Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,082 members, 7,821,721 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics - Politics (381) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics (670229 Views)

OPC - Faseun & Adams Unite For Security Of Yoruba Commonwealth / SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics / Goodluck Jonathan Returns From Commonwealth Assignment (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by AshiwajuFoward: 12:32pm On Jul 02, 2017
The thing really pained me to the bone, I swear. And when someone opened a thread earlier in protest against the unnecessary and unwarranted deletion of that harmless thread, the mods deleted that thread too. Why? We were only discussing about how best to unite under a draft regional constitution. I just don't understand.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Omofunaab2: 12:43pm On Jul 02, 2017
laudate:

Another site sprang up shortly after this thread was laid to rest. I can't remember the name now. sad But Areonakakanfo was active on that site. Will look for it and send you a PM.

Yorubaparapo.com

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by laudate: 1:11pm On Jul 02, 2017
Omofunaab2:
Yorubaparapo.com
Yes! You got it! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Olu317(m): 1:24pm On Jul 02, 2017
deedeedee1:
Seun, why did you guys delete ooduapathfinder's thread?
This is annoying
I just can't believe on any given genuine reason for the deleted thread of oduapathfinder except such directive was from the SOURCE ITSELF. And that is the only thread I saw structural opinions being deliberated upon. It is actually unnecessary for deleting it.

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Olu317(m): 1:29pm On Jul 02, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:
The thing really pained me to the bone, I swear. And when someone opened a thread earlier in protest against the unnecessary and unwarranted deletion of that harmless thread, the mods deleted that thread too. Why? We were only discussing about how best to unite under a draft regional constitution. I just don't understand.
This is one thing that cannot happen in western world. How on earth would such thread on Yoruba emancipation be deleted? Anyway it is a Nigeria's disease.

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Olu317(m): 1:36pm On Jul 02, 2017
Origamist:
Are the mods deleting Yoruba threads? Or am the one imagining it?
I tried checking the Constitution draft thread created by ooduapathfinder this morning.I could not find.
Same with mayoroflagos's thread.
I spent close to 1hour looking for the thread. I had thought it was joke until I discovered it was deleted. These mods need serious whooping.. If it were to be some other folks chanting their glorified dreamland, it wouldn't be deleted. Double standard is been used on here.

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by deedeedee1: 1:39pm On Jul 02, 2017
Ooduapathfinder can you open another thread? Let us see if they will delete it again.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Jetleeee: 1:54pm On Jul 02, 2017
Hahaha this thread still dey sef. O to jo meta smiley

Anyway, we don move go the other place tipe tipe. And we're still on speeeeed

Who has time for b.s? No time mehn

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by AshiwajuFoward: 1:57pm On Jul 02, 2017
Jetleeee:
Hahaha this thread still dey sef

O to jo meta smiley

Anyway, we don move go another place tipe tipe.

No time mehn

Na you be the originator of this one naw. Abi you think say we no know? tongue

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Jetleeee: 1:59pm On Jul 02, 2017
-----------------
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by laudate: 2:01pm On Jul 02, 2017
deedeedee1:
Ooduapathfinder can you open another thread? Let us see if they will delete it again.
Bros Ooduapathfinder, if I may offer a suggestion, please also duplicate your thread on the other site we mentioned (i.e. Yorubaparapo..com)

Egbon deedeedee1, it appears you don't know these chaps. If he opens another one, it will just be deleted again. I have seen such things happen on this forum, before. If you don't believe me, let him just try it again. And let all of us wait & watch! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Olu317(m): 2:01pm On Jul 02, 2017
deedeedee1:
Do you think it is worth it? A normal human being wouldn't. It is nothing but the truth. It will take an extraordinary man to do such. Even I, don't subscribe for reopening of a new thread on such sensitive Yoruba matter. Beside, it seems it is a deliberate intention to shut it down because, such avenue won't give room for any recognition of deranged attitudes as being seen on other threads, where hatred SPREAD LIKE WILDFIRE.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Jetleeee: 2:03pm On Jul 02, 2017
Why re-create a thread when you know it will be deleted
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by deedeedee1: 2:04pm On Jul 02, 2017
laudate:

Bros Ooduapathfinder, if I may offer a suggestion, please also duplicate your thread on the other site we mentioned (i.e. Yorubaparapo..com)

Egbon deedeedee1, it appears you don't know these chaps. If he opens another one, it will just be deleted again. If you don't believe me, let him just try it again. And let all of us wait & watch! cheesy
Yorubaparapo here i come

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by amjoseph19: 2:08pm On Jul 02, 2017
God bless all the Yorubas discusing on how to move their region forward.

It's high time in Nigeria we all go back to the drawing board. On a normal day, i won't comment here. I might read, gain one or two things and pass. You will hardly see an Igbo man here. To those Yorubas that has sworn to be on every Igbo thread and be bringing disgrace to the Yoruba ethnicity should go back and work for Yoruba betterment.

Peace.

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Origamist: 2:40pm On Jul 02, 2017
Olu317:
I spent close to 1hour looking for the thread. I had thought it was joke until I discovered it was deleted. These mods need serious whooping.. If it were to be some other folks chanting their glorified dreamland, it wouldn't be deleted. Double standard is been used on here.
the funny thing is that while that thread got deleted,there are some meaningless threads still surviving in this section.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Dalek(m): 2:53pm On Jul 02, 2017
laudate:
Guys, someone asked why the thread on the Oodua Constitution draft was deleted. I sighed. wink I could feel the angst and disappointment in everyone's posts, when they couldn't find the thread.

Something similar happened to this same thread too, that made respondents lose interest in continuing the stimulating discussions that took place daily here.

Initially, knowledge flowed like water, right here. cheesy Historical, cultural and political ties were shared and discussed. Ideas on how to move the Southwest region forward, were debated with passion. The camaraderie was infectious. Both Yorubas and non-Yorubas like myself, enjoyed ourselves immensely. cool In less than 21 days, the thread grew to over 250 pages plus. Even the DAWN programmes were discussed and analysed. This thread became a treasure trove.

That was when we started noticing strange things happening. undecided

The Yoruba Commonwealth thread was first moved to the Culture section. After several objections, it was moved back to the Politics section, with a caveat that the name should be changed.

Later people started getting banned almost on a daily basis, under the flimsiest excuses you could think of. angry Posts started disappearing.

That was when a lot of people started getting disenchanted with the thread. Calls were made to the mods to address certain issues, which they never did. undecided

Slowly but surely, interest started waning, the discussions lost steam, and the main respondents left NL. cry It was such a sad ending, to a most promising journey.

I don't know why the mods get rattled by the success of such threads. Again, history appears to be repeating itself. The new thread titled Draft of Oodua Region Constitution was not injurious or harmful to anybody. Just like the Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics thread, did not have any negative impact on anyone. But the mods in their wisdom, did their worst then. And they are still doing it now, without giving any explanations or any reasons to anyone, for their action. But my consolation is that the things which are hidden in secret, are open to the eyes of God. sad

i almost cried when i woke up to see the thread gone, i still posted on it around midnight. seems dem wait make we sleep b4 dem do the evil delete.
issokay oo

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Origamist: 3:48pm On Jul 02, 2017
laudate:

Egbon deedeedee1, it appears you don't know these chaps. If he opens another one, it will just be deleted again. I have seen such things happen on this forum, before. If you don't believe me, let him just try it again. And let all of us wait & watch! cheesy
spoken like an old member of nl who knows their way.
Thanks for mentioning that site.
I'll check it out.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Olu317(m): 4:00pm On Jul 02, 2017
Origamist:

the funny thing is that while that thread got deleted,there are some meaningless threads still surviving in this section.
Yes ,you are very correct about some meaningless thread still been left on this forum. Perhaps, it soothes some of the mode to allow Biafra hung their opinion and showcase their breakaway nation. And nobody within Yoruba enclave or other groups would be allowed to express probability if need be. The bitter truth is that no properly thinking person wouldn't prefer a Nigeria if everything works. Who will even care where the president comes from if all citizens have equal rights and access to basic things of life? Let 'em continue with such perpetual ignorance to the reality of life. It is just a saying that; A fool, who think that someone else is a fool, will never realise, he is the big fool until, his foolishness is made known among the midst of his follow fools, where all of the opportunity by the fool and his legion of fools to earn a knowledge would have been thrown to the foolish Pit .

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Omofunaab2: 4:09pm On Jul 02, 2017
I was a guest on nairaland for so many years, my abode then was the culture and politics section. But later i noticed some monikers were no more contributing.. I didn't quite understand until recently when laudate addressed the issue, he said many complained about the mods not being fair.

The thread that was deleted was so important that i had to call the attention of my friends that were not on nairaland to it... For God's sake that was a thread were people contributed intelligently without insulting minority tribes.. Infact we had meaningful contributions from people from other tribes. People like Efewestern and yungmilli contributed, and for once i was able to understand the itsekiri's angle to an oduduwa nation..

What's nairaland's priority? Do you want threads were people will contribute and parents will tell their children to visit the thread and learn more about their region, tribe? Or you want threads were we keep insulting the hell out of each other?

Today, Many people are tribalists on nairaland not because they wanted to but because the mods didn't do their job in the first place. There was no level playing ground, this disgusted me a lot, Of course many of us couldn't have sat down and allow some mor.ns insult the hell out of our tribe in which many of us hold dearly.

This is the Internet, if we keep replying hatred with love, war with peace, insults with moral talks, many years from now, our children will be left ashamed of their fathers and mothers when they later come across threads were igbos were abusing their tribes or telling lies and their fathers couldn't refute anything. . .Our fathers instilled cultural and ethnic pride in us but it's a pity that today Many yorubas don't have pride, our fathers dream was for an independent country and not the one Nigeria nonsense people like sarrki preach all about.. Our fathers wanted development and unity of the yoruba race... You are first a yoruba man before being a Nigerian.

Seun needs to redefine the vision and mission of nairaland.. if you want a nairaland where numerous threads about Nnamdi kanu forming Slay Queen upandan are gracing the front page or threads were people of thoughts discuss the future of their tribe and development.

Do you want a nairaland where we continue shouting Igbo and afonja without making meaningful contributions?

Do you want a nairaland where half of all topics on the politics section is about Biafra, igbos whereas topics that tends to form ethnic consciousness devoid of hatred are being deleted?

Do you want threads of people that ought to be in the shadows but trending on nairaland over gucci?

Oro ibi bayii ti su mi

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by laudate: 4:38pm On Jul 02, 2017
Omofunaab2:
I was a guest on nairaland for so many years, my abode then was the culture and politics section. But later i noticed some monikers were no more contributing.. I didn't quite understand until recently when laudate addressed the issue, he said many complained about the mods not being fair.

The thread that was deleted was so important that i had to call the attention of my friends that were not on nairaland to it... For God's sake that was a thread were people contributed intelligently without insulting minority tribes.. Infact we had meaningful contributions from people from other tribes. People like Efewestern and yungmilli contributed, and for once i was able to understand the itsekiri's angle to an oduduwa nation..

What's nairaland's priority? Do you want threads were people will contribute and parents will tell their children to visit the thread and learn more about their region, tribe? Or you want threads were we keep insulting the hell out of each other?

Today, Many people are tribalists on nairaland not because they wanted to but because the mods didn't do their job in the first place. There was no level playing ground, this disgusted me a lot, Of course many of us couldn't have sat down and allow some mor.ns insult the hell out of our tribe in which many of us hold dearly.

This is the Internet, if we keep replying hatred with love, war with peace, insults with moral talks, many years from now, our children will be left ashamed of their fathers and mothers when they later come across threads were igbos were abusing their tribes or telling lies and their fathers couldn't refute anything. . .Our fathers instilled cultural and ethnic pride in us but it's a pity that today Many yorubas don't have pride, our fathers dream was for an independent country and not the one Nigeria nonsense people like sarrki preach all about.. Our fathers wanted development and unity of the yoruba race... You are first a yoruba man before being a Nigerian.

Seun needs to redefine the vision and mission of nairaland.. if you want a nairaland where numerous threads about Nnamdi kanu forming Slay Queen upandan are gracing the front page or threads were people of thoughts discuss the future of their tribe and development.

Do you want a nairaland where we continue shouting Igbo and afonja without making meaningful contributions?

Do you want a nairaland where half of all topics on the politics section is about Biafra, igbos whereas topics that tends to form ethnic consciousness devoid of hatred are being deleted?

Do you want threads of people that ought to be in the shadows but trending on nairaland over gucci?

Oro ibi bayii ti su mi

Egbon, you have said it all. And you have said it well. wink May God increase the wisdom He has deposited in your life. Some of the threads where old members laid their complaint have been deleted, but I think one of them is still open. Please see this link: - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics at https://www.nairaland.com/2765488/seun-re Kindly let us know what you think.

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Olu317(m): 5:10pm On Jul 02, 2017
Omofunaab2:

Oro ibi bayii ti su mi
Dear bro, the way you feel is the way many of us feel and words can't be used irresponsibly on this forum because of the sense of maturity and Omoluabi's status. Everyone of us can't be denied of self pride and expression regardless our diverse perspectives. They can hold onto to their hammer and strike down our opinions on NL but can't take away YORUBAISM ideology inside our HEARTS.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Omofunaab2: 5:20pm On Jul 02, 2017
laudate:

Egbon, you have said it all. And you have said it well. wink May God increase the wisdom He has deposited in your life. Some of the threads where old members laid their complaint have been deleted, but I think one of them is still open. Please see this link: - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics at https://www.nairaland.com/2765488/seun-re Kindly let us know what you think.

Yeah, i read seun's response... Did the thread eventually make front page?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by laudate: 5:27pm On Jul 02, 2017
Omofunaab2:
Yeah, i read seun's response... Did the thread eventually make front page?
Yes, for like a week or so. But then, it was later moved back to the Politics section. After it got back there, the mods began a banning spree....! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Seun(m): 6:07pm On Jul 02, 2017
Omofunaab2:

Oro ibi bayii ti su mi
@Mynd44

8 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by laudate: 6:13pm On Jul 02, 2017
Seun:
@Mynd44
What do you want myndd44 to do? shocked sad

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Mynd44: 6:26pm On Jul 02, 2017

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 02, 2017
Lol....the moment seun storms in a tread...hmnnn that is bad premonition..

See as this thread clear but make Igbo open their own make u see sarrki and the rest start shouting one Nigeria up an down....

Seun knows who the real tribalist are
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by laudate: 6:29pm On Jul 02, 2017
Mynd44:
https://www.nairaland.com/3890868/draft-oodua-region-yoruba-constitution

Opened
May God bless you and Seun, ten million times on Sundays! cool

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Omofunaab2: 6:36pm On Jul 02, 2017
laudate:

May God bless you and Seun, ten million times on Sundays! cool

Finally. .

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Origamist: 6:38pm On Jul 02, 2017
Seun:
@Mynd44
Nice.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (Reply)

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.