Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,899 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics - Politics (380) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics (668833 Views)

OPC - Faseun & Adams Unite For Security Of Yoruba Commonwealth / SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics / Goodluck Jonathan Returns From Commonwealth Assignment (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Super1Star: 3:02pm On Jun 06, 2017
it is high time this thread is resuscitated.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Customer80: 3:03pm On Jun 06, 2017
No let's keep attacking IPOB
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Super1Star: 3:05pm On Jun 06, 2017
The best and one of the longest and sane thread in Politics section.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by MrMaestro: 12:08pm On Jun 20, 2017
BermudaTriangle:

Whatever growth rate we may be experiencing now is nothing compared to what would've been if we had separated. Nigeria union is stunting our growth and has collapsed our educational advantage which free education gave us.
We should opt out of this union before it is too late.

I agree with you my brother. We definitely need our people to wake up.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by victorDanladi: 8:18pm On Jun 27, 2017
veraponpo:

Jericho for example is a place you can compare with Ikoyi Lagos. Ibadan is quite underrated by many.

There was a grand plan especially by the nairaland Igbos to tanish the image of the city of many first.But thank God they are now tired when Afonja e-warriors didnt relent in busting their lies.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by victorDanladi: 8:21pm On Jun 27, 2017
segend:
For the christians in the house, most pentecostal churches were started by yoruba.
Daystar--------- sam adeyemi
Winners--------- Bishop oyedepo
Redeem, covenant christian center, elevation church, harvesters, mountain of fire, deeperlife,

Actually Yorubaland=Nigeria.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by victorDanladi: 8:26pm On Jun 27, 2017
jstbeinhonest:

underrated? No!,lets face it ibadan is supposed to be way developed than it is now.This was the capital of the western region,ibadan was reputed as the most developed west african city.

It suffered neglect with creation of many states from western region and long years of military rule.

Thank God for Ajimibi,the face of the city has really changed under his tenure

1.Ibadan get 5 new malls
2.A new park "Agodi garden"
3.New roads dualized...dugbe onireke axis,New garage etc...
4.Dualization of old ife road and Akobo road is ongoing
5.Expansion of iwo road to oke adu road into 8 lanes is also on -going.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by victorDanladi: 8:27pm On Jun 27, 2017
segend:

I think that is why people are disappointed in ibadan, should be almost at par with lagos, if the development rate from pre 1966 era was maintaned.

Even than lagos.It was developing faster than lagos.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by victorDanladi: 8:31pm On Jun 27, 2017
jstbeinhonest:

Sometimes i wonder where ibadan got it wrong.
Apart from the neglect,they also relax!

There is nothing bad from Ibadan its own international airport.

Also,Ibadan supposed to be a state on its own like lagos.

Imagine if the skyscrapers development in dugbe is not truncated by poor leadership...It would've been a rival to Victoria island and lagos island today!
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Tequilah: 10:07am On Jun 30, 2017
victorDanladi:

Imagine if the skyscrapers development in dugbe is not truncated by poor leadership...It would've been a rival to Victoria island and lagos island today!

Do you even know why countries set up airports? Do you think it is just for show?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by victorDanladi: 7:01pm On Jun 30, 2017
Tequilah:

Do you even know why countries set up airports? Do you think it is just for show?

Nice talk,poor manner of delivery.

Try and improve on how to share the little knowledge God gave you in an humble manner.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Tequilah: 7:04pm On Jun 30, 2017
victorDanladi:
Nice talk,poor manner of delivery.

Try and improve on how to share the little knowledge God gave you in an humble manner.

Hi, it was not my intention to offend you, pls. i was just trying to make a point. Apologies.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by jstbeinhonest(m): 11:30am On Jul 01, 2017
victorDanladi:

Housing and education are aspects that deserve serious attention in Oyo State..
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by victorDanladi: 11:32am On Jul 01, 2017
jstbeinhonest:
Housing and education are aspects that deserve serious attention in Oyo State..

Hmmm,you are right.

However dont be deceived by ibadan brown roof and being local propaganda being championed by the Igbo(s).It is not that worst.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by jstbeinhonest(m): 11:35am On Jul 01, 2017
victorDanladi:

It suffered neglect with creation of many states from western region and long years of military rule.

Thank God for Ajimibi,the face of the city has really changed under his tenure

1.Ibadan get 5 new malls
2.A new park "Agodi garden"
3.New roads dualized...dugbe onireke axis,New garage etc...
4.Dualization of old ife road and Akobo road is ongoing
5.Expansion of iwo road to oke adu road into 8 lanes is also on -going.
I visited there last year. It was not as bad as I thought. Definitely Top 10 in Nigeria. They need to improve on housing and basic education (primary & secondary).

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by SaffronSpice: 6:49pm On Jul 01, 2017
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Origamist: 11:08am On Jul 02, 2017
Are the mods deleting Yoruba threads? Or am the one imagining it?
I tried checking the Constitution draft thread created by ooduapathfinder this morning.I could not find.
Same with mayoroflagos's thread.

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by deedeedee1: 11:12am On Jul 02, 2017
Origamist:
I tried checking the Constitution draft thread created by ooduapathfinder this morning.I could not find.
I think they were deleted.

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by deedeedee1: 11:14am On Jul 02, 2017
Seun, why did you guys delete ooduapathfinder's thread? This is annoying

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by deedeedee1: 11:16am On Jul 02, 2017
Other social media sites dont bahave like this. Why da hell did you guys delete those threads?

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by PROUDLYAFONJA1: 11:17am On Jul 02, 2017
deedeedee1:

but why embarassed

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by PROUDLYAFONJA1: 11:18am On Jul 02, 2017
deedeedee1:

but why

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by deedeedee1: 11:21am On Jul 02, 2017
PROUDLYAFONJA1:
but why embarassed
I do not know myself. Mynd44, why did you guys delete ooduapathfinder's thread?

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Demmzy15(m): 11:34am On Jul 02, 2017
Rilwayne001, they've deleted that Yoruba constitution thread ooo! angry I thought it was moved to "racist subsection", this is not fair. I was "gbaduning" the discussion, Seun, why do like this? cry

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by laudate: 11:37am On Jul 02, 2017
Guys, someone asked why the thread on the Oodua Constitution draft was deleted. I sighed. wink I could feel the angst and disappointment in everyone's posts, when they couldn't find the thread.

Something similar happened to this same thread too, that made respondents lose interest in continuing the stimulating discussions that took place daily here.

Initially, knowledge flowed like water, right here. cheesy Historical, cultural and political ties were shared and discussed. Ideas on how to move the Southwest region forward, were debated with passion. The camaraderie was infectious. Both Yorubas and non-Yorubas like myself, enjoyed ourselves immensely. cool In less than 21 days, the thread grew to over 250 pages plus. Even the DAWN programmes were discussed and analysed. This thread became a treasure trove.

That was when we started noticing strange things happening. undecided

The Yoruba Commonwealth thread was first moved to the Culture section. After several objections, it was moved back to the Politics section, with a caveat that the name should be changed.

Later people started getting banned almost on a daily basis, under the flimsiest excuses you could think of. angry Posts started disappearing.

That was when a lot of people started getting disenchanted with the thread. Calls were made to the mods to address certain issues, which they never did. undecided

Slowly but surely, interest started waning, the discussions lost steam, and the main respondents left NL. cry It was such a sad ending, to a most promising journey.

I don't know why the mods get rattled by the success of such threads. Again, history appears to be repeating itself. The new thread titled Draft of Oodua Region Constitution was not injurious or harmful to anybody. Just like the Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics thread, did not have any negative impact on anyone. But the mods in their wisdom, did their worst then. And they are still doing it now, without giving any explanations or any reasons to anyone, for their action. But my consolation is that the things which are hidden in secret, are open to the eyes of God. sad

9 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 02, 2017
Origamist:
I have been looking for that thread. Read from page 1 last night; so many great contributions and thoughts from the likes of AkinPhysicist, ColonelDrake and others.

So Nairaland politics section is now in control of an igbo tribalist mod right ?

Hahaha...SMH!

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Rilwayne001: 11:42am On Jul 02, 2017
Demmzy15:
Rilwayne001, they've deleted that Yoruba constitution thread ooo! angry I thought it was moved to "racist subsection", this is not fair. I was "gbaduning" the discussion, Seun, why do like this? cry

In fact, o toju su mi sad
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by MrMaestro: 12:01pm On Jul 02, 2017
laudate:
Guys, someone asked why the thread on the Oodua Constitution draft thread was deleted. I sighed. wink I could feel the angst and disappointment in everyone's posts, when they couldn't find the thread.

Something similar happened to this same thread too, that made respondents lose interest in continuing the stimulating discussions that took place daily here.

Initially, knowledge flowed like water, right here. cheesy Historical, cultural and political ties were shared and discussed. Ideas on how to move the Southwest region forward, were debated with passion. The camaraderie was infectious. Both Yorubas and non-Yorubas like myself, enjoyed ourselves immensely. cool In less than 21 days, the thread grew to over 250 pages plus. Even the DAWN programmes were discussed and analysed. This thread became a treasure trove.

That was when we started noticing strange things happening. undecided

The Yoruba Commonwealth thread was first moved to the Culture section. After several objections, it was moved back to the Politics section, with a caveat that the name should be changed.

Later people started getting banned almost on a daily basis, under the flimsiest excuses you can think of. angry

That was when a lot of people started getting disenchanted with the thread. Calls were made to the mods to address certain issues, which they never did. undecided

Slowly but surely, interest started waning, the discussions lost steam, and the main respondents left NL. cry It was such a sad ending, to a most promising journey.

I don't know why the mods get rattled by the success of such threads. But my consolation is that the things which are hidden in secret, are open to the eyes of God. sad

Yorubas should start to look to relocate to another forum. Nairaland is turning into a joke, and honestly, Yorubas are the only ones that offer great and thoughtful conversation. Any suggestions to relocate?

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Origamist: 12:04pm On Jul 02, 2017
deedeedee1:

Why?
The thread was civil.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 02, 2017
MrMaestro:

Yorubas should start to look to relocate to another forum. Nairaland is turning into a joke, and honestly, Yorubas are the only ones that offer great and thoughtful conversation. Any suggestions to relocate?
Great suggestion! But what are your thoughts on the owner of Nairaland gan gan! Seun (a supposed yoruba guy who is supposed to be No 1. agent of fairness and sanity here on his website)...

If I should be honest, I might get a ban...

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Origamist: 12:11pm On Jul 02, 2017
JohnXcel:
I have been looking for that thread. Read from page 1 last night; so many great contributions and thoughts from the likes of AkinPhysicist, ColonelDrake and others.
So Nairaland politics section is now in control of an igbo tribalist mod right ?
Hahaha...SMH!
Same here.
Well I don't know o.
Apart from those two threads,there's one created by a markfemi2 moniker that got deleted too.
I can't remember the title.
Something needs to be done.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by laudate: 12:19pm On Jul 02, 2017
MrMaestro:
Another site sprang up shortly after this thread was laid to rest. I can't remember the name now. sad But Areonakakanfo was active on that site. Will look for it and send you a PM.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (Reply)

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.