Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,736 members, 7,955,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:32 PM

Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra - Properties (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra (52502 Views)

100 Houses Destroyed By Rain In Enugu State. Photos / Anambra Man Builds House For Poor Widow, Dedicates It After Completion. Photos / AFFORDABLE Land AND HOUSES FOR SALE @ IBEJU LEKKI, IKORODU, SHIMAWA, OTA ABUJA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by joecarls: 1:27am On Oct 25, 2015
Get Cheap data Now!!!

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by bigfrancis21: 3:49am On Oct 25, 2015
soonest:

A part of Orumba was ceded to oji river in Enugu during state creation so i'm not surprised

A regular setting in the Achi dialect of Oji River, with interpretations in Onitsha, would be:

Ndu bee m a lata! Ulu ejee! Aayee. (Ndi bee m a nata! Unu ejee! [Unu ejee is the achi way of saying 'nno']. Aayee is an expression of delight.)

Njii uzo ulu mgbaru wee la-abiafute ibe e? [Kee uzo unu gbalu wee na-abia ebe anunwa?]

Adaeze nwunye nwa m! Njii ka I meru? Ji ghu kwanu? Ndu bee ji ghu kwalu? [Adaeze nwunye nwa m! Kee ka I mee? Di gi kwanu? Ndi bee di gi kwanu?]

Lekwenu Chidi! Nwa agaba anyi. Nwa la e chochekwelu! Njii iye I la-eri? [Nekwanu Chidi! Nwa diana anyi! Nwa a e tosigonu! Kee ife I na-eli?]

M ma-agwotaru ulu jigbo ka ulu taa. [M ga-agwotalu unu abacha/ncha/jigbo ka unu taa]

Bia Njideka, njii akpa m? Njii ka O du? Si vii m akpa m. Patii ka. [Bia Njideka, kee akpa m? Kee ebe O di? Si bunye m akpa m. Butie ebe a]

O bu l'agu. [O bi n'agu].

Notice the preference for 'j' in place of 'd' as in Njii/Ndii, Ji/Di (Ji means both husband and yam in achi and depending on the setting, the listener understands which 'ji' the speaker is referring to), 'u' for 'i' as in gu/gi, ndu/ndi and also the overwhelming preference for 'l' in place of 'n' as in ulu/unu, la/na etc. Sentence structure wise, it shares similarity in structure with Onitsha Igbo.
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by InvertedHammer: 4:55am On Oct 25, 2015
Yujin:

Do you that the same Ugo foam you know once had a clash with the entire Umunze wherein he called to police to arrest our people? The stories surrounding such giant strides are not normally smooth. In our case the problem was resolved and we came together to build Umunze to what it is today. You guys must come together to build forgetting the irrelevant things and work for the upliftment of Umuchukwu. His type is very rare. Do not allow your petty pride to kill the wind of goodwill blowing through your community. Many people are wishing for his kind. We are talking about landmark achievements and not promises here. Do you know up till date some people don't speak well of Ugo in Umunze? They have their stories to back up their feelings e.g he took their lands to build infrastructures for our people. He converted some things to other uses instead of the traditional purpose they were meant for etc. Dissident voices must be there but reasonable people will look beyond those things and support the willing heart. He may not be the richest from your place but he has the heart to give. Its uncommon brother. If his only problem with your people is the forceful change in the name of the community then its shameful to say the least even though the process he used may not be good. All over the world there's no time everyone in a group of people will agree to consensus for the good of their community. It has always been by majority or forceful implementation. A referendum was done as was reported whether it was rigged is another case. Appreciate the man you have today before you lose him. Will you rather prefer Nkerehi remained the way it was?
/
You can arrest dissidents. But once many are killed, it shadows the whole purpose. Pretty much every town has a philanthropist in Igbo land. Some built roads, houses, even gave out cars, etc without any bloodshed.

Dr. Maduka is an icon. But that does not make it right to champion the slaughter of people's siblings and parents. I don't think Nkerehi will ever move beyond that. Emeka Offor, Late Ezego, Ibeto, Prof. Okpala, Alex Ekwueme, etc. are many people that uplifted their towns without any bloodshed.

The people whose parents and siblings were killed may grow up to be something someday just as Dr. Maduka propped up from obscurity.

Every observation should not be viewed from the prism of envy. A typical Igbo man will tell you, "after all, he is not feeding me". So what do I have to lose or gain from speaking up against a perceived atrocity? He is not the first philanthropist neither is he going to be the last. One can always do right by the people without recourse to bloodshed.
/
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Pennywise(m): 7:55am On Oct 25, 2015
@Op,
What an extraordinary act of good will by this doctor. I hope this doesn't turn igbo women in the community into self made widows.
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Uchechris06(m): 8:12am On Oct 25, 2015
Adelaide2:

Good gesture. But Abia and Anambra are not contiguous. No physical boundaries btw them. To get to Abia from Anambra, u must pass thru Imo.
my dear Anambra also has direct boundry with Abia.... After a town Umunze were we have fed college of edu, then you will see this town and the next town there is Isuochi which is Abia state. The only state in east that doesnt share boundry with Anambra is Ebonyi state.
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by LordBuchi(m): 8:18am On Oct 25, 2015
Adelaide2:

Good gesture. But Abia and Anambra are not contiguous. No physical boundaries btw them. To get to Abia from Anambra, u must pass thru Imo.

Oga boss, don't make point out of something you aren't too sure of. Do you think the OP have not done enough research before telling you about this town at the boundary of Anambra and Abia? Maybe you have been in the east and accessed Abia through Imo, but that doesn't mean that there is only one entrance to Abia. If you think you know east very well, you are supposed to know that Anambra through Orumba south LG have boundary with Abia through Nneochi LG.
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 25, 2015
Nigeria needs unity
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 25, 2015
We rise together
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 25, 2015
One house
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by sukkot: 10:21am On Oct 25, 2015
NoIgwegbe:
Igbos own actual shops, while Yorubas sell in traffic and wooden roadside stalls.
brah ? this thread is dead. go check the recent threads on frontpage
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Yujin(m): 1:27pm On Oct 25, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/
You can arrest dissidents. But once many are killed, it shadows the whole purpose. Pretty much every town has a philanthropist in Igbo land. Some built roads, houses, even gave out cars, etc without any bloodshed.

Dr. Maduka is an icon. But that does not make it right to champion the slaughter of people's siblings and parents. I don't think Nkerehi will ever move beyond that. Emeka Offor, Late Ezego, Ibeto, Prof. Okpala, Alex Ekwueme, etc. are many people that uplifted their towns without any bloodshed.

The people whose parents and siblings were killed may grow up to be something someday just as Dr. Maduka propped up from obscurity.

Every observation should not be viewed from the prism of envy. A typical Igbo man will tell you, "after all, he is not feeding me". So what do I have to lose or gain from speaking up against a perceived atrocity? He is not the first philanthropist neither is he going to be the last. One can always do right by the people without recourse to bloodshed.
/

Ok. I can see you know your onions. What do you think is the way forward? Should the name be reverted to the old one or should Maduka just abandon Nkerehi the way it is now? What we want is solutions and reconciliation. I
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 25, 2015
Adelaide2:

I am from Orumba South and the towns that border Anambra and Abia is Owerre-Ezukala which is in Anambra before you get into Isuochi which is a community in Abia so Stop talking rubbish yoruba boy!

1 Like

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by MrGerald(m): 9:40am On Dec 26, 2015
tony4life58:

Anambra has no physical boundary with Abia oga
OK I understand now, they has spiritual boundary
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Tequilah: 5:15pm On Jan 05, 2016
NoIgwegbe:
The same way that Yorubas migrated into Lagos after the Egba Wars destroyed Yorubaland in the 1918s. Yorubas are as much refugees in Lagos as Igbos are. #Truth.

Erm... I am getting confused. sad How can Yorubas be refugees in Lagos, when Lagos is also a Yoruba town/city? shocked
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Ade3000yrs(m): 3:08pm On Mar 30, 2016
Valto:

www.punchng.com/city-news-feature/america-based-doctor-builds-houses-for-widows-in-anambra/
this is the good news, I wish other igbos, yoruba and hausa should emulate, not like the brainless animals ranting Nigerian Decimation. The Last time I check in the Yoruba land, it was only Awolowo that had this kind of selfless philantropic Charisma. It s as if Nigeria is now a ghost town because it seemed the Real spirit of Nigeria died with Awolowo, Amadu Bello, Nnamdi Azikiwe, Tafawa Balewa, Sanni Abacha and Odimegwu Ojukwu. As Nigerians, we are suffering because we have lost connection with our rich multidiversity and multicultural history. Most of us realy need to go and dig up our history book and read well and wide because most of our long gone heroes and past leaders were all realy selfless people from our Premier leaders down to Odimegwu Ojukwu and Sanni Abacha were all realy selfless people. We allow people to feed our head with falls stories and lies about other tribes because we are to lazy to read. If any of our leaders, had weaknesses as all humans would and took some costly decission that has landed us where we are today then we should be the revised and updated version of our past leaders as we are now better oportuned with all the needed technology and information to aid us with better and more informed decissions and judgement. Truly the spirit of the True Nigeria has realy died with our fallen heroes and most of us are just valueless empty space and empty face menacing the social media. What we now have today are empty graduates with certificates that fills government offices and appointment with nothing to offer Nigerian except their pocket and their immediate family alone and careless about others. Going about with money starched away in secrets account and yet pointing fingers and calling others thieves. Without the rich history of our past as an entity to guide us like a compass, we would no doubt be like the marauding sheep and goats walking straight into a lion's den full of a pride of lions. Like Judahs among the 12 disciples of Christ, There would always be wolves amongs us praying that we divide so that their full attack plan willl be successfuly realised. "HOMO HOMINI LUPUS," meaning "MAN IS A WOLF TO HIS FELLOW MAN!"
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Tequilah: 2:45pm On Apr 13, 2016
NoIgwegbe:
The same way that Yorubas migrated into Lagos after the Egba Wars destroyed Yorubaland in the 1918s. Yorubas are as much refugees in Lagos as Igbos are. #Truth.

Eh, in which history class did you learn this tales by moonlight? How can you call Yorubas refugees in Lagos? Are you one of those who failed history courses in secondary school?? shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

High Quality And Affordable Polysterene Parapet For Your Roof / AMEN ESTATE PHASE 2,WITH 3M DEPOSIT YOU OWN A PLOT,PRICE INCREASES SOON / Osibona: My Ikoyi Building Projects Are Driven By Grace,Peace & Faith(Throwback)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.