Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,160 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra - Properties (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra (51888 Views)

100 Houses Destroyed By Rain In Enugu State. Photos / Anambra Man Builds House For Poor Widow, Dedicates It After Completion. Photos / AFFORDABLE Land AND HOUSES FOR SALE @ IBEJU LEKKI, IKORODU, SHIMAWA, OTA ABUJA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Nobody: 4:51pm On Oct 24, 2015
Adelaide2:

Good gesture. But Abia and Anambra are not contiguous. No physical boundaries btw them. To get to Abia from Anambra, u must pass thru Imo.
don't ever say what you don't know, which imo town is between abia from anambra, through umunze to isuochi?
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 24, 2015
sonssyo:

are u from owerre ezukala,that's my town
don't mind them. I'm from umunze and has been going to umunze and can't remember any imo town I cross to get to isuochi which is abia state
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by pazienza(m): 5:02pm On Oct 24, 2015
Yujin:

Lol. You tried so well in speaking our dialect although with little variations. Notice how you used wu/ghu to represent 'you' in the sentences. I doubt if we do use 'wu' in any of those towns. Its basically 'ghu' we use. Also, when we say 'Ndu gu gam' we don't mean it in the present tense (like our Abia and Imo brothers) but rather in past tense. I.e. I was scared. For the present tense we say; ndu la gum.
For a thief we say onye oshi. Lol. 'akala' means discussion. You tried any way.
By the way this dialect covers almost the entire old Aguata region.

It's the same in Umunneochi. I just confirmed from my source. It's Oshi for Ohi and "ndu la agum" for ndu gu gam".

Aguata? I doubt, even Orumba North dialects differ from those of Orumba south and Umunneochi, let alone far away Aguata.

I have stayed in Ekwulobia before, their dialect is significantly different from those of Ogbunka, Umuchukwu, Owerre Ezukala and Umunze.

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by sukkot: 5:07pm On Oct 24, 2015
patmaine:

actually we migrate to Lagos because we know the yorubas are stupiddddd. so we take advantage of them.
selling gala in traffic is how you take advantage of yoruba ?
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 24, 2015
Are talking about Ugo Foam
Yujin:

You know much about Umunze. That's good to know. Ugo was our own Maduka. He got houses scattered all over Nigeria and those who live in those houses are mostly my town's people. Such men are rare to find. I don't know if there's any book written about Ugo? I'll search for it.
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by overdrive(m): 5:23pm On Oct 24, 2015
sukkot:
selling gala in traffic is how you take advantage of yoruba ?
cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Yujin(m): 5:23pm On Oct 24, 2015
bigfrancis21:
Iwuchukwu being a boundary town between Anambra and Abiastate, it would be interesting to know the type of Igbo spoken in the area. Nwaisuochi, pazienza, and others, what is the Igbo spoken in Isuochi like? Does it flow with mainstream Anambra Igbo or does it tend towards Southern (Abia) like Igbo or a mix of both?
It is contiguous. From southern Anambra down to northern Imo share a lot in how we speak. We use 'ihe' for things instead of the well known 'ife'. Now the SW anambra share linguistic similarity with their neighbouring Imo communities while we on the SE share linguistic similarity with Okigwe in Imo and Isuochi/umunneochi in Abia state even with the Awgwu areas of Enugu state. A sweet and funny dialect.
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Yujin(m): 5:25pm On Oct 24, 2015
DikeOha882:
Are talking about Ugo Foam
Yes
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by soonest(f): 5:38pm On Oct 24, 2015
pazienza:

The entire Orumba south speak similar dialect of Igbo as Eziama and Isuochi towns of Umunneochi LGA of Abia state.

Example of Umuchukwu( Nkerehi) sentences :

Shi kaa fuo! ( get out of there)
Ndu gu gam ( I am scared)

Ha no kaa boga akala. ( They are there discussing)

I wu onye ohi. ( You are a thief)

Agam igbu gi iru. ( I am going to beat the hell out of you)

I wu onye? ( who are you)

O shi ghu gaje I bia( He said that he is going to come)

Bia kanu( come here).

Loving this. My mum is from orumba south, i so love their dialect
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Yujin(m): 5:40pm On Oct 24, 2015
pazienza:

It's the same in Umunneochi. I just confirmed from my source. It's Oshi for Ohi and "ndu la agum" for ndu gu gam".

Aguata? I doubt, even Orumba North dialects differ from those of Orumba south and Umunneochi, let alone far away Aguata.

I have stayed in Ekwulobia before, their dialect is significantly different from those of Ogbunka, Umuchukwu, Owerre Ezukala and Umunze.
For Ekwuluobia downwards there's no significant difference its just that because of their proximity to the central part of Anambra they tend to flow with the dialects of 'ndi agbaelu'. Lol. We share a lot in common tradition and linguistics. Ask any one from that area they will tell you. Also, like its true for all Igboland the farther away you move the variation of dialects get pronounced. An Ekwuluobia man will easily understand all we say than the man from Awka or Owerri.
Orumba north speaks the same as us. We all do meet at the market in my town so I know this very well. You can't tell the difference unless you're told.
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Yujin(m): 5:42pm On Oct 24, 2015
soonest:
Which town in Orumba South?
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Yujin(m): 5:42pm On Oct 24, 2015
soonest:
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by soonest(f): 5:46pm On Oct 24, 2015
Yujin:

Nawfijah! You guys are making me feel like visiting. They always welcome me and call me Nwa agabo
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Yujin(m): 5:48pm On Oct 24, 2015
tochimas:
don't mind them. I'm from umunze and has been going to umunze and can't remember any imo town I cross to get to isuochi which is abia state
Nwannem nwanyi, aria ebe I nor?
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Yujin(m): 5:50pm On Oct 24, 2015
soonest:

Nawfijah! You guys are making me feel like visiting. They always welcome me and call me Nwa agabo
yeah that's our word for 'nwa diana'.
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Pamelayoung: 6:03pm On Oct 24, 2015
Remain blessed sir.
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by bigfrancis21: 6:09pm On Oct 24, 2015
Yujin:

yeah that's our word for 'nwa diana'.

I see a lot of similarities between Orumba south dialects and my mother's town dialect of Oji River Enugu state. The Achi people also say, 'ibo akala, for discussion, 'la' instead of 'na' for present tense, 'ghu' for 'you', 'nwa agaba' for 'nwa diana', etc.

A typical Achi Oji River sentence would be: Okwa mu la ghu lo ibe e la-abo akala (Okwa mu na gi no ebe a na-akpa nkata) or, Njii iye mmeru ghu (Kedu ife melu gi?)

1 Like

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Yujin(m): 6:57pm On Oct 24, 2015
bigfrancis21:

I see a lot of similarities between Orumba south dialects and my mother's town dialect of Oji River Enugu state. The Achi people also say, 'ibo akala, for discussion, 'la' instead of 'na' for present tense, 'ghu' for 'you', 'nwa agaba' for 'nwa diana', etc.

A typical Achi Oji River sentence would be: Okwa mu la ghu lo ibe e la-abo akala (Okwa mu na gi no ebe a na-akpa nkata) or, Njii iye mmeru ghu (Kedu ife melu gi?)
yeah that's true. We speak almost the same like them too. Notice 'ndii' and 'njii'. Also, while they say 'iye' for 'ihe' we say 'ihye'. You need to be very attentive to pick this part.
Lol. A very funny dialect I tell you.
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by overdrive(m): 7:03pm On Oct 24, 2015
soonest:

Wow that's my place and it's nwa agaaba,
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 24, 2015
we from the special town of Anaedo 're behind u guys anything we 'll do to help as big brother we 'll do..

we love to see our little brothers upgrade for real menn.

with love from NNEWI.
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by iiiyyyk(m): 7:15pm On Oct 24, 2015
Justdulla:
Instead of Those He Goats screaming secession to embark on this sort of project so as to endear them to their people as this will mean They stand united in One voice, they are busy blocking highways and setting tires ablaze like Nigeria doesn't have bigger issues to deal with..mtscheeeew Bloody Bunch of Agberos who want to Govern a Mirage state

Why are u affraid of secession.
if u think one nigeria is good, another person has right to think one nigeria is not good.

every man is entitle to his opinion.
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by iiiyyyk(m): 7:19pm On Oct 24, 2015
bigfrancis21:

some parts of okigwe also speak similar Igbo

1 Like

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Ijeobii: 7:32pm On Oct 24, 2015
Please upload his full picture. This man is not just rich and sweet but so HANDSOME. I love you Mr. Maduka, keep doing your good works and may Chukwu Okike Abiama bless you mmaji pulu mmaji
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 24, 2015
Good, heard about Ugo foam while growing up as a kid
Yujin:

Yes
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 24, 2015
thats one tin i like about anambra people Always helping each other
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by soonest(f): 9:29pm On Oct 24, 2015
bigfrancis21:

A part of Orumba was ceded to oji river in Enugu during state creation so i'm not surprised
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by soonest(f): 9:30pm On Oct 24, 2015
overdrive:

Wow that's my place and it's nwa agaaba,
Wow! Where in Nawfijah exactly?
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by overdrive(m): 9:34pm On Oct 24, 2015
soonest:

Wow! Where in Nawfijah exactly?

Ohukabia
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by InvertedHammer: 9:34pm On Oct 24, 2015
You cannot compare Dr.Maduka with Chief M.N. Ugochukwu (Ugo Foam) of blessed memory. Ugochukwu built a united Umunze while Maduka messed up his town, Nkerehi. No one is doubting the impact that he has made in Nkerehi. The end does not always justify the means. Nkerehi would have been greater today if Maduka had used diplomacy instead of violence. Just like a tussle for kingship crisis, when a town reaches this advanced stage in intra-communcal crisis, peace will elude them forever.

This was the build up to the Nkerehi crisis:

Thursday, September 3, 2009
Change Of Name Splits Orumba Community
By Okey Maduforo

The crisis has been as old as three years now since a philanthropist; Dr Godwin Maduka returned to the town and commenced several developmental projects. To the admiration of most people, Maduka has been a blessing to his people and community.

But the question that has remained unanswered is which community has Maduka been a blessing to? To those that claim to be Umuchukwu community Maduka has been a true son of his father. But to those that answer Nkerehi community, the man has been a symbol of woes.

This face off in the community over the change of its name from Nkerehi to Umuchukwu has indeed taken a toll on this community in Orumba South Local Government Area of Anambra State. According to a petition to the Inspector General of Police signed by NM Umenweke counsel to Joseph Anulobi and eleven others.

They alleged that “It is our Clients’ instruction that Dr. Godwin Maduka constitute a bandwagon of thugs recruited from Aguleri and some others from Nkerehi Town which include Viz: Sunday Obi, Anthony Ezeji, James Ogbonna, Rufus Ugwa, Ifeanyi Duru, Ikechukwu Okeke, Okechukwu Nwele and others armed them with machetes, axe, acid and over 54 pieces of pump action with which he has been pursing the agenda of changing the Name of Nkerehi community to Umuchukwu unilaterally which is today the edge of disintegration of Nkerehi into two

“Dr. Maduka abducted Barr. Odoemena on 12th day of February 2007 with his thugs and some mobile police men and when they brought him before Dr. Maduka he told Barr. Odoemena that he will waste him if he did not join his group

“Since then armed men have been trailing Barr. Odoemena both at his office, village house and resident at Onitsha . In his further threat, Dr. Maduka said that as a Drug baron based in LAS VEGAS USA he can conceive and execute any kind of crime in Nigeria as far as money is concern after all even the Inspector General of Police can be controlled with money.

“In pursuance of the negative purpose for which he constituted this horrible men of the underworld, he on the 11th of March 2007 ordered that one Barr. Basil Igwike should be killed and after some hours of incarceration in his private cell, Barr. Igwike was according beaten to moribund, the picture and his injuries found in a newspaper that published the story is annexed and marked as Exhibit. A

“A spurious allegation of kidnap of his Royal Highness Igwe M.N. Ukaegbu was made against Barr. Basil on the same 11th of March 2007 to predicate the assault on him

“Barr. Basil petitioned the Commissioner of Police of Anambra State in which case the commissioner assigned the matter to the state CID for investigation. The said investigation was accordingly conducted in respect of the alleged kidnap of His Royal Highness Igwe M.N. Ukaegbu, serious assault on Barr. Igwike, and the murder of one Peter Echem. This late Peter Echem was kidnapped by group of armed men and later found dead with bullet wounds.

“The State CID upon discovering that the alleged kidnap of the Igwe was unfounded but was basically fabricated to underpin the malice aforethought against all those who opposed the attempt by Dr. Godwin Maduka to change the name of the town from Nkerehi to Umuchukwu. The state CID Awka discovered in the cause of their investigation that Dr. Godwin Maduka and the mobile policemen given to him by zone 9, Umuahia and the barrage of his armed brigands who follow him were responsible for the murder of the said Peter Echem. The same vehicle which is a white Mercedes Benz Car used in kidnapping Peter Echem before he was murdered and purportedly used in kidnapping the said Igwe M.N. Ukaegbu was parked in the house of Dr. Godwin Maduka.

“Intensive investigation were being carried out into the matter by Supol Ubi of Anambra State Police Headquarters Awka and more cans of worms were about to be revealed when the zone 9 command of the Nigerian Police Umuahia called for the entire files on the case, accordingly suppressed the case of murder against Dr. Godwin Maduka.

He further alleged that the police have not helped matters in the prosecution of those allegations of assault on the villager insisting that

“We the complainants in the matter herein above referred wish to formally bring to your knowledge our corporate feelings vis-à-vis the manner with which our complaints is being treated with triviality and levity while we remain at the receiving end of the persistent onslaught of the unscrupulous suspects

“It is clear that after the arrest, bail and subsequent jumping of bail of Dr. Godwin Maduka, no other thing has been done in respect of our complaint despite over eleven times (11) we have visited your office to same effect.

We opted to explore the service of police as an institution constitutionally mandated to maintain social equilibrium in a civilized system but the expected protection seem not to be forthcoming barely one year after our complaint.”

But the President General of Umuchukwu community, Hon. Peter Ibezimakor told Daily Independent that those allegations are not true.

“There is nothing like that Umuchukwu is calm and peaceful. All those people that have been telling you that we have problems are only deceiving you. We held a government referendum over the change of name from Nkerehi to Umuchukwu and it was successful. Last year we had our gazette and everything is over.”

“Relating to the allegations of assault on the villagers, I tell you clearly that nobody was attacked. They may have attacked themselves and want to give a dog a bad name in order to hang it. The post office in the community bears Umuchukwu, also with the Divisional police office, the Churches and every other institutions in the community.

“Any one that goes about talking to you about Nkerehi is only making up stories to deceive the public. You can even speak with the DPO here in Umuchukwu.”
Ibezimakor further contended that the allegation of Umuchukwu people not attending the Roman Catholic Church in the are is not true, contending that all the churches have been peaceful and that there has not been any case of misunderstanding among the people of Umuchukwu

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by soonest(f): 9:49pm On Oct 24, 2015
overdrive:

Ohukabia
shocked shocked shocked! I have to stop now so that i don't reveal my identity.
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Yujin(m): 11:44pm On Oct 24, 2015
InvertedHammer:
You cannot compare Dr.Maduka with Chief M.N. Ugochukwu (Ugo Foam) of blessed memory. Ugochukwu built a united Umunze while Maduka messed up his town, Nkerehi. No one is doubting the impact that he has made in Nkerehi. The end does not always justify the means. Nkerehi would have been greater today if Maduka had used diplomacy instead of violence. Just like a tussle for kingship crisis, when a town reaches this advanced stage in intra-communcal crisis, peace will elude them forever.

This was the build up to the Nkerehi crisis:

Do you that the same Ugo foam you know once had a clash with the entire Umunze wherein he called to police to arrest our people? The stories surrounding such giant strides are not normally smooth. In our case the problem was resolved and we came together to build Umunze to what it is today. You guys must come together to build forgetting the irrelevant things and work for the upliftment of Umuchukwu. His type is very rare. Do not allow your petty pride to kill the wind of goodwill blowing through your community. Many people are wishing for his kind. We are talking about landmark achievements and not promises here. Do you know up till date some people don't speak well of Ugo in Umunze? They have their stories to back up their feelings e.g he took their lands to build infrastructures for our people. He converted some things to other uses instead of the traditional purpose they were meant for etc. Dissident voices must be there but reasonable people will look beyond those things and support the willing heart. He may not be the richest from your place but he has the heart to give. Its uncommon brother. If his only problem with your people is the forceful change in the name of the community then its shameful to say the least even though the process he used may not be good. All over the world there's no time everyone in a group of people will agree to consensus for the good of their community. It has always been by majority or forceful implementation. A referendum was done as was reported whether it was rigged is another case. Appreciate the man you have today before you lose him. Will you rather prefer Nkerehi remained the way it was?
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Nobody: 12:48am On Oct 25, 2015
Yujin:

Nwannem nwanyi, aria ebe I nor?
anobum lagos,mana a Kam biara abia na Ala bekee

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

"Do Not Sex Here Again": Uncompleted Building Owner Warns (Photo) / How Much Is Cement In Your Area And Why Is The Price Of Cement Still High? / Complete My House Or Travel Abroad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.