Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. (23868 Views)

Egyptian Woman Divorces After 2 Weeks Of Marriage, Husband Does All The Chores / Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) / "I Am Too Beautiful To Do House Chores" - Nigerian Woman. See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

Re: 5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 23, 2015
Wash pops car
Put on the generator( no keys) pull like 3 times
Re: 5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. by lilmax(m): 3:22pm On Oct 23, 2015
Deefuray:
I did all but number 3
I still cannot hold a live fowl or any livestock for that matter not to talk of killing it.
so a legend is afraid of livestock?
Re: 5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. by Blazinraj01(f): 3:25pm On Oct 23, 2015
Lool.
I did electrical repairs. Carrying bags of rice with my back and a host of others. Basically all the chores. There was no distinction.
Re: 5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. by Deefuray(f): 3:25pm On Oct 23, 2015
lilmax:
so a legend is afraid of livestock?
Not really, I don't just like the idea of committing murder wink

Re: 5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. by neoG(f): 3:27pm On Oct 23, 2015
grin. Lol @ misspicy tnx for sharing this. I could do all that you listed except the slaughtering of livestock. The ones I did I could consider masculine were;
1. Repairing of phones. Then when I go to buy any of the phone parts, the guys around will be so surprised.

2. Minor electrical fixing like changing my lamp holder when spoilt with a good one, coupled and fixed my GOtv and partly servicing of my small generator.

Re: 5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. by safarigirl(f): 3:30pm On Oct 23, 2015
iamkingzlee:
Hehehe!

I washed dishes mehn, used to sweep ehnn!! and i cooked soo well.

cooked the poison only me could eat, anyway! cry
as long as you enjoyed your poison, that's all that matters smiley
Re: 5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. by donTbone(m): 3:31pm On Oct 23, 2015
mentorandfriend:
I washed plates and cooking pots, plus mopping the whole flat on saturdays when my elder sisters are busy in the kitchen.

How I hated these!

You never wash toilet, you dey complain! grin

Re: 5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. by Richy4(m): 3:32pm On Oct 23, 2015
misspicy:
In a Nigerian family setting,every child is mandated to do chores to keep the house clean and sparkling so things can move smoothly,some chores are classified as feminine while some are for the masculine gender to do,but in a situation where only a gender dominate in a family the children are forced to do all the chores whether feminine or masculine...

Below are 5 masculine chores i did as a female child cool

1) car washing : washing of cars is seen as a male duty but i did it though am a female,because we had no male adult except dad..inshort i bet no guy on nairaland can wash car inside out as well as i can grin

2) clearing of compound : this is weeding of grasses especially during rainy season so everywhere can look clean....this is a chores i do every last saturday of the month,inshort i don't think any nairaland guy can handle hoe and cutlass like me cheesy

3) slaughtering of livestock : slaughtering of sunday chicken is a regular routine for me,now imagine me killing the christmas goat cheesy...though this is a masculine chore,i bet some nairaland guys are afraid of catfish which i slaughter for dinner pepper soup everyday grin

4) jeans washing : you all know how stubborn jeans trousers and skirts are,i remember how i do scrub dad's jeans every laundarying saturday....

5) shoe polishing : shoe polishing is a chore i will not forget in a hurry,my dad's black and brown shoes always got a shine every morning,most times i tell friends about this,they have this suprised look on their faces shocked...i know the best brand of polish for shoes but am not gonna tell you all tongue

So guys,what are the feminine chores you did while growing up or are still doing,ladies lets see masculine chores you all did too....leggo

I would have said well done to you. but when you start talking about Nairaland guys cannot do this or that. cannot carry hoe, cannot kill chicken haba!!!!

Why should nairaland guys use hoes to weed when lawn mower is all over the place begging for whom to buy them

as for killing of chicken, why not go to the supermarket and buy an already made chicken. it does not cost more. and remember some nairaland guys are vegetarians and got nothing to do with Chicken.

Re: 5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. by donTbone(m): 3:32pm On Oct 23, 2015
Blazinraj01:
Lool.
I did electrical repairs. Carrying bags of rice with my back and a host of others. Basically all the chores. There was no distinction.
If u still never tap light illegally for electric pole, u still a learner faa! cheesy
Re: 5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. by mentorandfriend(m): 3:37pm On Oct 23, 2015
donTbone:

You never wash toilet, you dey complain! grin
Re: 5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. by noble2faith(m): 3:37pm On Oct 23, 2015
sadChores indeed!!! I did cooking stuff during my teenage years. There was sometin perculiar about my cooking then: eat d food I prepared and visit d toilet with immediate effect!

Re: 5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. by Scholarnwadimma(f): 3:40pm On Oct 23, 2015
Slaghtering of livestock nd still slaughtering.Breaking of firewood.Climbing trees to pluck fruits.note I still do diz nd more.

Re: 5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 23, 2015
ideatoprince18:
...... so u learnt how to throw dice....... LIES

How is that a lie? I don't know the kind of area you grew up in, but in my neighbourhood, a dice game was being played in almost every street corner. Anyone who didn't know how, simply didn't want to.So of course we'd watch, learn & later started playing it on our own, when it became too dangerous to watch the older boys playing it. Somehow it always ends up in a serious street brawl.

I don't know why you find that hard to believe but no lie, I've played it. Never won a single game though. Now that would have been unbelievable, if I claimed to be a dice throwing champ. Ha!
Re: 5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. by Blazinraj01(f): 3:43pm On Oct 23, 2015
donTbone:

If u still never tap light illegally for electric pole, u still a learner faa! cheesy
Hehehe. That's hwere I draw the line cheesy. So, you once did that?
Re: 5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. by So4baba(m): 3:44pm On Oct 23, 2015
I try oo,, I plait hair.. I sow cloth for our baby den.. I play ten-ten very well.. was a champion in suwe"who remembers thT".. Always playing the gurl child in our father and mother play just to gt close to that my crush.. I fetch water no be small.. I tried cooking, dnt think it went well from the reports I gt.. I was the master powder wearer, always evident from my"nollyhood ghost"looking face...

Re: 5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. by donTbone(m): 3:46pm On Oct 23, 2015
Blazinraj01:
Hehehe. That's hwere I draw the line cheesy. So, you once did that?
I couldn't even count so many times av been lucky not to be electrocuted! angry
But all to the glory of God, I ended up been shocked by the minor plugs, sockets
or capacitor current! cheesy

You see that bolded, ehn, no go near am o! grin
Re: 5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. by HaneefahRN(f): 3:46pm On Oct 23, 2015
Wow! MissSpicy, una weldone
I did and still do all these, except jeans washing, cos I dn't wear jeans, my dad neither. Carrying of heavy bags, packing sand and filling potholes in front of our house etc
But I still use style to enjoy more than my immediate younger sis though, cos she has a bigger frame, she is sometimes pushed to do the harder jobs
Re: 5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. by ideatoprince18(m): 3:46pm On Oct 23, 2015
PunkyVeer:

How is that a lie? I don't know the kind of area you grew up in, but in my neighbourhood, a dice game was being played in almost every street corner. Anyone who didn't know how, simply didn't want to.So of course we'd watch, learn & later started playing it on our own, when it became too dangerous to watch the older boys playing it. Somehow it always ends up in a serious street brawl.

I don't know why you find that hard to believe but no lie, I've played it. Never won a single game though. Now that would have been unbelievable, if I claimed to be a dice throwing champ. Ha!
....,.. OK I believe now since u didn't gamble wit it
Re: 5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. by tpiah11: 3:47pm On Oct 23, 2015
thanks for sharing.
Re: 5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. by Blazinraj01(f): 3:48pm On Oct 23, 2015
donTbone:

I couldn't even count so many times av been lucky not to be electrocuted! angry
But all to the glory of God, I ended up been shocked by the minor plugs, sockets
or capacitor current! cheesy

You see that bolded, ehn, no go near am o! grin
Lol. Funny you. Thank God you are alive. That thing is strong. It keeps charge
Re: 5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. by donTbone(m): 3:48pm On Oct 23, 2015
Eyekandi:
Wash pops car
Put on the generator( no keys) pull like 3 times
Trust me, change deflated tire, all by your self... that's when you
appreciate guys more! cheesy
Re: 5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 23, 2015
PunterTim:
Guess The Boys Always Looked From Under Into Your Skirt When You Climbed!

Lol, we were kids! Kids then were still kids, unlike today's kids. The only thing I believe most of us knew about sex, was from watching dogs having sex. We leered & cheered at THAT instead grin
Re: 5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. by donTbone(m): 3:50pm On Oct 23, 2015
Blazinraj01:
Lol. Funny you. Thank God you are alive. That thing is strong. It keeps charge
As if it af do u b4? cheesy
Pass through the experience first,
then you can tell me it is strong grin
Otherwise... you wont understand wah am saying! LOL
Re: 5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. by SSpeter(m): 3:51pm On Oct 23, 2015
I was a real bad guy....the most troublesome and annoying kid in the neighbourhood. I got no time for chores. I was quite good at breaking plates...especially when coerced to do dishes. I have broken more plates to the extent that I was given a life ban from entering the kitchen tongue...no just ask me to mop the floor cos I will dismantle the mop stick after use. I will only accept to cook if we have meat starched somewhere in the kitchen...and for the car...chaiiiiii...I pity my popsy if he forget money inside..."moving things".....I was a quite good at spoiling not fixing
Re: 5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. by Blazinraj01(f): 3:52pm On Oct 23, 2015
donTbone:

As if it af do u b4? cheesy
Pass through the experience first,
then you can tell me it is strong grin
Otherwise... you wont understand wah am saying! LOL
Currently learning electrical installation and wiring. I will watch out for it
Re: 5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. by donTbone(m): 3:55pm On Oct 23, 2015
Blazinraj01:
Currently learning electrical installation and wiring. I will watch out for it
Wow...that's cool! #thumbUp for you. Once learned that sometimes ago!
But still, ion see you near life wire. since its just installation.

Nice for you, even as a corps member! wink
Re: 5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. by Blazinraj01(f): 3:58pm On Oct 23, 2015
donTbone:

Wow...that's cool! #thumbUp for you. Once learned that sometimes ago!
But still, ion see you near life wire. since its just installation.

Nice for you, even as a corps member! wink
Thanks. I just love the thing. Being a corp member made it cheaper and easier. smiley
Re: 5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. by phillipay: 3:58pm On Oct 23, 2015
And this made front page....OLUWA OO
Re: 5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 23, 2015
donTbone:

Trust me, change deflated tyre, all by your self... that's when you
appreciate guys more! cheesy

Lol, say gini

Where is the strength to wind the jack thing up, to even carry and roll the good tyre is war embarassed

Keep doing that one. I'm good.
Re: 5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. by sonnie10: 4:01pm On Oct 23, 2015
Cutting periwinkle ( you can only appreciate this if you grew up in calabar)

Baby sitting ( because nannies house helps/maid were not encouraged)

Washing napkins

Buying food stuff from the market. The price haggling with the market women on stuff like pepper and crayfish was hilarious.

Warming soup in the morning so that it does not go sour.
Re: 5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. by donTbone(m): 4:02pm On Oct 23, 2015
Eyekandi:

Lol, say gini

Where is the strength to wind the jack thing up, to even carry and roll the good tire is war embarassed

Keep doing that one. I'm good.
Oya! say a big shout out to all guys that has ever changed deflated tyre before! cheesy
Re: 5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. by donTbone(m): 4:04pm On Oct 23, 2015
Blazinraj01:
Thanks. I just love the thing. Being a corp member made it cheaper and easier. smiley
You a graduate of Elect Elect or u just took interest in it?

Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? / My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons / How Do You Deal With An Overstaying Mother In Law