electoral law made provisions for both before & after the process but never envisaged while the process is ONGOING..

INEC & APC need to approach the SC with quickness in order to resolve this lacuna...

I don't see the Igalas allowing Faleke to slide in without any hassles, they'd prefer to continue with their Wada than have a non Igala govern that state..

The cancelled votes are mostly from their strongholds so we'll be watching how it will pan out..
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Sh0llypopz: 2:00am On Nov 23, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Symbolism my dear...symbolism is a protocol of communication in society. I agree with you, Eze, to the extent that in some neighbourhood in Lagos we even have two or three, have been abused. On meaning....Iyaloja is the only acceptable leadership of a market in Yorubaland.

Why the hell are the real Lagosians okay with this?? Is there anything similar to what is going on in Lagos in any Igbo states?? Or are Yorubas the only mumu??
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 2:00am On Nov 23, 2015
Sh0llypopz:

Do we have Obas in Igbo lands? Why do need an Eze of Ondo?? I'm confused. Did anything change after he got beaten??

I don't think there are Obas in Igboland.

And from what I know about unversal cultures about kingship, it's sacrilegious to make yourself a king on a next man's land, without conquering it. Igbos naturally just love causing trouble everywhere.

Anyway, after he was beaten, the Eze title in Ondo was canceled. And I believe the same applies to everywhere in Yorubaland now.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 2:01am On Nov 23, 2015
The mood when you're editing a group's paper and you're getting real upset and irritated by errors and mistakes.

Mood cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CXsLMiKC_I
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by MayorofLagos(m): 2:02am On Nov 23, 2015
Shymm3x:

Loool.

I just wanted to paint a perfect picture of the type of arse whooping Gregory got when Ondo youths pounced on him. grin

From the rapper, Wale's documentary that I posted today - Ondo is quite densely populated.

I never knew that, to be honest.

Even his grandad is very educated and the old man speaks the English language fluently.

Awo definitely had Yoruba up there, before that sad coup. sad

Trust me bro...that coup undid all the quick successes implemented by Awo, plus bastardized the many institutions of orderliness that had taken root in Yorubaland since the treaty ending Kiriji.

Baba lo ma pa Ibo!
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 2:03am On Nov 23, 2015
Sh0llypopz:

Why the hell are the real Lagosians okay with this?? Is there anything similar to what is going on in Lagos in any Igbo states?? Or are Yorubas the only mumu??

Real Lagosians have had enough.

Did you read what the Oba of Lagos said during the elections?

Well, a lot of Yorubas are docile and idiotic - they act like Nl's resident illiterate molly, luvm1jeje. They like that "sophisticated" title like my Ibadan folks love amala. grin
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 2:08am On Nov 23, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Trust me bro...that coup undid all the quick successes implemented by Awo, plus bastardized the many institutions of orderliness that had taken root in Yorubaland since the treaty ending Kiriji.

Baba lo ma pa Ibo!

Sad.

I was in utter shock when I saw the old man they brought from the village in Ondo speaking the English language fluently and educating Wale on some things. And he should be in his late 70s or 80s. My late grandad was also very fluent in English language, but his case was different cos he was born and raised in Lagos and he used to travel everywhere. So that's understandable. But an old man from Ondo? - Awolowo was an enigma!

I read everything you posted about the plans they had for Lagos. Hopefully, folks will educate us on how they planned the other Yoruba cities. Nigeria destroyed Yorubas, I swear down.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by MayorofLagos(m): 2:10am On Nov 23, 2015
Sh0llypopz:

Its easy to label Yoruba mumu in agitation for a firm response to Ibo. You probably did not know this but in as much that Ibos solicit constitutional right as backing for its excesses in Lagos, OPC equally assert its stand on the various statutes of law which demands that law and order in society must be maintained at all cost, with emphasis on AT ALL COST!

(1) (2) (3) ... (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) ... (384) (Reply)

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.