Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,869 members, 7,813,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help (42319 Views)

My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me / My Marriage On The Brink Of Crashing, Experienced People Needed Now. / My Brother's Girlfriend Has Finally Charmed Him, Help Me Ooo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help by calabardick(m): 4:10pm On Oct 24, 2015
Apart from Hell fire, the next worst thing that can happen to human is bad marriage.
It is not your portion....

3 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help by stonecoldcafe: 6:39pm On Oct 24, 2015
90love:

U got it perfectly, we have sat down on many occasions about different things my first action is always good communication. He expresses his frustrations at his lack of achievement and constantly compares himself to his mum who built her first house by 30 and made her first billions by 25 she is a hard person to stand behind especially him being the only son the pressure for him to achieve greatness is depressing him. He continues to be haunted by his dad not being in his life but the funny thing is the reason for their split was that he used to swindle away all the mums money she would make from business and spend it entertaining friends, drinking, hosting lavishly. Today the dad is poor and rely on the mum for small upkeep though they are divorced and she re married 24 years ago.

Everyone has a wake up call if it wasn't for being pregnant maybe I would have continued supporting us blindly with hope of something better in the future. But his total lack of care was a huge slap in the face, he didn't insult me, he didn't beat me or any of that rather he would ignore my calls, take a day to reply my message, never check on me, never ever ask about my health or make attempt to visit me-all of that woke me up from my deep slumber.
I have contacted his elder sis who is waiting for me to call her and I have listed all my concerns about him I can't cope with him I need them to take some control because they will cry the hardest if something was to happen to him.

Quick question: is this guy British? I take it you guys reside in London by your profile. If your husband is not British, and you are, how are you not sure his interest in you was just for papers and papers alone?

Shine your eyes woman!

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help by 4nobody4every1: 7:12pm On Oct 24, 2015
lastpage:
I think l want to at times, agree with those who say "Women in general, have small brain"! grin grin grin

If when you were still dating, your husband showed all the above symptoms..... and you still went ahead to marry him and get pregnant for him, then you deserve to be stoned ... for coming here to complain.

But then, maybe you are making-up all these stories, to get an excuse and justification to opt-out of the marriage.
It looks like your real interest is to be a "Baby Momma" by tricking the man into impregnating you after doing a traditional marriage (the glory of it).
Now that yo are pregnant, its time to run.

Fphuck-off and dont disturb our peace here
Oloshos: . If they are not eloping with pregnancy for another man, they are complaining to too much shex or not enough shex, blah...blah...blah!!!

Lastpage!
lmao grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help by 4nobody4every1: 7:14pm On Oct 24, 2015
bioduneberry:
lipsrsealed

y u close ur mouth now grin grin
Re: My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 24, 2015
90love:

U got it perfectly, we have sat down on many occasions about different things my first action is always good communication. He expresses his frustrations at his lack of achievement and constantly compares himself to his mum who built her first house by 30 and made her first billions by 25 she is a hard person to stand behind especially him being the only son the pressure for him to achieve greatness is depressing him. He continues to be haunted by his dad not being in his life but the funny thing is the reason for their split was that he used to swindle away all the mums money she would make from business and spend it entertaining friends, drinking, hosting lavishly. Today the dad is poor and rely on the mum for small upkeep though they are divorced and she re married 24 years ago.

Everyone has a wake up call if it wasn't for being pregnant maybe I would have continued supporting us blindly with hope of something better in the future. But his total lack of care was a huge slap in the face, he didn't insult me, he didn't beat me or any of that rather he would ignore my calls, take a day to reply my message, never check on me, never ever ask about my health or make attempt to visit me-all of that woke me up from my deep slumber.
I have contacted his elder sis who is waiting for me to call her and I have listed all my concerns about him I can't cope with him I need them to take some control because they will cry the hardest if something was to happen to him.
Very well,then...if it's become really unbearable 4 yhu and u sure he'd be in safe hands...then,u sure do deserve to take a break from all of the heartaches. But even if yhu become separated,don't lose hope..Do not allow him become like his father.pray 4 him...4 d both ov yhu.
Re: My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 24, 2015
The truth is that we are who we are and no one can change anyone unless that person is ready to change
He wont be the only one who lives in London and he wont be the only one with bad friends . . .these were his choices
It was also your choice to ignore warning signs and decide to marry this guy
No matter how hard one trys, one cant hide ther true behaviour . . .certainly not for 5 years

I dont know why the mother is coming
She cant change him . . . . .She didn't change him when he was 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 . . .how then can she change him now?
Truth is that not everyone will be responsible
and not everyone will live a decent life and some people will be used as lessons to other people
unless your husband is ready to change . . . .im sorry there is nothing much you can do
You need to Love yourself, demand the best for yourself, put yourself first and respect yourself and time wasters and destiny killers will flee from you.
WIshinj you all the best,

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help by bioduneberry(m): 7:25pm On Oct 24, 2015
4nobody4every1:

y u close ur mouth now grin grin

I didn't see anything o
Lol
Re: My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help by Endtimesmith(m): 8:06pm On Oct 24, 2015
Join APC....Change party embassy
Re: My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help by Endtimesmith(m): 8:07pm On Oct 24, 2015
Endtimesmith:
Join APC....Change party embassy
Re: My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help by xynniey(f): 8:15pm On Oct 24, 2015
wasak:
Permit me to ask. All the while you were dating him, didn't you discover all those traits? Or you're one of those who believe they can change a man after marriage, that he ll bcom responsible after marriage.
The sad truth is, I've seen guys like that and they'll hardly ever change, its either you embrace him like that or you take a walk. You talk about not wanting to have a child in a broken home, is the home not alrdy broken whether you quit or not? Or you think the coming of the child will make him change.
I want to belive you re still young, if you do not want to grow old before your time, you just have to take a bold step, as it is, you have got a job of your ow, which means you can take care of the child, and if the qualities about you have stated about yourself are as much as true, you Angel will surely come for you in no time. Until then, be brave!
Moreso, perhaps when you leave this guy and give him a cold shoulder, he might com to terms with the reality of life and change his ways, such ppl do not change except with bitter experience.
all the advice need to stay alive is here. so just follow. the lord is ur muscle
Re: My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help by blackprowler: 10:34pm On Oct 24, 2015
In their mad rush to answer "married woman" they ignore clear, easy-to-see signs and when the novelty and value of that title wears off they start to squeal. Abeg carry your cross.

Marriage is not a biological necessity of life (especially at a fixed age range) but a mere social construct which is gradually outliving its usefulness. Nearly 50% of marriages now end in divorce in America and Nigeria is also stepping up its percentage too. It's now commonplace to find people in their third marriages and some divorcing in their 60s when closer to death. Start relationships early; don't put a time frame during which you must marry or because your friends are marrying. We all have different paths in life. I'm over 40 and barely ever had a real girlfriend. I'm not worried that I must marry. If I get financial security, find whom I'm compatible with, then maybe. If not, no. The greatest secret of couples is that they're much more miserable than if they were single. They won't own up cos they've invested so much to earn that title and are prepared o deceive themselves. Only few couples are actually happy in their marital life having connected with the right person. Women spend their adolescent years being taught how to mock boys who approach them, how to think the world would have been better had boys not existed. Lo and behold in a few years people are already asking whom they want to marry? In their late 20s it's already an issue of desperation and they become blind to so many potential problems of a potential suitor who "makes the mark" i.e has physical presence, a decent income and material things to show (not minding if he was really on thin ice).
Too much to say and I lack the fortitude to type

4 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help by malachytochukwu(m): 11:09pm On Oct 24, 2015
I think I would be greatly aided if "The professor of English Nairaland" could tell me what figure of speech "80%" is? Incase you just wrote jamb, I wud suggest you approach my brother's youngest son to help you with Post UME past questions. Success in your exams Prof.
Goldenboy007:

Sorry o but I would be as polite as I can be - This is how people fail jamb o...did you read where I asked her if she is outside Nigeria, which infers I was not referring within Nigeria? Then point 2, did you see me use the word "lazy" ? Point 3..if you are really conversant with English language you will know using the term "80%" was a figure of speech when used in an informal discussion because I did not claim I have empirical evidence and this is not a research paper. Broda mi, hope I was polite enough?
Re: My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help by gazilion: 5:22pm On Oct 25, 2015
90love:
UPDATE:::

i repeated all of my concerns to his senior sister especially the Alcohol because he already has liver problems which can result in a transplant and even death!!
His mum is boarding a flight from lagos to london today or tomorrow morning to sort it out. They really panicked but i felt i had no choice.
i dont know how he will react when he sees his mum but my heart is beating heavy out of anxiety i dont want him to feel betrayed but i understand i have to stop enabling him.

Thank u all!!!Bleep

Nothing is irredeemable. I pray it works out well for you...do not divorce - it's the worst.
It's heart breaking and depressing when it seems you have put in everything and no good result is coming forth...
I sincerely pray God to see you through this trial...
Re: My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help by slam7000(m): 8:42pm On Oct 25, 2015
lifeskilz129:
You and the other guy do not understand english language. The quote is saying that 80% of Africans in london are like that! There are so many kids born tribalistic on this forum!

Not really. It is a subtle way of protecting her lazy Yoruba yahoo guy.

80% actually refers to Yoruba men.
Re: My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help by nnekaud7: 12:45pm On Oct 26, 2015
i think you should talk to him,
in a nice and slow tone explain to him what u are giong through,
some guy dont want to show love but that does not mean they dont love you,
u need to fight for your family for the sake of ur unborn baby,
remember that any woman who can not take responsibility when it comes to keeping the family together has FAILED as a woman
May the lord see you through
Re: My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help by azeeztqophic(m): 5:52pm On Nov 01, 2015
My dear friend there is no problem without solution... I think the first is to go back to God pray for your safe delivery and your husband becaus some things are not ordinary God will help You.
Re: My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help by diva90: 8:25pm On Mar 19, 2016
OP wats the current situation of your marriage? Did you end up leaving him? I think your husband is highly irresponsible. I would have separated from him if I were in your shoes. But then again, I'm wondering if you didn't see these signs while you people dated? The lack of ambition and signs of laziness would have been obvious. Even at the point you noticed all wasn't going well and that there were financial issues, you shouldn't have gotten pregnant(family planning). The worst part is having to raise a child alone or in a broken home. Hopefully you were able to resolve the issue to a reasonable extent.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

12 Images That Will Literally Only Make Sense To Nigerians / Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. / How Do Wives Whose Husbands Work In Distant Places Cope Sexually?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.