Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra (51841 Views)

100 Houses Destroyed By Rain In Enugu State. Photos / Anambra Man Builds House For Poor Widow, Dedicates It After Completion. Photos / AFFORDABLE Land AND HOUSES FOR SALE @ IBEJU LEKKI, IKORODU, SHIMAWA, OTA ABUJA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by sunnyb0b0(m): 9:05am On Oct 24, 2015
Justdulla:
Instead of Those He Goats screaming secession to embark on this sort of project so as to endear them to their people as this will mean They stand united in One voice, they are busy blocking highways and setting tires ablaze like Nigeria doesn't have bigger issues to deal with..mtscheeeew Bloody Bunch of Agberos who want to Govern a Mirage state

Is marriage by force?

5 Likes

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Orikinla(m): 9:05am On Oct 24, 2015
Valto:

www.punchng.com/city-news-feature/america-based-doctor-builds-houses-for-widows-in-anambra/
God bless you a thousand fold more as He granted you the grace to do this.
My kind of Igbo.
Not the greedy noisemakers.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by jascon1(m): 9:07am On Oct 24, 2015
LastSurvivor:
God bless him..
He who gives the needy gives to the Lord..
some fools would rather give it to one pastor than channel it to the rightful people in need

6 Likes

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by wristbangle: 9:07am On Oct 24, 2015
Justdulla:
Instead of Those He Goats screaming secession to embark on this sort of project so as to endear them to their people as this will mean They stand united in One voice, they are busy blocking highways and setting tires ablaze like Nigeria doesn't have bigger issues to deal with..mtscheeeew Bloody Bunch of Agberos who want to Govern a Mirage state

I just can't believe you were born to this world.

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Nwaisuochi(m): 9:08am On Oct 24, 2015
Adelaide2:

Good gesture. But Abia and Anambra are not contiguous. No physical boundaries btw them. To get to Abia from Anambra, u must pass thru Imo.
Are you from planet Jupiter? I am from Isuochi which is the boundary town between Abia and Anambra states.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by sonssyo: 9:08am On Oct 24, 2015
investnow2013:
Anambra has Land boundary with Abia State!..... Do you know boundary Town of Owerre-Ezukala?

are u from owerre ezukala,that's my town
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by sukkot: 9:09am On Oct 24, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

Is marriage by force?
marriage is not by force so pack your bags and move to cameroon. the land belongs to nigeria. its like a woman who does not want to be married to her husband anymore. she takes her bags and leaves her husbands house. CASE CLOSED kiss
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by deramarks(f): 9:09am On Oct 24, 2015
sukkot:
I knew it wink wink
. Naso! U know it...I'll build 12,000,000. Houses for orphans will I also b a yoruba person?
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Yujin(m): 9:11am On Oct 24, 2015
investnow2013:
Amen!.He was't controlling anything!. Some people( I mean the Pharrohs that held the town down for years) feel intimidated because of his humble background & philantropical nature!.The name of the town was changed by govt/town backed referendum!. You need to know why they have to change the name of their town, it is a long story!
And may those pharoahs remain in perpetual confusion as he continues with his giant strides. I'll remember him in my prayers.
People like T. A Orji should be banished from Igboland. Evil people who love to see their communities held down in poverty do not deserve to live.
What this man is doing is similar to what our first Igwe did to elevate my once rural community to a town of reckon today in Anambra. That Igwe lived ahead of his era. Till date no one has stepped into his shoes. Shame to Chief Jonah Eze. A multi-billionaire with no vision for his people.

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by kozmokaz(m): 9:12am On Oct 24, 2015
yet dey call us wailers!!! I wonder why d three wise men didn't cone from d west or north? DAT SAME IGBO BOY!!

3 Likes

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by investnow2013: 9:13am On Oct 24, 2015
sonssyo:

Got loads of boys working for my family from there!. I know the Chief also, but had lost contact with him since!
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by sukkot: 9:13am On Oct 24, 2015
deramarks:
. Naso! U know it...I'll build 12,000,000. Houses for orphans will I also b a yoruba person?
no, you will be a Godly person. yoruba and igbo are wicked people generally. they only think of themselves. so this act by this man is very rare for an igbo or a yoruba man. oh you thought i was on a tribal rant ? oh no, i am on a realistic rant. i am yoruba by the way. wink

1 Like

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 24, 2015
Kudos to such magnanimity...

1 Like

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Yujin(m): 9:15am On Oct 24, 2015
sonssyo:

Nne, ndii otu imere?
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 24, 2015
I read this message with a great deal of emOssion and am quite jealous of the fact that I presently do not have the wherewithall to do thesme. However, it would be nice for those rich Nigerians who keeps going to waste their money on pastors who will eventually enrich thenmselves with the money, to take a cue from this man. I recently read a story of one foolish woman who paid 60million to a church as tite. I am sure she has some poor relatives.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by ajebuter(f): 9:16am On Oct 24, 2015
See? My fellow yorubas wey dey abuse igbo

Not all igbos are drug peddlers and there are many good ibos as well as bad ones

There are Good yorubas and bad ones

Good hausa and boko haram

# team-no-to-tribalism#

One love.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by otiigba1(m): 9:18am On Oct 24, 2015
Now this is what wealth is made of, its not tonto decay omotola, or davido buys a mansion in banana island or buys a range rover

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Lancier(m): 9:18am On Oct 24, 2015
Do you know Insurance is the modern day creator and protector of wealth?

We at insurancedirect2u in association with STACO Insurance Plc can provide you with world class insurance services to safeguard you in Nigeria's challenging environment. 

Our Services: 
Motor Insurance,Fire and Special Perils Insurance,Personal Protection Plan,Burglary Insurance,Home Insurance,Accident Insurance,Building Insurance,Workmen Compensation,Marine & Aviation Insurance,Engineering & Construction Insurance,Oil & Gas Insurance etc. 

Our rates and premiums are quite competitive and affordable. We also offer we flexible payment plans and advisory services. 

For inquiries, call LANRE  on 08033054437 or ping me. BB Pin: 2bd85fdb  You can also email me on lancier224@yahoo.com. 

INSURE TODAY to safeguard against the unforeseen. Please forward to all your friends and contacts.

InsuranceDirect2U...Quality Service Delivery "2U" Guaranteed.
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by bigapple7: 9:19am On Oct 24, 2015
when it get to a point in life u have to give back to ur pple to impart to humanity race good wrk God bless ur excedingly

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by pazienza(m): 9:19am On Oct 24, 2015
So Godwin madukaji story finally reaches NL.
Hmm, odikwa fine.

Well, the man is a good man that have done great things for his town.

The idea of changing the town's name from "Nkerehi" to "Umuchukwu" and then burning down of various shrines in the town on account of inferiority complex induced belief that those gods are evil and that the name "Nkerehi" is outdated and not fitting for the town, didn't sit well with some traditionists in the town, and rightly so too.
To make matters worst, pro madukaji groups were busy burning down the shrines claiming that the gods were the cause of the backwardness of the town, While madukaji was busy building new big shrine( Church) for the Christians.

Madukaji had money and because of the good things he had done for majority of the people of the town, including the Igwe of the town, got the popularity vote and people's support on the town name changing ish as a show of gratitude from the people to him.
But those in Nkerehi who already were self made and that didn't need Madukaji's help insisted that the town name remain "Nkerehi".

This was the same scenario that played out in most Igbo societies in time past, as represented in Things fall apart.

As always, the traditionists lost out, and the Christians had their way, and the town most of us had known as Nkerehi since the dawn of time, became renamed "Umuchukwu", to reflect the shift of the town from traditional Igbo belief system to the Christian belief system.

4 Likes

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Kennydoc(m): 9:19am On Oct 24, 2015
Adelaide2:

Good gesture. But Abia and Anambra are not contiguous. No physical boundaries btw them. To get to Abia from Anambra, u must pass thru Imo.

You must pass through Imo, when you're going through the major roads,but they have border communities that share a common boundary.
Anambra shares boundaries with Enugu (to the east), Imo (to the south), Abia (to the southeast), Kogi (to the North) and Delta or River Niger (to the west).
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by tanning(m): 9:20am On Oct 24, 2015
Justdulla:
I pity you greatly cos your bereavement in common sense and wisdom just listen to your post.
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 24, 2015
Justdulla:
Continue to cry because igbos said the want to live Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by sweatlana: 9:22am On Oct 24, 2015
This is one thing I love about the Igbos. Once they attain wealth the help out their brother

God bless u sir. Widows from that region really suffer...

6 Likes

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by oz4real83(m): 9:24am On Oct 24, 2015
AustineE1:
Thats how we roll in Igboland!
Kudos.
. Yes o! That is how u roll Igbo with razler in the land!!!
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Aroh48(m): 9:25am On Oct 24, 2015
I jst come to check name,I knew it wil be NWA AFOR.

3 Likes

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Darlduchi: 9:25am On Oct 24, 2015
It is understandable to have vomited these trash that should remain in your stinky belly till your sudden destruction if you are muslim, it also understandable if you are non- muslim, as your fathers have impacted on you the need to align with islam for the sake half square meal.

Our courage though as Biafrans is in ISAIAH 14:21. Read and be scared.

Justdulla:

1 Like

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by sukkot: 9:25am On Oct 24, 2015
otiigba1:
Now this is what wealth is made of, its not tonto decay omotola, or davido buys a mansion in banana island or buys a range rover
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by investnow2013: 9:25am On Oct 24, 2015
Umuchukwu: How deity community became glorious city!!!

…As philanthropist liberates his people

The Umuchukwu community in Orumba South Local government Area of Anambra State formerly known as Nkerehi before the name was changed in 2008 after a referendum and government gazette was then known for poverty, idolatry and underdevelopment.
But the people have gone through the valley of the shadows of death and came out triumphant.
The community, which is made up of five villages namely Isiama, Umueze, Uhu, Umualaoma, Umuana, shares common boundary with Ogbunka community and Abia State.
Before the wind of change blew in Umuchukwu community, the community was like a cursed area with several ugly stories until one of its sons, Dr. Godwin Maduka, an American-trained physician, decided to carry the cross of liberating the people from the shackles of poverty, idolatry and backwardness.
Giving an insight into the pitiable nature of the community before Maduka’s intervention, a native, Mr Godwin Duru said:
“We were like caged people. We had one or two people who were opportune to be educated and had left the shores of the country . But while the few seemed to be comfortable in their own way, the rest of the community was running around in circles with nothing to boast of. While poverty was ravaging us as individuals, our community lacked all the basic amenities of living that made life to stop at our neighboring communities while we lived in another world altogether.”
Oriental News gathered that it was Dr Maduka, chief medical director, Las Vegas Pain Institute, who decided to take the risk of changing the face of the community through empowerment of the youths, education and development projects.
According to Duru, at the heat of the struggle to effect a positive change, Christians in the community after a revelation during prayers made efforts to change the name of the community from Nkerehi to Umuchukwu.
Also Mr Nnamdi Okoli in a chat with Oriental News talked about the revelations and what happened after moves to effect the change.
“The name Nkerehi is an ancient name which by prayers it was revealed that it literarily means those who struggle to get anything or those who delighted in snatching cows from people by force. It was by the same divine revelation in prayers that we elected to change our name to Umuchukwu which means the children of God or God’s children. But those who wanted us to remain in our backward state vowed to truncate our struggle, but in the end I can say that in line with the reigning song of Korede Bello that God –win”
In the struggle for the name change and attracting of development projects in the community, those opposed to the wheel of progress instigated trouble and division in the community.
He said that things got to a point where attempts were made on people’s lives and property were destroyed as the instigators labeled Dr. Maduka as a religious zealot and one who wanted to use his money to control everybody.
But Maduka was said to be unfazed by all the criticism as he continued to look for ways of improving the living condition of his people.
It was during that turbulent period that former governor of Anambra State, Peter Obi after seeing Maduka’s genuine efforts also remembered the community. Before Obi left office, he constructed the Umuchukwu, Ogbunka road, Owerri-Ezukala –Umuchukwu road, provided a five-class room block, new transformer and security vehicle for the community.
But it was Maduka’s unusual philanthropy that really changed the face of the community.
During the recent burial of his elder brother and the traditional prime minister of the community, Chief Obioma Maduka, visitors marveled on the great transformation that has taken place in the community courtesy of Dr Maduka.
Presently, several new buildings are springing up in the community, projects being executed by those whom Dr. Maduka has trained in choice professional courses in the university and also others empowered in their various businesses.
A volunteer who took Oriental News round the community noted that no single individual has ever done what the man has done, saying that he had to endure all the pains and insults heaped on him by those who are simply jealous that he has decided to live his life for others to be happy.
Valentine Obienyem, who represented former Governor Obi at the burial ceremony while mourning the late traditional prime minister, described Dr Maduka as “the proverbial tree that made a forest of the thick Amazon type.”
Among the structures that have sprung up in Umuchukwu through the Godwin Maduka Foundation, are about 90 living houses built and donated to the poor in the community replacing their huts.
The Catholic priest in charge of St. Jude’s Catholic Church, Umuchukwu, Rev. Fr. Maximus Muojekwu, reflecting on the journey so far in the community, said that Maduka has built a city.
He said that he was overwhelmed that an individual would make such a huge investment for his people.
Another native, Godwin Ezeji said that the Godwin Maduka Foundation has also sponsored 90 per cent of the lawyers in the community while there are about 450 children enjoying his scholarship.
“There is also a 14 storey building, the first of its kind in the community and another structure of 60 room apartment meant for workers in the community,” he said.
But Dr Maduka described what he does for his community as little acts of philanthropy, which came about from meager earnings in his medical practice out of necessity so as to alleviate the plight of his people.
Hear him: “Everybody knows that about 10 to 20 years ago, we cannot boast of any single amenity including pipe borne water as everything eluded us. Anybody growing up in that environment will have no choice than to do something about it. I started this many years ago with the little money I earn. When you see people living in thatched houses in this age and you know you can do something about it, you will not have rest in that situation. It is necessity that pushes me to do this because you can’t make money to buy a fine car and you come home and discover that many people around you are suffering and dying while you keep silent.”
Talking about those who fanned the embers of discord in the community while people like him were struggling to liberate the people, Maduka said that it was those who struggled to paint him black that eventually propelled him to higher heights, saying that “truth will always triumph over falsehood.”
He said the love for his people still propels him to keep struggling to better their lives as he asked God to forgive those who hurt him while he keeps asking for God’s strength to keep touching lives through his chosen field of medicine.( See The picture below of The 14 Story Skyscrapper being built by My Godwin Maduka in The rural Village Community of Umuchukwu Anambra State)

1 Like

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Yujin(m): 9:25am On Oct 24, 2015
sukkot:
no, you will be a Godly person. yoruba and igbo are wicked people generally. they only think of themselves. so this act by this man is very rare for an igbo or a yoruba man. oh you thought i was on a tribal rant ? oh no, i am on a realistic rant. i am yoruba by the way. wink
You are right by saying only Godly people carryout such grand gestures but I think Igbos have been more philanthropic than the Yorubas. There are many Igbos who have done a lot to uplift their communities than any other tribes in Nigeria. You wouldn't have heard of him if not for punch. Very silent contribution- my type of person. Note you can disagree with me by telling us of philanthropic Yorubas you know and their contributions either to their host communities or their homes of origin. I'm not in contest with you.

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by sunnyb0b0(m): 9:27am On Oct 24, 2015
sukkot:
marriage is not by force so pack your bags and move to cameroon. the land belongs to nigeria. its like a woman who does not want to be married to her husband anymore. she takes her bags and leaves her husbands house. CASE CLOSED kiss

You reason like a kindergarten pupil. Was there Nigeria before the Igbos started living in Igbo land? If no, how then does the land belong to Nigeria?

When people divorce, they leave with their properties.

5 Likes

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Yeske2(m): 9:27am On Oct 24, 2015
Kennydoc:

You must pass through Imo, when you're going through the major roads,but they have border communities that share a common boundary.
Anambra shares boundaries with Enugu (to the east), Imo (to the south), Abia (to the southeast), Kogi (to the North) and Delta or River Niger (to the west).
Not forgetting Rivers state from the Ogbaru axis to the southwest.

I will one day be like this man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Security Men In Front Of A House In Abuja Dressed In Queen's Guard Uniform / "Do Not Sex Here Again": Uncompleted Building Owner Warns (Photo) / Complete My House Or Travel Abroad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.